EJ
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by recorder View Post

I must of been asleep at the wheel when I posted my top picks, or maybe I omitted it because it wrapped weeks ago, but I have to give credit to the meanest, baddest, most incorrigible of all these characters:
WALTER WHITE!! Yeah, "Breaking BAD".

You're right. Dexter, you're out! Get in here Breaking Bad!

Former USSB uplink operator.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 128 Old 12-15-2011, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEC2 View Post

If you haven't been watching this series - go catch up. Last night's episode (#7) was as good as anything I have ever seen, in any medium.

It literally is worth watching the 6 previous hours just to watch this hour in context. What a gut punch that episode was.

Agree 100%

I just got into this show this week and watched all the episodes-- can't agree more with your post. (BTW, VOD is a great thing ) But the last 3 episodes were spectacular television-- excellent writing!

Larry

I thought we were
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #63 of 128 Old 12-15-2011, 08:47 AM

Liked: 11
I really enjoyed this show. The writing was phenomenal and really really liked the way it was shot. Can't wait for season two but I'll miss certain scenes with kitty

Love sports, movies, and games. Slowly some day I'll add a projector and screen. Until then, I'll build up my library.
post #64 of 128 Old 12-15-2011, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Terrific as usual. You can certainly see how they cleverly crafted that finale to be satisfying even if it wasn't renewed and left room for it to actually be renewed at the same time (which, of course, it was). I was unsure about the talk between Kane and Stone being imagined vs. real as the background cuts showed the various events and outcomes. It played a little like the end scene in the Godfather II (I think) where they juxtapose calm scenes of Michael in thought with cuts to his enemies being dealt with. Grammer really needs an Emmy for this.

Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
post #65 of 128 Old 12-16-2011, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
About the scene between Kane and Stone: while the writing does get tricky weaving imagined vs. real (not to mention time shifting), my take is that their meeting did take place. Mainly because of the lucidity with which Stone explained himself. Meaning I don't believe Kane would possess the kind of objective self-awareness to have an inner discussion like that. While he might understand the points Stone raised, I don't think they would have arisen completely out of self-reflection.

At any rate, the last word out of Kane's mouth (when he was shown as alone) was "Stoney" (at least that's what I thought I heard). That suggested to me he ordered the hit. But Stone was shot in the gut and left to bleed -- not a very clean hit, unless the intent was not to kill but to punish.
post #66 of 128 Old 12-16-2011, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce73 View Post

At any rate, the last word out of Kane's mouth (when he was shown as alone) was "Stoney" (at least that's what I thought I heard). That suggested to me he ordered the hit. But Stone was shot in the gut and left to bleed -- not a very clean hit, unless the intent was not to kill but to punish.

I did wonder about that. Why not a head or a chest shot. The gut shot might not be fatal if somehow help was received before Stone could bleed out. If I recall correctly, the wound was in the lower right quadrant of the abdominal cavity and hit possibly the liver and or intestines or could have have precisely placed to miss anything critical. A professional hit man might know where to place a round as one of the "tools of the trade".
post #67 of 128 Old 01-17-2012, 12:13 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked: 404
post #68 of 128 Old 01-19-2012, 02:43 AM
Gov
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

In case anyone missed the news,

Kelsey Grammer Golden Globes 2012: Wins Best Actor For 'Boss'

And rightfully so!

Panny TC-P65VT60 (calibrated by Chad B), Denon AVR-4311, Comcast X1 DVR, Apple TV 3, Sony BDP-S5100,  Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers (mains), Horizon (CC) and HTM-200's (Surr), Dual PSA XV15 Subwoofers!!
post #69 of 128 Old 01-19-2012, 09:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Agreed! I was glad to see that.
post #70 of 128 Old 04-27-2012, 05:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Nielsen/TV Notes
First look at 'Boss' season two (with Jonathan Groff)
By James Hibberd, EW.com's 'Inside TV' Blog - Apr. 27, 2012

EXCLUSIVE: There's changes coming to the second season of Starz' Boss and EW.com has your first look.

In addition to a new showrunner Dee Johnson (The Good Wife), there's several cast members and guest stars joining the show, backing up star Kelsey Grammer who recently won a Golden Globe for his performance as the ruthless Chicago Mayor Tom Kane.

The Boss additions include Jonathan Groff (Glee) as Kane's new ambitious young adviser, Sanaa Lathan (Nip/Tuck), as Alderman Ross' strong-willed Chief of Staff, rapper Tip (T.I.) Harris as a former gangbanger with designs on a career in City Hall and Amy Morton (Private Practice) as a politician running for Governor who's determined to break her losing streak.

Here's a behind-the-scenes peek at the new season (including, yes, a couple glimpses of Groff) which gets underway on Starz on Friday, Aug. 17 at 10 p.m.: [CLICK LINK BELOW]

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/04/27/boss-jonathan-groff/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #71 of 128 Old 08-17-2012, 04:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 635
Just a bump - The Boss is back! Tonight on Starz. Be there or be buried alive under a runway.
post #72 of 128 Old 08-17-2012, 05:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Just a bump - The Boss is back! Tonight on Starz. Be there or be buried alive under a runway.

Ha. biggrin.gif

Hey, I stopped by the Architecture firm who laid me off a few years ago. They were all proud to see me and proud of my weight loss and muscle gain. The President said he'd hire me back if they had more money.

I'm looking forward to Strike Back on Cinemax tonight!! biggrin.gif
Have a good day, and enjoy your premier of "Boss".
post #73 of 128 Old 08-17-2012, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Hey, I stopped by the Architecture firm who laid me off a few years ago. The President said he'd hire me back if they had more money.

That's a common refrain among architects and other design professionals these days. Not enough work, not enough money. People who aren't involved in the construction industry, even tangentially, have no idea just how bad the Great Recession actually was. Many industries were virtually unaffected or recovered quickly, but our industry was devastated and it might be 10 more years before we're back to pre-recession levels. All I can tell you is hang in there best you can, or find something else with more job security. That would be... just about anything. wink.gif

Anyway, we've got Tom Kane back tonight to chew more Chicago scenery as only Kelsey Grammer can. Woot!
post #74 of 128 Old 08-22-2012, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 96
So..... was the wife shot? I didn't see any blood on Tom and the wife was still laying down...

I'm also guessing that Kitty will tell the reporter she's pregnant and whose is it..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #75 of 128 Old 08-22-2012, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

So..... was the wife shot? I didn't see any blood on Tom and the wife was still laying down...
That was my impression -- the dropped sunglasses, the shoe -- all seemed to point in that direction.

I went back and watched the first season before starting the second and was impressed all over again. The first time it aired I was so amazed by Kelsey Grammar I didn't fully appreciate how great other aspects were -- the writing, the direction. I'm glad it's back. wink.gif

post #76 of 128 Old 08-22-2012, 06:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 45
It was definitely the wife, it's made clearer in the promos for this week.
post #77 of 128 Old 08-23-2012, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

I've been a little puzzled by the cold-blooded nature of Tom's mysterious hit man. Killing Ezra Stone? eek.gif Even though it almost seemed as though Stone was expecting an attempt on his life after his confession, and resigned to his fate when it actually happened. I'll be honest - that shocked the heck out of me as much as anything I've ever seen on TV.

It was inferred - by Kane - that his "fixer" had "exceeded his authority", at least in terms of the good doctor's forced exile, leaving one to wonder just how deep Kane's ruthlessness goes. Is he really a murderer? And if his wife is killed, will that cause him to go completely off the rails?
post #78 of 128 Old 08-23-2012, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

I think the attempt on his life/wife's life was done by Emma's boyfriend gang (or him alone), getting back at him for putting her in jail perhaps?

Or maybe that lady that they voted out? (did the vote got thru? )

post #79 of 128 Old 08-23-2012, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by acebreathe View Post

It was definitely the wife, it's made clearer in the promos for this week.

They showed her sitting at the table at a family dinner so she obviously wasn't injured badly.
post #80 of 128 Old 08-23-2012, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpayne View Post

They showed her sitting at the table at a family dinner so she obviously wasn't injured badly.

Aaaand, that's why I don't watch the previews anymore on shows like this. I know the official spoiler rules are anything goes from the show or the in-show previews for next week, but it couldn't hurt to maybe put that kind of thing in spoiler tags if it's from a preview. Heck, I thought she was probably dead as that would accelerate Tom's ruthless decent. But she's evidently a tough ol' bird (and really, really hot in a GMILF way).
post #81 of 128 Old 08-23-2012, 12:13 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked: 404
Quote:

Aaaand, that's why I don't watch the previews anymore on shows like this. I know the official spoiler rules are anything goes from the show or the in-show previews for next week, but it couldn't hurt to maybe put that kind of thing in spoiler tags if it's from a preview. Heck, I thought she was probably dead as that would accelerate Tom's ruthless decent. But she's evidently a tough ol' bird (and really, really hot in a GMILF way).
I don't either, they can be very misleading, and at worst actually destroy any drama and tension that may have been built up in the current episode by revealing all is well and good in the next episode, as it apparently is in this case. I'm done with previews, period.
post #82 of 128 Old 08-24-2012, 01:14 AM
Advanced Member

The scenes at the dinner table were part of This Season on Boss. They could very well be a flashback to when Emma was at home. What i was refering to was a scene where she is shown in the hospital in the ER. I hat e it too when previews show that a character whose fate was up in the air is shown to be aokay. 24 used to be the worst for that kind of stuff and I stopped watching the previews because of it.
post #83 of 128 Old 08-27-2012, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mmm Kitty trying to make contact with Kane, he totally ignored her, too bad...

Kane taking advantage of his wife shooting to pass that vote, and her accusing him of doing this to her.. did he order that hit? remember they commented the shot was from 700+ ft, so it was a professional, not that black dude that dated Emma..

post #84 of 128 Old 08-27-2012, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Mmm Kitty trying to make contact with Kane, he totally ignored her, too bad...
Kane taking advantage of his wife shooting to pass that vote, and her accusing him of doing this to her.. did he order that hit? remember they commented the shot was from 700+ ft, so it was a professional, not that black dude that dated Emma..

Emma's "boyfriend" hired a pro to do the shooting, that's my guess.

Don't know what they have planned for Kitty, but a reunion - even one of convenience - with Kane appears to be out of the question.
post #85 of 128 Old 08-28-2012, 12:36 AM
Advanced Member

There's enough bad blood around Kane at this point that it could be anybody. I also think that blowing off Kitty is a major mistake. I don't think that the target was supposed to be his wife.
post #86 of 128 Old 08-28-2012, 05:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Ummm, maybe the target was Meredith. She's a malevolent machiavellian power figure in her own right. She's probably made her own share of enemies. Maybe Babe, because he's jealous of Kane having Meredith or maybe she ditched him for Kane years earlier (maybe they had an affair) and he's been carrying a torch (and grudge) ever since?

The plotline they've established points squarely to Darius. That's why it's possibly misdirection. Hey, I watch TV. tongue.gif
post #87 of 128 Old 08-28-2012, 06:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acebreathe View Post

There's enough bad blood around Kane at this point that it could be anybody. I also think that blowing off Kitty is a major mistake. I don't think that the target was supposed to be his wife.
I don't either. When they were stepping down off the platform, Kane had a vision of Ezra which seemed to make him falter and pull back just as the shot rang out, causing Meredith to be in the line of fire. Maybe. wink.gif
post #88 of 128 Old 08-28-2012, 06:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce73 View Post

I don't either. When they were stepping down off the platform, Kane had a vision of Ezra which seemed to make him falter and pull back just as the shot rang out, causing Meredith to be in the line of fire. Maybe. wink.gif

Wasn't she behind him?
post #89 of 128 Old 08-28-2012, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce73 View Post

Wasn't she behind him?

I'll have to watch it again, but I thought the vision startled him and he jerked backwards. Since he had Meredith's hand, it pulled her around enough to get hit.
post #90 of 128 Old 09-10-2012, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

This is getting more interesting every minute...

Didn't think that Kane would be interested in the love life of Mona (up close and filmed) and I think he's falling for her?

He should put a spy camera on his assistant, I think he picked the wrong person to spy on..

Kitty switching sides, gets rid of Zajac's baby, nice complete 180 there.. then gets punched on the stomach by Zajac's wife.. LOL

And they pulled a full Lewinsky this ep.. LOL

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page