post #721 of 1025 Old 04-26-2012, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by edpowers View Post

In her defense, she didn't go along with their plan. She seems to have a very blase style of communicating, so she didn't lash out at any of them and just sort of took it in. But in the end, she did make a (way too late and way too weak) attempt at joining Troyzan. To me, that shows that she did realize what was happening but just didn't have the chops or personality to align anybody to her side. Of course Troyzan made the right move and tried to find one more vote to oust Christina.

I made a somewhat similar point earlier in the thread. While maybe not the smartest cookie around, I don't think she's necessarily "stupid". More likely, just too introverted and deliberate of a personality type. She isn't "wired" for making decisive bold moves or displaying the degree of charm and interpersonal skills necessary to persuade others. Especially in a high stakes game like this where a million bucks is on the line.

Mourning the disappearing usage of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 1025 Old 04-26-2012, 02:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

But if we are talking about stupid people, how about Sabrina TELLING Christina in the first place? When Kim told Sabrina that Christina was used to seeing her name written down once or twice, she meant that she'd be too stupid to realize it was coming from THEM.

My hope is that Sabrina was trying to appear to Christina to be somewhat independent from the power alliance and possibly trying to help her out. If Sab wants to turn on her alliance, you can be sure Christina will go along with her now. But hopes rarely come true in Survivor these days.

About this goat problem. People are suggesting that it might be better to go back to Final Two instead of Final Three. That forces the real contender to choose to take the goat to the FTC instead of shrugging like they don't know how the heck that goat made it there.

Of course it worked for Jenna but she would have been crazy to pick Rob C.

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
post #723 of 1025 Old 04-26-2012, 02:24 PM
Kib
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

Chelsea looked unbelievable covered in oil.

Yeaaaaaaahhhhh buddy !
post #724 of 1025 Old 04-27-2012, 04:54 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:

But if we are talking about stupid people, how about Sabrina TELLING Christina in the first place? When Kim told Sabrina that Christina was used to seeing her name written down once or twice, she meant that she'd be too stupid to realize it was coming from THEM. Sabrina seemed to think that it meant that Christina would be cool with it! I see this as a case of Dumb (Christina) and Dumber (Sabrina). I also think it shows who Kim wants to take to the end (Tarzan).

I couldn't believe either one....Sabrina for running to her and telling her "don't freak"...and Christina not being able to figure out she was going home if Troyzan did have an idol (why they were splitting the vote in the first place).
post #725 of 1025 Old 04-27-2012, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Oh, two other things I meant to mention before.

First off, I had no problem with Troyzan until he started to get a bit cocky, but man what a baby he was at that immunity challenge. The whole standing with his back turned to the competition after he lost to Tarzan just reeked of immaturity.

Second, I would not be happy if I was head of the school that Alicia works at or one of the parents of the kids she teaches after the comments she made. Calling Christina stupid and then compairing her to her students really was an insult to those poor kids.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #726 of 1025 Old 04-27-2012, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post

Yeah. Survivor sure turned into Lord Of Flies for a couple of minutes with women running around screaming "Kill the Pig! Kill the Pig!"

Yeah, I figured on the off chance that they actually caught the pig, we'd see Tarzan's operating room skills ...

Uncle Willie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #727 of 1025 Old 04-27-2012, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Anyone else find the current controversy surrounding the special ed teacher in NJ interesting based on what we have learned from this show (Alicia)?

I have no problem imagining Alicia name calling and abusing children in her class. If I was a parent with a child in her class, I would do everything possible to pull the kid out.
post #728 of 1025 Old 04-27-2012, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy View Post

Anyone else find the current controversy surrounding the special ed teacher in NJ interesting based on what we have learned from this show (Alicia)?

I have no problem imagining Alicia name calling and abusing children in her class. If I was a parent with a child in her class, I would do everything possible to pull the kid out.

Not the first Survivor "teacher" that seemed a flake ..

I've not cared for Alicia from the get go, always figured she was the "Jersey Shore" connection ..

If there is a controversy, it's of her own doing ..

Uncle Willie

: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #729 of 1025 Old 04-27-2012, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After the Kim love-fest at the RC the rest of the women would be crazy to let her near the the final 3 but with this crew it is hard to say. It would be easy for three girls and Tarzan to split up Kim-Chelsea now and much harder to go after them later with their ability to win ICs and an idol in hand.
No sympathy for Troy. You cut loose your wing man Jonas, put your faith in new Salami and left yourself no options and no room to maneuver. And you were a poor sport to boot. The men were a bunch of dbags this season.
The biggest question for me is the WTF votes by Tarzan. Maybe this will be revealed at some point. Too bad they don't show the voting confessionals any more.
Did anyone see Alicia giving Christina a shoulder rub during the oilathon? What is going on here?
post #730 of 1025 Old 04-27-2012, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 181
I was eyeing that too, as Alicia has been mostly vicious towards Christina so it's always a little weird when they show them playing nice. But sometime after that, they showed Christina rubbing on Alicia so it appears they were rubbing each other with sunscreen or some other kind of liquid. Which raises the question, does Survivor provide sunscreen to participants? It would punch another hole in the concept of survivor but I suspect it would simply be too dangerous not to provide sun protection given the extreme environment of living outdoors and being exposed to the sun on a near constant basis.

Mourning the disappearing usage of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
post #731 of 1025 Old 04-27-2012, 09:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Yeah, I figured on the off chance that they actually caught the pig, we'd see Tarzan's operating room skills ...

The extra footage at cbs.com showed that the pig was very friendly with everyone and ended up being a pet around camp. Someone even tried to ride him.

It's as if the Survivor crew had bought a domesticated pig and released it into the camp for fun... but they wouldn't do something like that!

These people are not starving. They were more excited about the helicopter ride than the food. Alicia appears to be gaining weight.

post #732 of 1025 Old 04-27-2012, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Quote:

But if we are talking about stupid people, how about Sabrina TELLING Christina in the first place? When Kim told Sabrina that Christina was used to seeing her name written down once or twice, she meant that she'd be too stupid to realize it was coming from THEM. Sabrina seemed to think that it meant that Christina would be cool with it! I see this as a case of Dumb (Christina) and Dumber (Sabrina). I also think it shows who Kim wants to take to the end (Tarzan).

Sabrina was looking for a jury vote. It did not matter if Christina knew or not since Tarzan and Kat are too scare to go against the majority.
post #733 of 1025 Old 04-27-2012, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruelInventions View Post

I was eyeing that too, as Alicia has been mostly vicious towards Christina so it's always a little weird when they show them playing nice. But sometime after that, they showed Christina rubbing on Alicia so it appears they were rubbing each other with sunscreen or some other kind of liquid. Which raises the question, does Survivor provide sunscreen to participants? It would punch another hole in the concept of survivor but I suspect it would simply be too dangerous not to provide sun protection given the extreme environment of living outdoors and being exposed to the sun on a near constant basis.

The show stopped being about survival a long time ago. They want healthy contestants to compete for the entire game. It is like quarterbacks in the NFL, the league still allows them to be hit, but they put in special rules to prevent them from being taken out for a game or a season.
post #734 of 1025 Old 04-27-2012, 10:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Which raises the question, does Survivor provide sunscreen to participants? It would punch another hole in the concept of survivor but I suspect it would simply be too dangerous not to provide sun protection given the extreme environment of living outdoors and being exposed to the sun on a near constant basis.

Yes, they now get some personal hygiene products. For example, notice how some contestants are sometimes wearing thick glasses when they aren't in challenges or are going to bed? They give them a place to wash their hands and put their contacts in or take them out. You can't make them wear glasses all the time if they're on the show for their looks.

post #735 of 1025 Old 04-27-2012, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post

These people are not starving. They were more excited about the helicopter ride than the food. Alicia appears to be gaining weight.

Baby got Back ..

Uncle Willie

post #736 of 1025 Old 04-27-2012, 10:34 AM
R11
AVS Special Member

Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatChicken View Post

Perhaps, thru editing, we're may not be seeing that Tarzan has a 'Solid' ( in his mind), Final 3 plan w/2 of the women ...

It's easy to believe that one or more of the girls told Tarzan, ( and believe), they'd rather sit next to him at the end, vs. some of the other girls ...
One way to look at it is, if Tarzan was in the final 2 w/ Kim or whoever, All the Jury girls are likley to vote the female, & since Tarzan essentially voted off all the jury men, that allows the men to be more 'Open minded' about the female as well. ...
Instead of Tarzan being simply "mindless" the last few TC's, he's following his plan, but the info & interview quotes are on the cutting room floor ...

I've wondered about that a bit but the more of his extra interviews I've watched and the more of the comments from the guys voted out about him I've read, I just think he's playing his own game and nobody really knows exactly what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

That is not the half of it. Seriously. So she can't put two and two together. So if Tarzan had the idol (which the thought he might of), he plays it and the only other people with a vote is Christina. So she goes home guranteed. She couldn't realize that????????????

She really seems to be out of her element out there. But in one of her interviews that's posted on the cbs site she talks about how she hasn't really been sleeping at all either so I'm sure that begins to take a toll eventually as well. At this point she just kinda seems dazed.

Quote:

It was funny when Troyzan talked about the women all seeming to think that killing the pig would somehow magically transition into eating ham sandwiches 5 minutes later.

And it was unintentionally hilarious during his exit interview when Troyzan stated that he thought the fans loved the game he played on Survivor. He's got a rude awakening coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

Oh, two other things I meant to mention before.

First off, I had no problem with Troyzan until he started to get a bit cocky, but man what a baby he was at that immunity challenge. The whole standing with his back turned to the competition after he lost to Tarzan just reeked of immaturity.

The funniest part about the pig scene to me was them cutting back and forth between Troyzan explaining how all the women went crazy over the pig, and then showing scenes of him leading the charge on the pig He's always talking about the dumb stuff everyone else is doing, while he's doing basically the same stuff. He really has shown himself to be a bitter player in the end and he does have a seriously overblown sense of how well he played.

Quote:

My hope is that Sabrina was trying to appear to Christina to be somewhat independent from the power alliance and possibly trying to help her out. If Sab wants to turn on her alliance, you can be sure Christina will go along with her now. But hopes rarely come true in Survivor these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post

Sabrina was looking for a jury vote. It did not matter if Christina knew or not since Tarzan and Kat are too scare to go against the majority.

I'm pretty sure she was just looking for the jury vote too. Still, it kinda seemed like she thought about it later and realized it may not have been the best thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbology View Post

After the Kim love-fest at the RC the rest of the women would be crazy to let her near the the final 3 but with this crew it is hard to say. It would be easy for three girls and Tarzan to split up Kim-Chelsea now and much harder to go after them later with their ability to win ICs and an idol in hand.

I think that's always a tough call of when to make that move though. Kim really seems to have made a strong connection with all the women. Nobody really wants to axe her. It also seems like they all really think they are the one that has the best connection with her and that will get them into the finals at this point. Like coach last season that will start to change as they get down to the end of course, so it will be interesting to see how she (and they) approaches it. Most of the guys didn't play very smartly, but a lot of them were hoodwinked mostly by Kim's strong play as well. I really don't think she's getting as much credit as she's deserved so far.

ron
post #737 of 1025 Old 04-27-2012, 11:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

There's a fun theory people are throwing around about Tarzan: the whole thing is an act. Remember when Federal Agent Nobody acted like a loon and many figured it was an act? Well, same theory for Tarzan.

The theory says that as FTC gets closer and closer, Tarzan will be swinging at invisible objects and having conversations with trees. When he makes his opening statement at the FTC it will be something like:

"Good evening, my fellow Survivors. Now that the game is no longer afoot, I can reveal that my inexplicable behavior you witnessed was nothing but an elaborate deception on my part in order to reach this position. As my fellow comrades were being dispatched by this tyrannical feminine dictatorship, I assumed this role in order to outwit, outplay and ultimately undermine it. If you believe I achieved this goal, you are compelled to write 'Greg' on your parchment. I bid you good luck."

post #738 of 1025 Old 04-27-2012, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 23
It just occurred to me since Kim is the owner of a "Bridal Shop" she must have to coddle and reassure emotional basket cases on a daily basis, which is perfect training for Survivor.
post #739 of 1025 Old 04-27-2012, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

yeah, i figured on the off chance that they actually caught the pig, we'd see tarzan's operating room skills ...

lol
post #740 of 1025 Old 04-27-2012, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhall1 View Post

I couldn't believe either one....Sabrina for running to her and telling her "don't freak"...and Christina not being able to figure out she was going home if Troyzan did have an idol (why they were splitting the vote in the first place).

That's Kim making sure that every "i" is dotted and every "t" is crossed. That's probably more of her Bridal Shop training coming through. Her customers probably complain about everything, so every possible CYA strategy must be fully employed.
post #741 of 1025 Old 04-27-2012, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post

It just occurred to me since Kim is the owner of a "Bridal Shop" she must have to coddle and reassure emotional basket cases on a daily basis, which is perfect training for Survivor.

so, so true.

xbox live/PSN: Chad473
post #742 of 1025 Old 04-27-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:

I don't think they are starving but it looks like they are losing weight. I try not to look at Alicia too much but the rest of those girls and Tarzan seem to be much thinner. Of course implants don't lose fat. I'll have to watch some Ponderosa to see what some of the boys lost before they started pigging out again.
As far as an uprising against Kim it would be fun to see but I don't know if the rest have it in them.
I would love to see a WTF F3 of Tarzan,Kat, and Alicia. That would be hilarious.
post #743 of 1025 Old 04-27-2012, 03:44 PM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 73
If Tarzan goes next, I give 1:3 odds that the jury will begin to suspect that the girls are in an alliance.
post #744 of 1025 Old 04-27-2012, 04:55 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy View Post

Funny you say that, I turned to my wife (who is a teacher) and said "She's probably that teacher on the recording!".
post #745 of 1025 Old 04-30-2012, 08:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bswiz View Post

Funny you say that, I turned to my wife (who is a teacher) and said "She's probably that teacher on the recording!".

It crossed my mind as well. Unfortunately, that type of stuff is probably more commonplace than we like to believe.
post #746 of 1025 Old 04-30-2012, 08:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Troyzan at least tried to scramble and cause some disfunction, but, yes, it was too little too late, and I never once thought he'd be able to pull it off.

There were a few problems with it - the first was RISK. it was a sort of prisoner's dilemma where he needed everyone to come on board, but they wouldn't all trust each other to come on board. and if you did flop but did not get the 5 votes, you'd have a huge target and probably be gone next. For example, if he had gotten Leif, and Christina, and Alicia, but not Tarzan, than Christina and Alicia would be hung out to dry.

The other problem was REWARD. is that he kept telling people Final 5 which was not enough of a reward and essentially what they had anyway and with a existing alliance and no risk. He needed to embellish or convince Alicia and Christina and Tarzan and Leif independently that they were Final 3 and in the final jury.

I still find Survivor entertaining but the number of people truly playing the game (guys and girls) is a little depressing. Part of the reason I loved the chaos and constant scheming of the Russell seasons. We are a long ways from that.
post #747 of 1025 Old 04-30-2012, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:

Final 3 .. ?? Kim / Kat / Christina ..

I'm thinking Christina/Chelsea/Kat. Christina needs to convince Chelsea that she has no chance of winning if she and Kim are in the Final 3 and she'd have a better chance w/ her and Kat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

If Tarzan goes next, I give 1:3 odds that the jury will begin to suspect that the girls are in an alliance.

I doubt it. They'll probably think it was Bill's fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djb5f View Post

Troyzan at least tried to scramble and cause some dysfunction, but, yes, it was too little too late, and I never once thought he'd be able to pull it off.

Since there was a strong suspicion that Troyzan had an idol, his only chance would have been to make a fake idol to steer the votes from him. But since Kim has an idol, I'm not sure there were any other idols still hidden in which case, it wouldn't have worked.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #748 of 1025 Old 05-01-2012, 05:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Did anyone watch Russell Hanz's new show Flipped Off on A&E? It was actually entertaining, it was fun to see Russell and his brother fighting and the real estate lady is freaking one of the most stunning woman I have ever seen, drop dead gorgeous.

post #749 of 1025 Old 05-01-2012, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Did anyone watch Russell Hanz's new show Flipped Off on A&E? It was actually entertaining, it was fun to see Russell and his brother fighting and the real estate lady is freaking one of the most stunning woman I have ever seen, drop dead gorgeous.

I'd agree on the RE lady, and I tuned in briefly just out of curiosity .. but the contrived Hantz drama made me dislike him even more than his stints on Survivor .. if that's even possible ..

Uncle Willie

post #750 of 1025 Old 05-01-2012, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

Brilliant post...

Revo Ion...XBMC For Windows...Dharma RC2
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page