post #1651 of 1676 Old 09-17-2014, 08:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Cool Looking Ahead to the New Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn Ravenlocke View Post
I'm not a big fan of the cliffhanger that the writers set up last season. Nick being without his powers is an interesting 1-2 story arc. Beyond that, it's going to be difficult (but by no means impossible) to keep Nick's story an engaging one, especially with Juliette drama to detract from him getting "fixed" in a hurry. After all, if he isn't a Grimm, now they can "be together without worry". (Yeah right...)

Teresa needs to go, or at least she needs to be scaled down IMHO. This show is best with Nick and Monroe up front, Hank and Rosalee supporting, and the Captain Renard providing official cover.

I'm so done with Coffee's character. This time she needs to simply just die - and stay dead.

Same goes with the Juliette drama. Either she's with Nick or she isn't. This back-and-forth based on developments that cover a few minutes of screen time in a season is getting old.

It's time for the Royals storyline to come out into the open. It doesn't have to be resolved by any means. But it can't keep being this "behind the scenes" story that just keeps popping in once and a while without giving even the slightest inkling of what it is all about. It reminds me of the "Conspiracy Stories" on X-Files.

Monroe and Rosalee having their own story seems like it could be fun. It just needs to not make the show divided into two halves though, the Wessen half and the Nick half.

I think the story that might have my interest the most right now is Sergeant Wu. How much longer is he able to keep it together and how does his character develop knowing what he does now, even if no one else realizes he has a clue now?

Cannot agree more about Teresa, she is unattractive and tiresome. Hey...I know I'm ugly....at least I'm not cluttering up a very good show. I hope they get rid of her soon but the creators seem to think she is a hit with fans. So I gotta suck it up if I want to be able enjoy the sexy ladies of GRIMM.
I was glad when they kept Rosealee...maybe I'll grow to like Teresa. I think I just hate the short hair. I despise short hair on women. But I really don't think that the actress is attractive either. I'll get over it.

As for the structure of the show...I don't mind them playing with it as long as some semblance of the show I was watching returns at some point. If you watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer, you might know that the group of helpers was referred to as the Buffy "Scooby Gang." The GRIMM Scooby gang appears destined to be filled out by Sgt Wu at some point. But not before there is some tension between Nick and Wu because they let him think he was going crazy rather than try to help him. Wu would have every right to be pissed at them for letting him go through all that alone.

I'm looking forward to the new season, especially if Teresa dies in the first episode....not really.

-B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1652 of 1676 Old 09-17-2014, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Regarding Teresa, I do believe they are almost copying another character's particular look and demeanor from another show. Somewhat similar to me at least.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1270095/?ref_=tt_cl_t4
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MV5BMjIxODk2NTE3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDI4OTI4MDE@._V1._SX333_SY500_.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	266818  

Last edited by Sharp1080; 09-17-2014 at 11:10 AM.
post #1653 of 1676 Old 09-17-2014, 11:08 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by b5fan001 View Post
Cannot agree more about Teresa, she is unattractive and tiresome. Hey...I know I'm ugly....at least I'm not cluttering up a very good show. I hope they get rid of her soon but the creators seem to think she is a hit with fans. So I gotta suck it up if I want to be able enjoy the sexy ladies of GRIMM.
I was glad when they kept Rosealee...maybe I'll grow to like Teresa. I think I just hate the short hair. I despise short hair on women. But I really don't think that the actress is attractive either. I'll get over it.

As for the structure of the show...I don't mind them playing with it as long as some semblance of the show I was watching returns at some point. If you watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer, you might know that the group of helpers was referred to as the Buffy "Scooby Gang." The GRIMM Scooby gang appears destined to be filled out by Sgt Wu at some point. But not before there is some tension between Nick and Wu because they let him think he was going crazy rather than try to help him. Wu would have every right to be pissed at them for letting him go through all that alone.

I'm looking forward to the new season, especially if Teresa dies in the first episode....not really.

-B
I prefer the way Buffy handled the story structure and how it handled its mythology, Grimm just feels meandering *Royals storyline* and they've pretty much sidelined most of the cast members which is a big mistake considering the group dynamic is what makes this show great. .
post #1654 of 1676 Old 09-17-2014, 02:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 29
RE: Coffee, et. al.

Why don't you guys vote on your favorite? I'll take the one that comes in last. Even if it's Teresa, I'll still do pretty good.

In space, no one can eat ice cream - Killer Klowns From Outer Space
post #1655 of 1676 Old 09-17-2014, 04:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 374
Quote:
If that's what you want, there is no shortage of it on the Internet, so I suggest you look elsewhere than this show. Jacqueline Toboni's physical appearance is irrelevant: what matters is that she portrays an interesting character who contributes to the show, and her introduction was the most significant and interesting aspect of a third season that had otherwise been running in place. Grimm rarely makes progress in either the character or story department, so Theresa is arguably the most important character at this point, as she still has room to grow before becoming frozen in one of Grimm's established roles, and that doesn't even include the fact that she's currently the only active Grimm around, now that Nick's normal. The rampant sexism on this forum never ceases to amaze me.
Keenan likes this.
post #1656 of 1676 Old 09-17-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post
Regarding Teresa, I do believe they are almost copying another character's particular look and demeanor from another show. Somewhat similar to me at least.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1270095/?ref_=tt_cl_t4
That actress from Warehouse 13 was great!! Pretty and engaging. I fell in love with her character right away. Claudia was the character's name, I think. Teresa is nothing like her!!

-B
post #1657 of 1676 Old 09-17-2014, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machuran View Post
I prefer the way Buffy handled the story structure and how it handled its mythology, Grimm just feels meandering *Royals storyline* and they've pretty much sidelined most of the cast members which is a big mistake considering the group dynamic is what makes this show great. .
Well....they cannot all be Buffy. Joss Whedon is a master story-teller. They don't come along that often. Grimm's mythology is spinning itself out bit by bit. I feel like the show-runners have a place they want to go. They are taking their time getting there. At least I hope so. At least, it keeps the show interesting. I don't expect to love everything but at least the journey will be fun. I hope because it has been so far.

-B
post #1658 of 1676 Old 09-17-2014, 06:34 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
The rampant sexism on this forum never ceases to amaze me.
Sexism......to me that is thinking women aren't equal value as persons. I'm not talking about value. I talking about my subjective judgement of a woman I don't know and doesn't know me. I'm being honest about my opinion about the looks of an actress.

I like hot chicks.....not gonna apologize for it.

-B
post #1659 of 1676 Old 09-17-2014, 07:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Sexism......to me that is thinking women aren't equal value as persons. I'm not talking about value. I talking about my subjective judgement of a woman I don't know and doesn't know me. I'm being honest about my opinion about the looks of an actress.

I like hot chicks.....not gonna apologize for it.

-B
You don't have to apologize for being shallow, but you don't have to hijack this thread with it either.
ridgefamus likes this.
post #1660 of 1676 Old 09-17-2014, 10:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
Actually, she's this guy's.
As I posted a while back, she got married to Chris Thile, an amazing musician.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Thile

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #1661 of 1676 Old 09-17-2014, 10:22 PM

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 70
My problem with Teresa isn't her looks or even her acting. It's the character. I just have a very hard time buying into the Teresa character. There's just something about her and how she is presented that doesn't really fit for me. She certainly doesn't fit with the Scoobies. Send her off to spend time with Dear old Mom. Or let her take to the road to wage her teenage angst fueled war against Wessen in the seedy districts of some city far, far away.

She made for an interesting distraction, especially since the show seemed to be going pretty much nowhere for a bit. But after a handful of episodes I am done with her, especially since many of her actions stretch the bounds of plausibility, even for this show.

I'm all about a Monroe/Rosalee storyline that gets more attention. And I do have a vested interest in Wu's development. Teresa though, only active Grimm or not, just really doesn't fit for me. Nick was a rather competent detective long before he was a Grimm. He also hasn't forgotten everything he knows about Wessen, or how to handle himself. He's simply more "limited" now. It will be quite sad if Nick is suddenly worthless simply because he doesn't have his powers.
post #1662 of 1676 Old 09-18-2014, 02:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
She certainly doesn't fit with the Scoobies.
That's why I like her, though. This show is so formulaic and predictable that it desperately needs a character who doesn't fit with the weekly grind of solving typical crimes that just happen to be committed by Wesen. Having Theresa around is better than the show's previous go-to devices for "spicing things up", e.g. spouting cryptic and useless hints about the Royals or watching Adalind crouch over a boiling potion in a pot. I'd rather have Theresa than those dull distractions.
post #1663 of 1676 Old 09-18-2014, 05:20 AM

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
That's why I like her, though. This show is so formulaic and predictable that it desperately needs a character who doesn't fit with the weekly grind of solving typical crimes that just happen to be committed by Wesen. Having Theresa around is better than the show's previous go-to devices for "spicing things up", e.g. spouting cryptic and useless hints about the Royals or watching Adalind crouch over a boiling potion in a pot. I'd rather have Theresa than those dull distractions.
The bit with the Royals needs to come out in the open and stop being a cryptic mystery already. That alone could very well get the show beyond being a formulaic cop show, though I actually wouldn't mind a small handful of those episodes each season still. I honestly wouldn't even mind a half-season arc where Nick and Hank spend their time tracking a savage Wessen serial killer only to find he's completely mundane and that being Wessen had nothing to do with it. The quick jump to conclusions that the killer is a Wessen only to turn out to be normal could actually provide some very fertile character development ground.
Machuran likes this.
post #1664 of 1676 Old 09-18-2014, 05:40 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
The bit with the Royals needs to come out in the open and stop being a cryptic mystery already. That alone could very well get the show beyond being a formulaic cop show, though I actually wouldn't mind a small handful of those episodes each season still. I honestly wouldn't even mind a half-season arc where Nick and Hank spend their time tracking a savage Wessen serial killer only to find he's completely mundane and that being Wessen had nothing to do with it. The quick jump to conclusions that the killer is a Wessen only to turn out to be normal could actually provide some very fertile character development ground.
^^^ I like that idea. An occasional non-Wessen criminal could be a nice twist. They could let Wu in on some "takedowns" rather than him always missing the finish.
post #1665 of 1676 Old 09-18-2014, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
The bit with the Royals needs to come out in the open and stop being a cryptic mystery already. That alone could very well get the show beyond being a formulaic cop show
Now that we're four seasons in, I think it's too late to expect Grimm to ever be anything more than a formulaic cop show. Any such positive changes at this point would be too little, too late to make this must-watch TV, although they would probably increase the enjoyment factor for those of us who have stuck it out this long.
post #1666 of 1676 Old 09-18-2014, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Well....they cannot all be Buffy. Joss Whedon is a master story-teller. They don't come along that often. Grimm's mythology is spinning itself out bit by bit. I feel like the show-runners have a place they want to go. They are taking their time getting there. At least I hope so. At least, it keeps the show interesting. I don't expect to love everything but at least the journey will be fun. I hope because it has been so far.

-B
I don't expect everything to be like Buffy, it just came up in this forum so I just gave my opinion on the comparison. Like I said before, I feel that Buffy overall despite its flaws did a better job of setting up the mythology/story arcs when compared to Grimm. My main problem for this series is how it handles those story arcs/mythology because after S3, it feels meandering, I barely know what's going on besides the same cryptic dialogue with the Royals or the same drawn out story arcs like with Adalind and her baby last season or Juliette with her amnesia stuff in S2.
post #1667 of 1676 Old 09-19-2014, 05:35 AM

Quote:
I don't expect everything to be like Buffy, it just came up in this forum so I just gave my opinion on the comparison. Like I said before, I feel that Buffy overall despite its flaws did a better job of setting up the mythology/story arcs when compared to Grimm. My main problem for this series is how it handles those story arcs/mythology because after S3, it feels meandering, I barely know what's going on besides the same cryptic dialogue with the Royals or the same drawn out story arcs like with Adalind and her baby last season or Juliette with her amnesia stuff in S2.
I have to wholeheartedly agree that I think that a show with an overall theme will always turn out better than a show that is just a cool idea.
Babylon 5 = Getting your parents out of your life.
Buffy = Finding out who you are while in high school, taking responsibility for yourself in college, and then taking responsibility for your family.
LOST = Science vs. Faith

I'm loath to admit it....but I will say that I believe that GRIMM was just a cool idea. I think the change with regards to the captain was probably the time they came to grips with the fact they actually had a hit on their hands. Someone at the studio or the network asked, "Where is this all going? What is this all about?" I don't think there were answers at that time.

Based on the creator/producer/showrunner answers about the plots and characters at Comic-Con, I feel that they are lurching, feeling their way toward a vague idea of where this might end. I've decided to enjoy this show based on episodes and not on long-term goals because I don't think that the folks making it have long term goals. I just hope they stumble on one at the end.

Here is the problem:

I've liked Adalind. That is the breaking point among folks here on the board. She's gone from just evil, to cheerfully evil, to pitiful, to Motherhood and its changes, to bereft, angry, determined mother. She is more dangerous than ever now.

I've loved Juliette. I like her determination to figure out what the heck is going on. I like her sticking around after finding out about the GRIMM and Wesen. I love that she speaks fluent Spanish (means to me she cares about people enough to learn to talk to them). Mostly, I love that she dove right into being a part of the Scooby Gang without hesitation. I think she has pluck.

Crushing on Rosalee...what's not to love about her? Everybody does!! My wife literally watches the show to Monroe and Rosalee.

-B
post #1668 of 1676 Old 09-19-2014, 08:37 AM

It seems like the writers just don't know what to do with the characters/storylines in general so we're left with a bunch of unresolved subplots just hanging around until it's revisited when they finally know what to do with them. We have a new character, Truble, another character who's close to/might join the group, Wu and then we have characters like Hank who has pretty much nothing to do until they revisit the wesen love interest again, then we have Monroe and Rosalee who are off on their subplot, and then we have Nick who's been depowered, as well as Juliette's problems that were just set up, not to mention the ongoing problems with Adalind/the baby/Nick's mom/the Royals and Renard all being juggled around. It's a lot to handle.
post #1669 of 1676 Old 09-19-2014, 08:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 657
Quote:
If that's what you want, there is no shortage of it on the Internet, so I suggest you look elsewhere than this show. Jacqueline Toboni's physical appearance is irrelevant: what matters is that she portrays an interesting character who contributes to the show, and her introduction was the most significant and interesting aspect of a third season that had otherwise been running in place. Grimm rarely makes progress in either the character or story department, so Theresa is arguably the most important character at this point, as she still has room to grow before becoming frozen in one of Grimm's established roles, and that doesn't even include the fact that she's currently the only active Grimm around, now that Nick's normal. The rampant sexism on this forum never ceases to amaze me.
Agreed .. Teresa “Trubel” was the most interesting part of last season IMO .. she shook it up, brought in a new twist and added some freshness .. although I'm still trying to get used to “Trubel” as a nick name ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #1670 of 1676 Old 09-19-2014, 08:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 657
Quote:
It seems like the writers just don't know what to do with the characters/storylines in general so we're left with a bunch of unresolved subplots just hanging around until it's revisited when they finally know what to do with them. We have a new character, Truble, another character who's close to/might join the group, Wu and then we have characters like Hank who has pretty much nothing to do until they revisit the wesen love interest again, then we have Monroe and Rosalee who are off on their subplot, and then we have Nick who's been depowered, as well as Juliette's problems that were just set up, not to mention the ongoing problems with Adalind/the baby/Nick's mom/the Royals and Renard all being juggled around. It's a lot to handle.

Unfortunately, an all too common problem with many a series ..
Machuran likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #1671 of 1676 Old 09-19-2014, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 109
That nickname Trubel was too forced. If, after seeing the chaos she causes, the Scooby Gang gives her the name, then fine. But to have her tell them that's what she wants to be called...Yeesh.

Last edited by hooked01; 10-03-2014 at 04:35 AM.
post #1672 of 1676 Old 09-19-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Unfortunately, an all too common problem with many a series ..
I know, Grimm isn't the worst offender though.
post #1673 of 1676 Old 10-02-2014, 08:14 PM

The Ladies of Grimm.

Looks like a charity softball tournament or something like that! Such pretty smiles!

Great to be able to finally binge-watch Season Three on Amazon Prime! Yay!!

-B
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TheLadiesofGRIMM.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	292097  
post #1674 of 1676 Old 10-03-2014, 12:35 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post
That nickname Trubel was too forced. If, after seeing the chaos she causes, the Scooby Gang gives her the name, then fine. But to have her tell them that's what she wants to me called...Yeesh.
Do you realize that her name is Theresa Rubel. T.Ruble.
post #1675 of 1676 Old 10-03-2014, 04:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post
Do you realize that her name is Theresa Rubel. T.Ruble.

Yes. I'm aware of her full name. And that's why I said that the nickname felt forced. When the Scooby Gang found out her name, they started calling her Theresa, but she corrected them and said her name was "Tr(o)uble". It was a bit corny.

It might have been better if they only knew her as Trouble and she refuses to tell them her full name and then they finally find out later on after much cajoling and subterfuge.
post #1676 of 1676 Old 10-03-2014, 01:26 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post
Yes. I'm aware of her full name. And that's why I said that the nickname felt forced. When the Scooby Gang found out her name, they started calling her Theresa, but she corrected them and said her name was "Tr(o)uble". It was a bit corny.

It might have been better if they only knew her as Trouble and she refuses to tell them her full name and then they finally find out later on after much cajoling and subterfuge.

"Scooby Gang" is every bit as corny as Trouble

ron
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Grimm Season One Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Grimm The Complete Second Season Blu Ray Ultraviolet Widescreen

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page