'Survivor: One World' Season 24 on CBS HD - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 1025 Old 02-15-2012, 11:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
The king of irritating contestants (Brandon from Africa 1) has now been dethroned! I also second the tribal council 'Shut up' aimed at Miss Fake hood attitude....this season might have noone to pull for!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1025 Old 02-16-2012, 05:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Annnnnd, my hometown girl is out just like that....

Was hoping to see Kourtney do better.

It's shaping up to be good so far. I think that when you have all women and all men in tribes, there's bound to be some dramatic clashes.

Since there is no RI anymore, might they bring back the reward challenges?

-- David
post #63 of 1025 Old 02-16-2012, 05:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Sooo glad this was backed. Loved it. Really like the one beach with both groups there. Already shows it is going to add more drama.

The guys stealing the girls stuff was priceless. Man that girl broke her wrist in multiple spots, ouch. LISTEN TO JEFF PEOPLE!!

I predict the men will dominate the women tribe until they officially merge, and then the women will cause the men to turn on each other.

post #64 of 1025 Old 02-16-2012, 05:46 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Sooo glad this was backed. Loved it. Really like the one beach with both groups there. Already shows it is going to add more drama.

The guys stealing the girls stuff was priceless. Man that girl broke her wrist in multiple spots, ouch. LISTEN TO JEFF PEOPLE!!

I predict the men will dominate the women tribe until they officially merge, and then the women will cause the men to turn on each other.

I am thinking the same. The women that will be left will take out their revenge by turning the guys against each other
post #65 of 1025 Old 02-16-2012, 06:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Tarzan AND Troyzan, what ARE the chances??

post #66 of 1025 Old 02-16-2012, 06:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Surprised that there seemed to be zero consideration given to all living together. No reason they had to have separate shelters/living areas/stuff. They could have shared everything.

I guess the men starting off by stealing the girls' stuff and then the girls not sharing the chicken really divided them quickly.
post #67 of 1025 Old 02-16-2012, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 609
I already don't care for the "Jersey Shore" chick with the butt cheek spandex .. nice butt / bad attitude ..

The fire theft was lame .. the token gay guy is a stereotype big time ..

I've got high hopes for this season, hoping for a return to some classic Survivor .. so far, I see the women getting annihilated if they don't get their act together ..

My wife expected the men to finish out the challenge .. give me a break .. take the win every time ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #68 of 1025 Old 02-16-2012, 07:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

Also instead of letting the guys bail out, should have let them drop one guy to even it up and continue the challenge.

That was my thought as well. I didn't like or understand the reasoning that they needed 9 people from each tribe to finish. Horsecrap! They could have easily just let the guys pick one on their tribe who had yet to cross the balance beam and then let the challenge continue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

I already don't care for the "Jersey Shore" chick with the butt cheek spandex .. nice butt / bad attitude ..

Killer body, but she will easily be this season's villian with that annoying ghetto attitude.

As for the gay guy, is there something about being overtly gay that makes them run that way. For Christ's sake, put your arms down and stop flailing them around.

Overall though, the women are even hotter that I initially expected. Even the little Asian chick was packing much more up top that it looked when she had the dress on. Once she went to the bandana bikini top, she was busting out of it.
post #69 of 1025 Old 02-16-2012, 07:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

Killer body, but she will easily be this season's villian with that annoying ghetto attitude.

As for the gay guy, is there something about being overtly gay that makes them run that way. For Christ's sake, put your arms down and stop flailing them around.

Overall though, the women are even hotter that I initially expected. Even the little Asian chick was packing much more up top that it looked when she had the dress on. Once she went to the bandana bikini top, she was busting out of it.

I was expecting Jersey Shore to stand up and just get in Asian Girls face .. and Asian Girl would not back down ..

And yes, the womens tribe is nice .. but one apparently fell flat on her face during the net jump and looked like she had a fat lip .. then losing one to a broken wrist .. all in episode one does not bode well for the tribe ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #70 of 1025 Old 02-16-2012, 07:24 AM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:

As for the gay guy, is there something about being overtly gay that makes them run that way. For Christ's sake, put your arms down and stop flailing them around.....

I think it's often a case of "I'm gay and I want you to know it" . . .

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..
post #71 of 1025 Old 02-16-2012, 07:25 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
looks like the women are in trouble already. they need to get rid of alicia - she's poison for that tribe.

that's a bummer for kourtney breaking her wrist. looked painful. and bummer for us the viewers too. we waited all this time to have an old school tribal where someone gets voted off without a chance for redemption..... oh well, have to wait another week
post #72 of 1025 Old 02-16-2012, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

I think it's often a case of "I'm gay and I want you to know it" . . .

I have absolutely no ill will against gay folk .. but the over the top drama just seems a bit much to me ..

Uncle Willie

post #73 of 1025 Old 02-16-2012, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Something tells me the male vs female thing isn't going to be permanent. I of course could be wrong, I was actually waiting for them to mix the tribes up last night.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #74 of 1025 Old 02-16-2012, 09:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

I was waiting for, "Shut up! My breasts are larger than your breasts!"

Quote:

He was so over the top retro-flaming (young gay men haven't tied sweaters around their necks in twenty years) that I would have suspected the whole thing was an act. At least he didn't show up in chaps and a handlebar mustache.

Quote:

My wife expected the men to finish out the challenge .. give me a break .. take the win every time ..

Those guys were looking at the balance bar and imagining their asses hitting the net over and over. They would have lost. The men never do well on the balance bars.

The three shirtless guys look like they're doing a jeans commercial.

Is this the first time someone has broken a bone on Survivor?

Is this the first time someone managed to build a fire by rubbing wood? I can think of at least seven seasons where they tried absolutely every contraption to make fire and all they ever got was smoke.

Is "Medical Sales" the new term for "Pharmaceutical Rep" which is the occupation of at least one hottie every season?

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
post #75 of 1025 Old 02-16-2012, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post

Is "Medical Sales" the new term for "Pharmaceutical Rep" which is the occupation of at least one hottie every season?

Or is it just a euphemism for drug dealer?

I was waiting for the gals to broach the "sex for fire" subject but guess that would be to over the top.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #76 of 1025 Old 02-16-2012, 10:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Or is it just a euphemism for drug dealer?

I was waiting for the gals to broach the "sex for fire" subject but guess that would be to over the top.

Over the top to show on TV, probably. Tarzan did suggest a naked pole dance. Who knows what doesn't get aired though.
post #77 of 1025 Old 02-16-2012, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 174
That gay guy never even gave his tribe a chance. Within hours he was over on the girls tribe saying how much he loved them etc. Shouldn't you wait to see how they will act towards you before openly displaying your desire to be on the other team? He dug himself a grave fast.

post #78 of 1025 Old 02-16-2012, 10:44 AM
R11
AVS Special Member

Liked: 43
Quote:

Also instead of letting the guys bail out, should have let them drop one guy to even it up and continue the challenge.

Quote:

That was my thought as well. I didn't like or understand the reasoning that they needed 9 people from each tribe to finish. Horsecrap! They could have easily just let the guys pick one on their tribe who had yet to cross the balance beam and then let the challenge continue.

Quote:

Those guys were looking at the balance bar and imagining their asses hitting the net over and over. They would have lost. The men never do well on the balance bars.

Is this the first time someone has broken a bone on Survivor?

Part of the challenge is having your whole team finish it. Yeah sure, it was a bad break (sorry, just couldn't resist ) for the women's team, but that's part of the deal. If she hadn't jumped and landed so awkwardly she would have had no problem. Skill is a big part of the equation. As far as the men possibly agreeing to continuing on goes, I have to agree with scowl. Why would they ever do that? Chivalry? It's Survivor. It would have been dumb to even take any further chance to lose when they already won by default. I also thought it was a bit surprising and disappointing that the women's team took so much umbrage at the decision and expected the guys to give them a "do over".

Didn't someone break their foot or toe in an opening challenge before (Rupert maybe?)

ron
post #79 of 1025 Old 02-16-2012, 10:48 AM
Thread Ender

Quote:
Originally Posted by R11 View Post

....Didn't someone break their foot or toe in an opening challenge before (Rupert maybe?)

Yes.. that's it Rupert. I couldn't recall his name. Broke his toe, but stayed anyway.

They consider THIS
post #80 of 1025 Old 02-16-2012, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 23
Quote:

... At least he didn't show up in chaps and a handlebar mustache.

LOL. This reminds me of an Adam Carolla routine about Freddie Mercury of Queen and how for a long time no one thought he was actually gay, so he kept doing things to make it more obvious. One of the steps being when he shaved his long hair and grew the big handle bar mustache. The rest of the routine, as with most of Carolla's material, is rude enough that i don't feel comfortable repeating it.
post #81 of 1025 Old 02-16-2012, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Kourtney breaking her wrist was really disappointing. The "alliance" needs to jettison Alicia and Kourtney would have been on the short list for her replacement. Plus, she seemed to be the most interesting personality on the women's team.

I would have thought that Kourtney who does motorcycle repair for a living and thus almost certainly is also an experienced rider, would have been the one woman on the team that would have been taught to never try and use your hands to stop a fall.

And for a bit of irony and foreshadowing we have this from Kourtney's bio [emphasis added]:

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I NEED the money and want the experience. Traveling, meeting new people, opening new doors, getting the hell out of the Austin bubble for a little while I severely need a drastic change in my life, preferably one that won't kill me. I think I'm going to walk away from this permanently changedbut for the better.
post #82 of 1025 Old 02-16-2012, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

And Stephanie dislocated her shoulder during the first competition in Heroes vs. Villains ...
post #83 of 1025 Old 02-16-2012, 11:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I thought it was a middle of the pack first episode, not enthralling but not lousy. i've found Survivor really doesn't hit its stride until several episodes in when people/alliances really start scrambling. typically, in the beginning, you can tell who is on the outs. maybe this will change this year with Colton having an immunity idol.

this women's tribe isn't so bad, both Chelsea and Kat (thank you night vision cameras) jump out, hope they stay awhile.

and c'mon, to keep going with the challenge would've been a fool's move even though Probst tried to guilt them into it. but women are more emotional creatures and of course took it as an affront. but rationally/logically, it was the only choice for a team.
post #84 of 1025 Old 02-16-2012, 11:49 AM
R11
AVS Special Member

Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfergie View Post

And Stephanie dislocated her shoulder during the first competition in Heroes vs. Villains ...

Yep. It was the same challenge Rupert broke his toe wasn't it? IIRC, that one was a major knock down, drag out.

From next weeks' preview it looks like Colton wears his welcome out with everybody pretty fast. And it appears he's revealing he has an idol to at least a couple of his tribemates. Since they show Sabrina saying that he's a cancer, I guess she's already regretting giving it to him...

ron
post #85 of 1025 Old 02-16-2012, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpillar View Post

Just once I would like them to do a survivor in Siberia or Antartica. The last one who can survive the cold in a swim suit wins.

IIRC International treaties prohibit any commercial operations in Antartica. But a Survivor: Gulag Archipelago in Siberia sounds like a hoot to me.

Another good one would be at base camp on Everest. Even at "only" 17,500ft, we'd probably get to see a couple of people drop dead from AMS.
post #86 of 1025 Old 02-16-2012, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
This has gotta be the best group of female eye candy ever on this series! (Kudos to night vision!) And I didn't even see any camera "blurs" yet! I hope the ladies stick around for awhile!
post #87 of 1025 Old 02-16-2012, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:

Is this the first time someone managed to build a fire by rubbing wood? I can think of at least seven seasons where they tried absolutely every contraption to make fire and all they ever got was smoke.

On a preview bio, the guy who built the fire stated that he read survivor books and watched Youtube videos on how to start a fire before the season started. He also said he put on 25 pounds for the show to deal with the diet.
post #88 of 1025 Old 02-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Thread Ender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viventis View Post

On a preview bio, the guy who built the fire stated that he read survivor books and watched Youtube videos on how to start a fire before the season started. He also said he put on 25 pounds for the show to deal with the diet.

I'm surprised that no one else has ever tried using a pair of glasses to start the fire.. ever since Yau Man (I think it was him) did it many seasons ago.

They consider THIS
post #89 of 1025 Old 02-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viventis View Post

which guy built the fire?
post #90 of 1025 Old 02-16-2012, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb5f View Post

which guy built the fire?

Jay, I believe. The male model.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010