Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 688 Old 08-27-2011, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
@ SteelersakaBillsrule

I agree ,I have mlbtv on ps3 and nexdef can be inconsistent at times, all though when it locks in it looks rather good.

But I hope and pray ST on Ps3 goes a different route and uses better codecs and bandwidth applications as football is a fast pace game and needs higher bitrates...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 688 Old 08-27-2011, 08:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post
You'd think they'd give a preview. Either week 1 or at least show some pre-season games on it so people would know what to expect.
Sunday Ticket has nothing to do with the pre-season. NFL Network shows all the pre-season games. And NFL.com offers pre-season games streamed live for $40. They have reduced the price to $10 if you want to catch the last week. Whether or not the quality of that stream would be representative of NFL ST is who knows?
post #183 of 688 Old 08-29-2011, 03:40 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First, of all no one should be insulting another person's priorities in spending money on a ST even if one deems it expensive.

I think 340 is way too expensive considering they dont even offer fans that dont have the NFL Network tier in their packages an option to watch Thursday Night Games.

Also, the HD quality remains to be seen. From what I read, the NFL has never offered a great online HD product.

I have a PS3 with COMCAST. I am thinking of finding a friend who has DIRECTV and offer to split the price on ST. My buddy just had a kid and so it will be more convenient at my place and even my mom who is a huge steelers fan can wath the games at my place. If I dont find that option, then sportsbars it is and those days when i am out of town and cant find a bar with the Steelers audio on, then I can subscribe to NFL Rewind and catch the game with sound on a replay to see if I missed anything.

BTW, i did go to a couple of bars in NJ a year plus ago to watch a Steelers game. One was Bar A or something. It sucked. Maybe they had a good Steelers crowd, but the TVs were ancient and the flat screens showed SD. So I had to find a smaller place that had HD feed and went there. I live in Atlanta where we have better sportsbars, especially for Steelers. I dont drink. But I usually tip the waitress 4-5 bucks even though my bill is only 10 bucks or so. Maybe the owners may not love it, but I bring in friends who drink. Still, yeah, it can akward if the bar is full and you are taking up space with your measly bill. But I can't help it as I need to watch the game badly.
post #184 of 688 Old 08-29-2011, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantar View Post

First, of all no one should be insulting another person's priorities in spending money on a ST even if one deems it expensive.

I think 340 is way too expensive considering they dont even offer fans that dont have the NFL Network tier in their packages an option to watch Thursday Night Games.

Also, the HD quality remains to be seen. From what I read, the NFL has never offered a great online HD product.

I have a PS3 with COMCAST. I am thinking of finding a friend who has DIRECTV and offer to split the price on ST. My buddy just had a kid and so it will be more convenient at my place and even my mom who is a huge steelers fan can wath the games at my place. If I dont find that option, then sportsbars it is and those days when i am out of town and cant find a bar with the Steelers audio on, then I can subscribe to NFL Rewind and catch the game with sound on a replay to see if I missed anything.

BTW, i did go to a couple of bars in NJ a year plus ago to watch a Steelers game. One was Bar A or something. It sucked. Maybe they had a good Steelers crowd, but the TVs were ancient and the flat screens showed SD. So I had to find a smaller place that had HD feed and went there. I live in Atlanta where we have better sportsbars, especially for Steelers. I dont drink. But I usually tip the waitress 4-5 bucks even though my bill is only 10 bucks or so. Maybe the owners may not love it, but I bring in friends who drink. Still, yeah, it can akward if the bar is full and you are taking up space with your measly bill. But I can't help it as I need to watch the game badly.

Just laughing at your post.

Steelers Bars are all over the country. Not in every city, but there are alot of them for sure.

Bar A in New Jersey? That is Bar Anticipation in Belmar, NJ. I am laughing because when I was alot younger, my friends and I used to frequent that bar. Definitely for the younger crowd, and almost certainly not a sports bar
post #185 of 688 Old 08-29-2011, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Just wanted to report success with the steps mentioned earlier to call and "cancel service"

I called today (Monday, during the day). I did get a male CSR. I told him I've seen these ads on TV about Sunday Ticket being "included" -- what's that all about, I asked? He said that's for new customers only... so somewhat dejectedly I asked if they are offering anything for existing customers... he said let me see Mr. paule123. Well you've been a customer for 11 years... and you're on the auto-renew plan for Sunday Ticket... pause ... I'll tell you what Mr. paule123, I can offer you $20 off your bill for 6 months... pause ... and I see you have Sunday Ticket To-Go, so I'll offer you an additional $10 credit for 6 months to offset the cost of that.

So bottom line, $180 in credits. Not bad. I took the offer.
post #186 of 688 Old 08-29-2011, 07:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Steelersrule, it is indeed BarAnticipation. And on Sundays, it does transform into a sportsbar with team flags, jerseys and stickers all over the place. But the TVs were just flat out terrible. I do hear it is a gathering place and a popular happy hour spot at all times.

I am tempted to switch to DirecTV for the NFL season, but COMCAST renewed their 40 dollar off each month offer on my top tier triple play. So I pay 170 a month. I am still steamed that it has become a lot more expensive for extra outlet viewing considering we need a STB for HD. THe main advantage for cable in the past was you could get most channels without a STB on additional outlets.

We know, which section would be an appropriate place to discuss sportsbars as that is a big venue for HD viewing for sports. We can discuss good sportsbars and bad ones in more detail on AVS.
post #187 of 688 Old 08-29-2011, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Comcast has Redzone Channel if I remember correctly. Any Steelers game you can't see will get a ton of air time on Redzone. Most of the big teams get most of the coverage.
post #188 of 688 Old 08-30-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:

Comcast has Redzone Channel if I remember correctly. Any Steelers game you can't see will get a ton of air time on Redzone. Most of the big teams get most of the coverage.

Yes they do and it's extra. $7 a month I think. And sorry but RedZone does not = Sunday Ticket. Better than nothing I suppose, but they are not equal. As far as the Steelers they are on SNF, MNF and NFLN a total of 5 times this season. Being they have a national following odds are in many areas even their Sunday games will be on local TV. So I'd say at least a minimum of 10 Steelers game will be on TV no matter where you live. For Pats, Packers, Cowboys, Colts, Eagles and Steeler fans ST is probably not a deal since most games will be on TV no matter where you live.
post #189 of 688 Old 08-30-2011, 09:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCF68 View Post

Yes they do and it's extra. $7 a month I think. And sorry but RedZone does not = Sunday Ticket. Better than nothing I suppose, but they are not equal. As far as the Steelers they are on SNF, MNF and NFLN a total of 5 times this season. Being they have a national following odds are in many areas even their Sunday games will be on local TV. So I'd say at least a minimum of 10 Steelers game will be on TV no matter where you live. For Pats, Packers, Cowboys, Colts, Eagles and Steeler fans ST is probably not a deal since most games will be on TV no matter where you live.

Umm I am stuck in Columbus with crappy Browns and Bengals games...
post #190 of 688 Old 08-30-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrunner529 View Post

Umm I am stuck in Columbus with crappy Browns and Bengals games...

Well if you're a Steelers fan, they play those teams 4 times total which means 4 times on local TV plus the 5 times on national TV which means a minimum of 9 games. Possibly more.
post #191 of 688 Old 08-30-2011, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:

So I'd say at least a minimum of 10 Steelers game will be on TV no matter where you live.

NY will most likely only get 8 though remember.

post #192 of 688 Old 08-30-2011, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Still no word, or App/Avatar listed on the PS3 yet, huh?

Not even any mention in the Playstation Store?

Weird, since I think there is a cap for signups, and whether or not they begin at Midnight on Sept. 6th, or whenever for that matter.
post #193 of 688 Old 08-30-2011, 10:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELERSRULE View Post

Weird, since I think there is a cap for signups, and whether or not they begin at Midnight on Sept. 6th, or whenever for that matter.

I asked Jeff Rubstein,he's a Sony ex. who post blogs @ PSN on when we can expect a tutorial and more info on ST and he responded that they are in the process of taping it this week...

So keep your eyes open for the blog these coming days and I hope this thing holds up quality wise.
post #194 of 688 Old 08-30-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:

I doubt there will be caps. There are fewer people with PS3s than there are people with DirecTv. And the % of people with DirecTv that have Sunday Ticket is maybe 10% at most. And you can assume that maybe about 20% of people with DirecTv already have a PS3. So why spend $340 on ST for the PS3?
post #195 of 688 Old 08-30-2011, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I doubt there will be caps. There are fewer people with PS3s than there are people with DirecTv. And the % of people with DirecTv that have Sunday Ticket is maybe 10% at most. And you can assume that maybe about 20% of people with DirecTv already have a PS3. So why spend $340 on ST for the PS3?

I like to doubt it too. But I thought I read in one of the articles about the PS3 having Sunday NFL Ticket, that they were going to "Cap" the amount of people who are able to sign up for it this first time around.

I could be wrong, but I thought was stated. Granted no numbers were given, but as a way to check and see how popular this is going to be, and to work out the kinks.

I don't know.
post #196 of 688 Old 08-30-2011, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I like to doubt it too. But I thought I read in one of the articles about the PS3 having Sunday NFL Ticket, that they were going to "Cap" the amount of people who are able to sign up for it this first time around.

I could be wrong, but I thought was stated. Granted no numbers were given, but as a way to check and see how popular this is going to be, and to work out the kinks.

I don't know.

There's definitely a cap. But I doubt they'll come remotely close to reaching that point.
post #197 of 688 Old 09-06-2011, 07:08 AM
Advanced Member

Ok guys here is what the Nfl Sunday Ticket looks like on the PS3....

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...tation-network
post #198 of 688 Old 09-06-2011, 07:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 29
If "Sunday Ticket" was cheaper, I would consider buying a PS3 just to get it.
post #199 of 688 Old 09-06-2011, 07:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDOrlando View Post

If "Sunday Ticket" was cheaper, I would consider buying a PS3 just to get it.

NFL Sunday Ticket @ no extra charge
post #200 of 688 Old 09-06-2011, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm planning to stick with a cable co so it's a no-go.
post #201 of 688 Old 09-06-2011, 07:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I'm planning to stick with a cable co so it's a no-go.

I'am a die hard Bills fan and I cant put up with watching Jax Jaguars games every week on cable here in CFL so this is a good option for me..

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...tation-network
post #202 of 688 Old 09-06-2011, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Peter,

I hate having to watch the jags too.

My Giants will probably be on TV often this year so I feel it too much.

If your a Bills fan, it's definitely a good option.
post #203 of 688 Old 09-06-2011, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Peter,

I hate having to watch the jags too.

My Giants will probably be on TV often this year so I feel it too much.

If your a Bills fan, it's definitely a good option.

It's never a good option to be a Bills fan.
post #204 of 688 Old 09-06-2011, 08:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bidger View Post

NFL Sunday Ticket @ no extra charge

For one year only and requires a 2 year contract. That doesn't make the PS3 version any cheaper which is what the poster was referring to.
post #205 of 688 Old 09-06-2011, 12:44 PM

Still no app to download. I guess tonight.
post #206 of 688 Old 09-06-2011, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luiginyc84 View Post

Still no app to download. I guess tonight.

Yeah, probably coming with the weekly Tuesday downloads. Kinda wish Sony would drop the stupidity of only releasing things one day a week and start releasing them when theyre ready.
post #207 of 688 Old 09-06-2011, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah, probably coming with the weekly Tuesday downloads. Kinda wish Sony would drop the stupidity of only releasing things one day a week and start releasing them when theyre ready.

Oh, OK. I thought I was gett screwed over for some reason. I didn't see it anywhere in the PlayStation Store(Under Media).

And it was located anywhere in my Media XBar, anywhere as of 4:00pm EST.
post #208 of 688 Old 09-06-2011, 03:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantar View Post

+ Karen Spearrin on September 6th, 2011 at 10:56 am said
The current HD bandwidth/bitrate feed is 3mbps.

That's a copy from a comment from http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...tation-network .

Highlighted in red so I assume its a moderator of some sort.

Dish Network HD averages around 4.5mbps h.264 so 3mbps is pathetically low.
post #209 of 688 Old 09-06-2011, 03:30 PM

App is up now in the Playstation Store. I got it downloaded and ready to go. Anybody else who downloads it, do you get the same message saying "We're Sorry. The season starts on September 8th. See You Then"?
post #210 of 688 Old 09-06-2011, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobosrul View Post

+ Karen Spearrin on September 6th, 2011 at 10:56 am said
The current HD bandwidth/bitrate feed is 3mbps.

That's a copy from a comment from http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...tation-network .

Highlighted in red so I assume its a moderator of some sort.

Dish Network HD averages around 4.5mbps h.264 so 3mbps is pathetically low.

I think 3mbps is the same as the MLB.TV feeds and those are of very good quality. The high action of football will be interesting to see how it goes with that bitrate.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page