post #271 of 334 Old 05-24-2012, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint350 View Post

They showed Victoria starting up the steps to enter the jet, but no true evidence that she actually remained. I could easily see her having turned around at the last moment, having re-considered what her testimony would do. Especially after she saw Lydia board ahead of her. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

I'm thinking that SHE was thinking about the implications of what her ex-husband had said, and realized that he wasn't talking about her testimony, but literally, it would be the last thing she ever did. If she didn't get on that plane, it wouldn't be because of concern for Conrad, or the children, OR the business, but self preservation.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 334 Old 05-24-2012, 04:22 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I usually pay better attention and may have missed something. Are we being led to believe that the plane was sabotaged?

Mikey Mo
"Survived Charley, Frances & Ivan. But Jeanne got me."
Anxiously Awaiting 2014 Hurricane Season.
"OAR OR DIE"
They killed the SACD. Bring it back.

post #273 of 334 Old 05-24-2012, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey mo View Post

I usually pay better attention and may have missed something. Are we being led to believe that the plane was sabotaged?

Yep - the white hair guy did it!
post #274 of 334 Old 05-24-2012, 04:56 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post

Yep - the white hair guy did it!

Yes, it was Bill Buchanan, er, the white haired man!

ron
post #275 of 334 Old 05-24-2012, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:

They showed Victoria starting up the steps to enter the jet, but no true evidence that she actually remained. I could easily see her having turned around at the last moment, having re-considered what her testimony would do. Especially after she saw Lydia board ahead of her. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

Well this is a major soap opera so that would be the standard way it would be handled. I was telling my wife as Emily was outside the bar looking to get with Jack that there was no way that she would get a happy ending with Jack because these shows don't do this. They always let them get close and then pull the carpet out from under. And, tadah!

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #276 of 334 Old 05-24-2012, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey mo View Post

Yup, the white haired guy was shown removing the blocks from the wheels before it took off.

I knew the plane was doomed as soon as I found out they were all supposed to be on it
post #277 of 334 Old 05-25-2012, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by R11 View Post

Yes, that could be a distinct possibility. It did seem like they had her kind of hesitate for a moment at the bottom before starting up onto the steps like she was thinking about something anyway...

ron

I'm quite sure she didn't board the plane (or stay on it if she did board), for she is a central character; the plot revolves around her. Besides, if there's one thing we know about her it's that she is a survivor and after she got the (subliminal) message from Conrad that she wouldn't live to testify against him her survival instincts kicked into high gear.

Edit: I just read the post by Church AV Guy after making my post, so I'm agreeing with his analysis.

Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD....Pioneer Elite BDP-05....Onkyo TX-NR717

Cambridge Soundworks MC305 Fronts & Center...Cambridge Soundworks Ambiance Surrounds....SVS PC12-NSD
post #278 of 334 Old 05-25-2012, 01:28 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

An interesting, extensive Q&A with Revenge creator Mike Kelley about the end of S1 and what to expect in S2. Fairly general with nothing too spoilerish. And some info about the genesis of Sammy's demise and the possibility of a Sammy Jr!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/24/re...ing-questions/

ron
post #279 of 334 Old 05-30-2012, 09:45 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Finally got to see the last two eps on DVR.....one question I have is that earlier on Nolan hired a big bodyguard dude. Where was he when Nolan was getting bashed and kidnapped by Bill Buchannan? Did I miss the part of an episode where he fired him?
post #280 of 334 Old 05-30-2012, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhall1 View Post

Finally got to see the last two eps on DVR.....one question I have is that earlier on Nolan hired a big bodyguard dude. Where was he when Nolan was getting bashed and kidnapped by Bill Buchannan? Did I miss the part of an episode where he fired him?

You didn't miss anything- Just your standard everyday plot hole

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...."

post #281 of 334 Old 05-30-2012, 01:00 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhall1 View Post

That thought came to my mind as well when that all went down, but you know, it's just TV, can't expect perfection.
post #282 of 334 Old 05-30-2012, 01:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

That thought came to my mind as well when that all went down, but you know, it's just TV, can't expect perfection.

Agreed. Plot holes are to be expected once in a while in any TV series and are almost a certainty in one that is as much of a soapy guilty pleasure as Revenge is. it's amazing how much silliness I am willing to put up with when there are as many beautiful women in the cast as there are in Revenge.
post #283 of 334 Old 05-30-2012, 01:23 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

I thought Nolan hired the bodyguard early on specifically to protect himself against Frank didn't he? Once Frank was gone he probably didn't think he still needed the protection any longer. Understanding that explanation isn't as "fun" as the standard snarky/trendy quips about crappy writing etc...

ron
post #284 of 334 Old 05-30-2012, 02:46 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

I thought Nolan hired the bodyguard early on specifically to protect himself against Frank didn't he? Once Frank was gone he probably didn't think he still needed the protection any longer. Understanding that explanation isn't as "fun" as the standard snarky/trendy quips about crappy writing etc...

ron

Excellent point, I had forgotten about that. It could also be as simple as the bodyguard having the night off... Nah, not as much fun as making snarky/trendy quips.
post #285 of 334 Old 05-30-2012, 06:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:

In case I didn't make myself clear in my earlier post, I love Revenge, guilty pleasure though it is. Considering the show's over the top drama and its many beautiful, elegant women, I would be the last to criticize the writing. My point was that I would forgive the writers, even if there were a gaffe.
post #286 of 334 Old 05-30-2012, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 95
In the real world- a guy with Nolan's net worth would probably have a full time bodyguard, not just a rent-a-bodyguard. In any case.... white haired guy versus the bodyguard might have been an interesting contest?

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...."

post #287 of 334 Old 05-30-2012, 09:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 752
If White haired Guy is so good at what he does then a hired bodyguard would have been easy pickings .

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #288 of 334 Old 06-11-2012, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 76
So, Mr Albino knows that Emily isn't Emily. But he didn't tell the Graysons. Hmmmmm.

Jack is SO clueless.
post #289 of 334 Old 06-30-2012, 04:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 161
From the "Hot Off The Press" Thread (top of 'HDTV Programming' page). cool.gif

TV Notes
'Revolution's' 'Lost' Reunion: Elizabeth Mitchell Joins J.J. Abrams Drama as Series Regular
By Lesley Goldberg, The Hollywood Reporter's 'Live Feed' Blog - Jun. 30, 2012

It's a Lost reunion for NBC's Revolution.

The upcoming freshman drama from Lost's J.J. Abrams and Supernatural's Eric Kripke has brought in former Lost star Elizabeth Mitchell as a series regular, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

The adventure drama, starring Twilight's Billy Burke, is set in a world that exists after every piece of technology including cars, planes, computers, phones and lights mysteriously black out forever and follows a family struggling to reunite in the post-apocalyptic world.

Mitchell will play Rachel Matheson, mother of Charlie (Tracy Spiridakos) and Danny (Graham Rogers), who is described as a beautiful and warm parent who's terrified of the ordeal that her children will face as they navigate the dystopian world. Mitchell (Gia) will appear in flashbacks.

She'll replace Andrea Roth, who played the role in the pilot, and join new castmember Daniella Alonso, who will play a new character, Nora, a rebel fighter.

Mitchell played Dr. Juliet Burke on Abrams' ABC island-set drama Lost from 2006-10. The Revolution role marks her first series regular gig since she spent two seasons starring as Erica Evans on ABC's V reboot. More recently, she appeared in a guest stint on NBC's Law & Order: SVU.

Mitchell is repped by IFA Talent Agency, Kritzer Levine and Hirsch Wallerstein.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/revolution-nbc-elizabeth-mitchell-lost-jj-abrams-343674
post #290 of 334 Old 06-30-2012, 05:01 PM
AVS Club Gold

Dad, methinks you have the wrong thread for the above post. smile.gif

Although, Mitchell would be a very nice addition to Revenge, I could see her and Victoria going at each other in a major way, could be fun! . biggrin.gif
post #291 of 334 Old 06-30-2012, 05:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

post #292 of 334 Old 07-19-2012, 10:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

From the "Hot Off The Press" Thread (top of 'HDTV Programming' page). cool.gif

TV Notes
'Revenge' Casts Jennifer Jason Leigh as Emily's Mother
By Philiana Ng, The Hollywood Reporter's 'Live Feed' Blog - Jul. 19, 2012

Revenge is about to get Thorne-y.

ABC's primetime soap has cast a key role in the upcoming sophomore season, landing Jennifer Jason Leigh as Emily's (aka Amanda Clarke) mother, The Hollywood Reporter confirms, who was presumed to be dead. The character will be recurring.

Leigh, who recently appeared in multiple episodes of Showtime's Weeds, is best known for starring in 1982's The Fast Times at Ridgemont High as Stacy. She has Kill Your Darlings and The Moment in the pipeline.

Leigh joins previously cast Barry Sloane, who will play the mysterious Ethan, who has connections to Emily's past.

Revenge moves to its new Sunday time slot this fall.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/revenge-jennifer-jason-leigh-casting-352016
post #293 of 334 Old 07-21-2012, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 76
JJL was always kinda hawt in a skanky kinda way. About 50 now, old enough to be Emily's mom.
post #294 of 334 Old 07-21-2012, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post

JJL was always kinda hawt in a skanky kinda way. About 50 now, old enough to be Emily's mom.

the face has some wear & tear there , looks like she smoked & drank a bit ........ eek.gif

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #295 of 334 Old 07-21-2012, 06:06 PM
AVS Club Gold

She's been a semi-regular on Weeds the last few years, plays Nancy's sister.
post #296 of 334 Old 07-22-2012, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 167

I enjoyed the freshman season mainly because of Emily VanCamp's performance. Although, towards the end of season I started losing interest in the series itself and for some reason I think I'll find the upcoming season even less interesting. I hope not but I'm guessing it will be dropped from my season passes. With this type of show I can typically live through (follow) one life changing/altering storyline and after that it's been there done that... who cares.

post #297 of 334 Old 09-28-2012, 10:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Like the whole last season overview. Wished all serial series did that. smile.gif

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #298 of 334 Old 10-09-2012, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Just as I expected the new time slot has really turned this into a soap opera. Don't know if I can hang in there much longer.
post #299 of 334 Old 10-09-2012, 08:09 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
What does the time slot have to do with the soapyness of the writing?
post #300 of 334 Old 10-09-2012, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post

What does the time slot have to do with the soapyness of the writing?

I was wondering the same thing. This show's always been soapy, imho. There is the fact that ABC's been scheduling it's "soapiest" shows (Desperate Housewives, Brothers and Sisters, Once Upon a Time) on Sunday nights for years now.

Steve S.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page