Forum Jump: 
 501Likes

post #3061 of 3089 Old 04-01-2017, 06:08 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2480 Post(s)
Liked: 1785
That was some breathtakingly BAD writing. Glad this one is over.
JimP, Keenan and mgkdragn like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3062 of 3089 Old 04-01-2017, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 830 Post(s)
Liked: 550
What happened?

The previous episode seemed to have great scriptwriting. This one fell apart!
post #3063 of 3089 Old 04-01-2017, 09:10 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2068 Post(s)
Liked: 2464
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
Yes .. well said ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

post #3064 of 3089 Old 04-01-2017, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1704 Post(s)
Liked: 731
Quote:
....and they had so many opportunities for something really good.

I would have even gone with the little girl throwing the spear through evil guy. That would tie in with the 20 years later part when she and her brother have taken over the family business.
post #3065 of 3089 Old 04-01-2017, 04:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 949 Post(s)
Liked: 1024
If Bob Newhart was watching the show he'd say you can only employ that type of time shift once. And mine was better than yours.
post #3066 of 3089 Old 04-01-2017, 05:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
....and they had so many opportunities for something really good.

I would have even gone with the little girl throwing the spear through evil guy.That would tie in with the 20 years later part when she and her brother have taken over the family business.
I would have settled for that. I really was disappointed when she just changed sides with no effort to save her parents, or her little baby brother. I never did care for her character or the young actress with about 22% acting ability.
post #3067 of 3089 Old 04-01-2017, 06:21 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Many of you folks are so grumpy and unable to have fun with a TV show I think you may be from the other place.
PaulGo and b5fan001 like this.
post #3068 of 3089 Old 04-01-2017, 08:58 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Well Plager8 I'm with you! I'm glad everyone lived! Remember some of these people commenting here are probably still pissed off about the last 8 minutes of the Soprano's ending!
b5fan001 and Plager8 like this.
post #3069 of 3089 Old 04-02-2017, 07:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 766 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Quote:
I've been luke-warm to this final season, the monster-of-the-week episodes were mildly entertaining. Only when the series tried to create some world-wide conspiracy did the writing show it's limited talent. So many story threads that went nowhere and conveniently forgotten. Black Claw? Wiped out with one line of dialog. And the list goes, too many that I can't even remember them all but you get the gist.

Spoiler!

They were wise to end this series but how they accomplished it not so much.
leebo likes this.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
post #3070 of 3089 Old 04-02-2017, 11:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Can't say I was a fan of the ending either simply because I have no idea what the hell happened.

Did all that stuff before Nick going through the hole actually happen or was it in his head? Why didn't Truble remember it as well? I assume Diana saw it happen because of the way she said to Eve "You're a Hexenbiest AGAIN."

Speaking of Diana, I was sure when she saw Renard, and moreso Adalind killed, she would have went off on the Zerstorer. Rally bad flip flopping on her character.

All in all, I expected a little better ending than that one.
CruelInventions likes this.
post #3071 of 3089 Old 04-02-2017, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 130
That ending was a disaster. Shame it went out the way it did. I still don't understand anything to do with Diana. Introducing that character really was a dud. I liked the show overall, but won't miss it.
post #3072 of 3089 Old 04-02-2017, 01:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1692 Post(s)
Liked: 1450
I was really hoping that the whole "power of your blood" thing was a reference to simply making the Big Bad swallow Nick's blood and lose his Wesen powers, at which point chopping off his head would have been easy (lest he regain his powers the way Adalind did, oh no!).

Instead, we got some nonsense with phantom Grimms that only Nick can see and yet can interact with the physical world. Shouldn't Theresa have been like, "How did that guy's arm get chopped off?" if she couldn't see the other Grimms? For that matter, why could the magic brat see them, but not the other Grimm who shared Nick's heritage?

As usual, the sloppy writing leaves many questions unanswered, except one: am I glad this show is over? Yes.
post #3073 of 3089 Old 04-02-2017, 07:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 651
This whole last season was just cheap and lazy, IMO.

I continued to watch this mainly because I believe that in most relationships there are one or two shows you need to "like" in order to peacefully share the household viewing facility peacefully with a spouse who actually does like it. I'm proud that, by the end, my wife was actually verbally "hate-watching" Grimm along with me, which actually enhanced my own enjoyment, since I didn't have to hold it in any more.

The dynamic of this series was one of obvious contempt for the audience, which the audience apparently worked hard to earn.

Thank ghod it's over.
Mr.G likes this.

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

post #3074 of 3089 Old 04-03-2017, 03:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1393 Post(s)
Liked: 1199
Ugh, that was a really bad series finale. Everyone dying was obviously not going to be permanent so it was a waste of time to show each one. Other Grimms fighting and obviously doing physical damage to him and impacting him (e.g. causing him to fall down, stumble, etc.) yet Truble didn't think it looked odd. How were the Grimms able to affect him as they showed them doing? How did they get there? Was everything in Nick's head when he was in the mirror? Did he ever leave the mirror initially? Why no wrap up to Rosalie's pregnancy except a time blurb at the end about triplets? So many questions left in a series finale. Bad writing that seems like they didn't know what to do.

post #3075 of 3089 Old 04-03-2017, 08:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
Ugh, that was a really bad series finale. Everyone dying was obviously not going to be permanent so it was a waste of time to show each one. Other Grimms fighting and obviously doing physical damage to him and impacting him (e.g. causing him to fall down, stumble, etc.) yet Truble didn't think it looked odd. How were the Grimms able to affect him as they showed them doing? How did they get there? Was everything in Nick's head when he was in the mirror? Did he ever leave the mirror initially? Why no wrap up to Rosalie's pregnancy except a time blurb at the end about triplets? So many questions left in a series finale. Bad writing that seems like they didn't know what to do.
I was surprised that the stick wasn't working.

There appeared to be some blood power through the Grimm-line that helped him defeat the big bad.

Yes, Nick did leave the mirror initially.

It seemed to me that Nick used the Spear of Destiny to rewrite what happened and then came through a portal to the new written reality.
post #3076 of 3089 Old 04-03-2017, 10:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I just remembered that Zombie Nick which somehow disappeared would have been a great one on one battle with Skeletor's cousin. The whole Diana super child script ruined it for me. It seemed that it turned into a make it up as we go along script. Didn't some of the original writers leave for other projects?
post #3077 of 3089 Old 04-03-2017, 11:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked: 1031
I was absolutely shocked that the coins didn't fall out of Nick's pocket when he came back from the other place.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
post #3078 of 3089 Old 04-04-2017, 04:19 AM

Quoted: 1393 Post(s)
Liked: 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by nottenst View Post
I was surprised that the stick wasn't working.

There appeared to be some blood power through the Grimm-line that helped him defeat the big bad.

Yes, Nick did leave the mirror initially.

It seemed to me that Nick used the Spear of Destiny to rewrite what happened and then came through a portal to the new written reality.
I think you are confusing this spear with the spear from DC's Legends.

post #3079 of 3089 Old 04-06-2017, 02:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 541 Post(s)
Liked: 308
What I don't get is, what was it that nick stepped through, and how did he know to step through it? Also, was he then in an alternate reality, and if so, does that not mean everyone was still dead, and those people were not the ones he knew and loved? The way they handled skull guy was lame too. He should have been as difficult to kill as the Terminator.

For me this series lost it when they made Juliette into Eve. They should have just killed her off. Better yet, keep her the same, with nick.
Also, babies rarely work out.
post #3080 of 3089 Old 04-06-2017, 08:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 61
The creators explain the ending in this interview

Quote:
IGN: What were the logistics of Nick coming through the portal at the end? Was that another instance of him going through to the Other Side and leaving behind the reality where all these characters are dead, or did he get a hard reset?

KOUF: Yeah, it was a hard reset. When the Zerstörer died, it was as though he never came through, so it reset to that point.
post #3081 of 3089 Old 04-06-2017, 11:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post
What I don't get is, what was it that nick stepped through, and how did he know to step through it?
He didn't know. The portal that opened was the same as the mirror portal to WesenWorld, and the staff was being drawn towards the portal. Nick didn't want to let the staff go, because he thought he could use it to revive his friends. He got sucked through the portal along with the staff and then returned to the moment he shot out of the mirror the first time he returned from WesenWorld. There is no explanation for why this happened, but it did.
post #3082 of 3089 Old 04-06-2017, 11:23 AM

Just a note to say thanks for all the commentary and comedy over the years .. sometimes, it was about all that kept me in the show ..
73shark likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #3083 of 3089 Old 04-06-2017, 12:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I just have to say about that interview (not sure if posting IGN quotes is allowed, so I won't) that Kouf's explanation of the stick really sums up for me what was so terrible about the last two years of the show. Grimm was a show that had its own (usually squandered) mythology, and yet the grand finale is basically unrelated to the show and instead borrows from the Bible (and other religious traditions). Instead of having to defeat their greatest Wesen foe, they have to defeat... the staff of Moses? It's a total non-sequitur and is really the epitome of the sloppy and lackluster writing we've gotten over the years: they couldn't even come up with a unique in-universe idea for a final Big Bad, so they stole one from an unrelated mythology.

Between the unexplained importance of the Royals, the supposedly all-powerful and terrifying Wesen Council being wiped out in thirty seconds, and Black Claw inexplicably disappearing worldwide due to a minor defeat in Portland, this was perhaps the biggest slap in the face of all. Farewell, Grimm. You will not be missed.
post #3084 of 3089 Old 04-06-2017, 01:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 541 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Well, my take on the final, without reading the interview (because what good is the story if it has to be explained? ):

I rewatched the ending. It appears that when Nick stepped through the portal, he simply returned to his world, so to speak. Everything that took place from the time Nick and Eve "returned" from the dark world, never actually happened. It was just a vision of what might happen. He did not travel to an alternate universe. It also explains why Diana (or what ever the kids name is) twice said, "look mommy, I told you I could bring Nick back".
post #3085 of 3089 Old 04-06-2017, 02:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I had a gut feeling it was going to be a dud when they had to preface it with a hope you enjoy it cheerleading moment before it even started. No offense to the actors, this is a direct comment to the writing staff.
post #3086 of 3089 Old 04-06-2017, 03:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 222
I was disappointed in the last few seasons cuz I saw no reason for the Wessons to fear Grimms. Last thing I can remember where Nick actually did something Grimm-like was when he killed Adalind's mom. At least I think that was it.
mgkdragn likes this.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #3087 of 3089 Old 04-07-2017, 07:52 AM

I said to myself, well, there is no need to further comment on the Thread .. however, this morning, as I browse AVS over my morning coffee, I decided I had to say one more thing ..

Bud should have been back for at least a minute ..

"When you say Bud Wurstner, you've said it all .."

Garrett Adams and John dhein like this.

Uncle Willie

post #3088 of 3089 Old 04-07-2017, 01:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
I said to myself, well, there is no need to further comment on the Thread .. however, this morning, as I browse AVS over my morning coffee, I decided I had to say one more thing ..

Bud should have been back for at least a minute ..

"When you say Bud Wurstner, you've said it all .."

After the credits: Th-th-th- that's all folks!
mgkdragn likes this.
post #3089 of 3089 Old 04-13-2017, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Question The Ending Explained......Maybe

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger's_cat
Schrödinger stated that if you place a cat and something that could kill the cat (a radioactive atom) in a box and sealed it, you would not know if the cat was dead or alive until you opened the box, so that until the box was opened, the cat was (in a sense) both "dead and alive". This is used to represent how scientific theory works. No one knows if any scientific theory is right or wrong until said theory can be tested and proved.

In one of the previous episodes, Monroe talked about Schrödinger's Cat and what the theory meant. If you look at the moment that Nick starts back through the mirror: The portal is the top of the box. If it isn't opened, two realities can exist. Actually, and infinite number of realities can exist (who lived, who died and combinations thereof). So, Nick jumped into a reality in which everyone dies. Once the Zorester is dead, there is a path to the other reality where everyone is alive before the events happened. Zorester took Nick to one reality but the stick dragged him to another, better reality. It isn't a timeline like Star Trek. It is like only one reality can exist at a time, but until it happens, an infinite number of realities are possible. Zorester made it possible for Nick to experience the reality most likely to make him give up the stick. That is incredible power to make that happen. With Zorester gone, the other reality asserted itself.

Now the whole "Blood of a Grimm" thing is more problematic for me as it wasn't earned in that no hint of the spell being about more than the poison. If the room had flashed or changed color, it could have signified that something more than poison was in play. But, we are left scratching our heads regarding Momma Kelly and Aunt Marie. I would have liked even a throwaway line about it. But, it was not addressed or prepared as it should have been.

Hey, they finally digitized the books!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicole_Steinwedell

As for grown-up Diana, Yowsa! I want THAT show....NOW!!!! They couldn't have made a better choice for what Hanna Lloyd might look later in life!! I like that the triplets, Diana and Kelly are in the Wesen-fighting business. I guess Nick and Adalind were good influences on Diana!

PaulGo likes this.

Have a great day and be kind to each other,
-B
TiVo Bolt OTA with Denon AVR 591
My floor speakers, surrounds and sub are Polk brand. Home Theater Seats, needed.
FiOS 150/150 Streaming
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Grimm Season One Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Grimm The Complete Second Season Blu Ray Ultraviolet Widescreen

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page