Old 04-30-2012, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

It's really not spoiler material, I don't think.

I don't think so either as it's not really anything new but I know how some people are.

I think of the Grimms as kinda like the Slayers in the Buffy universe. They have "gifted" physical abilities but if they don't train them and accept them they don't do a whole lot. Another analogy might be "super soldier" ala Captain America. Basically the best a human can achieve.

The way they are building the mythology reminds be very much of season 2 Buffy. I think getting renewed so early really gave the writers the freedom to explore the wider universe vs. worrying if they needed to wrap things up if they didn't get renewed.

Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2012, 06:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonscott87 View Post

I don't think it's his reaction to them that tips them off. I think when they morph their vision changes and they are able to see Nick for what he really is, a Grimm. Because every time he meets a Wesen they never know he's a Grimm until they morph. They just haven't shown us that yet on screen.

It might be interesting for them to do an episode from the perspective of a Wesen - which would include what they see in Nick when he sees them for what they are.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph View Post

It might be interesting for them to do an episode from the perspective of a Wesen - which would include what they see in Nick when he sees them for what they are.

In an interview with Giuntioli (sp?), the Wesen pick up on his reaction to them, which is getting played down as the character develops. He's not acting as surprised, but he does give them a glare and they pick up on it. Plus he's kind of getting a rep in the Wesen community...

http://www.accesshollywood.com/grimm...test-originals

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Either Juliette is one of them or just a regular good old chick.. but I'm guessing she finds out "Dexter Style" problably at the end of the season about Nick being a Grimm (and Monroe being a blutbad)

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
Old 05-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Kib
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Well, that was kind of a letdown from last week, but the girl from the McDonald's 'Mint Milkshake Shamrock Shake' commercial is pretty cute. Odd she didn't show her creature side when Nick first met her.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kib View Post

Odd she didn't show her creature side when Nick first met her.

There has been some "confusion" of when or where Nick can "see" critters....
Somehow, we REALLY need to get some absolute clarification or the series will lose some credibility (IMO).

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
Old 05-05-2012, 07:47 AM
Blues In Thirds

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph View Post

it might be interesting for them to do an episode from the perspective of a wesen - which would include what they see in nick when he sees them for what they are.

+1
Old 05-05-2012, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kib View Post

... Odd she didn't show her creature side when Nick first met her.

I think they tried to "handwave" it away with that comment that "she's a sociopath" and thus presumably doesn't have any emotions to cause her to reveal herself to Nick.

But I'm on board with Oink and Javry, they lose a lot of credibility by breaking their own rules for a silly little plot point of hiding the identity of the killer for a couple of scenes.

And BTW, if Lucinda was supposedly a sociopath, why is it she only acted that way with her stepsisters? She seemed to be perfectly fine with everyone else.

And then we have the continuity error at the end where Nick suddenly has another photo of the Akira dude when the other detective clearly said that the only photo he had was the interpol surveillance photo.

Lot's of disappointments in that episode.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post

I think they tried to "handwave" it away with that comment that "she's a sociopath" and thus presumably doesn't have any emotions to cause her to reveal herself to Nick.

But I'm on board with Oink and Javry, they lose a lot of credibility by breaking their own rules for a silly little plot point of hiding the identity of the killer for a couple of scenes.

And BTW, if Lucinda was supposedly a sociopath, why is it she only acted that way with her stepsisters? She seemed to be perfectly fine with everyone else.

And then we have the continuity error at the end where Nick suddenly has another photo of the Akira dude when the other detective clearly said that the only photo he had was the interpol surveillance photo.

Lot's of disappointments in that episode.

Perhaps the biggest problem with this series is there is too much sloppiness.
Running a "tighter ship" would cure a lot of it, IMO.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
My take is that she was overly protected because was she was so unstable. She might not of even known what a grimm was.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member

I didn't take issue with either of those frankly, didn't even think about it.

1) Lucinda not being revealed to Nick at first: We've seen that before (the cat guy that had the bird lady captured). My understanding from early on is that they are only revealed when they let their emotions get away from themselves and they they aren't controlling their appearance as well. We see that all the time in that they morph mostly when they are angry or emotions run high. If Lucinda was "cool" about the whole thing they she kept the morph under control and Nick didn't see her.

2) As for the newer photo of Akira, I figured he (or Juliette) did some further digging and found another picture of him. No biggy there to me. My impression was the detective only sent him pics that they had on file (20+ yrs old) and really didn't do any further digging (and why would he really).

Scott
Old 05-06-2012, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonscott87 View Post

... My impression was the detective only sent him pics that they had on file (20+ yrs old) and really didn't do any further digging (and why would he really).

The detective in charge of an open murder case shouldn't bother to do any digging to look for the suspects. Interesting.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post

The detective in charge of an open murder case shouldn't bother to do any digging to look for the suspects. Interesting.

My impression (which could be wrong, only watched it once) was that it was a closed but unsolved case (basically a cold case). They wouldn't leave a case active for 20+ years. The detective in NY was just providing Nick with the info he had from 20 yrs ago (he told Juliette that he remembered the case but not all the details which would also indicate that it wasn't currently open and active) was what I got out of it.

Scott
Old 05-08-2012, 06:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

There has been some "confusion" of when or where Nick can "see" critters....
Somehow, we REALLY need to get some absolute clarification or the series will lose some credibility (IMO).

They already explained this, itis when the creatures loose control for a moment or they are distracted through anger, etc. and they slip in their concentration.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:32 AM
Blues In Thirds

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

They already explained this, itis when the creatures loose control for a moment or they are distracted through anger, etc. and they slip in their concentration.

yeah - I think this is true. I personally have a hard time translating Nick into some kinda big bad ass. Also, since he's a Grimm, why are some of the Wesen able to stand up to him?
Old 05-08-2012, 08:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

OK (I have missed some episodes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by javry View Post

Also, since he's a Grimm, why are some of the Wesen able to stand up to him?

I think it's because he is just a "beginner."

Old 05-08-2012, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 33
Quote:

I think it's because he is just a "beginner."

This...plus he's coming along. However, some of these Wesen are fairly dangerous and Grimm's aren't immortal or invulnerable...thus the exotic gear in the trailer to even the odds a bit. Knowledge, an elephant gun, poisoned crossbow and a steampunk hi-frequency cannon is power (or is that are power)...don'tcha know.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Knowledge, an elephant gun, poisoned crossbow and a steampunk hi-frequency cannon is power (or is that are power)...don'tcha know.

LOL (worthy of cracked.com).

Old 05-08-2012, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:

...a steampunk hi-frequency cannon is power (or is that are power)...don'tcha know.

I was disappointed he turned in the weapon as evidence. I guess the writers aren't going to issue a callback to that type Wesen.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post

I was disappointed he turned in the weapon as evidence.

I also found it amusing that they claimed Lucinda used it to commit the murders. If that were the case, how did Spencer use it to break out of the interrogation room? Did he hide it under his coat so cleverly that they couldn't find it when they searched him? Perhaps their explanation was supposed to be that Lucinda used it to break Spencer out from outside the building, but they could probably determine where the sound waves had come from based on the direction the glass shattered. If Nick wanted to portray Spencer and Lucinda as accomplices, he failed to explain why they killed each other, and if Spencer was supposed to be a victim, he failed to explain why Lucinda broke him out of the precinct. This episode probably had the most plot holes, or at least general lack of clarity, of all the episodes thus far.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post

I was disappointed he turned in the weapon as evidence. I guess the writers aren't going to issue a callback to that type Wesen.

+1
I was really disappointed by this also. His aunt collected all this stuff for his use, so turning it in was a REALLY bad idea. I think they should have him face some more of these guys, and have him realize what a very bad idea thrning it in really was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

I also found it amusing that they claimed Lucinda used it to commit the murders. If that were the case, how did Spencer use it to break out of the interrogation room? Did he hide it under his coat so cleverly that they couldn't find it when they searched him? Perhaps their explanation was supposed to be that Lucinda used it to break Spencer out from outside the building, but they could probably determine where the sound waves had come from based on the direction the glass shattered. If Nick wanted to portray Spencer and Lucinda as accomplices, he failed to explain why they killed each other, and if Spencer was supposed to be a victim, he failed to explain why Lucinda broke him out of the precinct. This episode probably had the most plot holes, or at least general lack of clarity, of all the episodes thus far.

That's the first thing I thought of too. How did he break out of interrogation with that device when he could not have had it on him, and it was inside the room, not outside. Still, it was entertaining.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
Old 05-09-2012, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 419
I saw no problem with him turning in the screech-o-matic as evidence, as far as future stories are concerned. He's just going to steal it back after everyone's forgotten about this case. After all, the characters in this show don't seem particularly bright. They probably won't even notice it's missing, let alone connect him to its disappearance.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

as far as future stories are concerned. He's just going to steal it back after everyone's forgotten about this case. After all, the characters in this show don't seem particularly bright. They probably won't even notice it's missing, let alone connect him to its disappearance.

You have a point there.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:32 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
My thought was how stupid are the police - leave him unshackled when they just have frosted glass windows (with no bars) on the interrogation room windows - he could have just thrown a chair through them - no need for the high frequency soundwaves.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 475 Post(s)
Liked: 768
My DVR decided to crap out and chose Friday to do it. None of my Friday shows got recorded. How long does NBC make you wait before airing the latest episode on their website?

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
Old 05-13-2012, 01:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

My DVR decided to crap out and chose Friday to do it. None of my Friday shows got recorded. How long does NBC make you wait before airing the latest episode on their website?

Man...that totally sucks.

I don't really know when re-runs are...re-run (I missed quite a few of the beginning episodes)

I will say this Friday's episode was an excellent spin-up for the season finale...

Old 05-13-2012, 06:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

A day. It's on Hulu right now.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Man...that totally sucks.

I don't really know when re-runs are...re-run (I missed quite a few of the beginning episodes)

I will say this Friday's episode was an excellent spin-up for the season finale...

Yeah, I need to call DirecTV on Monday and schedule a service call. It's always something.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

A day. It's on Hulu right now.

Thanks, I will try and watch it tonight. For Fringe, Fox makes it available 8 days after it aired. Or if you're a Hulu subscriber (I'm not) the day after. I'm trying to remember what shows I record on Friday and track them down.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I got caught in that with Fringe until they changed it to the day after (with Plus). It would seem better for the network to let it come out 5-6 days after, so folks would have the potential to catch up and start watching live. I always sort of thought the 7-8 day was a negotiated position more favorable to Hulu as you are then caught on that treadmill (unless you skip, pay for itunes/amazon, or go the other way)...

v/r,
C-F

Tags
Grimm Season One Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Grimm The Complete Second Season Blu Ray Ultraviolet Widescreen