"2 Broke Girls" on CBS HD - Page 16 - AVS Forum
First ... 14  15  16 17  18  ... Last
HDTV Programming > "2 Broke Girls" on CBS HD
tighr's Avatar tighr 07:53 PM 05-15-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dattier View Post

Next season Han will probably let Max and Caroline sell cupcakes there without charging them for using the space.  [In a logical universe his own lease may forbid him from subleasing the space to another business, but nothing would prevent a restaurant from selling cupcakes, so he could let them sell cupcakes at the window as an extension of the diner's operations, under whatever royalty arrangement they agree on.]
He already lets them sell cupcakes in the diner, so probably no biggie there.

It is completely unrealastic that he didn't know that room was there.

dattier's Avatar dattier 09:40 PM 05-15-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tighr View Post

He already lets them sell cupcakes in the diner, so probably no biggie there.
In a logical universe, there would be a difference: selling cupcakes inside the diner doesn't take them away from serving his customers, while selling cupcakes in a separate room does.  Also, in a logical universe, he'd be getting a cut from the cupcake sales in the diner (or he'd be buying them from Max and retailing them to customers, but we're supposed to believe that the cupcakes are sold separately).

And with that, "2 Broke Girls" has taken more of my thought time for today than it deserves.
DrLar's Avatar DrLar 07:21 AM 05-16-2013
Well they sold the cupcakes in the other store in the morning and worked nights at the diner, so now they'll be all day at the diner
dattier's Avatar dattier 08:42 AM 05-16-2013
However it turns out, we can be sure that the outcome will be unrealistic, inconsistent, and loaded with references to body parts and bodily functions.  The important things are Dennings's breasts.
tighr's Avatar tighr 12:00 PM 05-16-2013
I'm not worried about things like "logic" with this show, because I don't expect it to be logical. For example, logically Caroline and Max (and Oleg, for that matter) can't be the only employees at this diner, that makes no sense. They'd be there all day every day seven days a week, and we see them go out of town for weekends and stuff like that. Is the diner just closed?

But unrealistic for me is that Han literally did not know of the existence of another room in his lease. That's beyond logic.
blitzen102's Avatar blitzen102 12:28 PM 05-16-2013
Being FUNNY would be a great start toward improving this show.
dattier's Avatar dattier 04:51 PM 05-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tighr View Post

I'm not worried about things like "logic" with this show,
None of us are.  Sometimes it's diverting to point out the particulars of the discontinuities and inconsistencies, though.
Quote:
For example, logically Caroline and Max (and Oleg, for that matter) can't be the only employees at this diner, that makes no sense.
You forgot Earl.
Vipfreak's Avatar Vipfreak 12:09 AM 05-17-2013
They had a chance to quietly boot Sophies fat ass off the show and what do they do... Let her fat face shout even louder and break stuff... Great.

The horse has a tail...
DrLar's Avatar DrLar 06:47 AM 05-17-2013
Horse>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sophie
NickTheGreat's Avatar NickTheGreat 08:33 AM 05-17-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post

They had a chance to quietly boot Sophies fat ass off the show and what do they do... Let her fat face shout even louder and break stuff... Great.

The horse has a tail...

I've never minded Sophie in small doses but I'm done with her. mad.gif
dattier's Avatar dattier 10:10 AM 05-17-2013
IMO Sophie is Coolidge's most obnoxious character since "A Cinderella Story."
spid's Avatar spid 11:49 AM 05-17-2013
Shrug, I do not understand the Sophie hate. I think she is one of the few funny things about the show.
Knicks_Fan's Avatar Knicks_Fan 11:55 AM 05-17-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Horse>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sophie
Which is an insult to "Chestnut"
replayrob's Avatar replayrob 12:38 PM 05-17-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks_Fan View Post

Yeah, he's my second favorite character on the show smile.gif
tighr's Avatar tighr 03:01 PM 05-17-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post

Shrug, I do not understand the Sophie hate. I think she is one of the few funny things about the show.
Politely disagree.

But if I were Sophie, I'd barge into your apartment, eat your food, and break your things without apologizing.

She's only slightly less insufferable than Caroline, who continues to sabotage Max's attempts at meeting guys, getting a job, or generally being successful at anything (likely out of jealousy and sense of superiority from her higher-class upbringings).
DrLar's Avatar DrLar 03:41 PM 05-17-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks_Fan View Post

I meant Horse (chestnut) is waaaaay better than Sophie as a character in the show
chitchatjf's Avatar chitchatjf 09:34 PM 09-23-2013
Season 3 is up and running

Still disappointed at no season 2 blu ray
DrLar's Avatar DrLar 07:09 AM 09-24-2013
Lots and lots of "dirty" jokes, they still get away with it..
hooked01's Avatar hooked01 07:56 AM 09-24-2013
Quote:

Lots and lots of "dirty" jokes, they still get away with it..

And the bum urinating on Caroline. Isn't that some sort of major taboo?
yankeeman's Avatar yankeeman 09:58 AM 09-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

And the bum urinating on Caroline. Isn't that some sort of major taboo?

Yeah, that was really somethiing! And they really did have some really risque lines.

Overall though i thought this was NOT one of their better efforts.

And the one scene where Caroline got out of bed in those incredible short pj shorts, they only showed her legs for about 2 seconds. bummer, sexy as hell.
DrLar's Avatar DrLar 12:09 PM 09-24-2013
I love Caroline's legs and Max's top, if we only could combine both.. LOL
jjeff's Avatar jjeff 01:08 PM 09-24-2013
Quote:

I love Caroline's legs and Max's top, if we only could combine both.. LOL
Don't forget Caroline's backside, I know I don't biggrin.gif
This show is so bad it's good, still can't believe the things they get away with eek.gif Oleg plays the sleaze ball so good he has me in stitches(how many times can he say HARD in one program).....I hope they limit Sophie's scenes this season, a little Sophie goes a loooonnnngggg way!
spid's Avatar spid 06:16 AM 09-25-2013
I have to admit while I still find large parts of the show not funny I laughed a lot at certain parts of the show. I really wish they would drop the Max insulting herself every 10 minutes. It is getting old, and it still is not funny.
JA Fant's Avatar JA Fant 06:45 AM 09-25-2013
Great show, as it has a sense of humor. And yes, dirty jokes as well.
NickTheGreat's Avatar NickTheGreat 08:56 AM 09-26-2013
I like the show for the innuendo and dirty jokes. And I liked the amount of Sophie. As in, very little
dattier's Avatar dattier 10:25 AM 09-26-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post

And I liked the amount of Sophie. As in, very little
Agreed.  Jennifer Coolidge has been typcast for characters that capitalize on her physical size and the attention that directors expect it to pull as if attention were a mass subject to gravitation.  Sophie Kachinsky is not among the exceptions.

It wouldn't surprise me if Coolidge herself would find it a relief to play someone who didn't have to be loud and showy every moment of her screentime, but for most of her career, over-the-top roles have paid her bills.
Vipfreak's Avatar Vipfreak 04:45 AM 09-27-2013
#bangheadupsidethewall Someone please kill Sophie! PLEASE!
FOPA's Avatar FOPA 06:40 AM 09-27-2013
How did this show get renewed? Who watches it? When I saw it was on for another season, my wife and I thought, OK, let's check it out. Writing is awful and I cannot really call it acting. They say their lines and that is it. Really terrible. We lasted 10 minutes. I think Garrett Morris was actually the only one who wasn't a stiff. And yes, I do get sarcasm, but didn't believe it could be an entire characters' and show's dialogue.
Charles R's Avatar Charles R 11:13 AM 09-27-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOPA View Post

They say their lines and that is it.

By design. It's a parody of sitcoms. If you take it any other way you'll be sadly mistaken. :) 

DrLar's Avatar DrLar 02:18 PM 10-01-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

Don't forget Caroline's backside, I know I don't biggrin.gif
This show is so bad it's good, still can't believe the things they get away with eek.gif Oleg plays the sleaze ball so good he has me in stitches(how many times can he say HARD in one program).....I hope they limit Sophie's scenes this season, a little Sophie goes a loooonnnngggg way!

Well Caroline's backside was featured most of the episode last night, yeah she still has it and wears those new pants very well

Wanting to staple those old pants myself, ehem...
First ... 14  15  16 17  18  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop