"Hell on Wheels" on AMC HD - Page 26 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #751 of 754 Old Yesterday, 09:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by apk8 View Post
Couldn't disagree more. Swede is the perfect antagonist to Cullen. The evil twin cut from the same cloth. Boiled down, Bohannon has committed the same atrocities as Gunderson. Choking Lilly Bell to death was murder. Killing the Army dude whom Bohannon misidentified as being part of his wife and child's demise is just as much a murder. They are similar human beings with only one of them looking for redemption.
I agree that the Swede remains an important character. His morality is ambiguous but so is Cullen Bohannan's. The Swede wants to believe that he has "found Jesus" and Bohannan tells himself he is a decent man, no matter the evidence to the contrary. The juxtaposition of these two flawed characters remains very interesting to me.
Keenan likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 754 Old Yesterday, 10:12 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 1604
I still enjoy HOW and I'm glad the Swede is still around. However, I certainly miss a lot of the other characters the were still alive in the previous season(s).

I don't know Butchie instead
post #753 of 754 Old Yesterday, 03:12 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked: 792
This show continues to deliver on the picture quality, even with all the white snow to deal with this season the image quality on this show is still spectacular. Seeing the crisp, detailed imagery and color palette is half the fun of watching for me. It's just gorgeous.
Zookster and Turrican4D like this.
post #754 of 754 Old Today, 11:35 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I thought the way they shot the scenes with Bohannon and Fong tumbling down the mountain was really well done.
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Hell On Wheels The Complete First Season Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Hell by PriceGrabber.com