'Grimm' on NBC HD - Page 52 - AVS Forum
First ... 50  51  52 53  54  ... Last
HDTV Programming > 'Grimm' on NBC HD
oink's Avatar oink 09:45 AM 04-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkingRat View Post

Adalind acts as much like an attorney as Juliette acts like a vet.
Very true.biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Yet Nick brings another pretty girl home and Juliette face shows it, she seems young for Nick but anything could happen, I wonder if Grimms are attracted to each other?
A very good question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

They are family but what if it's his 2nd or 3rd cousin?
It hasn't been explained how the process of Grimmhood works.

Quote:
Woo gets brought into the circle (left that that poor man to think he was crazy)
I hope not.
It would change his character considerably and possibly not for the better.wink.gif

rdclark's Avatar rdclark 04:00 PM 04-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

It hasn't been explained how the process of Grimmhood works.

Too true, because no story has required such an explanation. I'm simply hoping that, just like the advent of Faith clarified how the Slayer thing functioned, the introduction of Trubel will force the writers to have Nick say some things out loud that will help fill in the background of Grimms.

The biggest gap, for me, is this: the need for Grimms is obviously world-wide, yet there seem to very few of them, and they are not organized. There are no Watchers, just Nick's mom, her sister, and a trailer. There was a reason the one Slayer was where she was: the Hellmouth.

If only Portland has a Grimm, is it because all the Wessen are somehow migrating to Portland? If not, why is there no apparent evidence of nasty Wessen running amok unchecked everywhere else? If there are Grimms everywhere, why doesn't one of them organize an International Association of Grimms for mutual support and information? They could have conventions and everything. Heck, why doesn't Nick ask the Captain to tell him more about the historical background of all this?

Ach. The more I think about this, the more annoying it gets. It's impossible to believe Nick wouldn't mine the Captain for information about the Wessen/Grimm milieu, as well as study everything in the trailer. Nick must understand everything by now. Which means the writers are purposefully not sharing with us, the audience.

Which brings me back to Trubel being the perfect opportunity for some infodumps from Nick. If they're not forthcoming, I may find it too frustrating to continue.
daryl zero's Avatar daryl zero 05:42 PM 04-28-2014
The nature of these universes are difficult to invent. I remember with Buffy trying to figure out how Kendra and Faith were apparently already slayers even before Buffy "died." The whole thing was iffy.
I really got miffed at the ubervampires who initially seemed too much for a slayer and then were easily taken down by slayers and non-slayers alike.
Its tough to put together a coherent universe especially when you're not sure the show will survive a season.
Overall, we fans are way too whiny about this. Its just fiction!! Stop thinking too much about it!!
rdclark's Avatar rdclark 06:51 PM 04-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

The nature of these universes are difficult to invent. I remember with Buffy trying to figure out how Kendra and Faith were apparently already slayers even before Buffy "died." The whole thing was iffy.
I really got miffed at the ubervampires who initially seemed too much for a slayer and then were easily taken down by slayers and non-slayers alike.
Its tough to put together a coherent universe especially when you're not sure the show will survive a season.
Overall, we fans are way too whiny about this. Its just fiction!! Stop thinking too much about it!!

I'm willing to cut them all sorts of slack, but we're most of the way through the third season. It's past time to fill in some blanks.
mgkdragn's Avatar mgkdragn 09:02 AM 04-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdclark View Post

If only Portland has a Grimm, is it because all the Wessen are somehow migrating to Portland?

Which would explain why it seems like every second person is a Wessen .. wink.gif
lonwolf615's Avatar lonwolf615 10:09 AM 04-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Which would explain why it seems like every second person is a Wessen .. wink.gif

I'm starting to wonder about oink...
Waboman's Avatar Waboman 03:52 PM 04-29-2014
Oink's a Bauerschwein. I knew it.

Aleron Ives's Avatar Aleron Ives 01:11 AM 04-30-2014
I'm not surprised over the introduction of a Faith-esque angle, since Faith was co-created by David Greenwalt, and he's also responsible for this show.
hooked01's Avatar hooked01 06:05 AM 04-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

I'm not surprised over the introduction of a Faith-esque angle, since Faith was co-created by David Greenwalt, and he's also responsible for this show.

So basically Nick is going to teach and train her and then she's going to betray him and side with the enemy, including a new sinister person with influence...I don't know...maybe even...a Mayor???
CANNON-FODDER's Avatar CANNON-FODDER 06:33 AM 04-30-2014
TV Teen-Angst Union requires it.
lonwolf615's Avatar lonwolf615 09:26 AM 04-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

Good point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

So basically Nick is going to teach and train her and then she's going to betray him and side with the enemy, including a new sinister person with influence...I don't know...maybe even...a Mayor???

She will have to hook up with either Hank or Woo also...smile.gif
b5fan001's Avatar b5fan001 12:52 PM 04-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

Good point.

She will have to hook up with either Hank or Woo also...smile.gif

About time Hank got some action..........although the actress is nowhere near as hot as Clare Coffee:

earletp's Avatar earletp 09:25 AM 05-02-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by earletp View Post

unless you live in the Portland area, in that case we get game 3 of the Blazers/Rockets series.
If the local station follows normal patterns, Grimm will be show at somewhere around 2 or 3 AM on Saturday.

Heads up in Portland, we're now up to game 6 and according to Comcast's guide, Grimm will be shown at 2:07am, Sat.
oink's Avatar oink 10:42 AM 05-02-2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N5KyjM5v0c
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Oink's a Bauerschwein. I knew it.

Thank you, new avatar.biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by earletp View Post

Heads up in Portland, we're now up to game 6 and according to Comcast's guide, Grimm will be shown at 2:07am, Sat.
Thanx for the heads-up.smile.gif
Waboman's Avatar Waboman 04:04 PM 05-02-2014
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N5KyjM5v0c
Thank you, new avatar.biggrin.gif
Thanx for the heads-up.smile.gif

Your new avatar is easy pickings for some Blutbaden.

That video made me laugh.
oink's Avatar oink 04:29 PM 05-02-2014
Quote:

Your new avatar is easy pickings for some Blutbaden.
I'm no easy pickings, sir.

Quote:
That video made me laugh.
Me too.cool.gif
Waboman's Avatar Waboman 11:53 PM 05-02-2014
"Trouble" officially bugs me.
oink's Avatar oink 11:55 PM 05-02-2014
Quote:

"Trouble" officially bugs me is troubling.
FIXED.
Waboman's Avatar Waboman 12:17 AM 05-03-2014
Quote:

FIXED.

Fixed me, will ye. Well, that is tribbling.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

earletp's Avatar earletp 09:52 AM 05-03-2014
What? Not clever enough?

Teresa Ruble > T. Ruble > Truble smile.gif
lonwolf615's Avatar lonwolf615 10:38 AM 05-03-2014
That might be my favorite Grimm ever. The world is ready for a new slayer. smile.gif
Kib's Avatar Kib 07:17 PM 05-03-2014
Quote:
If there are Grimms everywhere, why doesn't one of them organize an International Association of Grimms for mutual support and information?
Almost a trademark infringement...

rdclark's Avatar rdclark 11:55 PM 05-03-2014
So apparently she's going to learn about Grimmness mostly off-camera? Nick's answers to direct questions will be "I don't know?"

And we conveniently have a case of Wessenality involving teenage girls just when we have a new teenage girl on the team. Nice job, writers.

Has there ever been a show where the characters were more ignorant of who they are, where they come from, and what they're supposed to be doing?
John dhein's Avatar John dhein 02:54 AM 05-04-2014
Quote:

So apparently she's going to learn about Grimmness mostly off-camera? Nick's answers to direct questions will be "I don't know?"

And we conveniently have a case of Wessenality involving teenage girls just when we have a new teenage girl on the team. Nice job, writers.

Has there ever been a show where the characters were more ignorant of who they are, where they come from, and what they're supposed to be doing?

Lost?
rdclark's Avatar rdclark 09:01 AM 05-04-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post

Lost?

Good one. Didn't think of Lost because I bailed on it after the beginning of the third season. But at least on Lost, the characters were supposed to be confused and uninformed, no?

Here, with Grimm, I can't decode what the writers are trying to say about Nick's degree of understanding of his Grimmitude. At the beginning of the series, he was a total noob. But he has the Trailer of Knowledge (did they almost say "to the Bat-Trailer!" in this last episode?). So now after several years (or however long it's been in Portland -- the passage of time is another obscure aspect of this series) Nick has... what? Learned everything about the history and practice of Grimmidermy, understands it all, and is ready to pass it on to his Padawan?

And was there really nothing in the books about what Wessen see In Grimm Eyes (the light, the heat)...? It still seems like whenever the writers want to actually tell the audience something about this world and its lore, they have Monroe or Ros do it.

It feels like there really is no underlying rulebook to any of this, and Nick can't explain anything to the audience because the writers don't have any explanations to put in his mouth.
DrLar's Avatar DrLar 07:32 AM 05-05-2014
ROFL at the Wesen on this thread, Oink, lonwolf of course a Blutbad and Waboman some kind of fish based Wesen.

I'm still deciding which Wesen I would like to be, maybe I just be a Grimm and hook up with T.Ruble
oink's Avatar oink 08:58 AM 05-05-2014
Quote:

Fixed me, will ye. Well, that is tribbling.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I bow to superior wit.biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

The world is ready for a new slayer. smile.gif
Agreed, this opens up great possibilities.
Wonder what the Captain will do when he finds out?

BTW, there will only ever be one "slayer."wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kib View Post

Almost a trademark infringement...

Nice one.tongue.gif
lonwolf615's Avatar lonwolf615 09:57 AM 05-05-2014
Quote:

I bow to superior wit.biggrin.gif
Agreed, this opens up great possibilities.
Wonder what the Captain will do when he finds out?

BTW, there will only ever be one "slayer."wink.gif
Nice one.tongue.gif

You mean Faith, right? smile.gif
mgkdragn's Avatar mgkdragn 10:25 AM 05-05-2014
Quote:

Good one. Didn't think of Lost because I bailed on it after the beginning of the third season. But at least on Lost, the characters were supposed to be confused and uninformed, no?

Here, with Grimm, I can't decode what the writers are trying to say about Nick's degree of understanding of his Grimmitude. At the beginning of the series, he was a total noob. But he has the Trailer of Knowledge (did they almost say "to the Bat-Trailer!" in this last episode?). So now after several years (or however long it's been in Portland -- the passage of time is another obscure aspect of this series) Nick has... what? Learned everything about the history and practice of Grimmidermy, understands it all, and is ready to pass it on to his Padawan?

And was there really nothing in the books about what Wessen see In Grimm Eyes (the light, the heat)...? It still seems like whenever the writers want to actually tell the audience something about this world and its lore, they have Monroe or Ros do it.

It feels like there really is no underlying rulebook to any of this, and Nick can't explain anything to the audience because the writers don't have any explanations to put in his mouth.

Great post ..

I hope "Trouble" gets a better name at some point .. eek.gif
mgkdragn's Avatar mgkdragn 10:28 AM 05-05-2014
I'm hoping for a new Wessen .. Beeroschwein .. their heads are like a red solo cup .. wink.gif
Tags: Grimm Season One Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Grimm The Complete Second Season Blu Ray Ultraviolet Widescreen
First ... 50  51  52 53  54  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop