post #61 of 334 Old 10-13-2011, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVChallenged View Post

Exactly ... Sammy would have to be at least 16+ (probably 17+) years old at this point (assuming current events are happening in 2011.)

That's one old Lab.

I'm not to clear on the timeline--i.e. how old Emily was when she got Sam as a pup and how old she is now?.

BTW I know of one particular golden lab who lived to be 17 and was at least as mobile as same is when she was 16. Sam in the show is obviously an older dog, easily mid-teens at least--I've had enough older dogs to know.

Steve S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 334 Old 10-13-2011, 02:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 161
TV Notes
'Revenge' and 'Suburgatory' Get Full Seasons; 'Happy Endings' Gets 6 More Scripts
By Tim Kenneally, TheWrap.com - October 13th, 2011

ABC has ordered full seasons of its new series "Revenge" and "Suburgatory," whiling ringing up six more scripts for its comedy "Happy Endings," the network confirmed.

"Suburgatory," which follows a father and daughter after they move from New York City to the suburbs, premiered Sept. 28 to strong ratings, taking a 3.3 rating/9 share in the coveted adults 18-49 demographic, with 9.8 million total viewers.

The comedy stars "Six Feet Under's" Jeremy Sisto and "Shameless'" Jane Levy.

"Revenge," meanwhile, gave ABC the highest-rated premiere for any new drama this season when it bowed on Sept. 21, receiving a 3.4/9 in the demo and 10.1 million total viewers.

The comedy "Happy Endings," which premiered in April as a mid-season replacement, has shown encouraging growth of late, increasing its performance in the adults 18-49 demographic by 18 percent over last week with its most recent airing Wednesday night.

http://thewrap.com/tv/article/reveng...-scripts-31843
post #63 of 334 Old 10-13-2011, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 82
I'm one of those who count "Revenge" as one of my guilty pleasures. I enjoyed Emily Van Camp when she was a teenager on "Everwood" and she hasn't missed a beat since then. She's 25 in real life and her charachter is probably about that age or a bit younger on the show. Assuming she may be as young as 22 on the show and was as old as 10 when she was Amanda rather than Emily, Sam the Dog could be 14 or 15 and still in good shape.
post #64 of 334 Old 10-13-2011, 07:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
It does require suspension of logic but almost all good soapy shows do. At least this is well done.
post #65 of 334 Old 10-14-2011, 10:39 AM
R11
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S View Post

I'm not to clear on the timeline--i.e. how old Emily was when she got Sam as a pup and how old she is now?.

BTW I know of one particular golden lab who lived to be 17 and was at least as mobile as same is when she was 16. Sam in the show is obviously an older dog, easily mid-teens at least--I've had enough older dogs to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

I'm one of those who count "Revenge" as one of my guilty pleasures. I enjoyed Emily Van Camp when she was a teenager on "Everwood" and she hasn't missed a beat since then. She's 25 in real life and her charachter is probably about that age or a bit younger on the show. Assuming she may be as young as 22 on the show and was as old as 10 when she was Amanda rather than Emily, Sam the Dog could be 14 or 15 and still in good shape.

I watched the last ep last night and in one of the old recordings Amanda was watching of herself as a kid just before her dad was taken away, the date on the recording said 1993. She looks pretty young in the flashbacks/recordings to me, like around eight maybe? If the show is supposed to be set in current times that would make her around 26-27 or so which seems about right for the character. That would also mean the dog would probably be in it's late teens easily. At any rate, I'm not one to nit pick that kind of thing myself, so it doesn't really matter either way to me.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the copy of The Count of Monte Christo I noticed on the shelf below the camera in the Psych's office yet?

ron
post #66 of 334 Old 10-14-2011, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by R11 View Post

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the copy of The Count of Monte Christo I noticed on the shelf below the camera in the Psych's office yet?

ron

I caught that & mentioned it to wife that the show was loosely based on this book & she says well where's the body in the wall? . I then had to explain to her what the Monte Christo book was about .. & she's always telling me I know not a thing about the classics

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #67 of 334 Old 10-16-2011, 07:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 395
Finally got around to watching the latest episode of Revenge tonight and enjoyed it. As usual, though, it required an above average amount of willingness to suspend disbelief. For example, while Emily waited in vain for Daniel to arrive for their dinner date, which had been sabotaged by Daniel's treacherous "friend," the other pretty boy, the one with the sailboat, showed up instead. As if that weren't manipulative enough, Daniel came to Emily's front porch and saw sailboat boy happily having the dinner with Emily that Daniel thought Emily had begged out of having with him.

Oh well, Revenge is a soap by any other name so I have just decided to man up and live with its serial silliness. It's still mostly pretty exciting and I love the delightfully creative ways Emily has of exacting revenge on those who betrayed her loving daddy.
post #68 of 334 Old 10-17-2011, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
since no one has mentioned it... Does anyone fine is strange that Madeleine Stowe was also in a movie called Revenge?
post #69 of 334 Old 10-21-2011, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 167
The show sure upped the intensity this week. I also liked how it wasn't (strictly) a get them before the hour's up. The characters are definitely getting deeper and not nearly as one-dimensional. All for the good. With the other characters coming alive I could see it lasting longer however it still has a ways to go.
post #70 of 334 Old 10-26-2011, 10:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Can't wait to see what she has in store for Tyler. Dealing w/ Frank may delay that a bit tho.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #71 of 334 Old 10-27-2011, 12:05 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 313
I have to say, of all the new broadcast network shows that have premiered so far this season, "Revenge" is easily my favorite, as soon as there's 15 mins of it recorded, I start watching it. Van Camp and Stowe are providing some very entertaining performances. The rest of the cast aren't too shabby either, particularly "Frank" and "Nolan", but the two female leads are clearly the class of the field.

Although, "Once Upon A Time", which premiered this last Sunday was extremely intriguing as well but it's only the first episode, way too early to call.
post #72 of 334 Old 10-27-2011, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

I have to say, of all the new broadcast network shows that have premiered so far this season, "Revenge" is easily my favorite, as soon as there's 15 mins of it recorded, I start watching it. Van Camp and Stowe are providing some very entertaining performances.

I see the show being very similar to the old primetime soaps such as Dynasty and Falcon Crest. Not exactly a work of art but entertaining on some level.
post #73 of 334 Old 10-27-2011, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Seriously, is there a better actress on TV right now than Stowe? This show is must watch just because of her.

I am liking the "Frank" storyline. I am guessing he is the one kills Daniel at the engagement party...

I would also say that this show has bit more bite and overarching story lines than Dynasty or Falcon Crest. The only thing that is common is that the show centers on rich families.
post #74 of 334 Old 10-27-2011, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy View Post

I would also say that this show has bit more bite and overarching story lines than Dynasty or Falcon Crest. The only thing that is common is that the show centers on rich families.

Next you will say more than who shot JR. Same shows, same fluff. I find the similarities to daytime soaps. Their story lines go on for decades! Or did I guess...
post #75 of 334 Old 10-27-2011, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Any speculation on just what Tyler's deal is? Sorta reminescent of The Talented Mr. Ripley?

Steve S.
post #76 of 334 Old 10-27-2011, 12:21 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post

I see the show being very similar to the old primetime soaps such as Dynasty and Falcon Crest. Not exactly a work of art but entertaining on some level.

Yes, not what one would call highbrow entertainment by any means, but it's definitely keeping me interested enough to call it "appointment TV".

Quote:

Any speculation on just what Tyler's deal is? Sorta reminescent of The Talented Mr. Ripley?

He's another character that appears to have a very interesting story and is getting more intriguing with each episode. Possibly he is an illegitimate son that Conrad never knew about, back to claim his birthright? Maybe he's in love with Daniel, that scene in the bedroom above the bar was a bit odd with Daniel telling him to get away from him as Tyler was putting him on the bed.
post #77 of 334 Old 10-27-2011, 07:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
It's definitely soap opera, but I must admit, I like it. I guess as long as it's well done, even soap opera is entertaining - and this story is just convoluted enough and has enough interesting characters to be very entertaining. Interesting to see Max Martini of The Unit in his 'security' role once again.

Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
post #78 of 334 Old 10-28-2011, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:

I'm starting to get the impression that Tyler is gay. After the scene in the bedroom where he started to lie down with Daniel kinda sold it for me and then the rest started to make sense. Trying to get him drunk, drugging him, trying to sabotage his relationship with Emily.
post #79 of 334 Old 10-28-2011, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
I think it's pretty clear Tyler is gay and that's most of his motivation for sabotaging his 'friend' Daniel.

Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
post #80 of 334 Old 11-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC Press Release View Post

Gaining young adults for the 2nd week running (surging +11% week to week), ABC's Revenge posted its 2nd-highest-ever Adult 18-49 number - best since its series debut 7 weeks ago on 9/21/11.

During the 10 o'clock hour opposite veteran dramas on CBS and NBC, ABC freshman drama Revenge ranked #1 for the 2nd week in a row among Adults 18-49, beating CBS' original CSI by a best-ever 11% and NBC's first-run Law Order SVU by a best-ever 50%.

This show is benefiting from good "word of mouth".
post #81 of 334 Old 11-03-2011, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Last night's episode was probably the best yet. So many twists!!!

Tyler and Nolan hooking up, real Emily sighting, death of Frank!!!! WOW!!!

Is there another show with better thrill/minute ratio than this show?
post #82 of 334 Old 11-03-2011, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:

Terra Nova...Oh, wait, no, I guess not.

I am enjoying this show a lot. Guilty pleasure I guess. Two strong women as lead characters, not my type of show, yet it works for me somehow.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #83 of 334 Old 11-03-2011, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 61
If someone asked me to name my Top 5 shows, I'd probably overlook this one as an option. But I find myself itching to watch this show before any other once it appears on my DVR (now that Top Shot is over) - and while I'm watching it, I can't think of a show I enjoy more.
post #84 of 334 Old 11-03-2011, 08:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

But is Frank really dead? I won't know for sure until I see half his head blown away a/la Gus in Breaking Bad.

Steve S.
post #85 of 334 Old 11-03-2011, 09:14 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

But is Frank really dead? I won't know for sure until I see half his head blown away a/la Gus in Breaking Bad.

Could you please not spoil other shows in this thread. I specifically avoid the Breaking Bad thread, because i'm a season behind. I don't have cable, so I wait for it to come out on Blu ray, and then rent it from Blockbuster.

I had a major spoiler about Dexter ruined for me, by someone on AVSforum, in the Lost thread, before it came out on blu ray, also.

"Here on the moon, our weekends are so advanced, they encompass the entire week." Ignignokt from Aqua Teen Hunger Force
post #86 of 334 Old 11-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:

Yeah, never trust a soap opera death.

I would like this show even better if I didn't have to fast-forward through every scene with the teenagers. Their scenes are always horrible lines delivered by bad actors.
post #87 of 334 Old 11-03-2011, 09:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by randalthor View Post

Could you please not spoil other shows in this thread. I specifically avoid the Breaking Bad thread, because i'm a season behind. I don't have cable, so I wait for it to come out on Blu ray, and then rent it from Blockbuster.

I had a major spoiler about Dexter ruined for me, by someone on AVSforum, in the Lost thread, before it came out on blu ray, also.

?

The entire point of these topics is discussion of the program. After it airs first run, any and all discussion is fair game.

If your viewing is 'ruined', you need to limit your reading of these topics.

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

post #88 of 334 Old 11-03-2011, 11:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H View Post

?

The entire point of these topics is discussion of the program. After it airs first run, any and all discussion is fair game.

The OP was concerned about cross-spoilerage. Specifically, Dexter "spoilers" being discussed in a "Lost" thread.

PS: By the way, "Rosebud" was his sled ... and the Titanic sinks.
post #89 of 334 Old 11-04-2011, 08:23 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVChallenged View Post

The OP was concerned about cross-spoilerage. Specifically, Dexter "spoilers" being discussed in a "Lost" thread.

PS: By the way, "Rosebud" was his sled ... and the Titanic sinks.

And Verbal is Keyser Soze.
post #90 of 334 Old 11-04-2011, 08:28 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Man, that ruined it for me. Just completely grossed me out. Unnecessary IMO.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page