'Grimm' on NBC HD - Page 76 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 217Likes

post #2251 of 2265 Old 04-30-2015, 10:03 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by b5fan001 View Post
Looks like I'm the only one around here who still enjoys this show. Too bad.

L8r,
-B

P.S. I'll check in next season. I'm listening to he AfterBuzz TV and GRIMM Podcasts. It is nice to find folks who still enjoy the show.
I still enjoy the show, just far less than I used to. One of the reasons I am so upset with where the writing has gone (or not gone) is because I actually do like the show and want it do do well and last.
CANNON-FODDER and tomhunter8 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2252 of 2265 Old 04-30-2015, 10:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 282
Given a choice of monster of the week or a new hexenbeat/grimm offspring branch to the story arc.......I'd go with the latter.

Tools: Calman 5, Chromapure, VideoForge HDMI II, Klein K10A, eecolor colorbox.
Displays: Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Pioneer 51, Tivo Roamio and Mini, Dish VIP722.
Audio: Marantz AV8801, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP
post #2253 of 2265 Old 04-30-2015, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 200
With the loss of the "library" how will they to know what they're dealing with. The showrunner will have to stick with the Wesen we know and love.
Machuran likes this.
post #2254 of 2265 Old Yesterday, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
L8r,
-B
P.S. I'll check in next season. I'm listening to he AfterBuzz TV and GRIMM Podcasts. It is nice to find folks who still enjoy the show.
You are not the only one. I am still very much enjoying Grimm and is one of the shows that I still watch very shortly after it has been recorded (1-2 days max.) Just like others, there are areas that I wish they would go on a different direction, but overall, still one of my favorites....
ltownsend likes this.
post #2255 of 2265 Old Yesterday, 01:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 675 Post(s)
Liked: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
With the loss of the "library" how will they to know what they're dealing with. The showrunner will have to stick with the Wesen we know and love.
It will be discovered that if Grimm blood is dripped onto any ashes in what's left of the Trailer, it will magically resurrect whatever the blood lands on .. or Kelly Burkhardt will appear and reveal that she has a perfect duplicate trailer squirreled away in the foothills of Harlan, Kentucky under the Guardianship of Raylan Givens, who turns out to actually be a Grimm as well ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #2256 of 2265 Old Yesterday, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
It will be discovered that if Grimm blood is dripped onto any ashes in what's left of the Trailer, it will magically resurrect whatever the blood lands on .. or Kelly Burkhardt will appear and reveal that she has a perfect duplicate trailer squirreled away in the foothills of Harlan, Kentucky under the Guardianship of Raylan Givens, who turns out to actually be a Grimm as well ..
You must think this show is a fantasy instead of a documentary.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #2257 of 2265 Old Yesterday, 02:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 675 Post(s)
Liked: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
Crap, no wonder ..
Machuran likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #2258 of 2265 Old Yesterday, 05:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
I don't trust it. It was fully funded by the Royals.
post #2259 of 2265 Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:

L8r,
-B

I still like the show too....Liking it is what makes putting up with disappointing storylines hurt. Akin to sports team love. You support your team, but can't help but worry, fret, grouse and scream when decisions are made you can just see won't work (for you.).

TNT has the reruns on Friday afternoons, and I caught part of the season 3 ender- Nick losing his Grimmness at Monroe &Rosalee's wedding, followed by the very first episode. I found myself feeling nostalgic for that early show feel/vibe that was there. It was fun, and some of that zest has sadly gone missing this season.

I realized something after watching the pilot episode. Everything that's happened is all Analind's fault. Had she not tried killing poor Aunt Marie in the hospital- while Nick was sitting asleep at her bedside, and simply waited until he left, Renard's master plan would have worked!!! He'd have his own personal loyal Grimm under his control, none the wiser that he was behind killing Auntie...

Tonight's episode was a vast improvement, pity it took so many not so great episodes to set up the season's end game. Though I will gripe over something...I hate how the writers have treated Hank's behavior towards Juliette. He was friend to both of them, not just Nick, but ever since the Juliette amnesia arc, he's been written as having little to zero interest in her well being, outside of how it affects Nick. Would've been nice to have him go to her and talk to her after learning of her transformation. Try to help her. But no, we get him pulling a gun on her without hesitation, because it's all about Nick, his friendship with her forgotten.

Positive thoughts, at least Wu didn't conviently pull out digital scans of all the books in the trailer. And I had to chuckle over Kelly Burkhart's email name.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150501_193251.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	255.1 KB
ID:	696274  

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
post #2260 of 2265 Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 774 Post(s)
Liked: 383
I guess none of the people standing around in the spice shop thought to just grab Nick's gun.
Machuran likes this.
post #2261 of 2265 Old Yesterday, 08:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 127
I enjoyed as well the earlier episodes of Grimm and often feel that this show, like so many others, suffer after the major dramas are done and just kind of ramble on or the writers will do something shocking to get viewer attention.

For those old enough to remember, the original Dark Shadows day time drama threw in every type of storyline they could muster up and it was somewhat hit and miss. One would think that today's writers would be a bit more aware and clever not to let the shows wear out the viewer with mediocre story lines or using a "shocking twist" in place of clever writing.

In the meanwhile, I'll stay somewhat faithful to the Grimm series and hope for the best.
post #2262 of 2265 Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
I guess none of the people standing around in the spice shop thought to just grab Nick's gun.
Character induced stupidity is the only way they can contrive forced cliffhangers that are then spoiled in the promo of course. .
post #2263 of 2265 Old Today, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 85
I love Monroe just standing there instead of trying to move out of the way.
Oh, and I'm so glad they had that whole potion setup just to have Juliette break the glass. No one thought to save some just in case?

I think it's pretty much a given that Renard is Jack the Ripper. As for Nick screaming "NO!" in the coming preview, I only pray it's because Juliette is finally dead. God she annoys me now.
Machuran likes this.
post #2264 of 2265 Old Today, 10:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post
I love Monroe just standing there instead of trying to move out of the way.
Oh, and I'm so glad they had that whole potion setup just to have Juliette break the glass. No one thought to save some just in case?

I think it's pretty much a given that Renard is Jack the Ripper. As for Nick screaming "NO!" in the coming preview, I only pray it's because Juliette is finally dead. God she annoys me now.
It's just so stupid, just stand around and get shot, you had plenty of time to get out of the way. As for Nick trying to use a gun, he just saw Hank get knocked back while trying to do just that.
post #2265 of 2265 Old Today, 10:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Liked: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post
As for Nick screaming "NO!" in the coming preview, I only pray it's because Juliette is finally dead. God she annoys me now.
I'm having the opposite reaction to the new and improved Juliette. She could actually be the first semi-interesting villain on the show if they would just let her be one instead of trying to save her all the time. She's already done more Hexenmagic in like three episodes than Adalind has done for the entire duration of the series. At least somebody with witchywoo powers actually gets to throw knives and people around. Most of the Wesen are pretty lame, but being a Hexenbiest would actually be pretty fun if you got Juliette's free pass to do whatever you wanted without consequences.

It would be hilarious if Nick's "NOOO!" was in response to the Wesen Council popping by to lop off Juliette's head, though. *chop* Season over! Now I'm not sure which outcome I want more...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Grimm Season One Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Grimm The Complete Second Season Blu Ray Ultraviolet Widescreen

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page