'Grimm' on NBC HD - Page 46 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews > HDTV > HDTV Programming > 'Grimm' on NBC HD

HDTV Programming

oink's Avatar oink
11:29 PM Liked: 1010
post #1351 of 2063
01-25-2014 | Posts: 27,845
Joined: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

I'd stop rubbing that goop on it. Just saying.
I told you to stop doing that a long time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhunter8 View Post

I'm thinking Monroe's parents can't be very happy with him right now. Marrying a Fuchsbau AND hanging out with a Grimm. That's a lot for Blutbaden parents to take. biggrin.gif
Yes, it is.

Man, Rosalee is cute as all get out.
IF only I was younger....tongue.gif
John dhein's Avatar John dhein
04:49 AM Liked: 84
post #1352 of 2063
01-26-2014 | Posts: 477
Joined: Jul 2006
Maybe it's just me, but, Monroe's mom did not look like a Blutbad.
tomhunter8's Avatar tomhunter8
06:48 AM Liked: 211
post #1353 of 2063
01-26-2014 | Posts: 929
Joined: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

I'd stop rubbing that goop on it. Just saying.
I told you to stop doing that a long time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhunter8 View Post

I'm thinking Monroe's parents can't be very happy with him right now. Marrying a Fuchsbau AND hanging out with a Grimm. That's a lot for Blutbaden parents to take. biggrin.gif
Yes, it is.

Man, Rosalee is cute as all get out.
IF only I was younger....tongue.gif

....and of course, Wesen. biggrin.gif
Tom Imp's Avatar Tom Imp
08:38 AM Liked: 65
post #1354 of 2063
01-26-2014 | Posts: 2,174
Joined: May 2003
I have to say, that ending was a bit lazy. I mean Nick has seen all kinds of Wesen and he would have to assume that Monroe's parents are as well, yet he jumps when Monroe's dad turns. Come on, like he would be surprised at this point and unable to hide any confirmation that he knows. rolleyes.gif
rdclark's Avatar rdclark
08:56 AM Liked: 207
post #1355 of 2063
01-26-2014 | Posts: 4,194
Joined: Sep 2003
Nick had no reason to know that Monroe's parents were even there, or who those Wesen (who appeared immediately hostile) were. Of course he would go immediately defensive when attacked on presumably friendly turf.
Tom Imp's Avatar Tom Imp
09:29 AM Liked: 65
post #1356 of 2063
01-26-2014 | Posts: 2,174
Joined: May 2003
But Monroe specifically said to Nick as he entered the house that they were his parents. It's not like Nick walked in and two strangers immediately turned.
rdclark's Avatar rdclark
10:06 AM Liked: 207
post #1357 of 2063
01-26-2014 | Posts: 4,194
Joined: Sep 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

But Monroe specifically said to Nick as he entered the house that they were his parents. It's not like Nick walked in and two strangers immediately turned.

You're right, but it did all happen very fast.
bonscott87's Avatar bonscott87
07:51 PM Liked: 24
post #1358 of 2063
01-26-2014 | Posts: 3,966
Joined: Oct 2000

It doesn't matter if you know who someone is, they surprise you like that you'll be taken aback too.


Aleron Ives's Avatar Aleron Ives
10:32 PM Liked: 543
post #1359 of 2063
01-26-2014 | Posts: 3,423
Joined: Oct 2009
Is it a bad sign that I care most about the C plot? I really don't care if Nick catches the Wessen of the week, and I don't care what happens with Adalind's baby. She's definitely this season's Juliette now, and they've wasted so much time on that stupid baby that it had better be able to shoot lasers from its eyes or something when it's born, or it will make no sense how badly everyone seems to want it. I'd be happier if part two was entirely about Monroe and Rosalie, but I sadly know it won't be.
oink's Avatar oink
01:54 AM Liked: 1010
post #1360 of 2063
01-27-2014 | Posts: 27,845
Joined: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhunter8 View Post

....and of course, Wesen. biggrin.gif
True.biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

I have to say, that ending was a bit lazy. I mean Nick has seen all kinds of Wesen and he would have to assume that Monroe's parents are as well, yet he jumps when Monroe's dad turns. Come on, like he would be surprised at this point and unable to hide any confirmation that he knows. rolleyes.gif
I think what he was going to do is what he always does in this situations.
"Hey, I'm a nice Grimm!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

I'd be happier if part two was entirely about Monroe and Rosalie, but I sadly know it won't be.
You're right.
DrLar's Avatar DrLar
07:15 AM Liked: 141
post #1361 of 2063
01-27-2014 | Posts: 4,192
Joined: Nov 2006
I love Rosalee also, and she's my right age, I'm not Wesen but hey I could handle some weirdness.

Man the episode went so fast, looked at the clock and nothing was resolved I just knew this was going to be a 2 parter..
Tom Imp's Avatar Tom Imp
08:36 AM Liked: 65
post #1362 of 2063
01-27-2014 | Posts: 2,174
Joined: May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

I really don't care if Nick catches the Wessen of the week,

Maybe it's because like I stated earlier in the thread, none of the Wesen are any challenge for him. Seriously, he dispatches of the nastiest, and sometime, multiple Wesen like it's nothing. I guranteee when Nick faces off against this scalper Wesen, the fight is dominated and over within 20-30 seconds.
bonscott87's Avatar bonscott87
06:59 AM Liked: 24
post #1363 of 2063
01-28-2014 | Posts: 3,966
Joined: Oct 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post




Maybe it's because like I stated earlier in the thread, none of the Wesen are any challenge for him. Seriously, he dispatches of the nastiest, and sometime, multiple Wesen like it's nothing. I guranteee when Nick faces off against this scalper Wesen, the fight is dominated and over within 20-30 seconds.

 

It'll be interesting to see how they deal with that going forward and keep things....interesting.  The Grimm mythos are just that though, they take out Wesen like no tomorrow so Nick is getting to where he should be.  And thus why most wesen fear a Grimm like it's a death sentence.  But then again, like pretty much any show the main character isn't in any real danger of being offed so this show is really no different then any other. 


DDD's Avatar DDD
07:53 AM Liked: 27
post #1364 of 2063
01-28-2014 | Posts: 326
Joined: Jan 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post

Maybe it's just me, but, Monroe's mom did not look like a Blutbad.

 

I didn't think she looked like a ~~ Wieder Blutbad either.

 

Of course, Dee Wallace looked like this when she was in "The Howling"

 


Tom Imp's Avatar Tom Imp
07:22 AM Liked: 65
post #1365 of 2063
03-01-2014 | Posts: 2,174
Joined: May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

I may be in a separate boat here, but I think there needs to be some Wesen introduced that even Nick has trouble handling. It's getting kinda predictable knowing that no matter what he goes up against, he's gonna have no problem taking out. Hell, there were three of the nastiest Wesen known and he had no issue against them all. Sure, he had a minor assist from Hank on the last one, but still he was wiping the floor with them.

Finally they mixed things up a bit. Even one on one, Nick was getting his ass handed to him last night. Would have been interesting to see how much of a matchup it would have been had Nick turned into Undead Grimm Nick.
Kascnef82's Avatar Kascnef82
01:06 PM Liked: 40
post #1366 of 2063
03-01-2014 | Posts: 838
Joined: Aug 2012
I watched all of grimm last night. Pretty good show. Great morphing effects. I hope NBC keeps this show on Friday nights at 9. I have a TV crush on Bitsie Tulloch and Bree Turner. The sound mixing on the show is pretty good. Sucks that they extend the running time of the show with commercials to 10:01 pm, where it competes against the #1 show on Fridays, Blue Bloods, which has lost some steam.
oink's Avatar oink
12:40 AM Liked: 1010
post #1367 of 2063
03-02-2014 | Posts: 27,845
Joined: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kascnef82 View Post

I have a TV crush on Bitsie Tulloch Claire Coffee and Bree Turner.
FIXED.tongue.gif
Aleron Ives's Avatar Aleron Ives
03:18 PM Liked: 543
post #1368 of 2063
03-02-2014 | Posts: 3,423
Joined: Oct 2009
I never realised until now how dedicated Monroe is to his relationship. Rosalie's spice shop must be in the next state, because he left in the middle of the day and didn't get back to his house until after dark. He must really be in love to endure such a long commute. biggrin.gif
oink's Avatar oink
04:02 PM Liked: 1010
post #1369 of 2063
03-02-2014 | Posts: 27,845
Joined: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

I never realised until now how dedicated Monroe is to his relationship. Rosalie's spice shop must be in the next state, because he left in the middle of the day and didn't get back to his house until after dark. He must really be in love to endure such a long commute. biggrin.gif
I noticed that too.

IIRC, Monroe and Nick met Monroe's Dad on the front porch of the house in the daylight.
Walk inside the house, close the door and it's night outside.biggrin.gif
DrLar's Avatar DrLar
09:20 AM Liked: 141
post #1370 of 2063
03-03-2014 | Posts: 4,192
Joined: Nov 2006
I gather Nick FIRST met Monroe's dad at day, later he returned to Monroe's house, dad was there so a few hours passed

So, just cutting the Wessen's hair killed them? that was fast! I thought they'll become "normal" and "killable" after that, just like Samson
oink's Avatar oink
09:45 AM Liked: 1010
post #1371 of 2063
03-03-2014 | Posts: 27,845
Joined: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

So, just cutting the Wessen's hair killed them? that was fast! I thought they'll become "normal" and "killable" after that, just like Samson
FWIW, I would have preferred decapitation...but that's just me.tongue.gif
Waboman's Avatar Waboman
01:51 PM Liked: 1463
post #1372 of 2063
03-03-2014 | Posts: 7,909
Joined: Sep 2005
Was hoping for more of an epic battle between Nick and the "hair" Wessen.
oink's Avatar oink
04:14 PM Liked: 1010
post #1373 of 2063
03-03-2014 | Posts: 27,845
Joined: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Was hoping for more of an epic battle between Nick and the "hair" Wessen.
+1
lonwolf615's Avatar lonwolf615
09:59 AM Liked: 131
post #1374 of 2063
03-07-2014 | Posts: 4,521
Joined: Aug 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I noticed that too.

IIRC, Monroe and Nick met Monroe's Dad on the front porch of the house in the daylight.
Walk inside the house, close the door and it's night outside.biggrin.gif

wacky place, that Portland.
oink's Avatar oink
10:46 AM Liked: 1010
post #1375 of 2063
03-07-2014 | Posts: 27,845
Joined: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post



wacky place, that Portland.

lonwolf615's Avatar lonwolf615
10:59 AM Liked: 131
post #1376 of 2063
03-07-2014 | Posts: 4,521
Joined: Aug 2001
^^^ that should be in the opening credits of the show smile.gif

clearly, a royal wessen.
oink's Avatar oink
11:06 AM Liked: 1010
post #1377 of 2063
03-07-2014 | Posts: 27,845
Joined: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

clearly, a royal Darkside wessen.
FIXED.
Tom Imp's Avatar Tom Imp
08:13 AM Liked: 65
post #1378 of 2063
03-08-2014 | Posts: 2,174
Joined: May 2003
Drew Wu? Seriously?
oink's Avatar oink
09:51 AM Liked: 1010
post #1379 of 2063
03-08-2014 | Posts: 27,845
Joined: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

Drew Wu? Seriously?
Apparently....tongue.gif
Keenan's Avatar Keenan
10:29 AM Liked: 566
post #1380 of 2063
03-08-2014 | Posts: 28,870
Joined: Aug 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

Drew Wu? Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Apparently....tongue.gif
Yeah, that had me scratching my head the whole episode, where they heck did they come up with that name?


From Zap2It,

'Grimm' Season 3: Reggie Lee discusses 'Mommy Dearest' shocker and Wu's first name reveal
Tags: Grimm Season One Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Grimm The Complete Second Season Blu Ray Ultraviolet Widescreen

Reply HDTV Programming

Subscribe to this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3