'Grimm' on NBC HD - Page 55 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 9Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1621 of 1638 Old Yesterday, 03:18 AM
Senior Member
 
John dhein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 'Sconsin
Posts: 440
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
I'll take Theresa over Adalind any day of the week. I'm so tired of Claire Coffee's terrible acting and her character's stupid storylines bogging down the show.
PREACH ON!!!

She has been the worst thing about this show filled with so much goodness, since her first appearance. I was overjoyed when she first was beaten, and seemed to be gone. When she returned, I almost gave up on the show. I really find it hard to believe that she still has a job. I can only assume the use incredible oral skills on her behalf by someone.
John dhein is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1622 of 1638 Old Yesterday, 06:25 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
I'll take Theresa over Adalind any day of the week. I'm so tired of Claire Coffee's terrible acting and her character's stupid storylines bogging down the show.
She feels like a waste of time, she lost her powers only to have it returned to her with this long, boring process and then they make a big deal about her baby and Nick's mom only shows up to take it away again, and Adalind doesn't develop or anything, she's pretty much the same as when the show started. The same with the vague Royals storyline that just never seems to go anywhere and we're already 3+ seasons in.
Machuran is online now  
post #1623 of 1638 Old Yesterday, 10:56 AM
Member
 
b5fan001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayGuy View Post
Sooooooooo, I'm not the only one who dislikes some of the characters on that show, eh?

BTW, What got you into the B5 world? Love that show. Re-watch periodically.

I started watching the show from the beginning. Best show ever! The only show I have loved nearly as much is LOST. I prefer serialized storytelling to "episode of the week" style. B5 had a five year plan (shrunk to four because of cancellation fears) that worked marvelously!! B5 helped make LOST possible. LOST makes shows like GRIMM easier for producers to get permission from networks to carry over storylines.
b5fan001 is offline  
post #1624 of 1638 Old Yesterday, 11:20 AM
Member
 
b5fan001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
I'll take Theresa over Adalind any day of the week. I'm so tired of Claire Coffee's terrible acting and her character's stupid storylines bogging down the show.

I'd watch Claire Coffee make a bowl of soup over anything they do with that Teresa nightmare. If the producers think she is great they must be as gay as their logo at the end of the show.

BTW, WTH is that all about!

-B5
b5fan001 is offline  
post #1625 of 1638 Old Yesterday, 11:23 AM
Advanced Member
 
RayGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by b5fan001 View Post

I started watching the show from the beginning. Best show ever! The only show I have loved nearly as much is LOST. I prefer serialized storytelling to "episode of the week" style. B5 had a five year plan (shrunk to four because of cancellation fears) that worked marvelously!! B5 helped make LOST possible. LOST makes shows like GRIMM easier for producers to get permission from networks to carry over storylines.
JMS had the vision, no doubt. A four year mystery novel on TV. Lots of good characters, especially Londo and G'Kar, both of whom became something completely different than what they were when they started. Have you read any of the novels? Vir is fleshed out quite a bit more in the afterstories.

I see you chose a pic with the first Captain and not the second? On purpose?
RayGuy is offline  
post #1626 of 1638 Old Yesterday, 11:35 AM
Member
 
b5fan001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayGuy View Post
JMS had the vision, no doubt. A four year mystery novel on TV. Lots of good characters, especially Londo and G'Kar, both of whom became something completely different than what they were when they started. Have you read any of the novels? Vir is fleshed out quite a bit more in the afterstories.

I see you chose a pic with the first Captain and not the second? On purpose?
Nope....it was just the first one I found to link to. I liked both captains. But JMS was right that one captain couldn't hold all the threads he had planned for him. Especially with him (as Valen) being in Delenn's bloodline. No romance there (ick!). So, Sheridan became a better choice.

My favorite episode is Za Ha Dum. That episode was the high point for me. When Sheridan jumped into the hole with his wife walking toward him flanked by two Shadows....I was outta my seat!! i still take that one out to watch every few months. I can tell you that when that very last episode rolled around I was crying along with everyone on the show.

"If you go to Za Ha Dum, you will die." -Kosh
b5fan001 is offline  
post #1627 of 1638 Old Yesterday, 11:38 AM
Advanced Member
 
RayGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by b5fan001 View Post

I'd watch Claire Coffee make a bowl of soup over anything they do with that Teresa nightmare. If the producers think she is great they must be as gay as their logo at the end of the show.

BTW, WTH is that all about!

-B5
You really think she COULD make a bowl of soup? I doubt it! At least not a good bowl of soup. She's got "people" for that!

And what's with the Coffee fetish?

RayGuy is offline  
post #1628 of 1638 Old Yesterday, 11:46 AM
Member
 
b5fan001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayGuy View Post
You really think she COULD make a bowl of soup? I doubt it! At least not a good bowl of soup. She's got "people" for that!

And what's with the Coffee fetish?
Nothing beats a nice Coffee. Blond, Slim, Great legs and a killer smile. And the stuff made with beans is ok too!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Claire Coffee.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	262490  

Last edited by b5fan001; Yesterday at 11:53 AM.
b5fan001 is offline  
post #1629 of 1638 Old Yesterday, 12:03 PM
Advanced Member
 
RayGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by b5fan001 View Post
Nope....it was just the first one I found to link to. I liked both captains. But JMS was right that one captain couldn't hold all the threads he had planned for him. Especially with him (as Valen) being in Delenn's bloodline. No romance there (ick!). So, Sheridan became a better choice.
It should have always been a threesome ... with all the religious overtones, it was a natural. A Jesuit in charge of the Mimbari! What fun!

I love the Za Ha Dum ep, too. The scene you describe is about as creepy as it gets, the wife who isn't your wife coming to get you and turn you into a ...thing, ugh. My fav ep was the end of the Mimbari civil war. I just love the character of Neroon, his journey, his enlightenment, and finally, his sacrifice, saving DeLenn and the entire Mimbari people.



That said, I think the greatest story was told in the movie, "In the Beginning". Fabulous story telling and so integral to the story arc. Londo is such a fascinating character.

As to the final episode, I may have shed a manly tear or two .. it's that damn music, so full of pathos and loss, you'd have to be dead (or deaf) to not be affected.
b5fan001 likes this.

Last edited by RayGuy; Yesterday at 12:29 PM.
RayGuy is offline  
post #1630 of 1638 Old Yesterday, 12:07 PM
Advanced Member
 
RayGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by b5fan001 View Post
Nothing beats a nice Coffee. Blond, Slim, Great legs and a killer smile. And the stuff made with beans is ok too!!
Just don't see it. Maybe in a bar after 6 drinks .. but I'd regret it in the morning. She's yours! Enjoy!

Perhaps it's because I don't drink coffee?
b5fan001 likes this.
RayGuy is offline  
post #1631 of 1638 Old Yesterday, 12:32 PM
Member
 
b5fan001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayGuy View Post
It should have always been a threesome ... with all the religious overtones, it was a natural. A Jesuit in charge of the Mimbari! What fun!

I love the Za Ha Dum ep, too. The scene you describe is about as creepy as it gets, the wife who isn't your wife coming to get you and turn you into a ...thing, ugh. My fav ep was the end of the Mimbari civil war. I just love the character of Neroon, his journey, his enlightenment, and finally, his sacrifice, saving DeLenn and the entire Mimbari people.

That said, I think the greatest story was told in the movie, "In the Beginning". Fabulous story telling and so integral to the story arc. Londo is such a fascinating character.

As to the final episode, I may have shed a manly tear or two .. it's that damn music, so full of pathos and loss, you'd have to be dead (or deaf) to not be affected.
The First season episode that locked me into the show was named "Signs and Portents." When that Shadow ship appeared and cut that raider ship to pieces, I knew i was getting into something special!
b5fan001 is offline  
post #1632 of 1638 Old Yesterday, 12:56 PM
Advanced Member
 
RayGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by b5fan001 View Post
The First season episode that locked me into the show was named "Signs and Portents." When that Shadow ship appeared and cut that raider ship to pieces, I knew i was getting into something special!
For me, it was the Vorlon. Surrounded in mystery, all powerful (or so it seemed), all knowing (pretty much), and for all intents and purposes, a living, "breathing" god.

Kosh Naranit? Last name fail!

"We are all Kosh".

Last edited by RayGuy; Yesterday at 01:06 PM.
RayGuy is offline  
post #1633 of 1638 Old Yesterday, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ridgefamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Tigard, OR
Posts: 1,662
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayGuy View Post
For me, it was the Vorlon. Surrounded in mystery, all powerful (or so it seemed), all knowing (pretty much), and for all intents and purposes, a living, "breathing" god.

Kosh Naranit? Last name fail!

"We are all Kosh".
Hey, guys, take B5 off line. This is the Grimm thread.
ridgefamus is offline  
post #1634 of 1638 Old Today, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rdclark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Philadelphia Vicinity
Posts: 4,163
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayGuy View Post
Just don't see it. Maybe in a bar after 6 drinks .. but I'd regret it in the morning. She's yours! Enjoy!
Actually, she's this guy's.

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

 

rdclark is offline  
post #1635 of 1638 Old Today, 03:21 PM
Senior Member
 
lokar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by b5fan001 View Post
My favorite episode is Za Ha Dum. That episode was the high point for me. When Sheridan jumped into the hole with his wife walking toward him flanked by two Shadows....I was outta my seat!!
That was the best episode but I think the show went downhill starting in season 4. It is my number 1 pet peeve when characters come back from the grave and it completely took away from Sheridan's sacrifice to have him come back.

And to say something on topic, I emphasize everyone else's frustration with the Royals/baby storyline on Grimm. And why is this baby so special, I presume royals have kids all the time.
lokar is offline  
post #1636 of 1638 Old Today, 03:28 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
And to say something on topic, I emphasize everyone else's frustration with the Royals/baby storyline on Grimm. And why is this baby so special, I presume royals have kids all the time.
I think the main point of the frustration is how vague and drawn out it is, it's been going on for at least 3 seasons now and we barely know much about what's going on, all we get is the same old cryptic dialogue and then that they're after this special baby that took up most of last season only for Nick's mom to take it away off screen back to wherever she disappeared from, and Adalind just does the same thing she did back in S1 wasting all of our time on her pointless character arc of having Nick taking away her power and stopping her in the first place.
Machuran is online now  
post #1637 of 1638 Old Today, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Aleron Ives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,693
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Should we take bets on how many episodes it will be before Nick gets his powers back? Will it have been an entirely pointless cliffhanger (as the one from season 2 was) where the situation gets resolved immediately in the season premiere, will Nick's quest to regain his powers become season 4's "Please make it stop," storyline that everybody wants to end, ala Juliette's memory loss and Adalind's quest to regain her powers, or will it be somewhere in between? Who knows? Does anybody even care? This show is not one that leaves you with bated breath, after all.
Machuran likes this.
Aleron Ives is offline  
post #1638 of 1638 Old Today, 05:28 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Should we take bets on how many episodes it will be before Nick gets his powers back? Will it have been an entirely pointless cliffhanger (as the one from season 2 was) where the situation gets resolved immediately in the season premiere, will Nick's quest to regain his powers become season 4's "Please make it stop," storyline that everybody wants to end, ala Juliette's memory loss and Adalind's quest to regain her powers, or will it be somewhere in between? Who knows? Does anybody even care? This show is not one that leaves you with bated breath, after all.
Either way, they've cornered themselves yet again and unfortunately they've also sidelined the main characters: Nick is depowered for the time being, Monroe and Rosalee are left to the wayside with their subplot, Hank barely even has much to do even after joining the group, Juliette is just there and unfortunately they restarted the same drama again, and all we're left with is Teresa carrying the show.
Machuran is online now  
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Grimm Season One Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Grimm The Complete Second Season Blu Ray Ultraviolet Widescreen

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off