'Grimm' on NBC HD - Page 73 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 266Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2161 of 2438 Old 04-04-2015, 03:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 29,028
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1447 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westly-C View Post
What happened to Nick's zombie powers, eh?
Shhhh, you're not supposed to remember that....
Young C and Machuran like this.

Only girly-men push The Red Button.
oink is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2162 of 2438 Old 04-04-2015, 03:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 11,518
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 721 Post(s)
Liked: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Yeah, it's becoming a chore now. But one I've already invested too much time in. I'm past the point of no return and must see this till the end. Renard went full Rick Grimes and got his ass pummeled.
Yeah, well, that's pretty much where I'm at .. I just keep hoping, hoping, hoping .. and give Renard a Colt Python, things might liven up some ..


"You pull the trigger, you have to mean it." ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is online now  
post #2163 of 2438 Old 04-04-2015, 03:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 11,518
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 721 Post(s)
Liked: 984
And, hey, NBC .. consider a 13 episode season .. please .. ?? Because what we've had this go round could have been condensed into 6 or less ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is online now  
post #2164 of 2438 Old 04-04-2015, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 2,398
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westly-C View Post
What happened to Nick's zombie powers, eh?
Adelind hit the reset Grimm factory defaults when she de-Grimmed him. All purchased apps and experience powers were lost. I don't think Nick wants to spend weeks on the phone with the techs from India trying to see if they can reboot that power. It never works and it won't end well.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
daryl zero is online now  
post #2165 of 2438 Old 04-04-2015, 09:09 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 564
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westly-C View Post
The new Royal only makes the lack of information about their possible Wesen-nality even more frustration. Sean voged and sent him flying across the room, slamming into a wall with a single punch, but Kenny got up as if it were nothing and proceeded to beat the snot out of our dear Captain.
Just how human are these Royals, and why...oh never mind. As if the writers will bother giving us any answers. What happened to Nick's zombie powers, eh?
Just add it to the list of dropped plot points to nowhere. Only baby/relationship dramas are ongoing, that and interchanging the Royals.
Machuran is offline  
post #2166 of 2438 Old 04-04-2015, 09:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 2,398
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machuran View Post
Just add it to the list of dropped plot points to nowhere. Only baby/relationship dramas are ongoing, that and interchanging the Royals.
Yes. The whole Royal thing has been a fly by the seat of the pants, throw mud on the wall thing. Remember the keys or coins? I don't. The only thing I liked about this show was that the Wesen was unintentionally dangerous. And they still didn't do that much with it. Juliette isn't going to be a bad. She might get edgy for a while but she'll be back. This show is incredibly predictable.
Machuran likes this.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
daryl zero is online now  
post #2167 of 2438 Old 04-04-2015, 10:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Aleron Ives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,689
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 901 Post(s)
Liked: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
Juliette isn't going to be a bad. She might get edgy for a while but she'll be back. This show is incredibly predictable.
Speaking of which, I'll make a prediction right now! The other Hexenbiest said that Nick couldn't use his blood to cure Juliette, because his blood was already in Adalind when she "turned" Juliette. What I bet they're going to do is say, "Oops, we said the blood of a Grimm won't work, but what we meant was that Nick's blood won't work!" ...and then they'll use Theresa's blood to cure Juliette, because she isn't related to Nick and thus has a different kind of magic Grimm blood.

As for the zombie thing, I'm pretty sure Nick turned pale at least once after he got his powers back (perhaps when he was rescuing Monroe?), so they haven't retconned the zombie thing. They're just ignoring it until it happens to be useful in an individual procedural plot, which is the way most "key" points work in this show. (Speaking of which, how about those keys that lead to the German forest of awesome treasure? We should totally hear about those again, only to not go to Germany to find the long-lost Grimm goodies yet again, because who cares about Grimm super weapons, right? It's not like they ever need Grimm tools to defeat the Wesen of the week, so whatever's hidden in the forest couldn't possibly come in handy later.)
Sharp1080 and John dhein like this.
Aleron Ives is offline  
post #2168 of 2438 Old 04-04-2015, 11:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 29,028
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1447 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Because what we've had this go round could have been condensed into 6 or less ..
Sad, but true.



Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
Adelind hit the reset Grimm factory defaults when she de-Grimmed him. All purchased apps and experience powers were lost. I don't think Nick wants to spend weeks on the phone with the techs from India trying to see if they can reboot that power. It never works and it won't end well.
Won't argue.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Speaking of which, I'll make a prediction right now! The other Hexenbiest said that Nick couldn't use his blood to cure Juliette, because his blood was already in Adalind when she "turned" Juliette. What I bet they're going to do is say, "Oops, we said the blood of a Grimm won't work, but what we meant was that Nick's blood won't work!" ...and then they'll use Theresa's blood to cure Juliette, because she isn't related to Nick and thus has a different kind of magic Grimm blood.
Gee, thanx...how about some spoiler tags?

Quote:
As for the zombie thing, I'm pretty sure Nick turned pale at least once after he got his powers back (perhaps when he was rescuing Monroe?), so they haven't retconned the zombie thing. They're just ignoring it until it happens to be useful in an individual procedural plot, which is the way most "key" points work in this show. (Speaking of which, how about those keys that lead to the German forest of awesome treasure? We should totally hear about those again, only to not go to Germany to find the long-lost Grimm goodies yet again, because who cares about Grimm super weapons, right? It's not like they ever need Grimm tools to defeat the Wesen of the week, so whatever's hidden in the forest couldn't possibly come in handy later.)
Quit pointing out flaws in my homegrown TV show!

Only girly-men push The Red Button.
oink is offline  
post #2169 of 2438 Old 04-05-2015, 04:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Stereodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Posts: 11,095
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1244 Post(s)
Liked: 865
Since we're poking holes... I want to know how Adalind went from looking normal to very obviously pregnant in just day or two.
Stereodude is online now  
post #2170 of 2438 Old 04-05-2015, 09:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 29,028
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1447 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Since we're poking holes... I want to know how Adalind went from looking normal to very obviously pregnant in just day or two.
Simple: she's a Hexenbiest!

Only girly-men push The Red Button.
oink is offline  
post #2171 of 2438 Old 04-05-2015, 09:32 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 564
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
Yes. The whole Royal thing has been a fly by the seat of the pants, throw mud on the wall thing. Remember the keys or coins? I don't. The only thing I liked about this show was that the Wesen was unintentionally dangerous. And they still didn't do that much with it. Juliette isn't going to be a bad. She might get edgy for a while but she'll be back. This show is incredibly predictable.
Exactly, just more dropped plot points for this series. I just don't care about this Juliette storylines, it's the same relationship drama and I wish they'd stop wasting so much time on it.
Machuran is offline  
post #2172 of 2438 Old 04-05-2015, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked: 364
I always thought of the captain as a powerful vessen, grim reaper type. And the show made it out that others were afraid of him. Now this new guys kicks his but no problem. Another ho hum moment that ruins what the show has established.
oink and Machuran like this.

WilliamR is offline  
post #2173 of 2438 Old 04-05-2015, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Sharp1080's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Southern Calif
Posts: 1,970
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
I always thought of the captain as a powerful vessen, grim reaper type. And the show made it out that others were afraid of him. Now this new guys kicks his but no problem. Another ho hum moment that ruins what the show has established.
Exactly, they keep changing up every season. The pre high school students are submitting scripts again.
Machuran likes this.
Sharp1080 is offline  
post #2174 of 2438 Old 04-05-2015, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Aleron Ives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,689
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 901 Post(s)
Liked: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
Simple: she's a Hexenbiest!
...with a Hexenbump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
I always thought of the captain as a powerful vessen, grim reaper type. And the show made it out that others were afraid of him. Now this new guys kicks his but no problem. Another ho hum moment that ruins what the show has established.
That's only because his magical gunshot wounds reappeared as soon as he started winning the fight. He should really have gotten a second opinion before letting his mom use a magic Hexencobra to bring him back to life. It doesn't seem to have been entirely effective. Perhaps he needs some of that zombie power that Nick's been ignoring all this time? He really needs it a lot more than Nick does at this point.
Aleron Ives is offline  
post #2175 of 2438 Old 04-05-2015, 01:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 29,028
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1447 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
...with a Hexenbump.
HA!


Quote:
Perhaps he needs some of that zombie power that Nick's been ignoring all this time? He really needs it a lot more than Nick does at this point.
Great way to bring that back into the plot.

Only girly-men push The Red Button.
oink is offline  
post #2176 of 2438 Old 04-05-2015, 03:02 PM
Senior Member
 
old_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sparta, WI
Posts: 205
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
I always thought of the captain as a powerful vessen, grim reaper type. And the show made it out that others were afraid of him. Now this new guys kicks his but no problem. Another ho hum moment that ruins what the show has established.
You must remember he was fighting another "Prince", Victor's cousin, who is also, probably, a "grim reaper" type. Also, the new baddie has extra incentive to be ruthless as he knows what is happening to Victor.
old_man is offline  
post #2177 of 2438 Old 04-06-2015, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
DrLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,258
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Like I predicted before (and was right on the money) here comes the next one...

Hold on to your horses: Juliette will get pregnant by Renard, AKA second Royal/Hexen baby!

(of course we are hoping the fight to the death with Adalin results in one of them dead, I'm rooting Adalin here)

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
DrLar is offline  
post #2178 of 2438 Old 04-06-2015, 09:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Josh Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Planet Boston, source of the spice, Melange.
Posts: 20,783
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 879 Post(s)
Liked: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
At least the frog was nice to look at (when not vogued).
Yeah, but the woged frog face was probably the worst CGI effect this show has ever had, which is saying a lot.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

Josh Z is online now  
post #2179 of 2438 Old 04-06-2015, 09:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 29,028
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1447 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Yeah, but the woged frog face was probably the worst CGI effect this show has ever had, which is saying a lot.
The GGI has always been somewhat laughable.
Too bad the showrunners don't appear to care.
Machuran likes this.

Only girly-men push The Red Button.
oink is offline  
post #2180 of 2438 Old 04-06-2015, 09:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 11,518
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 721 Post(s)
Liked: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Yeah, but the woged frog face was probably the worst CGI effect this show has ever had, which is saying a lot.
In this case, a rubber mask could easily have sufficed ..





sorry, I meant this one ..


Stereodude likes this.

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is online now  
post #2181 of 2438 Old 04-06-2015, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 8,558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked: 2379
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
The GGI has always been somewhat laughable.
Too bad the showrunners don't appear to care.
It's not that they don't care. Their CG budget has been reallocated to baby food. Multiple baby plots ain't cheap.
Stereodude, Josh Z and Machuran like this.

__________________________________________________

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Waboman is online now  
post #2182 of 2438 Old 04-06-2015, 11:08 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 564
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
The GGI has always been somewhat laughable.
Too bad the showrunners don't appear to care.
They have bigger problems, like their writing, which they should be caring about that, but unfortunately they don't seem interested in that either.
Machuran is offline  
post #2183 of 2438 Old 04-06-2015, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Aleron Ives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,689
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 901 Post(s)
Liked: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
It's not that they don't care. Their CG budget has been reallocated to baby food. Multiple baby plots ain't cheap.
Next week's Wesen: the Gerberschwein!

Adalind: "My baaaaaabyyyyyy... is hungry!"
Machuran likes this.
Aleron Ives is offline  
post #2184 of 2438 Old 04-06-2015, 02:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 11,518
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 721 Post(s)
Liked: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Next week's Wesen: the Gerberschwein!

Adalind: "My baaaaaabyyyyyy... is hungry!"
Guessing .. this Wesen regurgitates Baby Food and looks like :


Machuran likes this.

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is online now  
post #2185 of 2438 Old 04-07-2015, 01:01 AM
Advanced Member
 
RayGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 964
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
...with a Hexenbump.

Actually it's a Grexenbump or Hexrimbump ....
RayGuy is offline  
post #2186 of 2438 Old 04-07-2015, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
DrLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,258
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 161
You know that some CGI it isn't even CGI, most of Hexette's is a double with mask/makeup, not actual CGI over her real face.

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
DrLar is offline  
post #2187 of 2438 Old 04-07-2015, 01:27 PM
Member
 
b5fan001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 41
  1. Juliette will go to kill Adalind.
  2. Juliette will either realize Adalind is pregnant or Adalind will tell her.
  3. Adalind will tell Juliette it is Nick's
  4. Juliette goes all Hexenbiest out of rage or jealousy, attacks Nick, gets the surprise of Trubel coming to Nick's rescue and blood is spilled.
  5. In the course of kiling Trubel, Juliette gets Trubels blood in her.
  6. No more Hexen-Juliette.
  7. But, Juliette doesn't reunite with Nick because of guilt for killing Trubel.
  8. It takes all of season five for Nick and Juliette to find their way back to each other.


Oh Yeah....I'm usually totally wrong about these things. I'm really bad at predicting what will happen on any show.

-B
b5fan001 is offline  
post #2188 of 2438 Old 04-07-2015, 01:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
John dhein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 'Sconsin
Posts: 524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by b5fan001 View Post
  1. Juliette will go to kill Adalind.
  2. Juliette will either realize Adalind is pregnant or Adalind will tell her.
  3. Adalind will tell Juliette it is Nick's
  4. Juliette goes all Hexenbiest out of rage or jealousy, attacks Nick, gets the surprise of Trubel coming to Nick's rescue and blood is spilled.
  5. In the course of kiling Trubel, Juliette gets Trubels blood in her.
  6. No more Hexen-Juliette.
  7. But, Juliette doesn't reunite with Nick because of guilt for killing Trubel.
  8. It takes all of season five for Nick and Juliette to find their way back to each other.


Oh Yeah....I'm usually totally wrong about these things. I'm really bad at predicting what will happen on any show.

-B
Hell you just described 3 seasons.
John dhein is offline  
post #2189 of 2438 Old 04-07-2015, 04:05 PM
Advanced Member
 
RayGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 964
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Fantasy finish:

Juliette and Adalind kill each other (and can't be revived by any means).

Horror finish:

Juliette and Adalind are fine and Trubel returns pregnant

Actual predicted finish:

Juliette ends up with the Captain after saving his life by killing the Cousin (yeah, she's that bad ass). Trubel gives Juliette's ex the best **** of his life and they form a Grimm-couple of righteous vengeance against all evil.

That this all revolves around Juliette is why the show will be canceled if it doesn't get it's act together.

Last edited by RayGuy; 04-07-2015 at 11:06 PM.
RayGuy is offline  
post #2190 of 2438 Old 04-07-2015, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 2,398
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 285
I see a Juliette, Adelind and Trubel love triangle and orgy.
If this doesn't happen, I will delete this show from my queue.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
daryl zero is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Grimm Season One Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Grimm The Complete Second Season Blu Ray Ultraviolet Widescreen

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off