post #1651 of 1659 Old Today, 08:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Cool Looking Ahead to the New Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn Ravenlocke View Post
I'm not a big fan of the cliffhanger that the writers set up last season. Nick being without his powers is an interesting 1-2 story arc. Beyond that, it's going to be difficult (but by no means impossible) to keep Nick's story an engaging one, especially with Juliette drama to detract from him getting "fixed" in a hurry. After all, if he isn't a Grimm, now they can "be together without worry". (Yeah right...)

Teresa needs to go, or at least she needs to be scaled down IMHO. This show is best with Nick and Monroe up front, Hank and Rosalee supporting, and the Captain Renard providing official cover.

I'm so done with Coffee's character. This time she needs to simply just die - and stay dead.

Same goes with the Juliette drama. Either she's with Nick or she isn't. This back-and-forth based on developments that cover a few minutes of screen time in a season is getting old.

It's time for the Royals storyline to come out into the open. It doesn't have to be resolved by any means. But it can't keep being this "behind the scenes" story that just keeps popping in once and a while without giving even the slightest inkling of what it is all about. It reminds me of the "Conspiracy Stories" on X-Files.

Monroe and Rosalee having their own story seems like it could be fun. It just needs to not make the show divided into two halves though, the Wessen half and the Nick half.

I think the story that might have my interest the most right now is Sergeant Wu. How much longer is he able to keep it together and how does his character develop knowing what he does now, even if no one else realizes he has a clue now?

Cannot agree more about Teresa, she is unattractive and tiresome. Hey...I know I'm ugly....at least I'm not cluttering up a very good show. I hope they get rid of her soon but the creators seem to think she is a hit with fans. So I gotta suck it up if I want to be able enjoy the sexy ladies of GRIMM.
I was glad when they kept Rosealee...maybe I'll grow to like Teresa. I think I just hate the short hair. I despise short hair on women. But I really don't think that the actress is attractive either. I'll get over it.

As for the structure of the show...I don't mind them playing with it as long as some semblance of the show I was watching returns at some point. If you watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer, you might know that the group of helpers was referred to as the Buffy "Scooby Gang." The GRIMM Scooby gang appears destined to be filled out by Sgt Wu at some point. But not before there is some tension between Nick and Wu because they let him think he was going crazy rather than try to help him. Wu would have every right to be pissed at them for letting him go through all that alone.

I'm looking forward to the new season, especially if Teresa dies in the first episode....not really.

-B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1652 of 1659 Old Today, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Regarding Teresa, I do believe they are almost copying another character's particular look and demeanor from another show. Somewhat similar to me at least.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1270095/?ref_=tt_cl_t4
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MV5BMjIxODk2NTE3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDI4OTI4MDE@._V1._SX333_SY500_.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	266818  

Last edited by Sharp1080; Today at 11:10 AM.
post #1653 of 1659 Old Today, 11:08 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by b5fan001 View Post
Cannot agree more about Teresa, she is unattractive and tiresome. Hey...I know I'm ugly....at least I'm not cluttering up a very good show. I hope they get rid of her soon but the creators seem to think she is a hit with fans. So I gotta suck it up if I want to be able enjoy the sexy ladies of GRIMM.
I was glad when they kept Rosealee...maybe I'll grow to like Teresa. I think I just hate the short hair. I despise short hair on women. But I really don't think that the actress is attractive either. I'll get over it.

As for the structure of the show...I don't mind them playing with it as long as some semblance of the show I was watching returns at some point. If you watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer, you might know that the group of helpers was referred to as the Buffy "Scooby Gang." The GRIMM Scooby gang appears destined to be filled out by Sgt Wu at some point. But not before there is some tension between Nick and Wu because they let him think he was going crazy rather than try to help him. Wu would have every right to be pissed at them for letting him go through all that alone.

I'm looking forward to the new season, especially if Teresa dies in the first episode....not really.

-B
I prefer the way Buffy handled the story structure and how it handled its mythology, Grimm just feels meandering *Royals storyline* and they've pretty much sidelined most of the cast members which is a big mistake considering the group dynamic is what makes this show great. .
post #1654 of 1659 Old Today, 02:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 29
RE: Coffee, et. al.

Why don't you guys vote on your favorite? I'll take the one that comes in last. Even if it's Teresa, I'll still do pretty good.

In space, no one can eat ice cream - Killer Klowns From Outer Space
post #1655 of 1659 Old Today, 04:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Quote:
If that's what you want, there is no shortage of it on the Internet, so I suggest you look elsewhere than this show. Jacqueline Toboni's physical appearance is irrelevant: what matters is that she portrays an interesting character who contributes to the show, and her introduction was the most significant and interesting aspect of a third season that had otherwise been running in place. Grimm rarely makes progress in either the character or story department, so Theresa is arguably the most important character at this point, as she still has room to grow before becoming frozen in one of Grimm's established roles, and that doesn't even include the fact that she's currently the only active Grimm around, now that Nick's normal. The rampant sexism on this forum never ceases to amaze me.
Keenan likes this.
post #1656 of 1659 Old Today, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post
Regarding Teresa, I do believe they are almost copying another character's particular look and demeanor from another show. Somewhat similar to me at least.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1270095/?ref_=tt_cl_t4
That actress from Warehouse 13 was great!! Pretty and engaging. I fell in love with her character right away. Claudia was the character's name, I think. Teresa is nothing like her!!

-B
post #1657 of 1659 Old Today, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machuran View Post
I prefer the way Buffy handled the story structure and how it handled its mythology, Grimm just feels meandering *Royals storyline* and they've pretty much sidelined most of the cast members which is a big mistake considering the group dynamic is what makes this show great. .
Well....they cannot all be Buffy. Joss Whedon is a master story-teller. They don't come along that often. Grimm's mythology is spinning itself out bit by bit. I feel like the show-runners have a place they want to go. They are taking their time getting there. At least I hope so. At least, it keeps the show interesting. I don't expect to love everything but at least the journey will be fun. I hope because it has been so far.

-B
post #1658 of 1659 Old Today, 06:34 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
The rampant sexism on this forum never ceases to amaze me.
Sexism......to me that is thinking women aren't equal value as persons. I'm not talking about value. I talking about my subjective judgement of a woman I don't know and doesn't know me. I'm being honest about my opinion about the looks of an actress.

I like hot chicks.....not gonna apologize for it.

-B
post #1659 of 1659 Old Today, 07:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Sexism......to me that is thinking women aren't equal value as persons. I'm not talking about value. I talking about my subjective judgement of a woman I don't know and doesn't know me. I'm being honest about my opinion about the looks of an actress.

I like hot chicks.....not gonna apologize for it.

-B
You don't have to apologize for being shallow, but you don't have to hijack this thread with it either.
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Grimm Season One Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Grimm The Complete Second Season Blu Ray Ultraviolet Widescreen

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page