"Ringer" on the CW - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-01-2012, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Agreed. They've been walking a tightrope without a safety net for a long time now. Its hard to believe they can maintain the level they are at I'm amazed they've done it as long as they have.One of the joys for me is how they always seem on the verge of jumping the shark, and then somehow get away with it. One of these times they won't, and the longer it runs the more likely its going to happen. Until then though...

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 57
They are adding enough twists and additional melodramatic "noise" to keep it going for some time, even after the big who-is-who reveal. It looks like it wil not be renewed. Too bad. If CBS had originally picked it up, we would probably not be having this conversation.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
Old 03-06-2012, 06:10 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 106
^^^ Meaning what? They would have canceled it?

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

Old 03-06-2012, 06:13 PM
AVS Club Gold

One of my sources posted the remaining titles for the season. So, here is the complete first season title listing, with air date:

0001: Pilot 9/13/2011
0002: She's Ruining Everything 9/20/2011
0003: If You Ever Want a French Lesson... 9/27/2011
0004: It's Gonna Kill Me, But I'll Do It 10/4/2011
0005: A Whole New Kind Of Bitch 10/11/2011
0006: The Poor Kids Do It Every Day 10/18/2011
0007: Oh Gawd, There’s Two Of Them? 11/1/2011
0008: Maybe We Can Get A Dog Instead? 11/8/2011
0009: Shut Up And Eat Your Bologna 11/15/2011
0010: That’s What You Get For Trying To Kill Me 11/29/2011
0011: It Just Got Normal 1/31/2012
0012: What Are You Doing Here, Ho-Bag? 2/7/2012
0013: It’s Easy To Cry, When This Much Cash Is Involved 2/14/2012
0014: Whores Don't Make That Much 2/21/2012
0015: P.S. You’re An Idiot 2/28/2012
0016: You’re Way Too Pretty To Go To Jail 3/6/2012
0017: What We Have Is Worth The Pain 3/13/2012
0018: That Woman’s Never Been A Victim Her Entire Life 3/20/2012
0019: Let’s Kill Bridget 3/27/2012
0020: If You’re Just An Evil Bitch Then Get Over It 4/3/2012
0021: It’s Called Improvising, Bitch! 4/10/2012
0022: I’m The Good Twin 4/17/2012

"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

Old 03-07-2012, 12:18 AM
AVS Club Gold

Another good episode.

As a teaser for next week's episode, here is the 30 sec promo and the 2:19 preview clip, both in HD.

Mr. Video
My Geek Images

Old 03-07-2012, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

The title of the last episode is interesting. The way everything never turns out the way it looks I'm wondering if thats going to be Siobhan saying that? Don't know how they could turn everything upside down like that but with this show...

The only thing I know for sure is I'm going to really miss Ringer when its gone.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:44 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

The only thing I know for sure is I'm going to really miss Ringer when its gone.

You and me both. If there is a 2nd season, what could they do next after all of the loose ends from this season are tied up?

Mr. Video
My Geek Images

Old 03-08-2012, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 125
I try now to figure out at what point and which character will say the line that is the name of that week's episode. I'm actually not that good usually of figuring out who/when before it happens.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
Old 03-08-2012, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

...The only thing I know for sure is I'm going to really miss Ringer when its gone.

+1 I too will miss it.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
Old 03-09-2012, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

I try now to figure out at what point and which character will say the line that is the name of that week's episode. I'm actually not that good usually of figuring out who/when before it happens.

Well, I'm already on record for who will say the title of the last episode As for at what point, I'll hazard a guess it will be the last line of the episode, and the season.(and sadly, most likely the last line of the series)

Anybody else? This could be fun...too bad they only say the title once, could be a great drinking game

Old 03-09-2012, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

I don't think either of them are particularly "good". In fact, is ANYONE on this show "good"?

Luke

Old 03-09-2012, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Malcolm? So far we haven't seen a dark side...maybe the FBI guy

Old 03-09-2012, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Malcolm? So far we haven't seen a dark side...maybe the FBI guy

Good, okay, I'll give you Malcom, but not Machado. He doesn't care about Bridget in the least, he only cares for revenge against Bodaway, and be doesn't care who or what he has to lie to or burn in order to get to him.

By the way, a absolutely great line in the last episode. When SMG came up to Nestor Carbonell in the club and said, "Has anyone told you that you have the most expressive|interesting|fascinating eyes?" And he repled, "a few times." (I don't remember the exact word she used.)

Luke

Old 03-13-2012, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Okay, time to play...tonights title will be said by...Siobhan.

Old 03-13-2012, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Okay, time to play...tonights title will be said by...Siobhan.

Who will she be saying it to?

I actually have been distracted and haven't tried to guess about tonight's episode yet. I may actually get to watch this live for a change since NCIS is on a repeat cycle and I will be home for a change.

Old 03-13-2012, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Who will she be saying it to?

I actually have been distracted and haven't tried to guess about tonight's episode yet. I may actually get to watch this live for a change since NCIS is on a repeat cycle and I will be home for a change.

Andrew. I'm going to cheat though and change my guess to Sarah

Old 03-13-2012, 10:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Come on, let's hear those thoughts about the final scene.

I don't know if i believe SMG about having 3 seasons of stories. This looks like it's wrapping up fast like Dollhouse.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydigi View Post

Come on, let's hear those thoughts about the final scene.

wow.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Well, I had it backwards My favorite show of the series so far. With all the over the top storylines I didn't fully realize how invested I had become in the characters until this one. I'm amazed by how much I care what happens to them. And the twists! Almost thinking Siobhan was sympathetic until she reveals her total bitchiness...Andrew clearly a psycho killer until he shows his love puppy inner self...So who did the shooting? The obvious choice is Siobhan, doing backup in case Andrew doesn't act how she planned...but how did she know to be there? Somehow got hold of Malcolm's phone? Or maybe Malcolm, but his motive seems a little vague. Maybe he went bonkers after Siobhan's smackdown when she was pretending to be Bridget? I've got this nagging feeling I'm forgetting something/someone, but for the life of me I can't put my finger on it.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

I haven't watched yet... turned out the NCAA tourney games were way more intriguing than I thought they would be last night... so Ringer is on my DVR waiting to be watched.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Where did Malcolm go? What did Andrew do? Who was Olivia talking to on the phone?

Siobhan "seemed" to be in Paris when the guy was shot last week, but maybe she wasn't.

Part of me is waiting for it to be revealed that Olivia is in on things with Siobhan and that is who she was talking to... it would fit the twist that they like to do.

Also thinking Juliet didn't run into that guy by accident... but not because he wanted to... am thinking that mom paid him to harass her own daughter to draw her closer since Juliet seemed to be liking Siobhan (Bridgett).

Things just keep getting curiouser and curiouser.

Am also half thinking that the chauffeur/bodyguard might have done the shooting at Siobhan's request... but they left it kind of ambiguous.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Where did Malcolm go? What did Andrew do? Who was Olivia talking to on the phone?

Siobhan "seemed" to be in Paris when the guy was shot last week, but maybe she wasn't.

Part of me is waiting for it to be revealed that Olivia is in on things with Siobhan and that is who she was talking to... it would fit the twist that they like to do.

Also thinking Juliet didn't run into that guy by accident... but not because he wanted to... am thinking that mom paid him to harass her own daughter to draw her closer since Juliet seemed to be liking Siobhan (Bridgett).

Things just keep getting curiouser and curiouser.

Am also half thinking that the chauffeur/bodyguard might have done the shooting at Siobhan's request... but they left it kind of ambiguous.

Early in the ep. Siobhan called Harry from Paris. Must have flown back to Ny shortly after.I also have my suspicions about the chauffeur, but an Olivia-Siobhan connection hadn't occurred to me...still think I'm missing something that is really obvious.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Early in the ep. Siobhan called Harry from Paris. Must have flown back to Ny shortly after.

I thought I remembered them showing she was still in Paris during that earlier phone call... but I wasn't sure if she was really in Paris or if it was a misdirect. To be honest, I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have been at that point so I missed if they put the usual text on the screen to indicate she was in Paris.

Quote:

I also have my suspicions about the chauffeur, but an Olivia-Siobhan connection hadn't occurred to me...

The chauffeur became suspicious once he let on that he knew she wasn't Siobhan the whole time... logically, it doesn't make sense for him to keep quiet all of that time plus did he even know Siobhan had a twin? I guess he could be a good guy, but this show has set the precedent that nobody keeps quiet about anything for any good reason... always an ulterior motive in play.

When Olivia was talking on the phone, it seemed like she was talking to someone who was running things... and I guess my mind just wandered to the twist on things where it would be revealed that she and Siobhan had an affair instead of her and Andrew like it seems like they were insinuating early in the series.

I find myself trying to think of the off-the-wall twists now that this show has proven it isn't afraid to throw curves.

Quote:

still think I'm missing something that is really obvious.

Agree. There is so much going on... I am certain that there is something right in front of us that when it comes to light I will smack my head and say "why didn't I see that coming!"

Old 03-15-2012, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Olivia and Siobhan together is an interesting idea. Would that mean she's been aware of the switch from the beginning then?

Old 03-15-2012, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

It seems almost certain that this will not have a second season.

When it DOES end, the DVD set of these will make great mini-series--um, that is assuming that they actually give the show a proper ending and not just stop somewhere in the middle of the story. I am liking this more and more each week. I just don't understand the poor ratings.

Luke

Old 03-15-2012, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Olivia and Siobhan together is an interesting idea. Would that mean she's been aware of the switch from the beginning then?

I could go either way... The way they play people in this show, she could have been in on the switch (much like Henry now is and yet he is behaving to Bridgett as if he is not)... Siobhan could also be playing her, though, like she plays everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post

When it DOES end, the DVD set of these will make great mini-series--um, that is assuming that they actually give the show a proper ending and not just stop somewhere in the middle of the story. I am liking this more and more each week. I just don't understand the poor ratings.

I know. The folks that like the unscripted "reality" shows should actually like the wackiness in the plot of a show like this... Anybody who likes Jersey Shore, for example, should like this show one would think. There should be a good crowd of daytime soap fans too... and shows like Dallas back in the day proved there was a market for nighttime soaps.

I get this not being the top of the heap, but am surprised more people haven't figured this show out.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I get this not being the top of the heap, but am surprised more people haven't figured this show out.

It's well crafted for what it is, and it doesn't pretend to be something it's not. It is reasonably acted. I would expect it to have ratings bettrer than absymal, which I think is what they are.

Luke

Old 03-17-2012, 12:05 AM
AVS Club Gold

Siobahn is still lying to Henry because he still believes the kids are his, knowing full well that the kids are Andrew's.

Mr. Video
My Geek Images

Old 03-17-2012, 12:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post

Siobahn is still lying to Henry because he still believes the kids are his, knowing full well that the kids are Andrew's.

Do we really know the kids are Andrew's? I honestly wouldn't be surprised if someone else is the father... heck, maybe even the chauffeur!

Old 03-17-2012, 12:16 AM
AVS Club Gold

Yes. When she visited the new Paris doctor, he told here age of the twin fetus, older than what the first doctor said. Putting the conception with Andrew, not Henry.

Mr. Video
My Geek Images