"Once Upon a Time" on ABC HD - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #631 of 1260 Old 04-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Senior Member
 
lokar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by chestnu1 View Post

Freud would have a field day with the people on this show and there issues. Anyone else thinking that it is just a matter of time before Regina kills her mother?

I was sure that was going to happen at the end of this episode but I guess they are saving it for a later one. I can't believe they're making us wait 3 weeks for a new episode, I have half a mind to just wait and get the blu-ray set and then I wouldn't have to deal with those horrible snipe advertisements that are constantly on screen.
lokar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #632 of 1260 Old 04-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Senior Member
 
chestnu1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 396
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokar View Post

I was sure that was going to happen at the end of this episode but I guess they are saving it for a later one. I can't believe they're making us wait 3 weeks for a new episode, I have half a mind to just wait and get the blu-ray set and then I wouldn't have to deal with those horrible snipe advertisements that are constantly on screen.

Well after the 3 week break we get the last 4 episodes of the season in a row, it seems kinda pointless to wait for the Blu-ray and it could be a long wait because ABC is terrible about releasing Blu-ray sets for any show not named lost.

You can never judge a show by its pilot episode or the half season following it.
chestnu1 is offline  
post #633 of 1260 Old 04-03-2012, 07:27 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
mrvideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 6,223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by chestnu1 View Post

it seems kinda pointless to wait for the Blu-ray and it could be a long wait because ABC is terrible about releasing Blu-ray sets for any show not named lost.

To be specific, it is the production company, ABC Studios, not the network, that doesn't release shows on Blu-ray. There are shows on ABC that make it to Blu-ray, Rookies being one of them.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

mrvideo is offline  
post #634 of 1260 Old 04-03-2012, 07:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Amnesia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post

To be specific, it is the production company, ABC Studios, not the network, that doesn't release shows on Blu-ray.

Yeah, but ABC Studios is producing OUaT...
Amnesia is offline  
post #635 of 1260 Old 04-03-2012, 08:24 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
mrvideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 6,223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Correct. I never said that it wasn't. Just trying to point out that because it is on ABC doesn't necessarily mean that it won't be released on Blu-ray. I probably should have added that OUaT is an ABC Studios production, meaning that it more-than-likely won't be released on Blu-ray.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

mrvideo is offline  
post #636 of 1260 Old 04-03-2012, 09:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cocoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post

Correct. I never said that it wasn't. Just trying to point out that because it is on ABC doesn't necessarily mean that it won't be released on Blu-ray. I probably should have added that OUaT is an ABC Studios production, meaning that it more-than-likely won't be released on Blu-ray.


So it is believed that the coupon with the 4 episode DVD sampler coupon was in error mentioning a blu-ray set?
cocoon is offline  
post #637 of 1260 Old 04-03-2012, 09:24 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
mrvideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 6,223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 86
What 4 episode coupon?

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

mrvideo is offline  
post #638 of 1260 Old 04-03-2012, 10:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cocoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post

What 4 episode coupon?

There was a coupon in the OUAT sampler sold at target. It was good for a discount on the full season dvd or blu-ray.
cocoon is offline  
post #639 of 1260 Old 04-03-2012, 10:41 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
mrvideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 6,223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 86
As if I were going to go to Target and buy a sampler DVD. Not! Blu-rays are cheaper from Amazon, for example, and I don't pay tax.

That said, I have no idea what prompted ABC Studios to get off their fat-asses and actually release this series on Blu-ray. It isn't exactly another Lost.

It is great to know that it will be forthcoming on Blu-ray, though I've yet to see anything on the TV Shows on DVD website.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

mrvideo is offline  
post #640 of 1260 Old 04-04-2012, 12:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Sharp1080's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Southern Calif
Posts: 1,790
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post

As if I were going to go to Target and buy a sampler DVD. Not! Blu-rays are cheaper from Amazon, for example, and I don't pay tax.

That said, I have no idea what prompted ABC Studios to get off their fat-asses and actually release this series on Blu-ray. It isn't exactly another Lost.

It is great to know that it will be forthcoming on Blu-ray, though I've yet to see anything on the TV Shows on DVD website.


No tax is nice but you have to pay for shipping!
Sharp1080 is offline  
post #641 of 1260 Old 04-04-2012, 12:59 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
mrvideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 6,223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post

No tax is nice but you have to pay for shipping!

I guess you don't use super saver shipping. Free with $25+ purchase. This series' Blu-ray will be $25+.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

mrvideo is offline  
post #642 of 1260 Old 04-04-2012, 07:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
NetworkTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CT
Posts: 15,548
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post

No tax is nice but you have to pay for shipping!

I've never paid for shipping when Amazon is the seller.

Even using super saver, I usually have ages small items in my cart I'm not in a rush to buy that I can use to make up the $25.

Of course, now I am a prime customer, which includes 2 day shipping.
NetworkTV is offline  
post #643 of 1260 Old 04-04-2012, 09:23 AM
Moderator
 
CPanther95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 23,795
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I'm Prime also and once got a 200 lb. Weber grill shipped out next day for $3.99. 2 Days would have been free.
CPanther95 is offline  
post #644 of 1260 Old 04-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Senior Member
 
chestnu1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 396
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoon View Post


There was a coupon in the OUAT sampler sold at target. It was good for a discount on the full season dvd or blu-ray.

I did not know that, it does change a few things. Any word on a release date?

You can never judge a show by its pilot episode or the half season following it.
chestnu1 is offline  
post #645 of 1260 Old 04-04-2012, 10:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
NetworkTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CT
Posts: 15,548
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

I'm Prime also and once got a 200 lb. Weber grill shipped out next day for $3.99. 2 Days would have been free.

I'm pretty sure I paid for at least half the cost of my prime membership having 50 pounds of home theater gear shipped to me using 2 day shipping. Better yet, it arrived the next day, so I got nextday shipping for free.

That doesn't even take into account all the free books, music and streaming media I've consumed as part of that membership.

But, as to the original question of why buy in the store, I get a lot of discounts sent to me in addition to the normal coupons Disney offers. Those are in store only, and more than make up for the sales tax.
NetworkTV is offline  
post #646 of 1260 Old 04-05-2012, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ridgefamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Tigard, OR
Posts: 1,660
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post

Not only that, but the kid must be a great mimic too because she had me wondering if they had Ginnifer dub the voice.

I was equally impressed with the younger not-yet-Queen. Lana Parrilla, made up as a younger woman, changed the timbre of her voice just right to effectively carry that off. However, at the time when she realized she had been set up by her mother, her more mature voice with the evil, deeper tones emerged.

I love how a heart can be drawn from the chest through clothing without leaving a mark. Zombies would be jealous. I need to see the back story of how the mother came upon her magic powers.
ridgefamus is offline  
post #647 of 1260 Old 04-05-2012, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sirjonsnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,480
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgefamus View Post

I love how a heart can be drawn from the chest through clothing without leaving a mark. Zombies would be jealous. I need to see the back story of how the mother came upon her magic powers.

Sankara stone.
sirjonsnow is online now  
post #648 of 1260 Old 04-07-2012, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
73shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: KC, MO area
Posts: 2,230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgefamus View Post


I love how a heart can be drawn from the chest through clothing without leaving a mark. Zombies would be jealous.

Just a refinement of the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart maneuver. (Kill Bill 2)

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
73shark is offline  
post #649 of 1260 Old 04-08-2012, 12:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
HDMe2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kittrell, NC
Posts: 5,185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 101
I'm most curious to see how they explain how the heart they found was a DNA match to the missing woman... who has now turned up alive (presumably with a heart)...

That seems like it would be tough to explain, because even if they can't try Mary for murdering the woman who has reappeared... it still doesn't change that they found a heart in a box that has Mary's fingerprints and a murder weapon...

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
HDMe2 is offline  
post #650 of 1260 Old 04-08-2012, 04:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
NetworkTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CT
Posts: 15,548
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

Just a refinement of the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart maneuver. (Kill Bill 2)

That or the spine removal from Mortal Kombat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

I'm most curious to see how they explain how the heart they found was a DNA match to the missing woman... who has now turned up alive (presumably with a heart)...

That seems like it would be tough to explain, because even if they can't try Mary for murdering the woman who has reappeared... it still doesn't change that they found a heart in a box that has Mary's fingerprints and a murder weapon...

Assuming the fact that the heart was deemed to be a DNA match, despite the fact that she's obviously alive, it could allow for the idea that it wasn't even a human heart at all. Even if the heart is actually human, any two bit lawyer could get it, the knife and the box thrown out as evidence based on obvious issues with collection and lab procedures. In other words, fingerprint evidence would also be suspect and merely be there based on the fact that the box was Snow's - meaning they wouldn't tie her directly to some other potential murder and lack of other fingerprints could be a sign of either additional lab error or tampering.

It would be a slam dunk for the defense.

No matter what, they wouldn't be able to hold her on the current charges, though she would likely remain a "person of interest" until the case of the telltale heart were resolved. In other words, "don't leave town"...which shouldn't be a problem...

If they found a body to go along with the heart, they could always bring new charges in a new case with a new victim.
NetworkTV is offline  
post #651 of 1260 Old 04-08-2012, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sirjonsnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,480
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 81
I'm sure the heart is now missing.
sirjonsnow is online now  
post #652 of 1260 Old 04-08-2012, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 1,952
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

It would be a slam dunk for the defense.

I'm thinking the fact that the person you are accused of murdering shows up alive is sort of a slam dunk. The heart business shows that there was some sort of tampering or frame up.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
daryl zero is online now  
post #653 of 1260 Old 04-08-2012, 08:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
NetworkTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CT
Posts: 15,548
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

I'm thinking the fact that the person you are accused of murdering shows up alive is sort of a slam dunk. The heart business shows that there was some sort of tampering or frame up.

That's exactly what I was saying. Obviously, the current case against her is moot based on the murder not actually happening.

If the DNA evidence pointed to it being from a person who is clearly alive, it calls into question the forensics on every piece of evidence.

That means it calls into question her involvment in foul play surrounding the owner of the now mystery heart.
NetworkTV is offline  
post #654 of 1260 Old 04-08-2012, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 1,952
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

That's exactly what I was saying. Obviously, the current case against her is moot based on the murder not actually happening.

If the DNA evidence pointed to it being from a person who is clearly alive, it calls into question the forensics on every piece of evidence.

That means it calls into question her involvment in foul play surrounding the owner of the now mystery heart.

I was just being a bit more direct.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
daryl zero is online now  
post #655 of 1260 Old 04-08-2012, 10:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
NetworkTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CT
Posts: 15,548
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

I was just being a bit more direct.

This is AVS - being direct is not allowed. All comments must present supposition and personal opinion as facts and each member is expected to either hate or defend a show, network or media format in a manner so vigorous that it would imply they have a vested interest in said media or its direct competitor.

It's the rule that comes right between "no cussing" and "don't shoot the piano player"...



BTW: I responed to your comment only to make myself more clear since your post made me think I didn't do that initially not to imply any misunderstanding on your part.
NetworkTV is offline  
post #656 of 1260 Old 04-08-2012, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 1,952
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 123
No problem. I am a bit of a wise-ass but almost always directed at the situation and not a poster. No offense intended. None taken.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
daryl zero is online now  
post #657 of 1260 Old 04-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Newbie
 
MalwareDie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
As somebody earlier suggested, I also want to find out how Cora developed her powers (Maybe she skilled somebody who had those powers?). It will be interesting to see how Regina ends up killing her. I wonder if it will be a carefully planned murder or a completely accidental one.
MalwareDie is offline  
post #658 of 1260 Old 04-08-2012, 06:45 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
mrvideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 6,223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by chestnu1 View Post

Any word on a release date?

Absolutely nothing listed on the TV Shows On DVD website. They are usually on top of this stuff, even rumors of releases.

Not in this case.

UPDATE: Amazon has the following link:

http://www.amazon.com/Once-Upon-Blu-...3936271&sr=1-5

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

mrvideo is offline  
post #659 of 1260 Old 04-08-2012, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
HDMe2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kittrell, NC
Posts: 5,185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 101
I guess I'm wondering, will they actually go into all that on the show... or just a "you're free to go" and that's the end of that plot line?

Either Mary should continue to be a person of interest because you have evidence that she may have killed someone (hey, what if missing girl had a twin sister??)... OR as others have suggested, the conclusion is that all the forensics is tainted and they believe in a frameup, in which case that should become the new order of business to track down.

Heck... on the fantasy front, this seems like something that should really push Emma over the edge into believing in Henry's theories.. because it actually explains everything quite nicely if you believe the Mayor is the evil Queen

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
HDMe2 is offline  
post #660 of 1260 Old 04-08-2012, 09:35 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
mrvideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 6,223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 86
As pointed out to me in a private e-mail from one of the TV Shows on DVD website founders, ABC Studios has tried to sell BDs of shows like Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives and Scrubs, but sales were lackluster. I thought I remember seeing BDs for GA and DA.

Also pointed out, even though the coupon is good for DVD and BD, it doesn't mean that a BD will be released. Case in point, Flash Forward.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

mrvideo is offline  
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off