post #3031 of 3041 Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1407 Post(s)
Liked: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
Isn't the actress who plays Trubel a college kid who somehow got the gig on Grimm?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruelInventions View Post
is this just your impression of the actress or do you recall reading something to this effect?

Seems highly improbable.

Besides the fact that she is clearly not a good actress, he is correct. Grimm's EP visited her college, heard her read and gave her the job. Why? I have no idea, but that's how it happened.

Honestly, the first episode that she was in, I just figured it was nepotism that got her the job. I have seen kids in school plays that are better actors.

http://ew.com/article/2014/03/17/jac...student-grimm/
CruelInventions likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3032 of 3041 Old Yesterday, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
Besides the fact that she is clearly not a good actress, he is correct. Grimm's EP visited her college, heard her read and gave her the job. Why? I have no idea, but that's how it happened.

Honestly, the first episode that she was in, I just figured it was nepotism that got her the job. I have seen kids in school plays that are better actors.

Thank You......finally someone who feels the same as I do about this actress. Just amateurish. Hannah Lloyd (Diana) is a better actress than she is.
RxpSGR likes this.

Have a great day and be kind to each other,
-B
TiVo Bolt OTA with Denon AVR 591
My floor speakers, surrounds and sub are Polk brand. Home Theater Seats, needed.
FiOS 150/150 Streaming
post #3033 of 3041 Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
Looks like in 2014 that it is possible that she did an episode or few while still in college. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacqueline_Toboni
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post

Weird. I had no idea. Thanks.

Maybe the show has a severe budget, they needed/wanted a junior Grimm character and this was the cheapest way to add one.

I'm glad they did (add the character) as I enjoyed Nick having a junior Grimm sidekick he could relate to and show the ropes.

post #3034 of 3041 Old Yesterday, 11:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1604 Post(s)
Liked: 1347
Yeah, I thought her addition was one of the few good moves the show ever made, and it's a shame they never spent more time developing the way Grimms have to pass down their heritage to the next generation, because the whole structure of Grimmhood seems quite scattered to the point where it's a miracle there are any Grimms left. Most of them probably got so confused by their first Wesen encounter that they couldn't defend themselves and got killed on day one.
post #3035 of 3041 Old Today, 02:13 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 1429 Post(s)
Liked: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Yeah, I thought her addition was one of the few good moves the show ever made, and it's a shame they never spent more time developing the way Grimms have to pass down their heritage to the next generation, because the whole structure of Grimmhood seems quite scattered to the point where it's a miracle there are any Grimms left. Most of them probably got so confused by their first Wesen encounter that they couldn't defend themselves and got killed on day one.
I too enjoy her character. What's with all the negativism?

It is a bit odd that Grimms don't do better passing down their knowledge.
Garrett Adams and 73shark like this.

Klein K-10A, CR250, i1D3, i1Pro2, Calman Enthusiast, LG 65B6P, Panasonic 65VT50, and a great wife that puts up with all this.:)
post #3036 of 3041 Old Today, 08:48 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1762 Post(s)
Liked: 2044
I thought Trubel was a good addition to the cast .. kind of a Trainee style .. that's why I wondered why she disappeared .. I just don't recall any lead-up of story line that dealt with her exit ..
Garrett Adams likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #3037 of 3041 Old Today, 02:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1604 Post(s)
Liked: 1347
That's because HW called her and told her to leave, so she left. There were no other plot developments to explain her departure. This is the third or fourth time this has happened, so nobody should be surprised. They spend the money to add her to the cast during season and midseason finales, and then they give a flimsy excuse to explain why she's MIA the rest of the time. Hopefully she'll be back for the series finale.
CruelInventions likes this.
post #3038 of 3041 Old Today, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 2108 Post(s)
Liked: 1425
Filler much?
post #3039 of 3041 Old Today, 09:34 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4677 Post(s)
Liked: 11021
Dayum. They went all Game of Thrones on the PPD. Didn't see that coming. Gonna miss Hank and Wu. Season finale next week. Looking back on the 6 seasons it was a fun ride. I enjoyed this show and liked the cast.

post #3040 of 3041 Old Today, 10:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 268
When you have a magic stick and perhaps a magic spear a lot of things are possible. How many times have we seen a reset after something like this - many, many.
post #3041 of 3041 Old Today, 10:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 951 Post(s)
Liked: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Dayum. They went all Game of Thrones on the PPD. Didn't see that coming. Gonna miss Hank and Wu. Season finale next week. Looking back on the 6 seasons it was a fun ride. I enjoyed this show and liked the cast.
I think they will "stick" around.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Grimm Season One Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Grimm The Complete Second Season Blu Ray Ultraviolet Widescreen

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page