Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebarnman View Post

So what does the clock moving mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatChicken View Post

I thought the scene meant the clock was back to "not moving" ...

It showed the clock clicking over from 8:14 to 8:15. Nothing to indicate it has actually stopped there though. Other than one of the continuing LOST easter eggs my guess is that it was probably just meant to be a bookending kind of thing for the season. Episode one closed with the clock starting to move again, off of 8:15, so having it end it with the clock striking 8:15 once again could just be a visual representation to show the season coming around to it's conclusion, the end of it's first chapter etc.

ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 1281 Old 05-29-2012, 02:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by R11 View Post

It showed the clock clicking over from 8:14 to 8:15. Nothing to indicate it has actually stopped there though. Other than one of the continuing LOST easter eggs my guess is that it was probably just meant to be a bookending kind of thing for the season. Episode one closed with the clock starting to move again, off of 8:15, so having it end it with the clock striking 8:15 once again could just be a visual representation to show the season coming around to it's conclusion, the end of it's first chapter etc.

ron

Or, the entire season took place over the span of one minute ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #813 of 1281 Old 05-30-2012, 08:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
That's an interesting thought. However, I thought someone mentioned the clock went from 8:00 to 8:15.

Movies must be OAR, sports and movies must also have 5.1 audio, No EE or NO SALE!
post #814 of 1281 Old 06-19-2012, 10:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 187
From the "Hot Off The Press" Thread (top of 'HDTV Programming' page) smile.gif

TV Notes
'Once Upon a Time' scoop: Emilie de Ravin promoted to series regular
By James Hibberd, EW.com's 'Inside TV' Blog - Jun. 19, 2012

Get ready for more Belle on Once Upon a Time.

Emilie de Ravin has been promoted to a series regular on the ABC hit. The former Lost actress played the Beauty and the Beast heroine in three episodes during the drama’s breakout debut season.

“It’s a beautiful story, but I think it also shows that there’s not always a happy ending,” de Ravin told EW.com about her arc on the show. “Most of these original fairy tales — of course, being predominately made as animations for children — didn’t want to have a tragedy at the end. So they definitely take a more realistic approach.”

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/06/19/once-upon-emilie-de-ravin/
post #815 of 1281 Old 06-21-2012, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post

From the "Hot Off The Press" Thread (top of 'HDTV Programming' page) smile.gif
TV Notes
'Once Upon a Time' scoop: Emilie de Ravin promoted to series regular
By James Hibberd, EW.com's 'Inside TV' Blog - Jun. 19, 2012
Get ready for more Belle on Once Upon a Time.

Emilie de Ravin has been promoted to a series regular on the ABC hit. The former Lost actress played the Beauty and the Beast heroine in three episodes during the drama’s breakout debut season.

“It’s a beautiful story, but I think it also shows that there’s not always a happy ending,” de Ravin told EW.com about her arc on the show. “Most of these original fairy tales — of course, being predominately made as animations for children — didn’t want to have a tragedy at the end. So they definitely take a more realistic approach.”
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/06/19/once-upon-emilie-de-ravin/

Good News!

"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud." - C.G.Jung

post #816 of 1281 Old 08-13-2012, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

New 2nd Season shows start on Sunday, September 30th!!!! Looking good!biggrin.gif

"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud." - C.G.Jung

post #817 of 1281 Old 08-13-2012, 01:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltownsend View Post

New 2nd Season shows start on Sunday, September 30th!!!! Looking good!biggrin.gif

Although some seem to think the show is a bit juvenile, I like it and I'm looking forward to it coming back ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #818 of 1281 Old 08-30-2012, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

THIS JUST IN ....

Fee Fie Fo Fum…Anybody want a peanut? Jorge Garcia sure does (well maybe not a peanut, but he might crave some magic beans in the near future).

Garcia joins Emilie de Ravin and Alan Dale as the third ‘Lost’ alum to become part of ‘Once Upon A Time’s’ star-studded roster. In July, ‘Once Upon A Time’ co-creators and executive producers, Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis told TVGuide’s William Keck that they were hoping to find a role especially crafted for Garcia. And now their wish has been granted.

According to TVLine, Garcia will play a Giant. Once again, show-runners are keeping the details of his role quiet. However, it would be safe to assume that Garcia is likely to play the great Giant of ‘Jack and the Beanstalk’ fame. About a month ago, SpoilerTV reported the following casting call for Jack:

The role of [JACK] is being cast (as a "guest role with option"). He's in his 20s or 30s, charismatic, sexy and mysterious, but also loyal and kind, and he's running from his past in a land full of danger.

No word yet on who will play ‘Once Upon A Time’s’ newest enigmatic lothario, but having Garcia in the episode guarantees that we will be in for a fun ride.

What do you think about Jorge Garcia playing a Giant? Did they make the right casting call or were you hoping to see him in a different role? Who would you dream cast as Jack? Share your thoughts below!

‘Once Upon A Time’ returns Sunday, September 30 at 8/7C on ABC.

post #819 of 1281 Old 08-30-2012, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

AND .....

Jamie Chung as Mulan in 'Once Upon A Time'
Credits: TVGuide/ABC
RELATED TOPICS

fall tv'Once Upon A Time'SpoilersScoopNewsTV
Advertisement

TVGuide’s William Keck exclusively reveals details on Mulan’s role in Season 2 of ‘Once Upon A Time.’ Keck reports:

"I go on a journey with Prince Phillip to find his princess, Aurora," teases Mulan's portrayer, Jamie Chung (Sucker Punch). "There's this evil spirit that's moving and my character ends up bonding with Sleeping Beauty. And as you've heard, Captain Hook is joining us."

This sounds like a promising blend of fairytales! We already know Julian Morris will be playing the Prince Phillip to Sarah Bolger’s Sleeping Beauty. Thanks to EW.com, we now know that Irish actor, Colin O'Donoghue (‘The Rite’), has been cast as Captain Hook. ‘Once’ is already mixing things up by bringing in a younger version of Hook, rather than the bitter older man that has been portrayed in most incarnations of ‘Peter Pan.’ We can’t help but ask: How does Captain Hook fit into this picture? What part does he play in Prince Phillip and Aurora’s love-story? How much of ‘Sleeping Beauty’s’ story will be like the Disney classic? Chung says Mulan and Aurora bond, but is that before she disappears or after they rescue her? What or who is the “evil-spirit”? Will Maleficent still play a part in Aurora’s slumber?

So far, ABC has been doing a great job of shrouding season 2 in a cloak of mystery. EW.com reported earlier this month that ‘True Blood’ actor, Michael Raymond-James, has been cast in a recurring role. However, the network is keeping his role under wraps. Since then, the internet has been buzzing with various theories. The front-runner is that Raymond-James will play Rumpy’s long-lost son, Baelfire. If that is the case, it may connect with another fan-favorite idea that Baelfire is Henry’s birth father. If this is true, then it would make even more sense for ‘Once Upon A Time’ show-runners to keep the character’s identity a secret.

What do you make of Raymond-Jones top-secret role? Do you think the Baelfire theory is true? Who else could he be?!

Share all of your thoughts below and watch the Season 2 Premiere on Sunday, September 30 at 8/7C on ABC to find out what happens!

post #820 of 1281 Old 09-27-2012, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

OUAT marathon on Sunday!!!

post #821 of 1281 Old 09-27-2012, 09:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltownsend View Post

OUAT marathon on Sunday!!!

Nope! A re-cap show at 7 followed by the season premiere.
post #822 of 1281 Old 09-29-2012, 05:01 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Yep, the recap is titled: "Magic is Coming"

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #823 of 1281 Old 10-01-2012, 09:12 AM

Liked: 23
Decent start to the season.
I thought it was pretty funny when the locked up Regina to keep her safe but then promptly left her alone. The whole town wants to kill her, so maybe one person should keep watch?

Who was the guy in the opening scene?
post #824 of 1281 Old 10-01-2012, 09:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakestir View Post

Who was the guy in the opening scene?
I'm not sure, but when I was watching him get all the way home right before the rain started, in time to close his window, I thought "wow, he must have some sort power of good luck..."

...oh...oops...maybe not so lucky...

After he dropped the phone, I was fully expecting the bird to poop on his table before it left behind something completely different...
post #825 of 1281 Old 10-01-2012, 10:05 AM

Liked: 19
My guess is that the mystery man from the opening scene is Rumplestiltskin's son Baelfire.
post #826 of 1281 Old 10-01-2012, 10:11 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 95
The ABC press release only lists him as "the mysterious man."

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #827 of 1281 Old 10-01-2012, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Another season opener for a serial story that recapped the previous season. Hope this catches on w/ the other networks. smile.gif

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #828 of 1281 Old 10-01-2012, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Did we catch last year that Regina's house is # 108? Another Lost reference.
wdkerbow likes this.
post #829 of 1281 Old 10-01-2012, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 33
My wife likes this show, so I DVRd the recap and the S2 ep. 1. After reviewing the recap and brought up to date, then viewing the ep., I remain convinced this show is 2/3rds turd. Bad CGI, all the characters are black and white achetypes that can't act in anyway outside their programmed portrait. Meaning good guys (99%) can only be honorable at the expense of expedience and thus never succeed without help from circumstance. Bad guys (2) being deeper and more complex characters, will alwyas show signs of sympathetic audience response (oh, they're so tragic), but will always act withing their programmed parameters to take the story to the next boring encounter. I love fantasy, but I hate formulaic, lazy fantasy. I guess, what did I expect.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #830 of 1281 Old 10-01-2012, 08:57 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

Haven't watched all of the eps, but at least 5 or so. Like goneten, I find the premise not only limited, but trite. If the series has any legs, the backstories will dominate with the forestory moving in tiny increments. If there is any resolution in Storybrook, then the series ends...unless they get really daring...and I haven't seen any evidence that this Disneyesque verse has the balls to take the realworld players into to fantasyland. I prefer Grimm, but have complaints about that series too, since they haven't developed the Grimm character at all, just offered fairy tale of the week, reimagined. That said, they are at least original in the adaptations. OUaT isn't dark enough...too much saccharine and soap.

Quote:

I watch this because my wife likes it. I have to turn my brain off because the backstories are cheesey retellings and the forestory is soap with the main characters, except for Mr. Gold and the Mayor, brain dead and incapable. The way it's setup pretty much gaurantees that nothing much will change in Storybrook. The needle will move a few points north, then drift back because they can't provide any resolution. So I resign myself to taking a nap (if I can) until this show is over.

Hell, at least Lost was well written...OUAT is pablem.

Quote:

Most of you guys that are still watching this show must be taking estrogen shots. My wife has been watching this during the day while I work. All I can hear in snibbets of soundtrack which reminds me of daytime soaps. However, I'm glad we've worked this solution since my braincell count is staying current and I don't have to cringe watching it.

Quote:

My wife likes this show, so I DVRd the recap and the S2 ep. 1. After reviewing the recap and brought up to date, then viewing the ep., I remain convinced this show is 2/3rds turd. Bad CGI, all the characters are black and white achetypes that can't act in anyway outside their programmed portrait. Meaning good guys (99%) can only be honorable at the expense of expedience and thus never succeed without help from circumstance. Bad guys (2) being deeper and more complex characters, will alwyas show signs of sympathetic audience response (oh, they're so tragic), but will always act withing their programmed parameters to take the story to the next boring encounter. I love fantasy, but I hate formulaic, lazy fantasy. I guess, what did I expect.

Let me be the first to thank you oh so much for all four of your wonderfully pretentious and thoughtfully pompous contributions to the thread! I just wanted to let you know that I have now decided to stop watching this show due to the highly instructive and mind opening feedback you have provided! I figure if such a TV watching intellect such as yourself thinks it's so bad then it must really be so!!!

Oh, by the way, in rereading your earlier posts I did see that you were completely wrong on some of your expert projections. What happened man? Don't make me doubt my decision to follow your masterful teachings now sage one.

On a side note, it's good to see that you finally hitched up your panties and grew the balls to tell you wife you weren't going to watch her girly shows with her anymore. However I see she still has you setting up her recordings for her though. Perhaps a few more testosterone treatments will fully get the wood back between your legs?

ron
Whitearrow likes this.
post #831 of 1281 Old 10-02-2012, 06:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Love that magic is back and things are changing, however, I was disappointed that Regina got her magic back at the end. I was liking it much, much better when she couldn't use it and magic was acting different.

I wonder what Gold is up to now? He is the highlight of the show for me.

post #832 of 1281 Old 10-02-2012, 07:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Love that magic is back and things are changing, however, I was disappointed that Regina got her magic back at the end. I was liking it much, much better when she couldn't use it and magic was acting different.
I wonder what Gold is up to now? He is the highlight of the show for me.

Although I had DVR'ed the recap, after a few minutes, we decided to skip it ..

Anybody think the PQ has improved some this season .. ??

I have to say, the townfolk up in arms and after Regina reminded me of some of the old horror classics .. and the flaming brooms were a hoot ..

Gold is by far my favorite character on the show ..

Uncle Willie

post #833 of 1281 Old 10-02-2012, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I thought it looked just as soft, if not softer.

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

post #834 of 1281 Old 10-02-2012, 09:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Carr View Post

I thought it looked just as soft, if not softer.

My CATV provider may have improved the feed .. to me, it looks better than last season .. deeper color and increased contrast

Uncle Willie

post #835 of 1281 Old 10-02-2012, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 118
I thought for a moment that Sleeping Beauty was Blake Lively. LOL

Mulan actress is hot! I knew it since before she took off her helmet

I'm guessing the "giant" is also stuck in "otherland" with Mulan, Sleepy and now Snow and Emma

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #836 of 1281 Old 10-02-2012, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by R11 View Post

Let me be the first to thank you oh so much for all four of your wonderfully pretentious and thoughtfully pompous contributions to the thread! I just wanted to let you know that I have now decided to stop watching this show due to the highly instructive and mind opening feedback you have provided! I figure if such a TV watching intellect such as yourself thinks it's so bad then it must really be so!!!
Oh, by the way, in rereading your earlier posts I did see that you were completely wrong on some of your expert projections. What happened man? Don't make me doubt my decision to follow your masterful teachings now sage one.
On a side note, it's good to see that you finally hitched up your panties and grew the balls to tell you wife you weren't going to watch her girly shows with her anymore. However I see she still has you setting up her recordings for her though. Perhaps a few more testosterone treatments will fully get the wood back between your legs?
ron
biggrin.gif Nice to have someone follow my posts. Frankly, I had forgotten that I had previously thread crapped and even see that I repeated myself. Bad form I guess. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll leave this thread alone until I forget again, I guess wink.gif...won't get into that testosterone thingy...might not have enough left to put up a good fight tongue.gif

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #837 of 1281 Old 10-02-2012, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:

biggrin.gif Nice to have someone follow my posts. Frankly, I had forgotten that I had previously thread crapped and even see that I repeated myself. Bad form I guess. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll leave this thread alone until I forget again, I guess wink.gif...won't get into that testosterone thingy...might not have enough left to put up a good fight tongue.gif

Haha! Good sport Just for the record , you're right also. biggrin.gif

Kaboom.
post #838 of 1281 Old 10-02-2012, 07:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by diditagain View Post

My guess is that the mystery man from the opening scene is Rumplestiltskin's son Baelfire.

That was my guess... but we have been tricked before. I can't imagine who else would live outside of Storybrook but also understand what that postcard meant... which leads to the second mystery, who sent that postcard?
ltownsend likes this.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #839 of 1281 Old 10-02-2012, 09:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

That was my guess... but we have been tricked before. I can't imagine who else would live outside of Storybrook but also understand what that postcard meant... which leads to the second mystery, who sent that postcard?
Kevin Costner.

He ran out of bottles and his horse was unavailable.
post #840 of 1281 Old 10-02-2012, 10:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 495
An interesting start to the season with a cleverly constructed episode with the real world being the flashback, but some of the dialog this episode was atrociously bad. It also felt like they reduced the budget too because the direction and camerawork was really poor. It looked cheap.

That doesn't bode well for the epic fantasy they have in mind. Especially if, like the climactic wraith showdown in the forest, the show looks like it's being shot in a clearing outside the studio.

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page