"Hell on Wheels" on AMC HD - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 729 Old 11-23-2014, 11:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 49
It's amazing how the Swede keeps getting away with murder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 729 Old 11-24-2014, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 39
have to have the final showdown somewhere in the final season between Bohannon and the Swede. Maybe the Swede finds his family first?
post #723 of 729 Old 11-28-2014, 09:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
Liked: 433
Finally had a chance to catch up with the last three episodes.

The Dead Rabbits? I guess somebody just watched Gangs of New York and said, "Hey, let's throw that in the show!"

Did anybody count how many montages the second-to-last episode had? I lost track around 50.

Ruth allowing herself to be executed was a stupid plot contrivance to generate drama. There's absolutely no reason at all she would have been charged with murder for what she did.

The finale was pretty much a mess in terms of narrative. Let's just have everyone leave town at the same time so that they can conveniently meet up again somewhere else next season!
acebreathe likes this.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

post #724 of 729 Old 11-28-2014, 09:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Ruth allowing herself to be executed was a stupid plot contrivance to generate drama. There's absolutely no reason at all she would have been charged with murder for what she did.
I agree that Ruth's decision to be hanged, rather than accepting a reprieve, was ridiculous. I thought Campbell's decision to charge her with murder worked, though. Campbell is a rigid man with a mean streak and bad judgment, so I thought his charging Ruth with murder was consistent with what we know of the man.
acebreathe likes this.
post #725 of 729 Old 11-29-2014, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
I agree that Ruth's decision to be hanged, rather than accepting a reprieve, was ridiculous. I thought Campbell's decision to charge her with murder worked, though. Campbell is a rigid man with a mean streak and bad judgment, so I thought his charging Ruth with murder was consistent with what we know of the man.
Ruth's decision was ridiculous, but as I stated before, she had been exposed to so much psychological pain in her life that she just decided to end it. If Cullen hadn't been married, I think she would have definitely accepted the pardon. They obviously cared deeply for each other, but Cullen's sense of responsibility to his family precluded the love he had for Ruth and she knew it. I will definitely miss her as I have missed Lily Bell.
post #726 of 729 Old 11-29-2014, 07:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 38
[QUOTE=BoilerJim I will definitely miss her as I have missed Lily Bell.[/QUOTE]
If you indeed miss a television character than the Writer, Director, Showrunner and Actor has done their job.
apk8 likes this.
post #727 of 729 Old 11-29-2014, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay1952 View Post
If you indeed miss a television character than the Writer, Director, Showrunner and Actor has done their job.
Walter White

Perhaps I misremembered.

post #728 of 729 Old Today, 11:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
I really like Mount. When it comes to playing good looking but weird southerners he is in a class with Matthew McConaughey.
Finally had the time to binge watch over the last 2 days and I've got 2.5 episodes left to finish out the season .. stayed away from the thread, naturally ..

What I like about the character Bohannon is the Code he lives by .. lines like "Don't say I did not try and work this out ahead of time" .. "We can settle this like gentlemen, it does not have to end bad" .. almost impart a Super Hero type feel, somewhat like Reese in "Person of Interest" in a way .. and many other protagonists for that matter .. and no matter how often he gets the crap kicked out of him, he rises to overcome ..

Myself, I think it's a great show, it's nice to have a Western, although it may not quite be "Deadwood", it's still a good addition to the TV landscape and I hope, when it ends, something similar comes along ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #729 of 729 Old Today, 08:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 711
Done ... I have to say the single buffalo scene by the side of the track was great, and that old Dylan song, I Shall Be Released was a fitting ending song ...

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Hell On Wheels The Complete First Season Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Hell by PriceGrabber.com