"2 Broke Girls" on CBS HD - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 600 Old 02-20-2013, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 85
I thought the naked Barbie & Ken dolls having sex with the puppet was really funny. The doll's owner was freaking out!

One constant on 2 Broke Girls... they hate hipsters tongue.gif

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 600 Old 02-20-2013, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 74
They don't hate them that much, they;ll take their money anytime!

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #363 of 600 Old 02-21-2013, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

The overall show wasnt good, but that scene with the naked Barbie & Ken dolls having sex with the puppet had me rolling on the floor laughing. Totally outrageous!!!!

That was really funny. I wonder how hard to was to keep from laughing on set. They were smirking a little bit, you could tell
yankeeman likes this.
post #364 of 600 Old 02-25-2013, 10:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Last episode with that Dick was bad... Now they are trying to make Han more annoying by turning him into a hipster douche... wonderful.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
post #365 of 600 Old 02-26-2013, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post

Last episode with that Dick was bad... Now they are trying to make Han more annoying by turning him into a hipster douche... wonderful.
Please don't hold back your feelings smile.gif

Pretty lame having a car crash through the shop- we never got to see that side of the shop before- and suddenly it's a huge glass storefront to the street? Lazy writing....

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...."

post #366 of 600 Old 02-27-2013, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

Pretty lame having a car crash through the shop- we never got to see that side of the shop before- and suddenly it's a huge glass storefront to the street? Lazy writing....
I was actually thinking that just before the crash. They briefly show Caroline from that angle, and at first I thought it was a greenscreen mistake. We had never been shown that angle of the shop ever. Of course, 30 seconds later I realized why.

~Tighr: Not helping the situation since 1983

post #367 of 600 Old 02-27-2013, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Me neither. I always thought the shop was in some sort of internal building. We'd seen the area between their shop and the candy store, and I didn't think it was a street eek.gif
post #368 of 600 Old 02-27-2013, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
lame ending

and why did the total go down to $1? i thought they landed $25k?
post #369 of 600 Old 02-27-2013, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphtrilogy View Post

lame ending

and why did the total go down to $1? i thought they landed $25k?
Sophie loaned them start-up money, don't remember if it was the full $25k, but I think they owed others too...

post #370 of 600 Old 02-28-2013, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post

Me neither. I always thought the shop was in some sort of internal building. We'd seen the area between their shop and the candy store, and I didn't think it was a street eek.gif
I had thought it was on the basement level of the building (getting foot traffic because the building included a subway station entrance), and in fact, all indications had been that the entrance to their level was in the opposite direction (to your left if you're looking from the interior of the shop toward the corridor).  There might have been rear access behind the shop for deliveries or garbage removal, but suddenly having a street-level picture window to the right was a massive discontinuity.
Quote:

Sophie loaned them start-up money, don't remember if it was the full $25k, but I think they owed others too...
At the beginning of the episode they were looking an eviction notice because of their rent arrears.  The buyers knew about that and the contract would have counted paying off the rent toward the $25K, so they'd have collected less than that in cash.

But in suggesting such a thing I'm trying to apply logic to an episode where the shop suddenly rises one floor and gets a picture window (with no door) onto a streetfront.  It's the corny old joke: how could the cupcake shop be on the first floor when it used to be in the basement?  (1, 2, 3, all together now) That's another story.

post #371 of 600 Old 02-28-2013, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dattier View Post

But in suggesting such a thing I'm trying to apply logic to an episode where the shop suddenly rises one floor and gets a picture window (with no door) onto a streetfront. 
Not only a picture window to a streetfront, but to a CORNER shop (ignoring the kitchen, another discontinuity with the picture window). Despite a gruesome bloodbath in a soup kitchen, the rent on a first level corner shop should have been astronomical.

The fact that after two seasons they are back at $1 to me almost means this show has jumped the shark. Not to mention the original goal they were supposed to have reached was $250,000, and they never got anywhere close to that before opening the shop.

post #372 of 600 Old 02-28-2013, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

... and no direct entrance in the street frontage either.  That window had more holes in it before the crash than after.
post #373 of 600 Old 02-28-2013, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tighr View Post

The fact that after two seasons they are back at $1 to me almost means this show has jumped the shark
It's a cheap 21min comedy- jumping the shark is expected to move the show along...smile.gif

Remember most of the 1/2 hour comedy's from back in the 60,s and 70's... the family got a new dog (remember Ralph getting like four or five dogs from the pound on The Honeymooners) and you'd never see it again? Or they'd get a new car and you'd never see it again, or just about anything else- it's there for one episode then gone the next. It's just how these shows work....

post #374 of 600 Old 02-28-2013, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

It's a cheap 21min comedy- jumping the shark is expected to move the show along...smile.gif

Remember most of the 1/2 hour comedy's from back in the 60,s and 70's... the family got a new dog (remember Ralph getting like four or five dogs from the pound on The Honeymooners) and you'd never see it again? Or they'd get a new car and you'd never see it again, or just about anything else- it's there for one episode then gone the next. It's just how these shows work....

You have a different definition of "jumping the shark" than what I have ever heard.

To me, jumping the shark is is something that is expected supposed to add interest to a show that is running out of ideas to keep it going but fails and just indicates that the show is in its demise.
post #375 of 600 Old 03-02-2013, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzen102 View Post

You have a different definition of "jumping the shark" than what I have ever heard.

To me, jumping the shark is is something that is expected supposed to add interest to a show that is running out of ideas to keep it going but fails and just indicates that the show is in its demise.

Indeed! Most of you are likely too young to have seen the original reference in its original airing (leather jacket and all):

post #376 of 600 Old 03-02-2013, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Lazy writing....

While I absolutely agree, the writing for this show has always been one joke set up to the next. Some hit and some miss. The car was simply the punch line to the whole "I like those odds" of not having insurance.

With that being said, I think the show has gotten much worse in having obnoxious characters. Yes, Olig and Sophie had always been obnoxious, but now they are making Han an obnoxious hipster, instead of a late trend follower. Caroline has taken a really obnoxious turn as well. Which in itself wouldnt be that bad, but Beth has lousy comedic timing for those more goofy jokes. Max has always been Max. Other than Earl, she is the only character that has not changed.

I really think the move to 9/8c was not good for the show. The biggest difference at teh beginning of the season was the jokes were a lot more blue and edgy. I think that made a lazy writing staff even more lazy. Why write plot, when we can toss in another rape joke?

2 Broke Girls has gone from a guilty pleasure for me to background noise while making dinner.

My DVD Collection
GO CHIEFS, WILDCATS, SUNS, DIAMONDBACKS, COYOTES, RATTLERS, AND LUMBERJACKS!
"Asking if an HDTV is too big, is like me asking you if the diamond on your wedding ring is too big." -- My dad's response to my mom's question about my 65" HDTV.
post #377 of 600 Old 03-02-2013, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't like how Caroline continues to wear that necklace. No reason, other than it just really bothers me.

post #378 of 600 Old 03-02-2013, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What has happened has seemed to put this show in a different direction.

I have the Season 1 Blu Ray and have KEPT all the season 2 shows on my DVR.

I will probobly get the season 2 BLU RAY as well.
post #379 of 600 Old 03-02-2013, 07:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

i still say it was a gift. To quote her "just keep the cupcakes coming" Actually it was $19989 or so They still had to pay for Sophie's dinner.
post #380 of 600 Old 03-04-2013, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitchatjf View Post

i still say it was a gift. To quote her "just keep the cupcakes coming" Actually it was $19989 or so They still had to pay for Sophie's dinner.

You are right, it WAS a gift -- otherwise their weekly totals should have showed something like -$23,800 -- and they didn't.

I found it interesting you didn't hear ONE CUSTOMER at the cupcake store raving about how AMAAAAAZING Kat's cupcakes (literally -- not figuratively) are. Good luck selling normal everyday cupcakes at astronomical prices to keep a shop afloat.
post #381 of 600 Old 03-04-2013, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You are right, it WAS a gift -- otherwise their weekly totals should have showed something like -$23,800 -- and they didn't.

I found it interesting you didn't hear ONE CUSTOMER at the cupcake store raving about how AMAAAAAZING Kat's cupcakes (literally -- not figuratively) are. Good luck selling normal everyday cupcakes at astronomical prices to keep a shop afloat.

There's a cupcake place at our Farmers' Market that sells normal cupcakes for like $4. Look like cake mix to me eek.gifrolleyes.gif
post #382 of 600 Old 03-04-2013, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

There's a cupcake place at our Farmers' Market that sells normal cupcakes for like $4. Look like cake mix to me eek.gifrolleyes.gif

I believe Kat's sell for $8.50 +
post #383 of 600 Old 03-05-2013, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I believe Kat's sell for $8.50 +
I believe that this series makes no attempt to be consistent between episodes nor with reality, and that we should just laugh at (not with) King and Cummings for the discontinuities.  If you want to figure out ways to reconcile them for amusement, fine, but you aren't going to be coming up with the actual explanation.  The only actual explanation is that the producers didn't notice, didn't care, and didn't realize anyone would notice.
post #384 of 600 Old 03-05-2013, 10:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Just watched Kat in a 2010 movie, "Daydream Nation". Seemed a bit of a stretch, she was playing a high school student. In 2010 she would ave been 24, and she really can't pass for younger as some 20 something actors can. Anyway it's on Netflix, and is a weird little film.
post #385 of 600 Old 03-06-2013, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post

Just watched Kat in a 2010 movie, "Daydream Nation". Seemed a bit of a stretch, she was playing a high school student. In 2010 she would ave been 24, and she really can't pass for younger as some 20 something actors can. Anyway it's on Netflix, and is a weird little film.
I watched it a few months back, overall it was nice seeing Kat not playing a waitress...

post #386 of 600 Old 03-06-2013, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dattier View Post

I believe that this series makes no attempt to be consistent between episodes nor with reality, and that we should just laugh at (not with) King and Cummings for the discontinuities. 

Huh. I thought the main plot of the series was 2 broke girls trying to become unbroken and tracking their business venture(s) to become unbroke.

...interesting that they post their total of their cupcake venture at the end of each episode if they are attempting no consistency between the episodes.
post #387 of 600 Old 03-06-2013, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Since the *changes* in the total are usually inconsistent with the events of the episode (the change may reflect one thing that happened during that episode and ignore everything else, or it may simply be unexplained), they are not evidence of any attempt at consistency or realism.

The show exist for the innuendo and provides lots of it.
post #388 of 600 Old 03-11-2013, 06:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

I've had a LOT of those bad $4 cupcakes. I've even had a few that taste worse than Duncan Hines.

A few people with limited palates tell someone that he or she bakes good cupcakes, and another bad cupcake shop gets born.

Max's cupcakes remind me slightly of Sprinkles with the spread frosting rather than the more common piped frosting.
post #389 of 600 Old 03-13-2013, 07:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 74
I thought for a second that the Secretary was Lady Gaga, but cleaner, neater looking (and younger) and they called her Stephanie (Gaga's real name) but that was Laura Clery

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #390 of 600 Old 03-13-2013, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Maybe a producer also thought that Clery resembled Gaga and that's the reason her character was named Stephanie?
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page