Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post

Lost?
LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdclark View Post

Here, with Grimm, I can't decode what the writers are trying to say about Nick's degree of understanding of his Grimmitude. At the beginning of the series, he was a total noob. But he has the Trailer of Knowledge (did they almost say "to the Bat-Trailer!" in this last episode?). So now after several years (or however long it's been in Portland -- the passage of time is another obscure aspect of this series) Nick has... what? Learned everything about the history and practice of Grimmidermy, understands it all, and is ready to pass it on to his Padawan?
It's obvious Nick isn't a Quick Study.

Quote:
It feels like there really is no underlying rulebook to any of this, and Nick can't explain anything to the audience because the writers don't have any explanations to put in his mouth.
They can't put it in his mouth when it's coming out of their arse...it ain't sanitary.tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

You mean Faith, right? smile.gif
Is there any other rogue Slayer?wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Beeroschwein ..
I can't believe I didn't come up with that.frown.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1562 of 1676 Old 05-05-2014, 04:01 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 55

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post

Lost?

Good one. Didn't think of Lost because I bailed on it after the beginning of the third season. But at least on Lost, the characters were supposed to be confused and uninformed, no?

Here, with Grimm, I can't decode what the writers are trying to say about Nick's degree of understanding of his Grimmitude. At the beginning of the series, he was a total noob. But he has the Trailer of Knowledge (did they almost say "to the Bat-Trailer!" in this last episode?). So now after several years (or however long it's been in Portland -- the passage of time is another obscure aspect of this series) Nick has... what? Learned everything about the history and practice of Grimmidermy, understands it all, and is ready to pass it on to his Padawan?

And was there really nothing in the books about what Wessen see In Grimm Eyes (the light, the heat)...? It still seems like whenever the writers want to actually tell the audience something about this world and its lore, they have Monroe or Ros do it.

It feels like there really is no underlying rulebook to any of this, and Nick can't explain anything to the audience because the writers don't have any explanations to put in his mouth.

Nick is obviously somewhat uninformed and still learning.  It seems clear that the books are basically just handwritten notes on the various Wesson from past Grimm about their encounters, not all-encompassing "Grimmology" text books.  How would the Grimm know about the eyes unless they were told by a Wesson?  They have made it quite clear that Grimms and Wesson have always been exclusively mortal enemies until Nick/Monroe broke the mold and became friends.  So it's not necessarily a stretch that the notes in his books wouldn't detail the specifics of exactly how Wesson identified them.

Certainly the writers did give an explanation, it just didn't come from the mouth you apparently wanted it to...  If you want the whole rulebook upfront, you should just give up now because it's a TV show and you're not going to get it.  They're always going to fill in the blanks as things go on/come up, and you will remain frustrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

Its tough to put together a coherent universe especially when you're not sure the show will survive a season.
Overall, we fans are way too whiny about this. Its just fiction!! Stop thinking too much about it!!

Heh, heh... Exactly.  Some viewers want wholly realized, paint by the numbers, everything spelled out for them universes right away. It always amazes me how a certain segment of the viewing population can only enjoy a show that answers all questions, and in short order.  They can't just relax, go with the flow and enjoy the ride, and instead apparently get all fidgety and nervous watching shows when they don't know exactly what is going on, or why certain thing are happening as they are at all times!  I suspect they have little imagination....  Where most people might actually try to think about reasons why something might be the way it is, they just get frustrated instead.  They probably have a strong disdain for savoring things and don't chew their food enough either!   I'm just glad I'm not one of the overly analytic types, as having to view all types of shows with grim(m) seriousness would be a sad, limiting curse, and take away a lot of the less-serious TV viewing fun for me....

ron

post #1563 of 1676 Old 05-05-2014, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by R11 View Post

Quote:

Nick is obviously somewhat uninformed and still learning.  It seems clear that the books are basically just handwritten notes on the various Wesson from past Grimm about their encounters, not all-encompassing "Grimmology" text books.  How would the Grimm know about the eyes unless they were told by a Wesson?  They have made it quite clear that Grimms and Wesson have always been exclusively mortal enemies until Nick/Monroe broke the mold and became friends.  So it's not necessarily a stretch that the notes in his books wouldn't detail the specifics of exactly how Wesson identified them.

Grimms have been hearing Wessen shout "Grimm!" at them for generations. And treating them as vermin with no rights. You don't think some Grimm wasn't willing to torture a Wessen some time in the past to learn the vital information "how do they know I'm a Grimm" and then put it in a journal for subequent generations to benefit from?

I enjoy many aspects of this show and certainly think everyone else has the right to do the same, but trying to suggest that they way they tell this story actually stands up under even casual scrutiny is, IMO, hard to defend.

I know all about "it is what it is." I also think it is something that could be better.

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

post #1564 of 1676 Old 05-05-2014, 11:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I also think it is something that could be better.
Agreed.

post #1565 of 1676 Old 05-06-2014, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Yeah, but its gotta stay on to get better. The first season, being a genre show assigned to a "prime" Friday night time slot, I think all the showrunners were concerned with was staying on the air. They threw everything at the wall hoping something would stick, and when something did, they went with it. Now, feeling more comfortable with a sizeable fan base(at least for NBC) they are getting into the mythology. Remember when they said this wouldn't be a serial show? Now, nothing gets resolved until its been beaten to death over countless episodes. That's something they still need to work on, but my point is they had to ensure the ratings were good enough to stay on air. I think (or hope) they have done that, and can now make the show the way they always wanted to. Fingers crossed...

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
post #1566 of 1676 Old 05-06-2014, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Liked: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

Remember when they said this wouldn't be a serial show? Now, nothing gets resolved until its been beaten to death over countless episodes.

The tapeworm monsters from last week got "resolved" pretty quickly. wink.gif This show still relies on monster-of-the-week plots for almost every episode. It's a far cry from a serial drama.
post #1567 of 1676 Old 05-10-2014, 11:44 PM
AVS Special Member

We spent half the season dwelling on Adalind getting her powers back, and we're rewarded with another Adalind-messes-with-Juliette plot? She should have stayed human so as to not waste any more of our time.
post #1568 of 1676 Old 05-11-2014, 04:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 139
The Adalind storylines have never interested me. The idea of Adalind taking on the appearance of Juliette made me do an eye roll.

However, I'm loving the addition of Trubel and I'd really like to know more about the old man Grimm who said he couldn't do what his father and grandfather did and how his son shows no Grimm characteristics.
post #1569 of 1676 Old 05-11-2014, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Adalind needs to die. For the good of the show. Soon.
tomhunter8 likes this.
post #1570 of 1676 Old 05-11-2014, 04:52 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 429
I agree with those who'd like to see Adalind disappear, I'm tired of her storylines. Her baby has some interest for me, but it's time for her to go. Maybe Nick will get so annoyed that he will separate her head from her shoulders and we'll finally be done with her.

Bonus points: maybe Truble will do it for him! biggrin.gif
post #1571 of 1676 Old 05-11-2014, 09:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 645
Agree. I've been an Adalind supporter... until now. She needs to go.

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
post #1572 of 1676 Old 05-12-2014, 04:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Two questions:
Do other Wessen see the involuntary Woge?
Would a Grimm see the involuntary Woge of someone under a disguise spell (that she is using)?

Because then the writers can score keenan's bonus points and all kinds of "To Be Continued" drama if Truble sees Adalind Woge at the wedding and lops off her head (sorry oink), while everyone else missed it...

v/r
C-F

post #1573 of 1676 Old 05-12-2014, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Remember that Adalind needs to "de-grimm" Nick somehow, maybe the only way is to bite him in the lips back, the only way she could get that close is a Juliette suit...

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #1574 of 1676 Old 05-12-2014, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNON-FODDER View Post

Two questions:
Do other Wessen see the involuntary Woge?
Would a Grimm see the involuntary Woge of someone under a disguise spell (that she is using)?

Because then the writers can score keenan's bonus points and all kinds of "To Be Continued" drama if Truble sees Adalind Woge at the wedding and lops off her head (sorry oink), while everyone else missed it...

v/r
C-F

That could be the only way they might redeem the storyline for me. I'm completely bored with Adalind , good to see I'm not alone.

post #1575 of 1676 Old 05-12-2014, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 106
I guess you guys aren't enjoying Claire Coffee almost cloth-less lately :P

(I think I rewind that scene with Renard a couple of times )

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #1576 of 1676 Old 05-12-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

I guess you guys aren't enjoying Claire Coffee almost cloth-less lately :P

(I think I rewind that scene with Renard a couple of times )

She does nothing for me. I'm not saying I'd kick her out of bed, but, I think there are about 1500 better looking women on tv. I just don't think she is hot. There are 3 women on THIS SHOW that I think are hotter than Ms Coffee. And I normally dig blonds.
post #1577 of 1676 Old 05-12-2014, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Judging by everyone's speculation, I guess nobody else watched the preview for this week's episode. I don't see any hope of the finale resolving Adalind's involvement. If anything, it's just going to make her that much more entrenched. Ugh.
post #1578 of 1676 Old 05-12-2014, 03:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Sorry, I haven't got to my DVR yet....frown.gif

post #1579 of 1676 Old 05-12-2014, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

I would normally not consider previews spoiler-worthy, but since you haven't gotten to your DVR yet...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Adalind apparently has sex with Nick as Juliette, and then Juliette is mad that Nick didn't know it was her. Maybe Adalind wants another miracle baby? rolleyes.gif I sense more Adalind angst coming next season. frown.gif
post #1580 of 1676 Old 05-12-2014, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

I would normally not consider previews spoiler-worthy, but since you haven't gotten to your DVR yet...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Adalind apparently has sex with Nick as Juliette, and then Juliette is mad that Nick didn't know it was her. Maybe Adalind wants another miracle baby? rolleyes.gif I sense more Adalind angst coming next season. frown.gif

I presume the reason for the spoiler activity is to comply with what Prince Victor told her to do a couple of eps ago.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #1581 of 1676 Old 05-16-2014, 09:19 PM

She should have been killed when they took her spawn.
post #1582 of 1676 Old 05-17-2014, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 115

I guess Trubel will have to handle the Grim duties over the Summer. ;)

post #1583 of 1676 Old 05-17-2014, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Didn't like the final episode. Grimm without his powers is stupid and cliché. It has been done so many times. Why was she sooooo stunned coming into the wedding and seeing everyone turning as vessen? They talked about it, she knew vessen were getting married, she new Vessen would be there, she knows what they are. She was like stunned there were vessen at a vessen wedding. If the vial was that important she could of walked up to him and ignored everyone. And no, the vessen did not interfere until she stopped walking, looked stunned, and still didn't move. Plenty of time to get to Nick, but no, just stand in the back shouting. Just lame all around for us and we were sighing so many times. Was hoping for a lot more then this.

post #1584 of 1676 Old 05-17-2014, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 65

In her defense, she's never been surrounded or seen as many Vessen together in one place before, and she froze. As much as we would have liked her to reach Nick in time, her's was an understandable reaction.

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
post #1585 of 1676 Old 05-17-2014, 11:16 PM
AVS Special Member

This could be the setup for the best season of Grimm yet: with Nick de-Grimmified, he and Juliette can leave to lead a normal life, Adalind can fly off to Germany never to be heard from again when the Royals kill her after she lands, Renard is already dead, and Wu is about to discover that Wessen are real. This leaves Trubel, Wu, Rosalie, and Monroe to form a new Scoobie gang free from the annoyances of the first three seasons while Hank becomes the new captain. Hey, I can dream, right? tongue.gif
Stereodude and Doug Wallen like this.
post #1586 of 1676 Old 05-18-2014, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:

This could be the setup for the best season of Grimm yet: with Nick de-Grimmified, he and Juliette can leave to lead a normal life, Adalind can fly off to Germany never to be heard from again when the Royals kill her after she lands, Renard is already dead, and Wu is about to discover that Wessen are real. This leaves Trubel, Wu, Rosalie, and Monroe to form a new Scoobie gang free from the annoyances of the first three seasons while Hank becomes the new captain. Hey, I can dream, right? tongue.gif

More reasoning and care than the writers ever did. Good Job.
post #1587 of 1676 Old 05-18-2014, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes, please smile.gif

post #1588 of 1676 Old 05-23-2014, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
in the bay area Grimm gets preempted by Giants baseball and I wonder if anybody knows where it will be show instead of on NBC?
Last week, they gave a notice that I saw when I taped the game but did nothing for me to watch it when it was aired. I think it is short
sighted and stupid of nbc bay area to do this so stupidly.

when you always do what you've alway done, you always get what you always got.
post #1589 of 1676 Old 05-23-2014, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithhr View Post

in the bay area Grimm gets preempted by Giants baseball and I wonder if anybody knows where it will be show instead of on NBC?
Last week, they gave a notice that I saw when I taped the game but did nothing for me to watch it when it was aired. I think it is short

Last week was the season finale...Dateline gets blown to 2 hours each Friday starting tonight.n

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
post #1590 of 1676 Old 05-23-2014, 11:28 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithhr View Post

When Grimm was still airing they would put it on KICU when KNTV carried the Giants game, but they always scheduled Hannibal to air on KNTV which drives me nuts as every game has run over into the Hannibal airtime. I've had to catch Hannibal showings via OnDemand about 3 or 4 times since baseball started back up.
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Grimm Season One Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Grimm The Complete Second Season Blu Ray Ultraviolet Widescreen

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page