post #301 of 1025 Old 03-14-2012, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbology View Post

What really intrigues me is the need for the unanimous vote. Did the tribe go to the producers and ask if it had to be unanimous or did they concoct that to see how many wafflers they had on their tribe ? Maybe I missed something here that wasn't shown or I haven't read it yet.
Mike and Jay weren't convinced but they were part of the old Frat Boy alliance that was being targeted so their consent makes sense.
Was this the worst Survivor move ever? Maybe, maybe not. Usually that discussion is over a move that results in a person getting blindsided or a whole tribe getting Pagonged. In this case the intended target went home.
I'm still conflicted about the edit but Bill was toast before this episode since he was going after Matt. I think the edit and the whole episode was to show what dbag Colton is and set him up for his downfall but we'll see.
With a tribal swap looming tomorrow should be interesting.

I think its one of the worst Survivor moves ever on multiple levels. But first and foremost, Bill is an idiot. He already knew that they were gunning for him. Why risk going to Tribal council even if you think they'll vote out Leif? It doesn't buy you any more time than you already had. When your head is on the block, do anything and everything to buy more time ... you never know what'll happen tomorrow.

His post-show interview was basically "oh well, I would have been voted off next anyway." He clearly never watched a single episode of Survivor before playing. If he had, he'd know that the game can change on a dime ... especially when they split up tribes in a non-random fashion to start with.

All that being said, I think Bill did a great job responding to Colton's idiotic comments at tribal council. He stayed relatively calm and took the high road while still defending himself ... not as it relates to the game, but in his real life choices/circumstances. It made Colton look even worse (if that's even possible).

In regards to the requirement for a unanimous vote:
It only makes sense to require that. Suppose you have a tribe where 6 out of 7 guys try to throw the challenge, but the 7th guy prevails on his own and wins the team immunity. It would be completely unfair to allow the other 6 the choice of voting him off anyways.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 1025 Old 03-14-2012, 12:16 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post

What about Colton constantly rolling his tongue around his lips? It bugs me and I don't think it's a gay thing. I've never seen any of the gay men I know do that.

I didn't really notice that I guess. But I'm sure I will now.... Damn you scowl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edpowers View Post

I think its one of the worst Survivor moves ever on multiple levels. But first and foremost, Bill is an idiot. He already knew that they were gunning for him. Why risk going to Tribal council even if you think they'll vote out Leif? It doesn't buy you any more time than you already had. When your head is on the block, do anything and everything to buy more time ... you never know what'll happen tomorrow.

His post-show interview was basically "oh well, I would have been voted off next anyway." He clearly never watched a single episode of Survivor before playing. If he had, he'd know that the game can change on a dime ... especially when they split up tribes in a non-random fashion to start with.

All that being said, I think Bill did a great job responding to Colton's idiotic comments at tribal council. He stayed relatively calm and took the high road while still defending himself ... not as it relates to the game, but in his real life choices/circumstances. It made Colton look even worse (if that's even possible).

It only makes sense to require that. Suppose you have a tribe where 6 out of 7 guys try to throw the challenge, but the 7th guy prevails on his own and wins the team immunity. It would be completely unfair to allow the other 6 the choice of voting him off anyways.

Agree with all this. It kinda sounded like he was searching/hedging for an explanation/excuse in the interview that didn't make him look as dumb, but I would think no one being voted off would trump even a small perceived chance of being booted. Since we didn't see it it's hard to say for sure, but I'm guessing Bill got lip service from his supposed "allies" saying they'd help him, just like Troyzan told Matt he was down with helping him the previous week (It ain't survivor unless you're lying). As you say though, he did a very good job of maintaining his poise under some really ridiculous stuff from Colton at TC and responded with what seemed to be genuine thought and feeling that cut right to the chase.

ron
post #303 of 1025 Old 03-14-2012, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by edpowers View Post

Well your logic makes sense but sometimes Survivor isn't fair and they do make rules up on the fly. It would be nice to know where the unanimous vote came from because it might add a little context to that WTF move.
Bill certainly wasn't thinking about a tribal swap and extending his game life. I don't know if some of the others were considering a swap and that might have been the motivation behind getting Bill out ASAP.
I think Colton is licking his lips because his mommy isn't there to put chapstick on for him.
post #304 of 1025 Old 03-14-2012, 05:39 PM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 63
They had the perfect opportunity.. they shoulda drowned him . . .

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..
post #305 of 1025 Old 03-14-2012, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

They had the perfect opportunity.. they shoulda drowned him . . .

That's what I was thinking ...
post #306 of 1025 Old 03-15-2012, 04:00 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
It's unfortunate now with the new tribe mix I don't see any way Colton could possibly get blindsided until after the merge....there's just not the numbers against him....which is hard to believe.
post #307 of 1025 Old 03-15-2012, 04:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
^ the merge is a ways off, but, yeah, no one in that group is swift enough to organize something like that. Colton's group better pray for puzzle type challenges cuz they'll lose every physical ones.
post #308 of 1025 Old 03-15-2012, 06:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by R11 View Post

The most interesting thing were his comments about why he thought people were letting Colton stay in control, which was that he felt they just didn't care as long as it wasn't them on the block. I think he's right on that. I'm sure many of them would like to see Colton out because he's so unlikable, but as long as they're safe for the time being and off the radar it just hasn't been the priority.

http://pdl-stream.timeinc.net/EW/pod...3_08_12_dl.mp3

ron

That is one of the more effective strategies in Survivor, just make sure it is not your name. Sandra won twice doing that even though she didn't control a single vote and she failed miserably at the one thing she desperately tried to do and that was vote out Russell. But she did just enough to make sure she was not voted out and had some good fortune that she was never really targeted (over which she only had some control).
post #309 of 1025 Old 03-15-2012, 06:49 AM

Liked: 10
I hate to say it but Colton's probably in a good position with the tribe shake up. Even if his tribe loses every immunity challenge, the 4 misfits will probably make it to the merge in a 4 to 6 situation. Providing that Troyzan doesn't make some new arrangement with the women in Salani, and he rejoins the misfits, it's 5 to 5.
post #310 of 1025 Old 03-15-2012, 07:48 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
can someone explinate to me what a loadstar is?
post #311 of 1025 Old 03-15-2012, 09:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneCmdr View Post

I hate to say it but Colton's probably in a good position with the tribe shake up. Even if his tribe loses every immunity challenge, the 4 misfits will probably make it to the merge in a 4 to 6 situation. Providing that Troyzan doesn't make some new arrangement with the women in Salani, and he rejoins the misfits, it's 5 to 5.

You're probably right, but I'm hoping the idol will have the same mesmerizing power that it had on Menudo. That will allow the women (Kim and Chelsea?) will form a new alliance and the misfits won't reunite after the merge. Christina is the only one that Colton can freely target now. After her, his alliance will have to have to take out its own. Will Colton turn on Alicia instead of Leif?

If Salami goes into the merge with dominating numbers, there will be no reason for Troy to switch to a weaker alliance that has the likes of Tarzan and Colton. They won't win many individual immunities and they'll be primary targets in every TC.

I cannot wait to see that fop in an endurance challenge (traditionally the first one after the merge). Even staying upright is a challenge for him.

They forgot to blur out Alicia's droopy butt as she crawled around Colton. I guess we can see that stuff hanging out of a bikini but not out of hot pants.

For those who still think old people get eliminated every season just because they're old, check the score. Two twenty year olds and a thirty year old have been eliminated. Monica at an athletic 41 years old went last night. 54 year old Nina has been the only older contestant eliminated clearly because she didn't make any friends. Meanwhile 50 year old Troy and 64 year old Tarzan prove that Rudy's advice in the first season is still true: they bonded with younger people and got three younger contestants booted. Don't tell me the game has changed that much.

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
post #312 of 1025 Old 03-15-2012, 09:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubadub View Post

Sorry, I can't. The game is afoot!

post #313 of 1025 Old 03-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Sorry, I can't. The game is afoot!

well played

according to the preview for next week, someone gets injured which means there probably won't be a tribal. hate it when that happens.
post #314 of 1025 Old 03-15-2012, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:

lode·star/ˈlōdˌstär/
Noun:

A star that is used to guide the course of a ship, esp. Polaris.
A person or thing that serves as a guide.

What did he call a word like explinate?

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #315 of 1025 Old 03-15-2012, 01:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

lode·star/ˈlōdˌstär/
Noun:

A star that is used to guide the course of a ship, esp. Polaris.
A person or thing that serves as a guide.

What did he call a word like explinate?

a neo-something. can't remember exactly.

i like kim. her and chelsea remind me of j.t. and stephen from tocantins. i could see them becoming good friends and taking it all the way to the end.
post #316 of 1025 Old 03-15-2012, 01:47 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:

a neo-something. can't remember exactly.

i like kim. her and chelsea remind me of j.t. and stephen from tocantins. i could see them becoming good friends and taking it all the way to the end.

He said it was a neologism. Tarzan is smart but when he mentioned having a type of aphasia I realized he probably has some real brain issues. Either that or he is faking it.
Kim and Chelsea do have a chance to go far and I think Troy and Jay may too bit it is still early.
I hope they merge at 10 with one elimination going home and a jury of seven and an F2 but with the way things are with the larger cast it will probably be merge at twelve and an F3. More than likely one more episode with the new tribes before merge but I hope not.
post #317 of 1025 Old 03-15-2012, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Hit it on the head:

Definition of NEOLOGISM
1: a new word, usage, or expression
2: a meaningless word coined by a psychotic

Isn't he a plastic surgeon?

post #318 of 1025 Old 03-15-2012, 04:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

according to the preview for next week, someone gets injured which means there probably won't be a tribal. hate it when that happens.

Even worse, the preview said that "history repeats itself". Sounds like someone fell into a fire again since that's the only "historic" airlift in Survivor that I can remember.

post #319 of 1025 Old 03-15-2012, 04:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Lets just hope these people are not dumb enough to let Colton win the game. I know its a stretch, but hey, the men went to tribal after winning immunity.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #320 of 1025 Old 03-15-2012, 05:13 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Even worse, the preview said that "history repeats itself". Sounds like someone fell into a fire again since that's the only "historic" airlift in Survivor that I can remember.

I didn't catch that, but if that's what they were talking about it's pretty ballsy, since they also showed Colton telling Christina (I think it was) that she should throw herself into the fire! In the EW Q&A last week with Jeff in answer to the teaser question for the upcoming episode he said virtually the same thing, and when asked to explain what me had meant this week he admitted he had gotten mixed up and was thinking of the upcoming episode for this next week. The way he talks about it there it makes it seem like it's something a little less serious though maybe?

Quote:

Tease us up for next week, and also reveal the answer to your history repeats itself clue from last week. All I could come up with was one person from an alliance (in this case, Alicia) being completely separated from the rest of her group by a tribe shake-up.

I have to admit something to you. I was one week ahead! I had been watching next week's episode! I screwed up! So my tease for next week is. history repeats itself! Sorry about that!!!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/15/je...vor-one-world/

ron
post #321 of 1025 Old 03-15-2012, 05:17 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

Lets just hope these people are not dumb enough to let Colton win the game. I know its a stretch, but hey, the men went to tribal after winning immunity.

Do you really think anyone would vote for Colton to get a million dollars though? That's the thing that's odd. He seems like he may have some game and understands how to get people to go with him, but much like Russell he doesn't seem to understand that based on his treatment of other players no one will want to vote for him to win.

ron
post #322 of 1025 Old 03-15-2012, 05:29 PM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:

... one will want to vote for him to win.

What with his paid servants and all..

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..
post #323 of 1025 Old 03-15-2012, 05:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

The title of this episode was "A Bunch of Idiots". Obviously that should have been the title for the last episode so folks have come up with much better titles for this one:

"Which One is Monica?"

"I Smell a But Coming"

and my favorite, "It's In My Crotch".

Did anyone else crack up when the chicken shot out of the cage like a rocket while everyone stared at it as if it were an alien creature? Man, those things can really run.

post #324 of 1025 Old 03-15-2012, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Did anyone else crack up when the chicken shot out of the cage like a rocket while everyone stared at it as if it were an alien creature? Man, those things can really run.

Who makes a trap w/ one side open?

post #325 of 1025 Old 03-15-2012, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:

Do you really think anyone would vote for Colton to get a million dollars though? That's the thing that's odd. He seems like he may have some game and understands how to get people to go with him, but much like Russell he doesn't seem to understand that based on his treatment of other players no one will want to vote for him to win.

ron

No, I do not think anyone would vote for him to win. But I am not in the game with these idiots.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #326 of 1025 Old 03-16-2012, 03:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

Uh, smart people? But idiots make it with two sides open.

It was a "prop up the box with a stick" trap so one side has to be open. Apparently the back was also open, but this isn't the "rocket scientists" tribe, after all. The outcome fits with the episode title.
post #327 of 1025 Old 03-16-2012, 07:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 51
Ugh!

I think it's pretty much sealed that Colton is going to be in the finals.
A) Everyone else there is either too stupid or too scared to even consider putting his name down at this point, or
B) He's reached the point where people usually realize they want an unlikable person up there next to them at final tribal.
post #328 of 1025 Old 03-16-2012, 08:17 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 27
Quote:

Isn't he a plastic surgeon?

He's either getting senile, or just messing with everyone's head
post #329 of 1025 Old 03-16-2012, 09:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I'll have to watch it again, but I thought the screen wasn't quite nailed to the frame and the chicken shot right through it. The set people probably built it that way on purpose knowing that no one would have the brains to inspect it.

It must be hard to be a Survivor camera man. How could you not laugh at these things while you're shooting them?

post #330 of 1025 Old 03-16-2012, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 174
What am I watching? This is crazy, how did Colton get so powerful and WHY are they letting it continue? This is bizzare. Plus, the constant voting out of strong people is so stupid, you are just setting yourself up to continue to loose, decimate your tribe, go into the merger with lower numbers and then have your whole tribe picked off during the merger. Sooo stupid.

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page