"Once Upon a Time" on ABC HD - Page 45 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

post #1321 of 1329 Old 12-07-2015, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 488
What a dumb development at the end of this midseason finale. A character showing significant growth, but supposedly that was all a put-on? But that doesn't make sense either. Just seems like a shocking twist for the sake of it, despite any inconsistency left in the wake of that choice.
Machuran likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1322 of 1329 Old 12-07-2015, 11:16 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruelInventions View Post
What a dumb development at the end of this midseason finale. A character showing significant growth, but supposedly that was all a put-on? But that doesn't make sense either. Just seems like a shocking twist for the sake of it, despite any inconsistency left in the wake of that choice.
It is, this is a repeat of S4 all over again, making the arc entirely pointless (especially after dropping Camelot and Brave) and all so they can rehash a rescue arc like Neverland again.
post #1323 of 1329 Old 12-07-2015, 06:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Was Merlin's message supposed to help them at all? He asks them to find Nimue, the only person capable of helping them defeat the Dark One. Sure didn't seem that way.
Machuran likes this.
post #1324 of 1329 Old 12-08-2015, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Yeah, Nimue seems to be only the voice of the dark ones, quickly subdued by Hook and the sword...

So back to square one, not even back to S4, again Mr. Gold is the Dark One 2.0, invincible now and with unsuspecting girlfriend.

What other Disney characters they still miss to put on this show? Since they are going to the Underworld, maybe Hades or something like that.

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #1325 of 1329 Old 12-11-2015, 07:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Was Merlin's message supposed to help them at all? He asks them to find Nimue, the only person capable of helping them defeat the Dark One. Sure didn't seem that way.
None of it made any sense at all, the Camelot/Brave stuff just got dropped.

Quote:
Yeah, Nimue seems to be only the voice of the dark ones, quickly subdued by Hook and the sword...
Biggest anticlimax ever on this show, the DOs turned out to be disappointment compared to Rumple being the DO.
post #1326 of 1329 Old 12-11-2015, 08:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Quoted: 5441 Post(s)
Liked: 3092
I suspect I will be following Waboman's lead and dropping my seasons pass to this scrambled mess. Too much effort trying to figure things out, with little or no reward.
Machuran likes this.
post #1327 of 1329 Old 12-12-2015, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 576 Post(s)
Liked: 432
A lot to shake your head at... but the notion of Gold/Rumple being more powerful now with "combined" Dark One power makes no sense... The whole history of the Dark One was that the power was bound to a particular person... that person died, the power is bound to a new person. They even made a point this season of showing how the current Dark One could see/hear previous Dark Ones in their head talking to and guiding them... so there should be no more power now than there was before.

If anything... while there were multiple Dark Ones, each should have been weaker for dividing out the power... merging them all back into Rumple should just put things back to the way they were before.

Also... since the dagger reappeared with Rumple's name on it... you have to assume the rest of Excalibur went somewhere... back into the stone perhaps? In any event, why wouldn't they go looking for that again and try to put it all back together again?

I maintain that the writers of this show have simply stopped watching the show, so they don't maintain any semblance of consistency.

The Doctor... the Original, you might say!
Where I am when I'm not here!
post #1328 of 1329 Old 12-13-2015, 11:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I maintain that the writers of this show have simply stopped watching the show, so they don't maintain any semblance of consistency.
This arc was nothing but disappointment from botching the DO mythology to ruining any potential of Dark Swan and the pointless dropped plot points and characters.
post #1329 of 1329 Old 12-14-2015, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 52
I had to "make me" watch the last episodes last season and I still had a season pass coming into the 2015-2016 season. But the episodes kept piling on and I kept passing in favor of other options. I then went on a business trip and I further fell behind. Due to my lack of interest, I deleted the season pass and all of the unseen episodes. By reading comments on this thread, it looks like it was the right decision.

Enjoy to those still watching...
Machuran likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page