AVS Forum banner

"Ringer" on the CW

19K views 272 replies 44 participants last post by  Fastslappy 
#1 ·
I didn't see a thread about this new series that started tonight. I apologize if one exists already.

I thought the pilot was quite interesting. Looks like the plot could get intricate, but I am a sucker for serialized shows, so that's just how I like it. Buffy still looks good it seems too
. I will be watching for sure. Anyone else?

See less See more
#180 ·
I like this show... but honestly, given the premise it seems like a 2-season show at most.

IF they drag it out, they could go farther but would we care? And at the pace they keep upping the ante and moving the plot and adding the next twist... it would be insane to not have the two SMGs run into each other and have the whole thing implode.

So... I hope it ends with a conclusion... and I wouldn't mind a second season... but I have to think this is a 1-2 season show at most given the big theme of the story.

#181 ·
Agreed. They've been walking a tightrope without a safety net for a long time now. Its hard to believe they can maintain the level they are at I'm amazed they've done it as long as they have.One of the joys for me is how they always seem on the verge of jumping the shark, and then somehow get away with it. One of these times they won't, and the longer it runs the more likely its going to happen. Until then though...

#182 ·
They are adding enough twists and additional melodramatic "noise" to keep it going for some time, even after the big who-is-who reveal. It looks like it wil not be renewed. Too bad. If CBS had originally picked it up, we would probably not be having this conversation.

#184 ·
One of my sources posted the remaining titles for the season. So, here is the complete first season title listing, with air date:

0001: Pilot 9/13/2011

0002: She's Ruining Everything 9/20/2011

0003: If You Ever Want a French Lesson... 9/27/2011

0004: It's Gonna Kill Me, But I'll Do It 10/4/2011

0005: A Whole New Kind Of ***** 10/11/2011

0006: The Poor Kids Do It Every Day 10/18/2011

0007: Oh Gawd, There’s Two Of Them? 11/1/2011

0008: Maybe We Can Get A Dog Instead? 11/8/2011

0009: Shut Up And Eat Your Bologna 11/15/2011

0010: That’s What You Get For Trying To Kill Me 11/29/2011

0011: It Just Got Normal 1/31/2012

0012: What Are You Doing Here, Ho-Bag? 2/7/2012

0013: It’s Easy To Cry, When This Much Cash Is Involved 2/14/2012

0014: Whores Don't Make That Much 2/21/2012

0015: P.S. You’re An Idiot 2/28/2012

0016: You’re Way Too Pretty To Go To Jail 3/6/2012

0017: What We Have Is Worth The Pain 3/13/2012

0018: That Woman’s Never Been A Victim Her Entire Life 3/20/2012

0019: Let’s Kill Bridget 3/27/2012

0020: If You’re Just An Evil ***** Then Get Over It 4/3/2012

0021: It’s Called Improvising, *****! 4/10/2012

0022: I’m The Good Twin 4/17/2012

#185 ·
#186 ·
The title of the last episode is interesting. The way everything never turns out the way it looks I'm wondering if thats going to be Siobhan saying that? Don't know how they could turn everything upside down like that but with this show...

The only thing I know for sure is I'm going to really miss Ringer when its gone.

#187 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 /forum/post/21747010

The only thing I know for sure is I'm going to really miss Ringer when its gone.

You and me both. If there is a 2nd season, what could they do next after all of the loose ends from this season are tied up?

#189 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 /forum/post/21747010

...The only thing I know for sure is I'm going to really miss Ringer when its gone.

+1 I too will miss it.

#190 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 /forum/post/21752584

I try now to figure out at what point and which character will say the line that is the name of that week's episode. I'm actually not that good usually of figuring out who/when before it happens.

Well, I'm already on record for who will say the title of the last episode
As for at what point, I'll hazard a guess it will be the last line of the episode, and the season.(and sadly, most likely the last line of the series
)

Anybody else? This could be fun...too bad they only say the title once, could be a great drinking game

#191 ·
I don't think either of them are particularly "good". In fact, is ANYONE on this show "good"?

#193 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 /forum/post/21756876

Malcolm? So far we haven't seen a dark side...maybe the FBI guy

Good, okay, I'll give you Malcom, but not Machado. He doesn't care about Bridget in the least, he only cares for revenge against Bodaway, and be doesn't care who or what he has to lie to or burn in order to get to him.

By the way, a absolutely great line in the last episode. When SMG came up to Nestor Carbonell in the club and said, "Has anyone told you that you have the most expressive|interesting|fascinating eyes?" And he repled, "a few times."
(I don't remember the exact word she used.)

#195 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 /forum/post/21772305

Okay, time to play...tonights title will be said by...Siobhan.

Who will she be saying it to?

I actually have been distracted and haven't tried to guess about tonight's episode yet. I may actually get to watch this live for a change since NCIS is on a repeat cycle and I will be home for a change.

#196 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 /forum/post/21772532

Who will she be saying it to?

I actually have been distracted and haven't tried to guess about tonight's episode yet. I may actually get to watch this live for a change since NCIS is on a repeat cycle and I will be home for a change.

Andrew. I'm going to cheat though and change my guess to Sarah

#199 ·
Well, I had it backwards
My favorite show of the series so far. With all the over the top storylines I didn't fully realize how invested I had become in the characters until this one. I'm amazed by how much I care what happens to them. And the twists! Almost thinking Siobhan was sympathetic until she reveals her total bitchiness...Andrew clearly a psycho killer until he shows his love puppy inner self...So who did the shooting? The obvious choice is Siobhan, doing backup in case Andrew doesn't act how she planned...but how did she know to be there? Somehow got hold of Malcolm's phone? Or maybe Malcolm, but his motive seems a little vague. Maybe he went bonkers after Siobhan's smackdown when she was pretending to be Bridget? I've got this nagging feeling I'm forgetting something/someone, but for the life of me I can't put my finger on it.

#201 ·
Where did Malcolm go? What did Andrew do? Who was Olivia talking to on the phone?

Siobhan "seemed" to be in Paris when the guy was shot last week, but maybe she wasn't.

Part of me is waiting for it to be revealed that Olivia is in on things with Siobhan and that is who she was talking to... it would fit the twist that they like to do.

Also thinking Juliet didn't run into that guy by accident... but not because he wanted to... am thinking that mom paid him to harass her own daughter to draw her closer since Juliet seemed to be liking Siobhan (Bridgett).

Things just keep getting curiouser and curiouser.

Am also half thinking that the chauffeur/bodyguard might have done the shooting at Siobhan's request... but they left it kind of ambiguous.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.