Forum Jump: 
 62Likes

post #1741 of 1758 Old 11-23-2014, 10:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Everything seems to be nebulous, nothing in focus, no cohesion. Either the writers and setting lots of things up and will surprisingly tie them all together in a brilliant stroke of writing, or more likely hey don't have a clue and are just throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what will stick. The second scenario gets my vote.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1742 of 1758 Old 11-23-2014, 10:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn Ravenlocke View Post
I haven't quit on this show yet, but I am finding it very difficult to wade through the train wreck that this season is quickly becoming.
Speaking of almost quitting, I've taken another step towards that blissful release: I'm now fast-forwarding through the Adalind parts. If she says, "My baby!" one more time, I'm really hoping that she does get it back, it turns out to be a powerful demon baby, and that it eats her.
post #1743 of 1758 Old 11-24-2014, 05:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Speaking of almost quitting, I've taken another step towards that blissful release: I'm now fast-forwarding through the Adalind parts. If she says, "My baby!" one more time, I'm really hoping that she does get it back, it turns out to be a powerful demon baby, and that it eats her.
Yes! Oh rats, that's Sleepy Hollow... This one has blue eyes and can kill with a thought - err, oops, Hemlock Grove... Oh, right, this one has violet eyes and knows how to protect itself. However, it might turn her into a mommy-mobile by accident.

v/r,
C-F
post #1744 of 1758 Old 11-24-2014, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
I don't even bother FF-ing.I do a custom edit (with VideoReDo) and drop extraneous stuff. This week was down to 20 minutes viewing time for me.

Sturgeon's Law: "Nothing is always absolutely so."
Sturgeons Revelation: "Ninety percent of everything is crud."
My Thoughts: "A reasoned argument must share some basic common points."
post #1745 of 1758 Old 11-24-2014, 08:02 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Looking forward to watching this
post #1746 of 1758 Old 11-24-2014, 08:03 AM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn Ravenlocke View Post
Usually, I do not watch previews. I chose to watch the previews this time as I am starting to get fed up with this season dragging on. It looks very much like we are going to get another episode of Grimm-less Nick. While trailers are often cut to make the next episode seem more intriguing than it might actually be, it seems fairly clear that if Nick is going to get his Grimm back, it won't be until the end. That puts us at 6 episodes to get Nick his Grimm back, something that should never have taken more than 3-4 tops.

Nearly every show has filler episodes in every season - even 24 had some of them. Those filler episodes shouldn't take up more than 2-3 total episode slots in a 22 episode season. This season has already seen the equivalent of 2+ episodes of filler material in only the first 5 episodes.
Exactly, it should not have taken this long and not to mention because of his power loss, most of the main characters aren't allowed to be able to do much in the series and it ruined the group dynamic that had been developed for 3 seasons.
post #1747 of 1758 Old 11-24-2014, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 79
The writers/Showrunner are/is killing this show. Mommy Stupidest needs to be gone, Nick needs his powers back, Wu needs to be let in on the secret, and we need to move on from there. There would still be plenty of storylines, and we'd be rid of most of the stupidity.
tomhunter8 and Machuran like this.
post #1748 of 1758 Old 11-24-2014, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post
The writers/Showrunner are/is killing this show. Mommy Stupidest needs to be gone, Nick needs his powers back, Wu needs to be let in on the secret, and we need to move on from there. There would still be plenty of storylines, and we'd be rid of most of the stupidity.
Its like they don't trust the original premise or they don't know where to go. They need someone with creativity because they are falling on old tropes and then milking them to death. Its too bad if the show dies/fades out this way. I will be out if they keep this crap up.
Machuran likes this.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #1749 of 1758 Old 11-24-2014, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Wow I haven't really been following this thread because I've been a bit behind on my Grimm but I totally agree with others and have been thinking for a long time, Adalind has got to go!
Don't get me wrong, the actress playing her is drop dead gorgeous I'm just really tiring of the whole baby thing, it's getting too drawn out.
Machuran likes this.
post #1750 of 1758 Old 11-25-2014, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 118
well Juliet will drink the potion and become Adalind and have sex with Nick (looking forward to those scenes) than we'll have our old Nick back.

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #1751 of 1758 Old 11-25-2014, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 52
The whole Juliette has to drink the potion and look like Adalind is weak. They can just loop the old love scene again. Yet another "let's pull this one out of our ass" moment with the writers.
post #1752 of 1758 Old 11-25-2014, 02:18 PM
Kib
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Speaking of almost quitting, I've taken another step towards that blissful release: I'm now fast-forwarding through the Adalind parts. If she says, "My baby!" one more time
It would be much more palatable and entertaining if she preceded the phrase with "The dingo ate..."
post #1753 of 1758 Old 11-25-2014, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 410
Don't you mean, "Dingoes Ate My Baby"? I smell an Oz cameo approaching! Maybe he and Mr. Wyndam-Pryce can perform a duet. At last, the Royals will serve a purpose!
post #1754 of 1758 Old 11-25-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post
Exactly, this show is going around in circles with the same nonsense it should've been done with a while ago.
John dhein likes this.
post #1755 of 1758 Old 11-25-2014, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Like minds, in spades. I kept thinking dingo's at about the 25% mark in Adalind's hysterical dash though the castle/estate. Maybe the episode was running short so the writer's pulled the mad dash out of their butts. They could do better.
Machuran likes this.
post #1756 of 1758 Old 11-25-2014, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
Like minds, in spades. I kept thinking dingo's at about the 25% mark in Adalind's hysterical dash though the castle/estate. Maybe the episode was running short so the writer's pulled the mad dash out of their butts. They could do better.
Her whole character is running around screaming about her baby and being locked up. They Royals should've just blackmailed her from the start instead of wasting so much time on this. It's already bad enough we have Nick losing his powers drawn out but then add in this useless subplot and it makes it very hard to sit through something that used to be a fun show. .
John dhein likes this.
post #1757 of 1758 Old Yesterday, 12:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Why not turn it into a game like they did in the 24 thread? Whenever she says "my baby" you have to take a shot!
post #1758 of 1758 Old Yesterday, 07:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post
Why not turn it into a game like they did in the 24 thread? Whenever she says "my baby" you have to take a shot!
That could degenerate into "taking a shot" at the TV screen with your weapon of choice.

Sturgeon's Law: "Nothing is always absolutely so."
Sturgeons Revelation: "Ninety percent of everything is crud."
My Thoughts: "A reasoned argument must share some basic common points."
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Grimm Season One Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Grimm The Complete Second Season Blu Ray Ultraviolet Widescreen

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page