Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #1171 of 1281 Old 10-18-2013, 09:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Liked: 784
Marilyn Manson is joining the cast as the voice of Shadow.

http://music.yahoo.com/news/marilyn-manson-joining-once-upon-time-cast-210519190-rolling-stone.html

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 1281 Old 10-21-2013, 02:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Bit disappointed in this episode. Rumple confronted Pan twice in the episode and did nothing. There was no magical duel, no fighting, just talking. How does Rumple know how powerful pan is? He was in Neverland before he got his powers, so if he hasn't tested them on Pan, how does he know that Pan would survive or that Pan is too powerful? Even in the flashback, Rumple told Pan that he would make him give him his son, and then .... nothing. He said he would make Pan regret what he said about his son ... and then ... nothing. I just don't get why we don't see him use his magic.

For such a menacing being, Rumple is just a joke. Same in the present day. Pan is confronted, Rumple just stands there doing nothing. It's also been shown that Pan isn't invulnerable. He isn't a God. He can be contained, temporarily using that squid ink, just like Rumple. What about the shadows? Pan doesn't seem that powerful, as in powerful with magic. He just seems to be a trickster.
post #1173 of 1281 Old 11-03-2013, 09:42 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Who is in the other cage?

What character from Peter Pan lore have we not seen yet?

My guess: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Wendy

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #1174 of 1281 Old 11-04-2013, 12:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post

Wendy

It's obviously Neil.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #1175 of 1281 Old 11-04-2013, 10:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 91
I watched the latest episode today and have to say I'm getting kind of done with the show. It seems really off course. I'm sick of neverland, tired of Pan, and tired of all the bickering. For me I don't know if the show can recover from this mess.
osu fan likes this.
post #1176 of 1281 Old 11-05-2013, 03:38 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post

Quote:

Wendy

It's obviously Neil.

Huh? Neal (not Neil) was placed into a 2nd cage. I'm talking about the one that we saw when Neal's cage was hoisted.

"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #1177 of 1281 Old 11-05-2013, 02:45 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post

I watched the latest episode today and have to say I'm getting kind of done with the show. It seems really off course. I'm sick of neverland, tired of Pan, and tired of all the bickering. For me I don't know if the show can recover from this mess.

I agree. I hate Neverland & pan. The 1st season was good, the 2nd not as good, and the 3rd is a turd
post #1178 of 1281 Old 11-05-2013, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post

Quote:

Wendy

It's obviously Neil.

Huh? Neal (not Neil) was placed into a 2nd cage. I'm talking about the one that we saw when Neal's cage was hoisted.

Man! I must have been 2/3 asleep when I wrote that. I don't even know where it came from.

Many apologies. redface.gif

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #1179 of 1281 Old 11-10-2013, 06:55 PM

Liked: 11
Really, four to five minutes of show then three to four minutes of commercials, looks like this skw is going straight to DVR for me.
post #1180 of 1281 Old 11-10-2013, 10:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 91
This show is spinning it's wheels. there has been a minuscule amount of plot movement so far this season, all we get is more and more characters on the stage. Now we get Wendy and her bros? At least we got a bit of Storybrook and the characters that were easily forgotten for the first part of the season, but in 10 minutes we are back to the crew running around that stupid jungle set. The writers have taken what might have been an interesting episode or two and stretched it over what - 6 episodes? The show is really dragging.
videobruce likes this.
post #1181 of 1281 Old 11-11-2013, 12:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Wendy

And he wins the prize! biggrin.gif

Luke

post #1182 of 1281 Old 11-11-2013, 12:38 AM
AVS Club Gold

Ah, but I messed up in forgetting about the brothers. biggrin.gif

Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #1183 of 1281 Old 11-17-2013, 06:52 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Okay, so this whole thing is really nothing but a bad soap opera. Next episode, all the characters will wake up with terrible amnesia.
post #1184 of 1281 Old 11-18-2013, 09:45 AM

Liked: 14

Okay, I'm confused. Can someone explain how Peter Pan become so powerful before he took Henry's heart? He was a man, became a boy, and ? Now he's powerful?

And who is Shadow? I thought Shadow was Pan? Apparently not, as Shadow was talking to Pan.

Surely he must be more powerful than Pan to imbue him with youth? Anyone else understand this better?

post #1185 of 1281 Old 11-18-2013, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 770 Post(s)
Liked: 518
Personally, I think any confusion is due to poor writing so that we have to try to make our own sense of what's going on. How many other shows have had to provide an hour-long introduction so people can get up-to-speed with the new season? Although I suppose more ought to provide a similar intro wink.gif

Remember that the basis for magical strength in this NeverLand seems to be belief. If you believe you can do something, you can. When he was made young again, he believed more strongly.

There's more than one Shadow. (Remember that Rumple cut free his own NeverLand Shadow to hide his knife.) Whether or not the Shadow which gave Pan his original powers was his own Shadow isn't clear to me, either. Maybe he left it behind when he first visited as a child. Maybe it's someone else's shadow. Or maybe it's a magical entity which is the real basis for NeverLand and is just pretending to be a Shadow. And maybe Pan lied about it being his Shadow. We know he's a con-man.

I have to admit that I'm somewhat annoyed that they're making everything be based on feuding among members of a single family.

Selden

Marantz SR7009/7.1.4/FH+TM/DefTech PM1000/LCR+TM amped
post #1186 of 1281 Old 11-18-2013, 11:05 AM

I just thought it strange that when Rumples dad found the shadow up on the tree, he said that he (the shadow) was the sole living entity on the island. To me, that makes me think that the Shadow is an independent being. We haven't seen any other shadows speak, until Rumple's dad encountered it. Which makes me think that there is something more sinister going on.

If the Shadow can grant powers to people, then I have to imagine it's more powerful than the Dark One. I'm also very disappointed with Rumple on the Island. For all his power, he never used any magic whatsoever against Pan. He's had several confrontations and just looks like a baffoon.

Rumple said the only way to kill Pan was to die. Why? Who knows. And why does Pan need the heart of a true believer anyway? All the lost boys seem to be living just fine, why is it that Pan's time is running out? I'm really getting annoyed with this show.

post #1187 of 1281 Old 11-18-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
If you believe you can do something, you can.

I find that point interesting. We saw Rumple imagine a piece of cake in front of him and it manifested. But we haven't seen any of the Lost Boys do anything special. They just seem to be useless ..

post #1188 of 1281 Old 11-18-2013, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Maybe Pan hasn't convinced them that all they need to do is believe. And maybe that's on purpose.

And maybe it's just poor writing. frown.gif

Selden

post #1189 of 1281 Old 11-19-2013, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 54
The writing is now being done by middle school children it seems. I was cringing in the Henry and Pan scene. They all stand there and not one person told Henry exactly why Pan wanted his heart. They never mentioned Pan needed Henry's heart because he was dying. Not even touching on the whole grandfather, father, son connection all of a sudden. I still laugh at the "if you believe" storytelling. They would all be homesick after awhile not to mention what happens when puberty kicks in, no magic can stop them eyeballing Wendy after being on that Island for how long? Why is she in a cage anyway? There's no escape from the Island. Oh wait a minute this is fantasy based series. rolleyes.gif
post #1190 of 1281 Old 11-19-2013, 11:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 155
My problem isn't the poor logic. Especially in a fantasy, you must suspend disbelief.

My issue is any time a character or characters do something that to me is just stupid. That's when they start to loose me.

Like Henry putting his trust in someone he's only known for days over people he's known all his life.

Like his family barely putting any effort into convincing him that Pan has been lying, after all the effort they put into getting to Neverland and hunting him down in the first place.

Like David keeping his injury a secret, even though it might have jeopardized their mission.

Like Darryl choosing the "fastest" vehicle, rather than a four wheel drive. Oops, wrong series.

Sent from my Nexus 7
post #1191 of 1281 Old 11-21-2013, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 99

Like others I'm really starting to tire of this show. The whole PP thing is just plain boring and I'm getting tired of  everyone schlepping around in the jungle! Original watcher here who tried to like the spinoff but just never got into it and now this show seems to have lost it's direction. My family and I said we were going to stop watching the show this week if they didn't make it off the island, well they've dragged out another week so I guess we'll give it one more try, but thats it. Too  bad because OAT was one of our favorites in it's time, not at all now :( 

post #1192 of 1281 Old 11-22-2013, 01:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I agree with the majority here......get off that freakin' island already....this season better have a blockbuster finish or we won't be viewing next season.
post #1193 of 1281 Old 11-22-2013, 09:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 423
I bailed on this show almost 10 months ago. Interesting to see so many others coming to the same conclusion.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
post #1194 of 1281 Old 11-25-2013, 12:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I've always thought the writing and acting on this show was cringeworthy. I don't know how many times I've thought to myself "here we go again" with a character doing something annoying, stupid or unbelievable. And then there's the acting. Just too many characters with poor performances, cringe. They'be dragging the Pan thing way too long, but this is there M.O. from the start.
post #1195 of 1281 Old 11-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 200
The only people I actually like to see on screen are the two mothers of the idiot kid, rumple, neal, and the hot werewolf.

I hate EVERYTHING about the snow white character.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #1196 of 1281 Old 11-25-2013, 02:35 PM
AVS Club Gold

Something tells me that they are going to leave the island and not to underestimate Peter Pan.

They are obviously going to save Henry.

Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #1197 of 1281 Old 11-25-2013, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Tie them both down. Rip it out of "Peter", stuff it back in Henry and carry him out kicking and screaming.

Of course, they'd never do anything so direct. *sigh*

Selden

post #1198 of 1281 Old 11-28-2013, 11:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 169
The series is in a nosedive.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.
post #1199 of 1281 Old 11-29-2013, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 99

Peeked at Tribune's description of next weeks episode, more PP! Now I wonder if I should even bother with next week as I told myself last week if they didn't get off that damn island I was going to bail.....it seemed like they were going to, which is why I was going to record next week.

post #1200 of 1281 Old 11-30-2013, 03:41 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Well, since the series appears to be stuck on the island permanently, I think we need to decide the following for use in future discussion: Which character corresponds to each character in Gilligan's Island, mostly so we know who is going to screw up their getting off the island every week.
videobruce likes this.
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page