Forum Jump: 
 96Likes

post #481 of 1848 Old 05-13-2012, 07:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 163
So the coming attractions show that Nick is finally going to come clean to Juliette. Sure took his time. Hopefully, this is done well.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 1848 Old 05-13-2012, 07:36 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I realize it's for a couple weeks ago, but has anyone told Weekly World News that Bat Boy is back? Or asked his opinion on the Presidential race?
post #483 of 1848 Old 05-14-2012, 12:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by asterion View Post

I realize it's for a couple weeks ago, but has anyone told Weekly World News that Bat Boy is back? Or asked his opinion on the Presidential race?

No need to tell WWN...Bat Boy told me Sasquatch will win....

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #484 of 1848 Old 05-14-2012, 02:11 AM
Blues In Thirds

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

So the coming attractions show that Nick is finally going to come clean to Juliette. Sure took his time. Hopefully, this is done well.

Looks like they're going to turn it into a love story
post #485 of 1848 Old 05-14-2012, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Yeah Nick should gather Juliette and Hank with Monroe present and tell them what's going on...

Juliette is closer to finding out by her own, Hank just saw one, they can now properly explain why is Monroe hanging around with Nick.. he could do a quickie transform there..

"yeah, there are people in the world that have secret "Vessen" identities, it's a fact, most of them are criminals that's why I encounter them like every week"

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #486 of 1848 Old 05-16-2012, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Doesn't look good for our girl Juliette - those scratches appear to be wolf .... and ya know what that means!!!!

"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud." - C.G.Jung

post #487 of 1848 Old 05-16-2012, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

ROFL I don't know why I wrote Morgan, I guess I'm obsessed a bit with Dexter..

post #488 of 1848 Old 05-16-2012, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 518 Post(s)
Liked: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

You could also have passed it off as a subtle jab at Nothing But Chuck.
post #489 of 1848 Old 05-17-2012, 02:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

And that will cost you 2 demerits, sir...

post #490 of 1848 Old 05-18-2012, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltownsend View Post

Doesn't look good for our girl Juliette - those scratches appear to be wolf .... and ya know what that means!!!!

OMG that was GRIMMILISHOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best ep so far and can't wait to the return in July!!!

"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud." - C.G.Jung

post #491 of 1848 Old 05-18-2012, 09:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 91
I had the opposite reaction, I really disliked the whole thing. The minute I saw the woman in black I knew it was his mom, too obvious. The whole 3 coins thing was over the top in the sense that if someone had them they certainly are not going to drop it in the kitchen drawer with the silverware. I guess they wanted to redo the sets for next season seems like 75% of them were trashed.
post #492 of 1848 Old 05-18-2012, 11:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post

I had the opposite reaction, I really disliked the whole thing. The minute I saw the woman in black I knew it was his mom, too obvious. The whole 3 coins thing was over the top in the sense that if someone had them they certainly are not going to drop it in the kitchen drawer with the silverware. I guess they wanted to redo the sets for next season seems like 75% of them were trashed.

A lot was obvious. Not sure why Nick was all of a sudden fighting better and seemed stronger. I liked the ideas, not the execution.

post #493 of 1848 Old 05-19-2012, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Was catching up on some other shows last night until 9:40. Looked on my list and found that Grimm hadn't recorded. Looked on my Guide and found that baseball had pre-empted it in my area...As vs Giants. My wife said, "Oh, it's broadcast on Ch36 tonite, didn't you see the banner yesterday" GRRRR . So I guess I'll have to watch on my computer...GRRRR

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #494 of 1848 Old 05-19-2012, 07:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

Was catching up on some other shows last night until 9:40. Looked on my list and found that Grimm hadn't recorded. Looked on my Guide and found that baseball had pre-empted it in my area...As vs Giants. My wife said, "Oh, it's broadcast on Ch36 tonite, didn't you see the banner yesterday" GRRRR . So I guess I'll have to watch on my computer...GRRRR

Luckily you can watch it immediately.

post #495 of 1848 Old 05-20-2012, 12:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Didn't like the Juliette-fainting-at-the-moment-of-the-reveal shtick.

Yes, Nick is getting more "competent" at beatdowns, and he should be.
Otherwise, this Grimms Are Bada$$ thing will fall apart.

What the heck happened to the Capt.?
Why wasn't he part of the solution (considering he was a target)?
Glaring error, will be hard to explain away IMO.

Nice to see Bree Turner will be coming back....

post #496 of 1848 Old 05-20-2012, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 537 Post(s)
Liked: 817
Yeah, I was waiting for the capt. to break out of his bonds and open a can of whoop ass on Kimura. But he just took the beating and quite possibly would have been killed if Wu hadn't shown up.

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
post #497 of 1848 Old 05-20-2012, 04:42 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

I wrote ONE negative post THREE WEEKS AGO Some did respond to it but its been quite some time since it has been mentioned. And you've projected from that one post "years of complaining?" Settle down, its not going to happen.

Not sure why you even responded to my post since I wasn't replying to you. I guess you must just feel guilty . The fact is that after following the program threads in AVS for over 11 years now a very clear pattern is established. The people who are on the fence and complaining initially end up never really being happy and continue complaining for the duration. My point was that I'd rather see a few more mediocre episodes early on just to get rid of them so they don't hang around bitching for the entire run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

One of us must have missed something. When I was watching it, it looked to me like Nick was shocked and had to turn his head to the side to avoid showing off his surprise, but he was still so obvious that the Varrick easily identified him as a Grimm, which was why he told off the captain for hiding Nick's abilities in their subsequent phone conversation. I got the impression that he didn't know about Nick until they met.

Quote:

The fact that the camera still takes the time to look at him being wide-eyed with surprise every time he sees something with his powers makes me believe that his reaction is still the only thing giving him away.

Quote:

In an interview with Giuntioli (sp?), the Wesen pick up on his reaction to them, which is getting played down as the character develops. He's not acting as surprised, but he does give them a glare and they pick up on it. Plus he's kind of getting a rep in the Wesen community...

http://www.accesshollywood.com/grimm...test-originals

I rest my case . It's been very clear that Nick's reactions have gone from outright fright in the early episodes to simply a look of recognition in the latter episodes. In the last few he's barely even registered that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post

I think they tried to "handwave" it away with that comment that "she's a sociopath" and thus presumably doesn't have any emotions to cause her to reveal herself to Nick.

But I'm on board with Oink and Javry, they lose a lot of credibility by breaking their own rules for a silly little plot point of hiding the identity of the killer for a couple of scenes.

And BTW, if Lucinda was supposedly a sociopath, why is it she only acted that way with her stepsisters? She seemed to be perfectly fine with everyone else.

And then we have the continuity error at the end where Nick suddenly has another photo of the Akira dude when the other detective clearly said that the only photo he had was the interpol surveillance photo.

Lot's of disappointments in that episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Perhaps the biggest problem with this series is there is too much sloppiness.
Running a "tighter ship" would cure a lot of it, IMO.

Quote:

OK (I have missed some episodes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonscott87 View Post

I didn't take issue with either of those frankly, didn't even think about it.

1) Lucinda not being revealed to Nick at first: We've seen that before (the cat guy that had the bird lady captured). My understanding from early on is that they are only revealed when they let their emotions get away from themselves and they they aren't controlling their appearance as well. We see that all the time in that they morph mostly when they are angry or emotions run high. If Lucinda was "cool" about the whole thing they she kept the morph under control and Nick didn't see her.

2) As for the newer photo of Akira, I figured he (or Juliette) did some further digging and found another picture of him. No biggy there to me. My impression was the detective only sent him pics that they had on file (20+ yrs old) and really didn't do any further digging (and why would he really).

Nice! The ACDC fan making sense and having to explain things to the whiners who blame their own sloppy viewing on the writers

Just caught up on the last couple ep last night. I thought they did a pretty good job of showing why Nick couldn't "just tell her" about his secret at the drop of a hat. Willl be interesting to see what Juliette has become now. Nick's mom seemed to still have her Grimm skills/power pretty well honed. Also that little promo after the last ep with David Giuntoli saying he hoped the producers allow him to be more aggressive in going after the Wesen next season was probably a good sign.

ron
post #498 of 1848 Old 05-20-2012, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What the heck happened to the Capt.?
Why wasn't he part of the solution (considering he was a target)?
Glaring error, will be hard to explain away IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Yeah, I was waiting for the capt. to break out of his bonds and open a can of whoop ass on Kimura. But he just took the beating and quite possibly would have been killed if Wu hadn't shown up.

There's never been any indication that he has powers of any kind, to my knowledge. His only influence seems to be in his heritage, which doesn't help him in situations with people who don't care about the Wesen social structure. I don't think it was an error; he really would have died if Wu hadn't shown up, because he couldn't do anything to save himself. Even if he is a Wesen of some kind, he's apparently some wimpy breed that can't do much.

It wouldn't entirely surprise me though if the Wesen aristocracy is actually comprised of normal humans, which would explain why there's so much secrecy and general loathing directed at them. The only reason they're in power is because of their Verrat henchmen. When isolated, they're easy pickings for the Wessen who don't fear the Verrat, which is why he doesn't reveal his background to anyone by choice.
post #499 of 1848 Old 05-21-2012, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

And it seems Grimms get better with age, mom could easily beat Nick....

So what Juliette is turning into some kind of Vessen? I don't think Hexenbiest, if you just could be turned into one Adelyn should let herself get scratched then.. LOL

post #500 of 1848 Old 05-21-2012, 12:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Guess he isn't the butt-kicker we thought he was...

Quote:
Originally Posted by R11 View Post

My point was that I'd rather see a few more mediocre episodes early on just to get rid of them so they don't hang around bitching for the entire run

MY point is I don't heart "mediocre episodes."

Quote:
Nice! The ACDC fan making sense and having to explain things to the whiners who blame their own sloppy viewing on the writers

Just caught up on the last couple ep last night.

Irony...where art thou irony?

Quote:

There's never been any indication that he has powers of any kind, to my knowledge. His only influence seems to be in his heritage, which doesn't help him in situations with people who don't care about the Wesen social structure. I don't think it was an error; he really would have died if Wu hadn't shown up, because he couldn't do anything to save himself. Even if he is a Wesen of some kind, he's apparently some wimpy breed that can't do much.

OK, then why is he called a sheriff?
That implies the power to "keep the peace."

Quote:
It wouldn't entirely surprise me though if the Wesen aristocracy is actually comprised of normal humans, which would explain why there's so much secrecy and general loathing directed at them. The only reason they're in power is because of their Verrat henchmen. When isolated, they're easy pickings for the Wessen who don't fear the Verrat, which is why he doesn't reveal his background to anyone by choice.

That's interesting...

post #501 of 1848 Old 05-21-2012, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

OK, then why is he called a sheriff?
That implies the power to "keep the peace."

I was under the impression that he was only part of law enforcement in the human world. If there's been mention of him having similar duties in the Wesen world, then I guess I missed it.
post #502 of 1848 Old 05-21-2012, 04:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I was under the impression that he was only part of law enforcement in the human world. If there's been mention of him having similar duties in the Wesen world, then I guess I missed it.

From Wikipedia:
Captain Sean Renard, Nick's politically adept superior officer and a member of the creature community of unknown origin. Nick is totally unaware of his status and he seems to be a potential threat. In episode 12, he is addressed as Your Highness, further implying that he belongs to royalty in the creature community. He seems to want a return to the old ways.

post #503 of 1848 Old 05-22-2012, 12:08 AM
AVS Special Member

That quote references his status as royalty, but it says nothing about him being a "sheriff", as you called him.
post #504 of 1848 Old 05-22-2012, 01:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

That quote references his status as royalty, but it says nothing about him being a "sheriff", as you called him.

LOL, really?
I expect more....

post #505 of 1848 Old 05-22-2012, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 261
Not a bad final episode, I think I would prefer if Nick's wife and partner actually knew. They still definitely need more of Monroe, man that guy just makes this show for me!

post #506 of 1848 Old 05-22-2012, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

LOL, really?
I expect more....

Now it's my turn.
post #507 of 1848 Old 05-28-2012, 06:20 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The first episode is on tonight at 10:00.
post #508 of 1848 Old 05-29-2012, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I never understand why networks, when repeating episodes, doesn't show them in the right sequence.

It was good rewatching the pilot last night and I would have loved to watch the second episode - but they are airing episode 15.

A really big WTH???

post #509 of 1848 Old 05-31-2012, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 33
minor spoilers for S2 from the showrunner's...

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  

Hank's having issues and it's gonna get worse before it gets better...

We'll find out quite a bit more about the Captain early on...

Nick's gonna blossum into his Grimmness...

Mom isn't a normal mom...don't say if she's going to be around very long

S2 picks up in the same scene as we left...immediately after "Mom?"

They are mum about Juliette's dilemma...

Adalind is in the wind, maybe for awhile...

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #510 of 1848 Old 05-31-2012, 05:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

minor spoilers for S2 from the showrunner's...

Spoiler  

Hank's having issues and it's gonna get worse before it gets better...

We'll find out quite a bit more about the Captain early on...

Nick's gonna blossum into his Grimmness...

Mom isn't a normal mom...don't say if she's going to be around very long

S2 picks up in the same scene as we left...immediately after "Mom?"

They are mum about Juliette's dilemma...

Adalind is in the wind, maybe for awhile...

NO NO NO NO.....I ain't gonna look.

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Grimm Season One Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Grimm The Complete Second Season Blu Ray Ultraviolet Widescreen

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page