New Girl on FOX HD - Page 13 - AVS Forum
First ... 11  12  13 14  15  ... Last
HDTV Programming > New Girl on FOX HD
skyehill's Avatar skyehill 11:48 AM 02-20-2013

Wasn't as solid as the last two episodes, but still had a lot of great moments. Another quality Winston episode.

NickTheGreat's Avatar NickTheGreat 08:44 AM 02-21-2013
I've seen enough episodes of The Suite Life to have trouble accepting how sexy Daisy is. eek.gif
dattier's Avatar dattier 10:26 AM 02-21-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post

I've seen enough episodes of The Suite Life to have trouble accepting how sexy Daisy is. eek.gif
I've seen only a couple of episodes of any incarnation of "The Suite Life" and only a few scenes with Brenda Song, but all it should take is hearing one cogent sentence from Daisy for you to dissociate her from London Tipton.  It would be like confusing her with Brenda Strong.
NickTheGreat's Avatar NickTheGreat 11:54 AM 02-21-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dattier View Post

I've seen only a couple of episodes of any incarnation of "The Suite Life" and only a few scenes with Brenda Song, but all it should take is hearing one cogent sentence from Daisy for you to dissociate her from London Tipton.  It would be like confusing her with Brenda Strong.

Oh I know. Maybe I'm just getting older . . . eek.gifwink.gif
NorthJersey's Avatar NorthJersey 12:02 PM 02-21-2013
what happened in the last couple minutes of the episode - my stupid DVR cut off the last minute or so
I could watch it on Fox on Demand from my cable provider but you cant' FF through commercials
daryl zero's Avatar daryl zero 12:41 PM 02-21-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey View Post

what happened in the last couple minutes of the episode - my stupid DVR cut off the last minute or so
I could watch it on Fox on Demand from my cable provider but you cant' FF through commercials

Winston went all "Stella!!!" when he couldn't find Daisy because all the townhomes look the same. He came home and said he needed a win. So they gave him the space. His car barely fit and he couldn't get out because of the squeeze and all the other guys ran away. Schmidt said he needed to kiss Jessica to break the tension and they did and it was horrible.

Recap here: http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/02/20/new-girl-season-2-episode-17-recap-parking-spot/
NorthJersey's Avatar NorthJersey 10:51 AM 02-25-2013
thanks!
replayrob's Avatar replayrob 09:35 AM 02-27-2013
Last night's episode was a bit of a letdown from last week's, but not bad overall.

Cece's engaged- Schmidt didn't really seem to care, he was more upset about the party being ruined ?
skyehill's Avatar skyehill 03:58 PM 02-27-2013
Schmidt was clearly upset about Cece, not the party getting ruined. I thought it was another wonderful episode.
DrLar's Avatar DrLar 03:33 PM 03-20-2013
Well no follow up?

Everybody got injured somehow except Winston, I hope broken hearted Schmidt gets back to his senses (the poison from the jellyfish helped a bit)

I can't get this out of my head since it aired: I don't know about you guys but I found her sexier than ever, this TV show or movie
skyehill's Avatar skyehill 05:29 PM 03-20-2013
Probably the best comedy on TV at the moment. Loved it when Schmidt saw Nick's black eye and went nuts.
Mike4HDTV's Avatar Mike4HDTV 06:05 PM 03-20-2013
The hardware store scene with Nick was hilarious.
vfxproducer's Avatar vfxproducer 09:55 AM 03-21-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4HDTV View Post

The hardware store scene with Nick was hilarious.

The hardware store scene was indeed hilarious, but the whole show was. I'm quite certain I laughed more watching this episode than any previous one.
NickTheGreat's Avatar NickTheGreat 11:39 AM 03-21-2013
Our favorite was Winston asking if "would a #2 help at all?" eek.gif
DrLar's Avatar DrLar 02:06 PM 03-21-2013
Hahaha! yeah, but you can't go #2 w/o going #1 at the same time (the body finds liquid somehow)
spid's Avatar spid 10:15 AM 03-27-2013
Last night show was pretty slow until Schmdit and Winston did the trial run casket run. From then on it was one laugh out loud moment after the other. From Schmidt stopping the necklace theft, to Winston breaking down next to the casket, and even Nick's speach was emotional.

Great stuff.
vfxproducer's Avatar vfxproducer 11:16 AM 03-27-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post

Last night show was pretty slow until Schmdit and Winston did the trial run casket run. From then on it was one laugh out loud moment after the other. From Schmidt stopping the necklace theft, to Winston breaking down next to the casket, and even Nick's speach was emotional.

Great stuff.

Wow...Had the exact opposite reaction. My wife and I watched the episode and then remarked to each other how episodes with heavy themes like this ruin a comedy.
skyehill's Avatar skyehill 12:17 PM 03-27-2013
Thought it had some funny moments (Nick getting stuck in the balloons, Nick's mispronunciation of 'eulogy' Schmidt calling Winston a black butterfly and Winston telling him to start over), had some touching moments between Nick and Jess, and Winston and Schmidt, but overall I didn't enjoy the episode.
H8ter2's Avatar H8ter2 07:37 PM 03-27-2013
It's going to be interesting to see where the Jess/Nick relationship storyline goes because to me it seemed like once she did the Elvis thing, mom accepting and the look he gave her at the end that its going down that road of them being in a relationship, curious to see how that plays out in a show like this based on roomates.

OTherwise the episode was pretty good, not the best not the worst. I loved the rehearsal schmidt and Winston did, Jess saving the day was pretty predictable really I would give it a 6 out of 10 overall.
replayrob's Avatar replayrob 08:52 AM 03-28-2013
Nick's brother is a total wad.
Could there be someone actually that stupid in real life?
NorthJersey's Avatar NorthJersey 09:42 AM 03-28-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

Nick's brother is a total wad.
Could there be someone actually that stupid in real life?

it was great casting, the actor who played the brother looked just like Nick
MarioMania's Avatar MarioMania 04:48 PM 04-12-2013
I love watching New Girl
replayrob's Avatar replayrob 07:07 AM 04-13-2013

Winston: "I'm gonna beat your ass with an athletic stick boy!" tongue.gif
skyehill's Avatar skyehill 10:17 AM 04-13-2013
Dead dad pass.
dattier's Avatar dattier 12:42 PM 04-14-2013
How long is a dead dad pass good for?  My maternal grandfather died eighty-three years ago, and my mother is still trying to play that card.
daryl zero's Avatar daryl zero 01:31 PM 04-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dattier View Post

How long is a dead dad pass good for?  My maternal grandfather died eighty-three years ago, and my mother is still trying to play that card.

82 years.
dattier's Avatar dattier 04:50 PM 04-14-2013
Then hers has expired.  My own father's been gone only twenty-one years, so mine's still good.
replayrob's Avatar replayrob 11:16 AM 05-08-2013
No comments on the last two episodes?
Nick and Jess finally seal-the-deal, that's a pretty big plot advancement.
Cece's about to get married off.

What the heck was up with Winston's red pleather suit? Damn... that was fugly tongue.gif
DrLar's Avatar DrLar 02:06 PM 05-08-2013
IDK but Winston is a bit crazy

Fat Schmidt danced just like current Schmidt..
lobosrul's Avatar lobosrul 02:29 PM 05-08-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

No comments on the last two episodes?
Nick and Jess finally seal-the-deal, that's a pretty big plot advancement.
Cece's about to get married off.

What the heck was up with Winston's red pleather suit? Damn... that was fugly tongue.gif

The Scooby-Doo inspired "ruh-roh" at the very end of "Virgins" had me in absolute stitches. Surprised no one has commented yet.

I guess the leather (pleather?) was somehow related to the thing Eddie Murphy wore during a stand-up routine? I'm not exactly sure.
First ... 11  12  13 14  15  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop