'Grimm' on NBC HD - Page 77 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 225Likes

post #2281 of 2285 Old Today, 02:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post
I was screaming since they made that potion to put it in a plastic container, it almost broke once, by then they should use one neuron on their brains to pour it to a safer one.
I think the "magic potion" scene was almost standout ridiculous .. I mean, did anyone watching the show actually think Juliette was going to drink it .. ?? Now, had the writers utilized Juliette's newly acquired psychokinesis to make someone else in the room drink it (like Nick) that might have been interesting ..

And I'm letting the magical fire retardant properties of some crucial items in the trailer slide ..

I do really like one part of the show .. Bud Eisenbiber is a laugh riot .. "Does he like pie .. ?? "
And the second best line of the episode I award to Adalind .. "I just drank my Mother" ..

Maybe we're all just seeing it wrong .. it's a comedy ..

Oh, and one more tidbit : Juliette : "I like who I am now" .. Nick : "Well, we don't" .. Emmy worthy and a great example on how to make friends and influence people ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2282 of 2285 Old Today, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
As usual, the sloppy writing of this show eliminates most plausible explanations for every event. It would make sense that Hexenbiests are just naturally malevolent and thus Juliette can't resist what's happening to her forever (since she really was horrified at the beginning), except that the whole "Hexenbiests are naturally evil" excuse doesn't work when we consider that Adalind is now supposed to be a sympathetic character who's actually helping Nick instead of trying to kill him. The writers can't have it both ways. Either Hexenbiests can control themselves or they can't.
I didn't say naturally malevolent. I said "id" driven which is more hedonistic or self-centered which appears to be the way of it.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #2283 of 2285 Old Today, 04:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
The writers can't have it both ways. Either Hexenbiests can control themselves or they can't.
And this is the problem with the way they went about it, they tried to do both that she was in control (like the spice shop scene) and that she doesn't (when she went about blaming Nick and the others for the unforeseen side effect).

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
This is the kind of situation which usually results in the forced administration of the cure or the death of the person with some redemption at the end. I don't think the show is going to kill her off.
And that's another problem, it would be yet another predictable cop out and then they had to destroy the trailer along with it as well as whoever dies in the next 2 episodes. Once again, it's brushed under the rug and another terrible storyline would take its place.
post #2284 of 2285 Old Today, 05:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
I actually have pretty much always liked Juliette, at least when she was, er, Juliette ..

All I can say at this point is stay tuned for the nail biting, teeth grinding, edge of your seat, slap yo Momma finale .. thank God ..

Is it just me or does it seem like this Season has lasted about 4 years .. ??
At least 4 years. This season has really worn me down.
post #2285 of 2285 Old Today, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhunter8 View Post
At least 4 years. This season has really worn me down.
Those awful mid-season sabbaticals don't help at all. I would like a hexenbeast to take out whatever exec thought it would be a good idea to interrupt a show for 2 - 3 months.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Grimm Season One Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Grimm The Complete Second Season Blu Ray Ultraviolet Widescreen