post #661 of 688 Old 11-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

What makes them money-grubbing a-holes is that in the 3 or so years that streaming has been offered, they've done next to nothing to improve the quality despite thousands of complaints. They can get suckers to pay for it, but not me. Want to charge me the same as Directv users? Well then you better damn well offer me the same content and the same quality. They don't. And they dont appear to give a ****.

The only way to speak to a company effectively is with your wallet. You've done your part.

Unfortunately, the "mindless drones" or those that are just happy to see their team at all in a reliable fashion, will continue to cough up the cash.

There's no competition on this product to drive Directv to act otherwise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 688 Old 11-10-2011, 12:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Master View Post

This crappy service DirecTV is selling is not worth it.

fortunately, my wallet is subject to how i value things, not how you do...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

post #663 of 688 Old 11-13-2011, 10:36 AM
Advanced Member

Is it possible to cancel and not pay the rest of the funds? Don't have a credit card on file. I have another 85 in my wallet to cover the next payment, but I'm thinking I'll pass. Use the funds on other stuff.
The terms and conditions don't really mention anything other than "you're responsible for all payments, no refunds".
post #664 of 688 Old 11-13-2011, 12:19 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet396 View Post

Is it possible to cancel and not pay the rest of the funds? Don't have a credit card on file. I have another 85 in my wallet to cover the next payment, but I'm thinking I'll pass. Use the funds on other stuff.
The terms and conditions don't really mention anything other than "you're responsible for all payments, no refunds".

You're responsible for the entire payment. Can't stop in the middle.
post #665 of 688 Old 11-13-2011, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHergenrader View Post

You're responsible for the entire payment. Can't stop in the middle.

Dont listen to this guy. Simply go into your account settings and turn off the subscription to Sunday Ticket, and make sure you've turned auto-payments off.
post #666 of 688 Old 11-13-2011, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Just got home from work and turned on the SEA/BAL game on the PS3, and I must say the picture quality is actually pretty good. It's almost as good as mlb.tv All that needs to be done now is work on the audio.

And the FOUL!
post #667 of 688 Old 11-13-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:

Dont listen to this guy. Simply go into your account settings and turn off the subscription to Sunday Ticket, and make sure you've turned auto-payments off.

Read the fine print on the terms and conditions. DirecTV has your personal contact information and will just send it to a collection agency. You might not end up having to pay but you are very likely to be harassed by a bill collector and deal with a negative credit ding.
post #668 of 688 Old 11-13-2011, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_Dude View Post

Read the fine print on the terms and conditions. DirecTV has your personal contact information and will just send it to a collection agency. You might not end up having to pay but you are very likely to be harassed by a bill collector and deal with a negative credit ding.

Good luck collecting from people that created a fake ID on PSN and then just paid for one chunk of Sunday Ticket with a pre-paid code. The only people they could conceivably go after are people with credit cards on PSN, which after the debacle of PSN getting hacked earlier this year, I hope most people removed all of that and replaced their user info with garbage.
post #669 of 688 Old 11-14-2011, 09:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Actually, no they don't have my personal contact information. They have my email address. Nothing else on my account is real. Why would it be? Sony would lose it.

I've never used a CC, only prepaid PSN cards.

I was just thinking in terms of, next time I add funds to my wallet, will they just grab them out. But since it's set up like other subscription services on PSN, thanks for the info everyone else, looks like it's easy to just unsub. They'll get this month out of me, but nothing after that. I got it for the Browns, and it hurts to pay to watch them.
post #670 of 688 Old 11-14-2011, 09:31 AM

Liked: 15
There is always someone trying to cheat the system. Honest customers end up paying for their activities.
post #671 of 688 Old 11-15-2011, 08:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctober205 View Post

There is always someone trying to cheat the system. Honest customers end up paying for their activities.

Pardon? I'm not cheating anything. I'm just not continuing a subscription for a service whose quality I find unsatisfactory. It is also not as advertised, Sunday Ticket for PS3 implies the same capabilities such as simultaneous split screen games and DVR playback features after a game ends. The audio is horrendous. But this is all beside the point.

It is a subscription service at $84.99/mo, for no longer than 4 months. After I fail to renew, I will no longer get the service beyond the months I've paid for... hence, not cheating anyone.

Here, this is copied directly from an emailed receipt directly from Sony

[Subscription Service]

The subscription you have purchased will continue until cancelled. Your wallet will be charged the above purchase price* automatically on the next renewal date stated above and subsequent renewal dates unless you cancel the subscription. Upon cancellation, you will not receive any refunds or credits, but the purchasing account will be able to enjoy the content for which you have paid. Please refer to the PlayStation(R)Network Terms of Service and User Agreement for details.

You can cancel the subscription by changing your account settings in the Transaction Management section of Account Management or contacting Customer Service. Also, if your wallet does not have enough funds and the "Automatic Funding" feature* is disabled on a renewal date, the subscription will be cancelled.

Please see the sections below for details on cancelling a subscription and the Automatic Funding feature.

[Cancelling a subscription]

- Cancelling from a PS3(TM) system or a PSP(TM) system:
Sign in to PlayStation(R)Network, and then go to [PlayStation(R)Network] > [Account Management] > [Transaction Management] > [Services List]. After selecting the subscription you want to cancel, select [Cancel Automatic Renewal].

- Cancelling from a PC:
Click on the following link, sign in to PlayStation(R)Network, and then go to [View Services]. After selecting the subscription you want to cancel, cancel the automatic subscription renewal.
https://store.playstation.com/login.gvm

[Automatic Funding]
* "Automatic Funding" is a feature to fund your wallet if your wallet does not have enough funds at the time of renewal. Your credit card is charged automatically the greater of the purchase cost or the minimum charge amount of US$5.00 for PlayStation® Network accounts in United States or CAD$5.00 for PlayStation®Network accounts in Canada. This feature will allow you to continue to receive subscriptions without worrying about the amount of funds in your wallet. This feature is not available for sub account holders and not available in some countries or regions.

The Automatic Funding feature will be turned "ON" automatically every time you purchase a subscription. You can change this setting at any time in the way described below. However, subsequent purchase of any subscription will automatically return the feature setting back to "ON."

- Setting "Automatic Funding" from a PS3(TM) system or a PSP(TM) system:
Sign in to PlayStation(R)Network, and then go to [PlayStation(R)Network] > [Account Management] > [Transaction Management] > [Automatic Funding].
- Setting from a PC:
Click on the following link, sign in to PlayStation(R)Network, and then select [Manage Wallet Options].
https://store.playstation.com/login.gvm
post #672 of 688 Old 11-15-2011, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The email you get from Sony when you sign up tells you if you don't want to continue the monthly subscription to go into your account and turn off the subscription and turn off auto-pay. If anyone ever tried to sue you, your lawyer would kill them with that email.
post #673 of 688 Old 11-15-2011, 11:02 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:

Q What are the price options for DIRECTV NFL Sunday Ticket on Sony PlayStation®3?

A You have five price options to choose from.

- DIRECTV NFL SUNDAY TICKET ($339.95 for the entire season)

- DIRECTV NFL SUNDAY TICKET ($84.99/mo. for 4 months)

- DIRECTV NFL SUNDAY TICKET ($113.25/mo. for 3 months)

- DIRECTV NFL SUNDAY TICKET ($99.99/mo. for 2 months)

- DIRECTV NFL SUNDAY TICKET ($149.99/mo. for 1 month)

You must pay for whatever you agreed to. In one post you are looking for a way to get out of paying the "rest of the funds" and now you claim to have paid in full and you just don't want it to auto-renew.
post #674 of 688 Old 11-15-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:

The email you get from Sony when you sign up tells you if you don't want to continue the monthly subscription to go into your account and turn off the subscription and turn off auto-pay. If anyone ever tried to sue you, your lawyer would kill them with that email.

So what lawyer are you going to get on retainer for less than the $340 you owe DirecTV/Sony?

Deadbeats always gonna deadbeat but don't be shocked if Sony doesn't blacklist your PS3 from PSN if you don't pay what you agreed to pay DirecTV. Doesn't matter if you have a fake name or not in that event.
post #675 of 688 Old 11-15-2011, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So what lawyer are you going to get on retainer for less than the $340 you owe DirecTV/Sony?

Deadbeats always gonna deadbeat but don't be shocked if Sony doesn't blacklist your PS3 from PSN if you don't pay what you agreed to pay DirecTV. Doesn't matter if you have a fake name or not in that event.

My wife would do it for free. Sony support were the ones telling people earlier in the season that if you didn't like the quality of the Sunday Ticket to just do what I said (cancel sub, turn off renewal). When you agree to buy Sunday Ticket, they dont give you the option to buy a full season. They give you one and only one option - to buy a month. If it ever went to court, Sony/Directv would get owned. Their own emails and their own support people are telling consumers that the service is month-to-month.
post #676 of 688 Old 11-16-2011, 08:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctober205 View Post

You must pay for whatever you agreed to. In one post you are looking for a way to get out of paying the "rest of the funds" and now you claim to have paid in full and you just don't want it to auto-renew.

I've been doing the $84.99/mo option, as at the beginning of the season when I signed up, that was the only payment option available on the PSN.
I didn't want to be on the hook for payments further than the month I've paid for...which I've found a way and others have confirmed, just un-tick auto-renew.
post #677 of 688 Old 11-17-2011, 05:00 PM

Woah can't login to psn so looks like no Thurs night football.
down for maint looks like...can anyone get in?
post #678 of 688 Old 11-17-2011, 05:20 PM

Well, I logged in 1 min before game, but found out that Thurs night football is not part of Sunday ticket...I guess that why they call it Sunday ticket
post #679 of 688 Old 11-17-2011, 05:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by breaker330 View Post

Well, I logged in 1 min before game, but found out that Thurs night football is not part of Sunday ticket...I guess that why they call it Sunday ticket

Bing!

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

post #680 of 688 Old 11-17-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breaker330 View Post

Well duh.

Yes, Thursday night, Sunday night and Monday night football games are exclusive to those networks.
post #681 of 688 Old 12-01-2011, 06:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
New "Savings" $149 for 5 weeks (yeah I know, not much of a savings,dont kill the messenger)..

http://us.playstation.com/psn/nfl/
post #682 of 688 Old 12-16-2011, 01:43 PM

Now that the NFL's just-signed TV deals gives the TV networks digital streaming rights, does anyone know how this will impact DirecTV's Sunday Ticket "To Go" package, as well as the PS3 app?

I just hope that whatever way the digital rights are handled, that Sunday Ticket will continue to be made available online. It would suck if the out-of-market games are no longer streamed and that fans of those teams are once again forced into purchasing satellite service from DirecTV. (Not that it's an option for me, since I live in a condo.)
post #683 of 688 Old 04-30-2012, 12:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Directv put up their new pricing for the NFL Sunday Ticket for the 2012 season and there is no mention anywhere about it being available again on the PS3 for the 2012 season...I even called Sony to verify if it will be available for the upcoming season and they did not offer much info...

I hope this wasn't a beta trial one year test and feel type of thing.If anyone hears anything please post and keep us updated...Thanks

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/conten...oternavtype=-1
post #684 of 688 Old 05-01-2012, 05:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterLewis View Post

Directv put up their new pricing for the NFL Sunday Ticket for the 2012 season and there is no mention anywhere about it being available again on the PS3 for the 2012 season...I even called Sony to verify if it will be available for the upcoming season and they did not offer much info...

I hope this wasn't a beta trial one year test and feel type of thing.If anyone hears anything please post and keep us updated...Thanks

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/conten...oternavtype=-1

This thread is from 2 years ago in 2011. They did have it in 2012 as well so it's not a one year test.
post #685 of 688 Old 05-01-2012, 05:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by joed32 View Post

This thread is from 2 years ago in 2011. They did have it in 2012 as well so it's not a one year test.

Time for another cup of joe. It's 2012....season starts in in September and last year was the first year it was offered on PS3.

I'm hopeful it's offered again as I believe they lowered the sub price down to $199 (no mention of PS3, so not sure if it's only for DirecTV subscribers).

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #686 of 688 Old 05-01-2012, 06:18 AM

Liked: 19
Quote:

2 years ago would be 2010. This thread didn't start until Aug 2011 which was 9 months ago. Where do you get 2 years from? Last season which was 2011 was the first year it was offered on the PS3. And they didn't begin to offer it until Sept 2011 which 8 months ago.
post #687 of 688 Old 05-01-2012, 08:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm pretty confident that I created this thread less than a year ago.
post #688 of 688 Old 05-02-2012, 04:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 37
So I lost a year somehow, I'll look around for it. Must be here somewhere.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page