"Once Upon a Time" on ABC HD - Page 45 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 11Likes

post #1321 of 1337 Old 12-07-2015, 10:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 778
What a dumb development at the end of this midseason finale. A character showing significant growth, but supposedly that was all a put-on? But that doesn't make sense either. Just seems like a shocking twist for the sake of it, despite any inconsistency left in the wake of that choice.
Machuran likes this.

Quote:
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool. ~ Richard P. Feynman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1322 of 1337 Old 12-07-2015, 11:16 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruelInventions View Post
What a dumb development at the end of this midseason finale. A character showing significant growth, but supposedly that was all a put-on? But that doesn't make sense either. Just seems like a shocking twist for the sake of it, despite any inconsistency left in the wake of that choice.
It is, this is a repeat of S4 all over again, making the arc entirely pointless (especially after dropping Camelot and Brave) and all so they can rehash a rescue arc like Neverland again.
post #1323 of 1337 Old 12-07-2015, 06:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Was Merlin's message supposed to help them at all? He asks them to find Nimue, the only person capable of helping them defeat the Dark One. Sure didn't seem that way.
Machuran likes this.

post #1324 of 1337 Old 12-08-2015, 09:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Yeah, Nimue seems to be only the voice of the dark ones, quickly subdued by Hook and the sword...

So back to square one, not even back to S4, again Mr. Gold is the Dark One 2.0, invincible now and with unsuspecting girlfriend.

What other Disney characters they still miss to put on this show? Since they are going to the Underworld, maybe Hades or something like that.

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #1325 of 1337 Old 12-11-2015, 07:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Was Merlin's message supposed to help them at all? He asks them to find Nimue, the only person capable of helping them defeat the Dark One. Sure didn't seem that way.
None of it made any sense at all, the Camelot/Brave stuff just got dropped.

Quote:
Yeah, Nimue seems to be only the voice of the dark ones, quickly subdued by Hook and the sword...
Biggest anticlimax ever on this show, the DOs turned out to be disappointment compared to Rumple being the DO.
post #1326 of 1337 Old 12-11-2015, 08:40 PM
** Man of Leisure **

Mentioned: 206 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7576 Post(s)
Liked: 4232
I suspect I will be following Waboman's lead and dropping my seasons pass to this scrambled mess. Too much effort trying to figure things out, with little or no reward.
Machuran likes this.
post #1327 of 1337 Old 12-12-2015, 05:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 739 Post(s)
Liked: 549
A lot to shake your head at... but the notion of Gold/Rumple being more powerful now with "combined" Dark One power makes no sense... The whole history of the Dark One was that the power was bound to a particular person... that person died, the power is bound to a new person. They even made a point this season of showing how the current Dark One could see/hear previous Dark Ones in their head talking to and guiding them... so there should be no more power now than there was before.

If anything... while there were multiple Dark Ones, each should have been weaker for dividing out the power... merging them all back into Rumple should just put things back to the way they were before.

Also... since the dagger reappeared with Rumple's name on it... you have to assume the rest of Excalibur went somewhere... back into the stone perhaps? In any event, why wouldn't they go looking for that again and try to put it all back together again?

I maintain that the writers of this show have simply stopped watching the show, so they don't maintain any semblance of consistency.
post #1328 of 1337 Old 12-13-2015, 11:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I maintain that the writers of this show have simply stopped watching the show, so they don't maintain any semblance of consistency.
This arc was nothing but disappointment from botching the DO mythology to ruining any potential of Dark Swan and the pointless dropped plot points and characters.
post #1329 of 1337 Old 12-14-2015, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 69
I had to "make me" watch the last episodes last season and I still had a season pass coming into the 2015-2016 season. But the episodes kept piling on and I kept passing in favor of other options. I then went on a business trip and I further fell behind. Due to my lack of interest, I deleted the season pass and all of the unseen episodes. By reading comments on this thread, it looks like it was the right decision.

Enjoy to those still watching...
Machuran likes this.
post #1330 of 1337 Old 05-11-2017, 06:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Renewed.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/mor...enewed-by-abc/

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

post #1331 of 1337 Old 05-11-2017, 06:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 778
Lol, funny seeing my last post in this thread still sitting there at the top of the page from a year and a half ago. Shows how very little interest there is anymore for this series.

Quote:
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool. ~ Richard P. Feynman
post #1332 of 1337 Old 05-12-2017, 04:22 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 663 Post(s)
Liked: 254
It's impossible to keep track of all these 'whimsical characters' each week that come and go like tenants. The only real plus are eye candy Rebecca Mader and now Jaime Murray. To a lesser extent Lana Parrilla. I wish they would get rid of Ginnifer Goodwin.

On the non eye candy side Robert Carlyle & Colin O'Donoghue.

I see they are dropping Rebecca thou her original role(s) were far more provocative.

Recording free OTA TV for 'time shifting' has been here since 1977. Will there be DVR's to do the same when ATSC3 obsoletes existing DVR's??
post #1333 of 1337 Old 05-12-2017, 05:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 50
post #1334 of 1337 Old 05-12-2017, 11:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 43
http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/12/once-upo...-gilmore-exit/

Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas, Emilie de Ravin, and Jared Gilmore will not return to Once Upon a Time after season 6, EW has learned.
The news comes following the previously announced exits of Jennifer Morrison (read her exit interview here) and Rebecca Mader. Once Upon a Time, which was officially renewed for season 7 on Thursday, will now be centered on Regina (Lana Parrilla), Rumple (Robert Carlyle), and Hook (Colin O’Donoghue).
Goodwin, Dallas, and Gilmore, who are original cast members from the pilot, play Snow White, Prince Charming, and Henry Mills, respectively. Snow and Charming are the parents of Emma (Morrison), while Henry is Emma and Regina’s (Parrilla) son. De Ravin, meanwhile, joined the show later in season 1 as the iconic Beauty and the Beast heroine Belle.
post #1335 of 1337 Old 05-13-2017, 09:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 764 Post(s)
Liked: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
It's impossible to keep track of all these 'whimsical characters' each week that come and go like tenants. The only real plus are eye candy Rebecca Mader and now Jaime Murray. To a lesser extent Lana Parrilla. I wish they would get rid of Ginnifer Goodwin.

On the non eye candy side Robert Carlyle & Colin O'Donoghue.

I see they are dropping Rebecca thou her original role(s) were far more provocative.
I don't see Mader or Murray as eye candy. Not at all. Especially Mader. She looks awful on this show, and Zelena is possibly the worst character I have ever seen on TV.

Parrilla is much better than either. Though, Keegan Conner Tracy is probably at the top of that list.
steve1106 likes this.

The Hodor Theater - Now with Atmos
Projector - Panasonic PT-AE8000U
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3)
Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4); Atmos In-ceiling - Niles DS8HD (4)
Subwoofers - Passive JTR Captivator Pro (2) - Powered by Crown XLS 5000.
Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
post #1336 of 1337 Old 05-14-2017, 08:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 739 Post(s)
Liked: 549
I was SO hoping it would be canceled and Carlyle might move onto Doctor Who next year... but if he's tied to this show, he definitely can't do that.
post #1337 of 1337 Old 05-14-2017, 09:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Only an occasional watcher of the show, decided to see the big ending. I'm wondering if they are going into a time loop next season. The little girl in the opening returns to tell an older Henry she is his daughter and guards the book. Looks like this sets a loop in motion, does it not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page