post #361 of 1612 Old 04-05-2012, 12:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

When I saw that I was thinking. Hey that guy stores sandwiches in his cushion ??? After realizing it was foam, it's definitely a headscratcher and will hopefully be addressed next episode.

It would appear that he didn't get the herbal cure "just in time" after all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 1612 Old 04-05-2012, 04:39 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

When I saw that I was thinking. Hey that guy stores sandwiches in his cushion ??? After realizing it was foam, it's definitely a headscratcher and will hopefully be addressed next episode.

Maybe an homage to an episode of "My Strange Addiction"....there was a woman on that ate the foam out of her furniture cushions.
post #363 of 1612 Old 04-05-2012, 05:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
post #364 of 1612 Old 04-05-2012, 09:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
^That there is funny.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #365 of 1612 Old 04-07-2012, 12:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

After tonite's episode, I am disappointed at this stage of the game.
NOT well thought out, IMO.

post #366 of 1612 Old 04-07-2012, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I don't want to rant, and I've always thought that if someone doesn't like a show they should just stop watching and not rain on anybody else's parade. But Grimm is a special case. I love Greenwalt, and have always thought he didn't get enough credit for Buffy. He created the character of Angel for one thing, and Whedon has said Greenwalt gave Buffy a darker tone than he ever imagined. And then there is Profitt, maybe the darkest, strangest show ever to be on network tv. So I was excited to see him finally return with a series of his own, sure I was going to love it. I was wrong. I've watched faithfully but I have to admit its turned into more of a chore than a pleasure. I mentally groaned last night when they said in the tease "only 6 more episodes"...I'll never make it. I wish I could see what so many of you seem to enjoy about the show and keep reading this thread hoping for a clue on how to connect to the series.Most of you I hold in high regard and I'll freely admit you're smarter than me and have better taste than I'll ever have, so I'm baffled by how you all can love this show when I can barely make it through each episode. I can't even seem to make it a guilty pleasure, darn it...Sorry for the rant, and please don't misunderstand my tone. I want to love this show! If any of you are still with me, I'd weclome any suggestions on how to enjoy it, but realize I've already tried every way I can think of.

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
post #367 of 1612 Old 04-07-2012, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
Quote:

Yep, the girl with the golden goiter wasn't one of the better episodes...a placeholder that had a chance to develop the relationship between Nick and what's her name, but pulled back. Ran in place with Hank, Adalind and Renard and only left one easter egg with Wu eating the paperclip. Oh yeah, a cat and a canary marrying? Had to end well, right? Oregonian wesen are about as smart as the oxy addicts in Harlan County.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

I don't want to rant, and I've always thought that if someone doesn't like a show they should just stop watching and not rain on anybody else's parade. But Grimm is a special case. I love Greenwalt, and have always thought he didn't get enough credit for Buffy. He created the character of Angel for one thing, and Whedon has said Greenwalt gave Buffy a darker tone than he ever imagined. And then there is Profitt, maybe the darkest, strangest show ever to be on network tv. So I was excited to see him finally return with a series of his own, sure I was going to love it. I was wrong. I've watched faithfully but I have to admit its turned into more of a chore than a pleasure. I mentally groaned last night when they said in the tease "only 6 more episodes"...I'll never make it. I wish I could see what so many of you seem to enjoy about the show and keep reading this thread hoping for a clue on how to connect to the series.Most of you I hold in high regard and I'll freely admit you're smarter than me and have better taste than I'll ever have, so I'm baffled by how you all can love this show when I can barely make it through each episode. I can't even seem to make it a guilty pleasure, darn it...Sorry for the rant, and please don't misunderstand my tone. I want to love this show! If any of you are still with me, I'd weclome any suggestions on how to enjoy it, but realize I've already tried every way I can think of.

Thanks, it's nice to recognized as a genius ...Oh, you weren't talking about me ???

I wasn't a Buffy fan, never gave it a chance and was only marginally interested in Angel which I thought was too juvenile. I recognize some similarities in Grimm however. It sucks that you want to like a show, but can't get into it. That's happened several times to me. Anyway, I'm still thinking that there is more to offer with Grimm and what hasn't been revealed or developed will be better than what's been shown. I've been wrong before. A few eps like last night's in a row and I might be coming more toward your side.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #368 of 1612 Old 04-07-2012, 10:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

I wish I could see what so many of you seem to enjoy about the show and keep reading this thread hoping for a clue on how to connect to the series.Most of you I hold in high regard and I'll freely admit you're smarter than me and have better taste than I'll ever have, so I'm baffled by how you all can love this show when I can barely make it through each episode. I can't even seem to make it a guilty pleasure, darn it...Sorry for the rant, and please don't misunderstand my tone. I want to love this show! If any of you are still with me, I'd weclome any suggestions on how to enjoy it, but realize I've already tried every way I can think of.

To be honest, if it wasn't for the fact the story takes place in Portland (30 minutes up the freeway from me) I would have baled long ago.
It's great to see Portland locations I know and have been to.
Unfortunately, there are too many mistakes, too predictable, and too cheesy.

For me, it's like rooting for the home team.
However, there is a limit and I think I have just about reached mine.

Quote:

Oregonian wesen are about as smart as the oxy addicts in Harlan County.

LOL, nice line.

post #369 of 1612 Old 04-07-2012, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
I'm in the "bad episode" camp, too. Finally a chance to watch live, and it didn't deliver. I agree it was opportunity to develop Grimm's relationship with what's-her-name, and it fell flat, and was all the worse with Monroe long-distance. I could have done without this episode entirely, and it didn't work to pull all the characters apart. Well, except for what's-her-name telling Det. Grimm how to do his job, and being so detached in her final scene with him. But I'm hanging on, and looking forward to our local reporter (Brenda Braxton) having a bit part soon.
post #370 of 1612 Old 04-07-2012, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 121
I agree this episode was a misstep but the eps have been pretty good. Don't like this Hank/Adalind business at all. They are pulling this teasing game with Nick and Juliette which has to end. The proposal makes no sense whatsoever with all the Grimm stuff. I'm sticking with the show. And Ron Temple, Buffy was a great show, Firefly was a great show and Angel was very good show.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #371 of 1612 Old 04-07-2012, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

I agree this episode was a misstep but the eps have been pretty good. Don't like this Hank/Adalind business at all. They are pulling this teasing game with Nick and Juliette which has to end. The proposal makes no sense whatsoever with all the Grimm stuff. I'm sticking with the show. And Ron Temple, Buffy was a great show, Firefly was a great show and Angel was very good show.

Firefly was a great show, Angel was marginal. I watched a few Buffy episodes, but teen/tween protagonists just don't have any attraction to me. I'm sure there was some great stuff in there, but it's too late for me now. I detested the doll series as well.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #372 of 1612 Old 04-07-2012, 05:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

The proposal makes no sense whatsoever with all the Grimm stuff.

Agreed.
He really thought the weekend was romantic enough to pop The Question?
Pleeze...

It's those kinds of things that is sinking the ship...

post #373 of 1612 Old 04-07-2012, 11:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:

Agreed.
He really thought the weekend was romantic enough to pop The Question?
Pleeze...

It's those kinds of things that is sinking the ship...

It's slowly sinking by the fact the simple fact the writers continually make him a wuss every week. He's supposed to be a Grimm! His girlfriend now has a weapon and he trusts her with using it but doesn't trust her with his secret of who he is? She even said he's holding back.That's marriage suicide by holding that information back.
post #374 of 1612 Old 04-08-2012, 01:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post

It's slowly sinking by the fact the simple fact the writers continually make him a wuss every week. He's supposed to be a Grimm! His girlfriend now has a weapon and he trusts her with using it but doesn't trust her with his secret of who he is? She even said he's holding back.That's marriage suicide by holding that information back.

Yeah, there are a lot of problems with the writing...

post #375 of 1612 Old 04-09-2012, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Even if the weekend ended up being so romantic (no cat/bird problems), she would have say no to the question...

He must tell her he is a Grimm, and deal with it.. if she wants him fine, if not move along..

I think he'll have a better chance with another supernatural being like him.. how about that reaper? they will have Grimm Reaper children..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #376 of 1612 Old 04-09-2012, 07:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhall1 View Post

Maybe an homage to an episode of "My Strange Addiction"....there was a woman on that ate the foam out of her furniture cushions.

Did anyone notice he ate a paperclip last episode .. ??

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #377 of 1612 Old 04-09-2012, 07:50 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Did anyone notice he ate a paperclip last episode .. ??

Yes!!!

Doug
post #378 of 1612 Old 04-09-2012, 07:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

The girlfriend now needs to be revealed as a Wesen that no Grimm can see .. the dreaded unsichtbarfrau

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #379 of 1612 Old 04-09-2012, 09:02 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

Hows that going to go?
Hey dear, by the way, Portland is filled with monsters that only I can see. I can see them because I'm a decedent of a long line of monster hunters called Grimm's. I'm really not crazy, it's true. My sweet aunt was really a monster killer too and she left me with this trailer filled with medieval weapons and potions and stories of baby eating bad asses. It's true, really it is.
Oh, and she told me I need to kick you to the curb to keep you from becoming monster stew but I'm really hoping that doesn't happen.
Oh yeah, my friend Monroe, he's really a werewolf.
post #380 of 1612 Old 04-09-2012, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 85
You mean blutbad not a werewolf per-se but similar..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #381 of 1612 Old 04-09-2012, 10:27 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Actually I used monsters and werewolf as Wesen, Bauerschwein, Blutbaden, Dämonfeuer, Fuchsbau, Hexenbiest and the rest would have no meaning to someone you were trying to explain things too.
post #382 of 1612 Old 04-09-2012, 11:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by earletp View Post

Actually I used monsters and werewolf as Wesen, Bauerschwein, Blutbaden, Dämonfeuer, Fuchsbau, Hexenbiest and the rest would have no meaning to someone you were trying to explain things too.

They're all just monsters or critters to me...

post #383 of 1612 Old 04-10-2012, 05:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Why does every time Grimm sees a creature change his eyes get realy huge and he acts all shocked? He knows they are out there, what is shocking him so much. It seems to be just a ploy to let the creatures know he can see them based on his reaction.

post #384 of 1612 Old 04-10-2012, 05:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Why does every time Grimm sees a creature change his eyes get realy huge and he acts all shocked? He knows they are out there, what is shocking him so much. It seems to be just a ploy to let the creatures know he can see them based on his reaction.

More a clue to the leads acting ability...

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
post #385 of 1612 Old 04-10-2012, 05:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

You mean the "Oh, crap, another one .. I need a break from these things." look .. ??

Uncle Willie

post #386 of 1612 Old 04-10-2012, 05:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
I think I'd still be shocked too if I was him. It's more along the lines of "I go to the middle of nowhere for a vacation and there are more of them? Really?" or you find out the cute girl at the diner is really a Wesen. I think the minor "shock" he shows would be a real reaction for most of us. Although by next season the lead actor should change it to be more of a "come on, not again" type of look. Assuming he can act.

Scott
post #387 of 1612 Old 04-13-2012, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Guys, forgive me for stumbling into your thread, but I (and my wife) could use some help in getting up to speed on the backstory. Specifically, where it concerns the boss of the detectives and the witch. It appears the boss is up to no good, with the witch being one of his several minions; why are they focusing on Hank, and what is his (the boss's) endgame?

Sorry if this is obvious, we've been unable to see every episode, and we're going to try to make it through the end of the season, so this info would be very helpful. Again, sorry for coming in with such a basic question.
post #388 of 1612 Old 04-13-2012, 04:50 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph View Post

Guys, forgive me for stumbling into your thread, but I (and my wife) could use some help in getting up to speed on the backstory. Specifically, where it concerns the boss of the detectives and the witch. It appears the boss is up to no good, with the witch being one of his several minions; why are they focusing on Hank, and what is his (the boss's) endgame?

Sorry if this is obvious, we've been unable to see every episode, and we're going to try to make it through the end of the season, so this info would be very helpful. Again, sorry for coming in with such a basic question.

Here's the fun part Joseph, we've no idea what the Captain is up to.

So far, all we've been told is that the Captain is some type of royalty. His status seems to give him some sort of fear/respect from those who know who (or what) he really is. At times, we have seen the Captain go out of his way to protect Nick(Grimm), as if he is protecting a key player in some overall scheme that is yet unknown to us.

We don't really know what is going on in regards to their plans for Hank. These are just some of the things that have yet to be revealed to us, the viewers. Although, it seems like they are taking their sweet time developing the story, we're just going to have to hang in there and see what happens.

I hope this helps a bit.
post #389 of 1612 Old 04-13-2012, 04:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Yeah, what he ^ said...

post #390 of 1612 Old 04-13-2012, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Two View Post

Here's the fun part Joseph, we've no idea what the Captain is up to.

So far, all we've been told is that the Captain is some type of royalty. His status seems to give him some sort of fear/respect from those who know who (or what) he really is. At times, we have seen the Captain go out of his way to protect Nick(Grimm), as if he is protecting a key player in some overall scheme that is yet unknown to us.

We don't really know what is going on in regards to their plans for Hank. These are just some of the things that have yet to be revealed to us, the viewers. Although, it seems like they are taking their sweet time developing the story, we're just going to have to hang in there and see what happens.

I hope this helps a bit.

Thanks very much, it helps a great deal. I guess we haven't missed as much as we thought!
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Grimm Season One Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Grimm The Complete Second Season Blu Ray Ultraviolet Widescreen

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page