'Revenge' on ABC HD - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 334 Old 11-04-2011, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Frank is dead. He was the only one who knew Emily's past. If Emily is around, Frank can't be around. It's too bad because I was rooting for him. Everything has been a walk in the park for Emily so far. If she needs technical support, there is her gayboy puppy Nolan. If she needs everything else, some mystery person from her past will come out to protect her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 334 Old 11-04-2011, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I am also enjoying this show much more than anticipated. As for Frank, I also believe he is dead, but, I thought Lydia was also dead from her several story fall and demolishing of a car. She ended up miraculously alive and healing, so I'm not totally convinced on Frank just yet - though it did look pretty perilous.

As an aside, is Tyler the same guy who played the Division operative in Nikita? He looks familiar and I think that's where I remember seeing him.

Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
post #93 of 334 Old 11-04-2011, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint350 View Post

as an aside, is tyler the same guy who played the division operative in nikita?.

yahtzee!!!
post #94 of 334 Old 11-04-2011, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Frank could still be alive if the hit to his head gave him an amnesia. But that would be pretty lame considering how Lydia miraculously survived her fall...
post #95 of 334 Old 11-04-2011, 10:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H View Post

?

The entire point of these topics is discussion of the program. After it airs first run, any and all discussion is fair game.

If your viewing is 'ruined', you need to limit your reading of these topics.

Thank you! Although genuine spoilers should be avoided at all costs, spoilerphobic nonsense of the sort you addressed bugs me no end.

I have really been enjoying Revenge. The murder of Frank by the real Emily Thorne and her showing up on our Emily's doorstep is a wildcard that promises to complicate our Emily's life no end. By the way, these alternate Emilys are starting to remind me of Fringe. (Was that a spoiler?)

Declan's homosexual hookup with Tyler puzzled me until I saw Tyler's video of the event. We know Declan's predilection toward surveillance videos so I suspect he filmed his encounter with Tyler to use as more blackmail material. I would have thought, though, that Declan's discovery of the restraining order Tyler's former gay lover took out on Tyler would have been enough. Anyway, Revenge's wheels are really spinning these days.
post #96 of 334 Old 11-04-2011, 11:54 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Nolan's homosexual hookup with Tyler puzzled me until I saw Tyler's video of the event. We know Nolan's predilection toward surveillance videos so I suspect he filmed his encounter with Tyler to use as more blackmail material. I would have thought, though, that Nolan's discovery of the restraining order Tyler's former gay lover took out on Tyler would have been enough. Anyway, Revenge's wheels are really spinning these days. (characters name corrected)

Blackmailing Tyler does little for Nolan because Tyler is broke and has no real power. I am guessing that Nolan might try to take down Conrad Grayson for having a "live-in gay prostitute, who he also employs at his company". The film could be sent to Conrad (with Nolan's face obscured to hide his identity), with a threat to release it to the media. Nolan wants Frank off his back.

I could be completely wrong, just throwing ideas out here.
post #97 of 334 Old 11-04-2011, 12:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedrock View Post

Blackmailing Tyler does little for Nolan because Tyler is broke and has no real power. I am guessing that Nolan might try to take down Conrad Grayson for having a "live-in gay prostitute, who he also employs at his company". The film could be sent to Conrad (with Nolan's face obscured to hide his identity), with a threat to release it to the media. Nolan wants Frank off his back.

I could be completely wrong, just throwing ideas out here.

Thanks for the name correction. The one I used was what I thought I saw on IMDb. It didn't sound right to me either but I was too lazy to double check it.

I agree that Tyler's usefulness might lie in Tyler helping our Emily to hurt the Grayson's. Nolan might also be able to use the information to stop Tyler's attempts to subvert Daniel's relationship with our Emily. I agree that Nolan is so filthy rich, he couldn't possible have any interest in extorting money from Tyler. I like your idea of Nolan sending the film of his gay encounter with Tyler to Conrad but with his own face digitally obscured. That could work. In any event, the show's writers have things setup so that they can go any way that pleases them.
post #98 of 334 Old 11-04-2011, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

For those of you who are unaware, Revenge was recently expanded from the planned 13 episodes for the first season to 15. The reason the show creator gave for that increase was to further dig into the story behind Tyler.

I am guessing that video is going to be featured prominently in those extra 2 episodes around Tyler.
post #99 of 334 Old 11-05-2011, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 752
I look to soon hear that Revenge gets the nod for a 2nd season , which will open the writers up to expand the current season plot twists , character development some more, adding new unintended consequences to Emily's deeds of Revenge
Look at this ABC ...
has a hit on their hands for sure

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Fall-Pop...r-1039163.aspx

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #100 of 334 Old 11-07-2011, 07:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedrock View Post

I would like this show even better if I didn't have to fast-forward through every scene with the teenagers. Their scenes are always horrible lines delivered by bad actors.

I love this show and the introductions of new threads like the stripper Emily add fuel to the fire but yes, I cannot stand the younger shrimp brother character. Major loser. The teen characters and dialog are so lame although not quite as bad as the mindless teens on Terra Nova. But that's what TiVo (DVRs) were invented for besides skipping ads.
post #101 of 334 Old 11-08-2011, 11:26 AM
R11
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:

As an aside, is Tyler the same guy who played the Division operative in Nikita? He looks familiar and I think that's where I remember seeing him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVChallenged View Post

yahtzee!!!

I was also wondering where it was I remembered him from and I don't watch Nikita. IMDB reminded me he was also PFC Sidney Phillips in The Pacific miniseries.

ron
post #102 of 334 Old 11-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
No new episode this week because of the Country Music Awards.
post #103 of 334 Old 11-08-2011, 08:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Drat. One of the few new shows - guilty pleasure or not - that I am really enjoying. My other 'guilty pleasure' of the Vampire Diaries is about to leave until Feb 2012.

Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
post #104 of 334 Old 11-13-2011, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Slightly disappointed in the lack of smoking hot stripper scenes but otherwise I love this show.
post #105 of 334 Old 12-07-2011, 09:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 164
TV Notes
ABC Offers Full Seasons of 'Revenge,' 'Once Upon a Time' Online
By Lesley Goldberg, The Hollywood Reporter's 'Live Feed' Blog - December 7th, 2011

It's understandable. With all the new offerings in the fall season, sometimes you discover you love a show a bit late. If ABC's sudsy drama, Revenge, or its addictive fairy tale meets modern times series, Once Upon a Time, fall into that category for you, then get excited.

An ABC spokesperson confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that all aired episodes of the two freshman series will be livestreamed on ABC.com, as first reported by EW. Previously, only five episodes of the series were available at a time.

Revenge is available Wednesday through Tuesday, Jan. 3. And Once Upon a Time's previous episodes will be live on the site through Saturday, Jan. 7.

That means you'll be able to go back and watch Emily's (Emily VanCamp) rapid-fire takedowns in the early portion of Revenge's season. And you'll be able to go back and see what clues can be picked up in your quest to decipher Emma Swan's (Jennifer Morrison) alternate fairy tale identity on Once Upon a Time - if indeed she has one

Or, maybe you just want to do a marathon of the series on your holiday vacation, because you love them that much.

The next new episode of Revenge airs Wednesday, Jan. 4. Meanwhile, Once Upon A Time airs its next new episode Sunday at 8 p.m. and then returns Sunday, Jan. 8 after that.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...pisodes-271036
post #106 of 334 Old 12-08-2011, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

I continue to be nearly ashamed to admit I watch this, but I continue to like it a lot. The stories are well done and the intrigue is handled cleverly and with wit. It's turning out to be much better than the slowly sinking Ringer, which I had looked forward to more with SMG.

Ray
post #107 of 334 Old 12-08-2011, 10:41 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Heck, I love it, call it a soap, call it whatever, I'm really enjoying this show. I could still do without the daughter and the kid with big hair storyline, but other than that, it's a fairly well written drama.

Looks like Emily's steely resolve is starting to crack as she's lost 2 of her compatriots in her quest to right the wrongs done to her father.
post #108 of 334 Old 12-08-2011, 10:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I continue to be nearly ashamed to admit I watch this, but I continue to like it a lot. The stories are well done and the intrigue is handled cleverly and with wit. It's turning out to be much better than the slowly sinking Ringer, which I had looked forward to more with SMG.

The "slowly sinking Ringer," indeed. Despite my longheld fondness for Sarah Michelle Geller, I gave up on Ringer and deleted my season pass half way through the second episode. By stark contrast, I have really enjoyed Revenge. It may be my number one guilty pleasure these days.
post #109 of 334 Old 12-08-2011, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

The "slowly sinking Ringer," indeed. Despite my longheld fondness for Sarah Michelle Geller, I gave up on Ringer and deleted my season pass half way through the second episode. By stark contrast, I have really enjoyed Revenge. It may be my number one guilty pleasure these days.

I stuck with Ringer & it's getting better

Mike

post #110 of 334 Old 12-08-2011, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

Heck, I love it, call it a soap, call it whatever, I'm really enjoying this show.

Every time I watch the show I think I'm back in the late 70s and 80s.

Quote:
Looks like Emily's steely resolve is starting to crack as she's lost 2 of her compatriots in her quest to right the wrongs done to her father.

I like how they are adding gray to her character... the white and black hats are pretty well gone. I wonder what Huntley (Victoria's divorce lawyer) is all about.
post #111 of 334 Old 12-08-2011, 12:56 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post

Every time I watch the show I think I'm back in the late 70s and 80s.

I like how they are adding gray to her character... the white and black hats are pretty well gone. I wonder what Huntley (Victoria's divorce lawyer) is all about.

I don't remember if it was in the previews or not so I'll use spoiler tags, but
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
he's the lawyer that refused to appeal her father's case, how he ended up as Victoria's lawyer, I'm not sure what the entanglement is there, I'm guessing though that some sort of leverage by Emily has something to do with it.
post #112 of 334 Old 12-09-2011, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Interesting how all of the female characters are portrayed as somewhat evil. Even Amanda/Emily is sliding deeper into flawed territory, becoming an embarrassment to her father's memory. Her love interest, the bar owner and her billionaire ally are all decent folk and male.

Please, let there be less teen angst. Can't stand the shrimp younger brother with the ludicrous hair. What a stark contrast to his older brother.

Never thought I'd be a fan of what is pretty much a soap opera. I anticipate this show almost as much as NFL football; can't wait for next week.
post #113 of 334 Old 12-09-2011, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post

Never thought I'd be a fan of what is pretty much a soap opera. I anticipate this show almost as much as NFL football; can't wait for next week.

+1
This is pretty much the only show I watch the day it's available for download, most other series I wait till I have time on the weekends.

As long as they stay on track- Emily looking to take down the ppl who wronged her father- then I'll keep watching. If it veers too far off that path- I may opt out. But so far so good, I'm really enjoying Revenge!

See they have a new opening title sequence starting with the latest episode (S01E10)

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...."

post #114 of 334 Old 12-09-2011, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
It's has definitely slowed down into more of a soap since the early episode fast paced "revenges" but I'm hooked now to see where this goes and who gets shot on the beach. I have my theories.
post #115 of 334 Old 12-09-2011, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Wow that was an awesome hour. There was more action during the last episode's hour than the entire season of Pan Am.

Loving the new fake Amanda. She is HAWT! And something about her voice is very very sexy...
post #116 of 334 Old 12-09-2011, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyM View Post

It's has definitely slowed down into more off a soap since the early episode fast paced "revenges" but I'm hooked now to see where this goes and who gets shot on the beach. I have my theories.

that is because the show got picked up for additional episodes so some rewriting went on. the writers saying that they were going to expand some of the plot lines . it's a hit for ABC

rewatch the 1st episode closely & you will see who got shot ,plus who was also there on the beach .. I don't want to add any spoilers but it all takes a severe plot twist soon

Mike

post #117 of 334 Old 12-20-2011, 06:55 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
When do new episodes start again?
post #118 of 334 Old 12-20-2011, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhall1 View Post

When do new episodes start again?

Jan 4th
http://www.tvrage.com/Revenge

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...."

post #119 of 334 Old 01-19-2012, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I like the last episode. A while back I predicted that pretty boy Daniel could be the son of Victoria and Amanda's dad. I was wrong about that, but it turned out Charlotte was their daughter.

What is interesting is Amanda still wants to marry Daniel after knowing that Charlotte is her sister.
post #120 of 334 Old 01-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidt1 View Post

What is interesting is Amanda still wants to marry Daniel after knowing that Charlotte is her sister.

All in the interest of using it to further her agenda, I'm sure.

This last episode was great. We thought Amanda was pissed before, but now that she found out what Victoria is (falsely) claiming were the circumstances regarding Charlotte's conception, we ain't seen nothin' yet!

One thing I really appreciate about this show is there is very little filler compared to other shows. Every episode is packed with scenes that really keep the story zipping along.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page