54Likes

post #1621 of 1742 Old 09-14-2014, 04:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
I'll take Theresa over Adalind any day of the week. I'm so tired of Claire Coffee's terrible acting and her character's stupid storylines bogging down the show.
PREACH ON!!!

She has been the worst thing about this show filled with so much goodness, since her first appearance. I was overjoyed when she first was beaten, and seemed to be gone. When she returned, I almost gave up on the show. I really find it hard to believe that she still has a job. I can only assume the use incredible oral skills on her behalf by someone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 1742 Old 09-14-2014, 07:25 AM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
I'll take Theresa over Adalind any day of the week. I'm so tired of Claire Coffee's terrible acting and her character's stupid storylines bogging down the show.
She feels like a waste of time, she lost her powers only to have it returned to her with this long, boring process and then they make a big deal about her baby and Nick's mom only shows up to take it away again, and Adalind doesn't develop or anything, she's pretty much the same as when the show started. The same with the vague Royals storyline that just never seems to go anywhere and we're already 3+ seasons in.
post #1623 of 1742 Old 09-14-2014, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayGuy View Post
Sooooooooo, I'm not the only one who dislikes some of the characters on that show, eh?

BTW, What got you into the B5 world? Love that show. Re-watch periodically.

I started watching the show from the beginning. Best show ever! The only show I have loved nearly as much is LOST. I prefer serialized storytelling to "episode of the week" style. B5 had a five year plan (shrunk to four because of cancellation fears) that worked marvelously!! B5 helped make LOST possible. LOST makes shows like GRIMM easier for producers to get permission from networks to carry over storylines.
ltownsend and Aryn Ravenlocke like this.
post #1624 of 1742 Old 09-14-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:

I'd watch Claire Coffee make a bowl of soup over anything they do with that Teresa nightmare. If the producers think she is great they must be as gay as their logo at the end of the show.

BTW, WTH is that all about!

-B5
post #1625 of 1742 Old 09-14-2014, 12:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by b5fan001 View Post

I started watching the show from the beginning. Best show ever! The only show I have loved nearly as much is LOST. I prefer serialized storytelling to "episode of the week" style. B5 had a five year plan (shrunk to four because of cancellation fears) that worked marvelously!! B5 helped make LOST possible. LOST makes shows like GRIMM easier for producers to get permission from networks to carry over storylines.
JMS had the vision, no doubt. A four year mystery novel on TV. Lots of good characters, especially Londo and G'Kar, both of whom became something completely different than what they were when they started. Have you read any of the novels? Vir is fleshed out quite a bit more in the afterstories.

I see you chose a pic with the first Captain and not the second? On purpose?
ltownsend likes this.
post #1626 of 1742 Old 09-14-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
JMS had the vision, no doubt. A four year mystery novel on TV. Lots of good characters, especially Londo and G'Kar, both of whom became something completely different than what they were when they started. Have you read any of the novels? Vir is fleshed out quite a bit more in the afterstories.

I see you chose a pic with the first Captain and not the second? On purpose?
Nope....it was just the first one I found to link to. I liked both captains. But JMS was right that one captain couldn't hold all the threads he had planned for him. Especially with him (as Valen) being in Delenn's bloodline. No romance there (ick!). So, Sheridan became a better choice.

My favorite episode is Za Ha Dum. That episode was the high point for me. When Sheridan jumped into the hole with his wife walking toward him flanked by two Shadows....I was outta my seat!! i still take that one out to watch every few months. I can tell you that when that very last episode rolled around I was crying along with everyone on the show.

"If you go to Za Ha Dum, you will die." -Kosh
ltownsend likes this.
post #1627 of 1742 Old 09-14-2014, 12:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I'd watch Claire Coffee make a bowl of soup over anything they do with that Teresa nightmare. If the producers think she is great they must be as gay as their logo at the end of the show.

BTW, WTH is that all about!

-B5
You really think she COULD make a bowl of soup? I doubt it! At least not a good bowl of soup. She's got "people" for that!

And what's with the Coffee fetish?

post #1628 of 1742 Old 09-14-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
You really think she COULD make a bowl of soup? I doubt it! At least not a good bowl of soup. She's got "people" for that!

And what's with the Coffee fetish?
Nothing beats a nice Coffee. Blond, Slim, Great legs and a killer smile. And the stuff made with beans is ok too!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Claire Coffee.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	262490  

Last edited by b5fan001; 09-14-2014 at 12:53 PM.
post #1629 of 1742 Old 09-14-2014, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Nope....it was just the first one I found to link to. I liked both captains. But JMS was right that one captain couldn't hold all the threads he had planned for him. Especially with him (as Valen) being in Delenn's bloodline. No romance there (ick!). So, Sheridan became a better choice.
It should have always been a threesome ... with all the religious overtones, it was a natural. A Jesuit in charge of the Mimbari! What fun!

I love the Za Ha Dum ep, too. The scene you describe is about as creepy as it gets, the wife who isn't your wife coming to get you and turn you into a ...thing, ugh. My fav ep was the end of the Mimbari civil war. I just love the character of Neroon, his journey, his enlightenment, and finally, his sacrifice, saving DeLenn and the entire Mimbari people.

That said, I think the greatest story was told in the movie, "In the Beginning". Fabulous story telling and so integral to the story arc. Londo is such a fascinating character.

As to the final episode, I may have shed a manly tear or two .. it's that damn music, so full of pathos and loss, you'd have to be dead (or deaf) to not be affected.

Last edited by RayGuy; 09-14-2014 at 01:29 PM.
post #1630 of 1742 Old 09-14-2014, 01:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Nothing beats a nice Coffee. Blond, Slim, Great legs and a killer smile. And the stuff made with beans is ok too!!
Just don't see it. Maybe in a bar after 6 drinks .. but I'd regret it in the morning. She's yours! Enjoy!

Perhaps it's because I don't drink coffee?
b5fan001 likes this.
post #1631 of 1742 Old 09-14-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
It should have always been a threesome ... with all the religious overtones, it was a natural. A Jesuit in charge of the Mimbari! What fun!

I love the Za Ha Dum ep, too. The scene you describe is about as creepy as it gets, the wife who isn't your wife coming to get you and turn you into a ...thing, ugh. My fav ep was the end of the Mimbari civil war. I just love the character of Neroon, his journey, his enlightenment, and finally, his sacrifice, saving DeLenn and the entire Mimbari people.

That said, I think the greatest story was told in the movie, "In the Beginning". Fabulous story telling and so integral to the story arc. Londo is such a fascinating character.

As to the final episode, I may have shed a manly tear or two .. it's that damn music, so full of pathos and loss, you'd have to be dead (or deaf) to not be affected.
The First season episode that locked me into the show was named "Signs and Portents." When that Shadow ship appeared and cut that raider ship to pieces, I knew i was getting into something special!
ltownsend likes this.
post #1632 of 1742 Old 09-14-2014, 01:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
The First season episode that locked me into the show was named "Signs and Portents." When that Shadow ship appeared and cut that raider ship to pieces, I knew i was getting into something special!
For me, it was the Vorlon. Surrounded in mystery, all powerful (or so it seemed), all knowing (pretty much), and for all intents and purposes, a living, "breathing" god.

Kosh Naranit? Last name fail!

"We are all Kosh".
ltownsend and Aryn Ravenlocke like this.

Last edited by RayGuy; 09-14-2014 at 02:06 PM.
post #1633 of 1742 Old 09-14-2014, 10:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
For me, it was the Vorlon. Surrounded in mystery, all powerful (or so it seemed), all knowing (pretty much), and for all intents and purposes, a living, "breathing" god.

Kosh Naranit? Last name fail!

"We are all Kosh".
Hey, guys, take B5 off line. This is the Grimm thread.
tomhunter8 likes this.
post #1634 of 1742 Old 09-15-2014, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Just don't see it. Maybe in a bar after 6 drinks .. but I'd regret it in the morning. She's yours! Enjoy!
Actually, she's this guy's.

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

post #1635 of 1742 Old 09-15-2014, 04:21 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
My favorite episode is Za Ha Dum. That episode was the high point for me. When Sheridan jumped into the hole with his wife walking toward him flanked by two Shadows....I was outta my seat!!
That was the best episode but I think the show went downhill starting in season 4. It is my number 1 pet peeve when characters come back from the grave and it completely took away from Sheridan's sacrifice to have him come back.

And to say something on topic, I emphasize everyone else's frustration with the Royals/baby storyline on Grimm. And why is this baby so special, I presume royals have kids all the time.
ltownsend likes this.
post #1636 of 1742 Old 09-15-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
And to say something on topic, I emphasize everyone else's frustration with the Royals/baby storyline on Grimm. And why is this baby so special, I presume royals have kids all the time.
I think the main point of the frustration is how vague and drawn out it is, it's been going on for at least 3 seasons now and we barely know much about what's going on, all we get is the same old cryptic dialogue and then that they're after this special baby that took up most of last season only for Nick's mom to take it away off screen back to wherever she disappeared from, and Adalind just does the same thing she did back in S1 wasting all of our time on her pointless character arc of having Nick taking away her power and stopping her in the first place.
post #1637 of 1742 Old 09-15-2014, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 409
Should we take bets on how many episodes it will be before Nick gets his powers back? Will it have been an entirely pointless cliffhanger (as the one from season 2 was) where the situation gets resolved immediately in the season premiere, will Nick's quest to regain his powers become season 4's "Please make it stop," storyline that everybody wants to end, ala Juliette's memory loss and Adalind's quest to regain her powers, or will it be somewhere in between? Who knows? Does anybody even care? This show is not one that leaves you with bated breath, after all.
Machuran likes this.
post #1638 of 1742 Old 09-15-2014, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Should we take bets on how many episodes it will be before Nick gets his powers back? Will it have been an entirely pointless cliffhanger (as the one from season 2 was) where the situation gets resolved immediately in the season premiere, will Nick's quest to regain his powers become season 4's "Please make it stop," storyline that everybody wants to end, ala Juliette's memory loss and Adalind's quest to regain her powers, or will it be somewhere in between? Who knows? Does anybody even care? This show is not one that leaves you with bated breath, after all.
Either way, they've cornered themselves yet again and unfortunately they've also sidelined the main characters: Nick is depowered for the time being, Monroe and Rosalee are left to the wayside with their subplot, Hank barely even has much to do even after joining the group, Juliette is just there and unfortunately they restarted the same drama again, and all we're left with is Teresa carrying the show.
post #1639 of 1742 Old 09-16-2014, 12:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgefamus View Post
Hey, guys, take B5 off line. This is the Grimm thread.
It's the offseason ... give us a break. What, not enough Coffee pics for you?
post #1640 of 1742 Old 09-16-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machuran View Post
Either way, they've cornered themselves yet again and unfortunately they've also sidelined the main characters: Nick is depowered for the time being, Monroe and Rosalee are left to the wayside with their subplot, Hank barely even has much to do even after joining the group, Juliette is just there and unfortunately they restarted the same drama again, and all we're left with is Teresa carrying the show.
I think if everyone takes a look at the links I posted from the Creator/Writers, you will see they do NOT plan to get Nick's powers quickly.

You will also see that they have a whole Wesen KKK plot created for Monroe and Rosealee. Their union is not looked upon kindly in some quarters of the Wesen community. They are not going to be sidelined.

Hank is finally getting a love interest that might stick around for a while. At least they said that. As a black guy, I'm just glad the "black guy always dies" trope is less likely to play out here. Looking back at the last three seasons, I don't think Hank has had any action.

Third wheel black guy.......the werewolf gets action, the hero gets action........the black guy.......friend. Makes me laugh!!

-B

"I'm the one black guy. Do you know how precarious that makes my situation?"T-Dog, The Walking Dead
post #1641 of 1742 Old 09-16-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
Actually, she's this guy's.
Lucky Dog!
post #1642 of 1742 Old 09-16-2014, 02:47 PM

Quote:
I think if everyone takes a look at the links I posted from the Creator/Writers, you will see they do NOT plan to get Nick's powers quickly.

You will also see that they have a whole Wesen KKK plot created for Monroe and Rosealee. Their union is not looked upon kindly in some quarters of the Wesen community. They are not going to be sidelined.

Hank is finally getting a love interest that might stick around for a while. At least they said that. As a black guy, I'm just glad the "black guy always dies" trope is less likely to play out here. Looking back at the last three seasons, I don't think Hank has had any action.

Third wheel black guy.......the werewolf gets action, the hero gets action........the black guy.......friend. Makes me laugh!!

-B

"I'm the one black guy. Do you know how precarious that makes my situation?"T-Dog, The Walking Dead
So they're planning on dragging it out then, I never said it would be rushed but it was an either or situation. Like I said before, they've cornered themselves with Nick and the gang with the way they set things up. The way the writers handled things, Teresa is pretty much the only character that can do much in this show for the time being after the way the finale went down in terms of actual Grimm stuff.

Hank's LI pretty much was there for a quickie and then disappeared for the rest of the season without any follow up.

As for Monroe and Rosalee, they're isolated in their own subplot and Nick already has his own problems to deal with whatever they're stuck with.
post #1643 of 1742 Old 09-16-2014, 04:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokar View Post
That was the best episode but I think the show went downhill starting in season 4. It is my number 1 pet peeve when characters come back from the grave and it completely took away from Sheridan's sacrifice to have him come back.
Sheridan's resurrection is perfectly consistent with the religious context of the show.

Now, back to the subject at hand.
Aryn Ravenlocke likes this.

Last edited by RayGuy; 09-16-2014 at 04:22 PM.
post #1644 of 1742 Old 09-16-2014, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Liked: 726
Who's Sheridan?

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
post #1645 of 1742 Old 09-16-2014, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Sheridan's resurrection is perfectly consistent with the religious context of the show.

Now, back to the subject at hand.
There is always the interesting way that shows look at religion. GRIMM basically ignores all religion. LOST borrowed from all religions. B5 respected religion. I liked that. There is one episode in a church that know but that was about a very bad Wesen.
post #1646 of 1742 Old 09-16-2014, 07:28 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Who's Sheridan?
They're talking about Babylon 5, nothing to do with Grimm.
post #1647 of 1742 Old 09-16-2014, 07:31 PM

Cool Binge Watching GRIMM

Hey Gang,

I've watched Seasons One and Two on Amazon Prime over the last six weeks. Season three will be available soon and I will get through that too.

I originally started because I wanted to introduce my cousin the show. We watched episodes 1 through 4 from season one and then I was hooked all over again. Finished season two a couple weeks ago. Now I'm waiting for season three to go Prime. It is supposed to come on Prime in the next couple weeks.

With Season 4 of NBC's Friday night monster-mash hit, Grimm, premiering October 24th, Amazon Primers can catch up on all of Season 3 a month ahead of time. Last season, Grimm ended with a wedding, a shootout, and a big reveal that have had fans anxious about all summer. Now the time to start your binge and/or re-watch.

Season three is coming September 24th to Prime so I will have a month to get through season three before season four premieres.

Cool!!!

-B
post #1648 of 1742 Old 09-16-2014, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Liked: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
They're talking about Babylon 5, nothing to do with Grimm.
Thanks Kee. Never seen Babylon 5. Was wracking my brain trying to figure out how I missed this character?

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
post #1649 of 1742 Old 09-16-2014, 09:03 PM

Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Quote:

This is easily one of my favorite shows of all time. It's a shame TNT didn't get their hands on it before the 5-year story was wrapped at the end of season 4. The "new" season 5 just didn't click as nicely.
post #1650 of 1742 Old 09-16-2014, 09:22 PM

Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Quote:

-B

I'm not a big fan of the cliffhanger that the writers set up last season. Nick being without his powers is an interesting 1-2 story arc. Beyond that, it's going to be difficult (but by no means impossible) to keep Nick's story an engaging one, especially with Juliette drama to detract from him getting "fixed" in a hurry. After all, if he isn't a Grimm, now they can "be together without worry". (Yeah right...)

Teresa needs to go, or at least she needs to be scaled down IMHO. This show is best with Nick and Monroe up front, Hank and Rosalee supporting, and the Captain Renard providing official cover.

I'm so done with Coffee's character. This time she needs to simply just die - and stay dead.

Same goes with the Juliette drama. Either she's with Nick or she isn't. This back-and-forth based on developments that cover a few minutes of screen time in a season is getting old.

It's time for the Royals storyline to come out into the open. It doesn't have to be resolved by any means. But it can't keep being this "behind the scenes" story that just keeps popping in once and a while without giving even the slightest inkling of what it is all about. It reminds me of the "Conspiracy Stories" on X-Files.

Monroe and Rosalee having their own story seems like it could be fun. It just needs to not make the show divided into two halves though, the Wessen half and the Nick half.

I think the story that might have my interest the most right now is Sergeant Wu. How much longer is he able to keep it together and how does his character develop knowing what he does now, even if no one else realizes he has a clue now?
Machuran likes this.
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Grimm Season One Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Grimm The Complete Second Season Blu Ray Ultraviolet Widescreen

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page