post #1711 of 1834 Old 10-31-2014, 10:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Come to think of it, that would be a hilarious angle to take: his Grimmness was holding the zombieness at bay, and now that he's un-Grimmified... he's back to being a full-time zombie!

That would require some innovative thinking on the part of the writers, not going to happen.
Machuran likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1712 of 1834 Old 11-01-2014, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Once again, we get Wu-teased. Just as he comes, asking for answers, he gets sidelined-not once, but twice. The show establishes just how mentally dangerous it is when one becomes aware of 'the truth', and the writers allow the main characters to torture Wu by not putting his need for explanations-you know, in order to not go nutzo..ahead of their out dated attitude of 'keeping sh#t secreeeeet.

I guess it's supposed to be funny, but for me, it's massively irritating.
Sharp1080, tomhunter8 and Machuran like this.

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
post #1713 of 1834 Old 11-01-2014, 03:27 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westly-C View Post
Once again, we get Wu-teased. Just as he comes, asking for answers, he gets sidelined-not once, but twice. The show establishes just how mentally dangerous it is when one becomes aware of 'the truth', and the writers allow the main characters to torture Wu by not putting his need for explanations-you know, in order to not go nutzo..ahead of their out dated attitude of 'keeping sh#t secreeeeet.

I guess it's supposed to be funny, but for me, it's massively irritating.
They're only making it worse for him. There's really no reason, seeing as we've already been through this before.
post #1714 of 1834 Old 11-02-2014, 01:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 57
C'mon, it's a Trope! You have to honor the Trope you know. I'm pretty sure it's a legal requirement in order to be in the Hollywood writers union.
Machuran likes this.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #1715 of 1834 Old 11-02-2014, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post
C'mon, it's a Trope! You have to honor the Trope you know. I'm pretty sure it's a legal requirement in order to be in the Hollywood writers union.
It's too much of a dated cliche like a damsel in distress, it's gotten too old, at least try to come up with something else or use a different trope that hasn't been done to death.
post #1716 of 1834 Old 11-02-2014, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 54
It is irritating and disrespectful to the viewers. I guess the writers are intentionally teasing us now because they can. I am wondering if it's way too late now.
Machuran likes this.
post #1717 of 1834 Old 11-02-2014, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Or the writers want more Wu, but ran out of snappy one-liners...

v/r,
C-F
Machuran likes this.
post #1718 of 1834 Old 11-02-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNON-FODDER View Post
Or the writers want more Wu, but ran out of snappy one-liners...

v/r,
C-F
That's not a good thing, he's no longer a fun comic relief character he used to be, he's just another waste of time subplot that's beyond tired at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post
It is irritating and disrespectful to the viewers. I guess the writers are intentionally teasing us now because they can. I am wondering if it's way too late now.
Pretty much, I'm just glazing through episodes now, I just don't care about any of the storylines nowadays: You have Nick who's just there, Hank barely even existing, Juliette who has nothing better to do, Wu no longer is a fun comic relief character since they took that away from him, Monroe and Rosalee have a few scenes together and even they don't know what to do, you have Trubel who's trying to do things by herself but she can't really carry the show well enough especially since she's not developed well enough to be the main Grimm atm, and I could care less about Adalind and whatever bs they'll waste the whole season on (the baby plot went nowhere and so did the Royals for 4 seasons now).

I just don't know what they're trying to do since they have most of the cast with barely much to do at all in this series anymore.
post #1719 of 1834 Old 11-16-2014, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 81
This season is quickly starting to push me away. It's just spinning its wheels going nowhere. Here we are, 1/3 of the way through the season, and we've had all of maybe 15 minutes of the interesting new subplot with the Wesen extremists. Nick still doesn't have his Grimm back. Adalind has gone back to being whiny and mostly useless instead of being a hexen-beast on a vengeful tear. Juliette stands around looking lost and hopeless praying for the "normal" days. Hank, is Hank still around? Wu is no longer funny and the number of times he has been cut off in his inquiries is getting stupidly ridiculous. Trubel still doesn't have a place on the show. Monroe and Rosalee are almost nowhere to be found, only showing up in scenes long enough to remind the audience that they are characters on the show.

Seriously, if they don't give Nick his Grimm back in the next 1-2 episodes and finally move forward with something, I may very well stop watching and just wait to Hulu-binge on it during the summer when I have nothing else to watch. Nick should have had his Grimm back for at least an episode already, if not more. Going beyond 3-4 has been making it a very tiresome and pointless development.
Machuran likes this.
post #1720 of 1834 Old 11-16-2014, 04:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn Ravenlocke View Post
This season is quickly starting to push me away. It's just spinning its wheels going nowhere. Here we are, 1/3 of the way through the season, and we've had all of maybe 15 minutes of the interesting new subplot with the Wesen extremists. Nick still doesn't have his Grimm back. Adalind has gone back to being whiny and mostly useless instead of being a hexen-beast on a vengeful tear. Juliette stands around looking lost and hopeless praying for the "normal" days. Hank, is Hank still around? Wu is no longer funny and the number of times he has been cut off in his inquiries is getting stupidly ridiculous. Trubel still doesn't have a place on the show. Monroe and Rosalee are almost nowhere to be found, only showing up in scenes long enough to remind the audience that they are characters on the show.

Seriously, if they don't give Nick his Grimm back in the next 1-2 episodes and finally move forward with something, I may very well stop watching and just wait to Hulu-binge on it during the summer when I have nothing else to watch. Nick should have had his Grimm back for at least an episode already, if not more. Going beyond 3-4 has been making it a very tiresome and pointless development.
Ditto: et al. I record and edit for archiving. I also do a viewing edit with all the garbage cut out. A few have been 30 minutes, some of them have been under 15 minutes and one episode ended up at zero.

I came on board for a Grimm named Nick with his Blutbad ally. Give them back.

Sturgeon's Law: "Nothing is always absolutely so."
Sturgeons Revelation: "Ninety percent of everything is crud."
My Thoughts: "A reasoned argument must share some basic common points."
post #1721 of 1834 Old 11-16-2014, 08:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 491 Post(s)
Liked: 439
Why would you want to archive a mediocre show like Grimm? I'm having enough trouble trubel watching this the first time; I certainly wouldn't want to subject myself to it a second time.
post #1722 of 1834 Old 11-16-2014, 09:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Why would you want to archive a mediocre show like Grimm? I'm having enough trouble trubel watching this the first time; I certainly wouldn't want to subject myself to it a second time.
I archive Sci-Fi in general and Grimm marginally falls in that category. I don't always watch what I record. If I do decide to play catch up, a dollar's worth of self recorded and edited DVDs is a lot cheaper than a commercial DVD set.

There have been some pleasant surprises. I liked "Dollhouse" but I could never have watched it on a weekly basis. And, being on FOX, waiting allowed me to view it in the correct order.

Sturgeon's Law: "Nothing is always absolutely so."
Sturgeons Revelation: "Ninety percent of everything is crud."
My Thoughts: "A reasoned argument must share some basic common points."
post #1723 of 1834 Old 11-16-2014, 10:38 PM

Quote:

The whole point of the show is to watch Nick and the gang take on Wesen, supposed to be a fun romp and when they took his powers away, they pretty much took away the main cast and their role in the series altogether. We're left with Trubel who was only recently introduced and not fully established to carry the show.
post #1724 of 1834 Old 11-17-2014, 02:02 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Things I like about this season:

1. The captain's hot Hexenbeast mom.
  2. More Adalind
  3. The new "racism subplot" about "mixed" marriage.
  4. Rosalee, Rosalee, Rosalee........
  5. Nick having to face life without being a Grimm. (Should have lasted only four episodes)
  6. New subplot about the war against the Royals......another Wesen faction emerges.

Things I don't like about this season:

1. Any scene with Trubel in it.
  2. Hank still basically a eunch. (the black guy never gets a girl!)
  3. Too slow re-powering Nick. I watch him be the Grimm........not that androgynous girl.
-B

"No more Trubel!"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NoMoreTrubel.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	371449  
post #1725 of 1834 Old 11-17-2014, 02:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by b5fan001 View Post
Things I don't like about this season:
...Too slow re-powering Nick. I watch him be the Grimm........not that androgynous girl.
I'll second that. I haven't even started watching my recordings of this season yet. And I think I just decided not to bother until I read here Nick get's his powers back. Then we'll start with that episode.

Steve
"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
My DVDs
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

post #1726 of 1834 Old 11-17-2014, 02:14 PM

It's a big mistake 'temporarily' replace the main lead with a character who we only recently met. They should've known better that it would alienate a sizable portion of the audience.
Waboman likes this.
post #1727 of 1834 Old 11-17-2014, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

1/3 of the way through the season? It didn't start until October 24 -- 4 episodes (out of 22). It does feel like a lot of standing around again, much like last season.
post #1728 of 1834 Old 11-17-2014, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Well geez, they haven't yet had someone take over Nick's body or given him a fatal illness. Lets get through all of the soap opera tropes with this show.
Machuran likes this.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #1729 of 1834 Old 11-17-2014, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
Well geez, they haven't yet had someone take over Nick's body or given him a fatal illness. Lets get through all of the soap opera tropes with this show.
Here's to hoping we can get credit for "☑ terminal illness" with the dead/zombie thing, but I fear "body swap" is coming and the Nick-Adalind connection thing is just getting started with eye-sight.

(Note that I don't see the previews on Hulu (happily) ... but sometimes my comments probably seem strange to folks who do ...)

v/r,
C-F
post #1730 of 1834 Old 11-17-2014, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
Don't give them any ideas.
post #1731 of 1834 Old 11-17-2014, 07:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 75
^^ Too late. Horses aren't wishes after all.

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
post #1732 of 1834 Old 11-17-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkingRat View Post
1/3 of the way through the season? It didn't start until October 24 -- 4 episodes (out of 22). It does feel like a lot of standing around again, much like last season.
I thought we were on episode 5 and meant 1/4 of the season. Talk about an epic typing fail on my part.
post #1733 of 1834 Old 11-18-2014, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Man this show always make me want to sing "all about that bass, no trubel"

(fake) Adalind only wearing a shirt and all smiles, then she converts back, not bad looking anyway, add a few more years..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #1734 of 1834 Old 11-18-2014, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
I thought we were on episode 5 and meant 1/4 of the season. Talk about an epic typing fail on my part.
But very much like it felt.
Machuran likes this.
post #1735 of 1834 Old 11-18-2014, 05:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Sometimes I think we as viewers put more thought into the plots than the writers.
Machuran likes this.
post #1736 of 1834 Old 11-18-2014, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhunter8 View Post
Sometimes I think we as viewers put more thought into the plots than the writers.
Well for starters, we actually pay attention to some of the plots going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkingRat View Post
But very much like it felt.
It feels even slower than usual.
post #1737 of 1834 Old 11-23-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machuran View Post
Well for starters, we actually pay attention to some of the plots going on.

It feels even slower than usual.
How much longer are the writers going to drag out the Nick with no powers storyline? We already have confirmation he won't be getting them back by the close of episode six now. These are professional writers that at some point in time had to have had a strong sense of story-telling and pacing. It's difficult to imagine that they honestly all think that dragging out Nick without his inner-Grimm until the winter finale (or longer) is a good idea. However, finishing off six episodes and still not having the powers back, that would seem to be a strong indication that holding out that long is indeed the objective.

They seem to have settled on Nick getting his Grimm back being some sort of Earth-shattering development. I have news for them, it isn't. Nick getting his powers back is inevitable to the point of silliness. There's no suspense build-up there at all. Of course Nick is going to get his Grimm back, and getting his Grimm back cannot come with any truly serious long-term consequences. To try to even toy with anything that would indicate otherwise is to entirely undermine the character that is the very heart of the show (even if he is not the most popular part).

This season is bringing me to the brink. I find myself no longer eagerly awaiting each new episode. Instead, I now find myself asking if I am ready to spend nearly an hour of my life watching the next episode since I already know that the writers are no longer respecting rule number one of writing: "Respect your audience."

I haven't quit on this show yet, but I am finding it very difficult to wade through the train wreck that this season is quickly becoming.
John dhein and Machuran like this.
post #1738 of 1834 Old 11-23-2014, 08:10 PM

Quote:
How much longer are the writers going to drag out the Nick with no powers storyline? We already have confirmation he won't be getting them back by the close of episode six now. These are professional writers that at some point in time had to have had a strong sense of story-telling and pacing. It's difficult to imagine that they honestly all think that dragging out Nick without his inner-Grimm until the winter finale (or longer) is a good idea. However, finishing off six episodes and still not having the powers back, that would seem to be a strong indication that holding out that long is indeed the objective.

They seem to have settled on Nick getting his Grimm back being some sort of Earth-shattering development. I have news for them, it isn't. Nick getting his powers back is inevitable to the point of silliness. There's no suspense build-up there at all. Of course Nick is going to get his Grimm back, and getting his Grimm back cannot come with any truly serious long-term consequences. To try to even toy with anything that would indicate otherwise is to entirely undermine the character that is the very heart of the show (even if he is not the most popular part).

This season is bringing me to the brink. I find myself no longer eagerly awaiting each new episode. Instead, I now find myself asking if I am ready to spend nearly an hour of my life watching the next episode since I already know that the writers are no longer respecting rule number one of writing: "Respect your audience."

I haven't quit on this show yet, but I am finding it very difficult to wade through the train wreck that this season is quickly becoming.
Exactly, we all know he's getting it back, but on other shows, the plot device didn't take this long and it also doesn't help that I'm not remotely interested in other storylines. Adalind? All she's done is scream about her baby, run around, and be locked up. Royals? I still don't know after 4 seasons and it still doesn't feel like it's moving anywhere. The keys? Nick only has 2 (?) in 4 seasons we barely know about it since it was introduced at the start of the series. Trubel? Well, they should've known better than to make a new character who hasn't had that much screen time to suddenly thrust her into the main role. That and it seems like most of the characters don't actually get to do much, Nick is mostly there for backup/being saved by Trubel.
post #1739 of 1834 Old 11-23-2014, 09:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 633
Don't you guys watch the previews during the credits? It seems the source of your consternation may be at least partially resolved next week.
post #1740 of 1834 Old 11-23-2014, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Don't you guys watch the previews during the credits? It seems the source of your consternation may be at least partially resolved next week.
Usually, I do not watch previews. I chose to watch the previews this time as I am starting to get fed up with this season dragging on. It looks very much like we are going to get another episode of Grimm-less Nick. While trailers are often cut to make the next episode seem more intriguing than it might actually be, it seems fairly clear that if Nick is going to get his Grimm back, it won't be until the end. That puts us at 6 episodes to get Nick his Grimm back, something that should never have taken more than 3-4 tops.

Nearly every show has filler episodes in every season - even 24 had some of them. Those filler episodes shouldn't take up more than 2-3 total episode slots in a 22 episode season. This season has already seen the equivalent of 2+ episodes of filler material in only the first 5 episodes.
Machuran likes this.
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Grimm Season One Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Grimm The Complete Second Season Blu Ray Ultraviolet Widescreen