Forum Jump: 
 96Likes

post #1801 of 1848 Old 12-06-2014, 06:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Thumbs up Ding Dong The Witch is DEAD!!

Trubel moves on!! Oh Happy Day!! This development helped make a very enjoyable show.....even more enjoyable!!

The humor was back in so many ways : Juliette and Rosalee vs. the little Zallik......on second thought, we will stick with gremlins.......vs. the little gremlins, Hank and Nick trying to deal with the smell, Monroe's quips about the smell, giving a reason for fruitcake (Monroe nails the line), Nick and Renard talking about keeping their mothers from killing each other, Rosalee and Juliette running the possible pregnancy through their minds, Josh finding his inner Grimm even if he isn't one with that bop on the head to the Wesen and most of all for me.....Juliette and Rosalee defending Monroe's train...LOL funny!

This is by far my favorite episode all season. Cannot begin to tell you the joy I felt when I realized that Trubel was considering helping Josh go home! My nightmare is OVER!!

Here is my take on the future....they are setting up a major showdown between Nick's ever growing Scooby Gang and the Royals. Some major showdown in season 5 after all this buildup. (for the record, I'm usually wrong about these things ) Season 5 is when the showrunners said the show would pay off the keys and the Royals storylines. They still have to introduce Renard's father. Based on a sentence by "Wesley"......the reason Renard was allowed to live is the father forbade harming him. I'm interested to see where this is going.

-B

Goodbye Trubel... .......Wait.....that's not Trubel??? Couldn't tell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 1848 Old 12-06-2014, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked: 800
Trubel is gone and we know the meaning of fruit cakes. Looks like Wu will be let in the cool club next week.

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
post #1803 of 1848 Old 12-06-2014, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Maybe it's just me, but it feels like this show can't even do the Wesen-of-the-week thing right anymore. Mischievous Christmas pubescent gremlin Wesen? Really? It seems like they're either already running out of ideas for new Wesen, or they're so obsessed with trying to make holiday-oriented Wesen that they can't come up with anything good. They couldn't even be bothered to do their research properly, since the gremlins shouldn't have come out yet. The twelve days of Christmas begin on December 25, so the gremlins shouldn't have been active for several more weeks.

I was tempted to just fast forward through parts of this, and to top it off, they got rid of the one character who actually shook up the stale character dynamics from the previous seasons. Now that Theresa is gone, we can go back to the usual Wu-introduces-crime scene, Nick-and-Hank-assume-Wesen-did-it, Nick-and-Hank-go-to-the-trailer, Nick-and-Hank-behead-something-in-the-last-thirty-seconds formula of the past episodes... but wait! The epic post-Theresa twist is that they're doing another god-forsaken baby plot.

It's like the writers are intentionally piling on the stupidity as deeply as they can so they can take bets on how bad they can make the show before we stop watching it. Keep it coming, writers, and you'll get your wish. At least Wu joins the Scooby Gang next week, but at this point I'm thinking it's too little way too late.
post #1804 of 1848 Old 12-06-2014, 10:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
.... we can go back to the usual Wu-introduces-crime scene, Nick-and-Hank-assume-Wesen-did-it, Nick-and-Hank-go-to-the-trailer, Nick-and-Hank-behead-something-in-the-last-thirty-seconds formula of the past episodes... ...
You forgot the "with help from Monroe" part.
And this is the only part of the show that has been worth watching. The rest of it has been drivel.

Sturgeon's Law: "Nothing is always absolutely so."
Sturgeons Revelation: "Ninety percent of everything is crud."
My Thoughts: "A reasoned argument must share some basic common points."
post #1805 of 1848 Old 12-06-2014, 10:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod7501 View Post
And this is the only part of the show that has been worth watching. The rest of it has been drivel.
They tried to go back to the formula this week, and that was drivel, too.
post #1806 of 1848 Old 12-07-2014, 06:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
They tried to go back to the formula this week, and that was drivel, too.
Yep. Any time it takes that many episodes for obvious and basic plot points (like Nick getting his Grimm back) you know the writers are struggling.

And the masks for the Gremlins? It almost looks like this Christmas episode was a last minute decision. Or the result of a wild and alcohol fueled Christmas staff party.

Sturgeon's Law: "Nothing is always absolutely so."
Sturgeons Revelation: "Ninety percent of everything is crud."
My Thoughts: "A reasoned argument must share some basic common points."
post #1807 of 1848 Old 12-07-2014, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Just wondering

Are hallucinatory meds still available? I'm thinking perhaps if the writing staff all dropped a tab of acid the show might become more interesting and creative.
post #1808 of 1848 Old 12-07-2014, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member

The only good development from last week was in the trailer: after pulling the Wull over Drew's eyes for so long, they are finally going to reveal the tWuth, leaving no Wum for doubt in Drew's mind that Wesen are real, but will this overdue honesty heal the rift between partners, or will the Wunds run too deeply for Drew to forgive?
post #1809 of 1848 Old 12-07-2014, 05:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 183
FWIW, I thought it was a fun episode. The only thing I'm really disappointed in is the pregnancy possibility. Enough with the babies already.
post #1810 of 1848 Old 12-07-2014, 11:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Being it's a Grimm baby and Adelin is somehow involved we can hope it's a magical pregnancy and the baby has a 3 week gestation period.
post #1811 of 1848 Old 12-08-2014, 07:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Seems like this is a good part of the season for me to jump back in. Trubel is gone and Nick has his powers back. Sounds like Grimm again.

Steve
"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
My DVDs
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

post #1812 of 1848 Old 12-08-2014, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Except for the Grimm is going to be a daddy soon, perhaps at the end of the season, we have about half of the episodes gone by, plenty of time.

Then Monroe and Rosalee will want a child of their own and it's going to be full of babies

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #1813 of 1848 Old 12-08-2014, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTiVo View Post
Seems like this is a good part of the season for me to jump back in. Trubel is gone and Nick has his powers back. Sounds like Grimm again.
Wow.............reading the comments before yours, I thought I was the only one who had trouble with Trubel.

I was very happy with the episode. I would suggest watching the last two episodes to get a handle on where things are. The Juliette/Adalind transformation is especially fun....at least it was for me. I feel like the last two episodes represent the show "getting its groove back."

-B
JoeTiVo likes this.
post #1814 of 1848 Old 12-08-2014, 07:08 PM
Advanced Member

Once again I find myself in the minority because I thought Trubel was a great addition to the show and I'll miss her, but I thought it was a huge mistake to take Nick's Grimm powers away. I'll also be glad once Wu is brought into the Scooby Gang.

Now if they could just do away with the completely boring and soap opera slow Royals/Adalind storyline.
ltownsend likes this.
post #1815 of 1848 Old 12-08-2014, 10:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Just saw a commercial, Grimm is coming to TNT. 3 episode block.
post #1816 of 1848 Old 12-09-2014, 03:09 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post
Just saw a commercial, Grimm is coming to TNT. 3 episode block.
Fortunately......I already binge-watched seasons 1,2 and most of three (up until Trubel arrived) on Amazon Prime. I was happily surprised that the show is as enjoyable the second time around as it was the first.

This is still one of the shows my wife and I look forward to each week.

-B
post #1817 of 1848 Old 12-10-2014, 05:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Daryl Zero posted that on 06 April 2014, so it is either a failed quote, or a post building exercise.

v/r,
C-F

Edit: Apparently the post and response I was referring to are now gone, so the above doesn't make much sense without that context.

Last edited by CANNON-FODDER; 12-11-2014 at 07:19 PM. Reason: referenced posts now missing...
post #1818 of 1848 Old 12-13-2014, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Well, so much for the pregnancy storyline. I gotta say, I didn't see that ending coming.
post #1819 of 1848 Old 12-13-2014, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post
Well, so much for the pregnancy storyline. I gotta say, I didn't see that ending coming.
The ending was obvious and typical for this type of story. I do have to say that I found this ep more engaging than I have found any of the previous ones. I was getting close to dumping this show so now it is on probation.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #1820 of 1848 Old 12-13-2014, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNON-FODDER View Post
Daryl Zero posted that on 06 April 2014, so it is either a failed quote, or a post building exercise.

v/r,
C-F

Edit: Apparently the post and response I was referring to are now gone, so the above doesn't make much sense without that context.
I saw the post you were referring to and my post. You were absolutely correct. Probably would have helped to quote the offending post.

post #1821 of 1848 Old 12-13-2014, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

I was sold on the pregnancy angle too!!! I love when I get surprised by a cool twist like that one. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Juliette start to change into a Hexenbiest......I gasped!!! They set us up good for this one!!

From Zap2It.com: Now 'Grimm's' Juliette is Hexenbiest she won't make the smartest decisions

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/grimm_juliette_hexenbiest_season_4_chupacabra-2014-12

"Grimm" ended its Season 4 fall finale with a number of pretty huge cliffhangers. Sergeant Wu (Reggie Lee) finally knows Wesen are real, but isn't taking it well. Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) and Rosalee (Bree Turner) are being dangerously harassed by a group targeting them because of their inter-Wesen marriage. And perhaps the most jaw-dropping moment: Juliette (Bitsie Tulloch) woged into a Hexenbiest just like the woman she can't escape, Adalind (Claire Coffee).

Juliette has stuck by her boyfriend Nick (David Giuntoli) through thick and thin throughout "Grimm's" three and a half seasons, and one would think the biggest lesson they've learned as a couple is to be honest with one another. Apparently not, though, because according to Tulloch Juliette is going to hide her little Hexenbiest problem from Nick for as long as she can.

"[Becoming a Hexenbiest] is the last thing in the world she wants. It's hard enough for her being as involved as she is with the Grimm stuff," Tulloch tells Zap2it. "She's the kind of Wesen, or witch rather, that her boyfriend's fate is to kill them, so that's kind of scary and she's obviously going to try to hide it from him while she figures out how to correct it. She's obviously going to try to desperately get back to normal."

Best part of the whole article:

Sadly [not to me] Tulloch did confirm that Jacqueline Toboni's Trubel hasn't returned through the series through episode 14, which is the latest script she received. "I'm sure we would love to have her back on at some point, I just don't know when and if that happens," Tulloch says.

post #1822 of 1848 Old 12-13-2014, 08:11 PM

Grimm Post Mortem: David Giuntoli on the Newest 'Biest, Wu's Confusion

http://tvline.com/2014/12/12/grimm-s...te-hexenbiest/

Warning: The following contains spoilers from Grimm’s fall finale.
Let’s look on the bright side, Grimm fans: Maybe Nick secretly likes a Juliette on the street and a Hexenbiest in the sheets?
Because if the final few moments of the NBC drama’s fall finale are any indication, that might be a combination he’s going to have to get used to.
It appears the spell Juliette did to help her honey get his Grimm-ness back left her with a lingering case of Adalind-itis, “a major side effect,” star David Giuntoli notes.
Then again, “Isn’t everything a side effect of something in this show? Everything,” he says. “There’s always some hidden side effect, and we’re always in a rush to treat some illness, and we don’t think it all the way through, do we?”
Need something to tide you over until the supernatural series returns next year? Read on for Giuntoli’s take on Adalind’s upcoming visit to Portland, Wu’s Wesen education (finally!) and what he really wants to call the secret group targeting Monrosalee.

TVLINE | We haven’t seen more of Adalind and Nick being able to see through each other’s eyes. Does that come up again in what you’ve seen/shot so far?
Not that I know of. There are even more side effects to Juliette turning into Adalind. There should be, in the Spice Shop, some type of side effects list. We’re in the 21st century. We should be jotting this s—t down. We should also digitize this very soon. As part of Obamacare, we should digitize the side effects.

TVLINE | Adalind is on her way to Portland, and if Juliette morphs back into her, there could be two Adalinds running around the city.
There could be an epic showdown one day between two petite blondes. The featherweight championship of the world, somewhere in Grimm’s future.
post #1823 of 1848 Old 12-14-2014, 02:27 PM

Where the heck is everybody?? I thought sure that the Juliette/Hexenbiest revealation would perk things up around here!!

-B
post #1824 of 1848 Old 12-14-2014, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by b5fan001 View Post
Where the heck is everybody?? I thought sure that the Juliette/Hexenbiest revealation would perk things up around here!!

-B
I like it, only if it means that we finally lose that other bitch, Adalind.
post #1825 of 1848 Old 12-14-2014, 08:42 PM
Advanced Member

Poor Wu.
post #1826 of 1848 Old 12-15-2014, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhunter8 View Post
Poor Wu.
I understand the writers tried to prolong it for effect but this is totally ridiculous. He would be arrested and up on criminal charges. They have basically written him out of the show. No department on this earth would want him in their employment. I will repeat it until necessary, they wouldn't exclude Wu out of the information. Let your fellow coworker whom you trust your life with go crazy over THE SAME TYPE OF UNEXPLAINED PHENOMENA they all witnessed earlier. I am done with the writing on this show, it's totally comic book bit not even a good comic book. Thank you rant over.
post #1827 of 1848 Old 12-15-2014, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Totally agree, they really really need to include Wu in the "inner circle" of trust. Of course the way the left off in the last episode they were "just about" ready to tell him, I hope they actually do and quickly.
post #1828 of 1848 Old 12-15-2014, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post
I understand the writers tried to prolong it for effect but this is totally ridiculous. He would be arrested and up on criminal charges. They have basically written him out of the show. No department on this earth would want him in their employment. I will repeat it until necessary, they wouldn't exclude Wu out of the information. Let your fellow coworker whom you trust your life with go crazy over THE SAME TYPE OF UNEXPLAINED PHENOMENA they all witnessed earlier. I am done with the writing on this show, it's totally comic book bit not even a good comic book. Thank you rant over.
I don't agree. It is more like a mental breakdown in which Wu would be treated or given worker's comp.

post #1829 of 1848 Old 12-15-2014, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 123
I'm on this other train, maybe a bit more logical: Juliette's reflecting Adalind, she's not a Hexenbiest herself, and the tummy cramps, maybe because Adalind's pregnant also, with Nicks child!

On other news... Wu knows!

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #1830 of 1848 Old 12-15-2014, 11:42 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post
Totally agree, they really really need to include Wu in the "inner circle" of trust. Of course the way the left off in the last episode they were "just about" ready to tell him, I hope they actually do and quickly.
They will. In the preview for the next episode, you see Woo in the trailer going throught the "introductory course" FINALLY!!
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Grimm Season One Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Grimm The Complete Second Season Blu Ray Ultraviolet Widescreen

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page