post #331 of 465 Old 04-20-2012, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

Last season Blake's criteria for who he kept and who he kicked was iTunes sales numbers. I can't really fault his logic. He diverged from that with Erin/Raelynn and you could see that it pained him to do so. We would have had the pain explained to us more clearly if the idiot producers didnt waste so much time on Bieber.

Well, that's pretty lame (both Bieber and his faulty criteria).

If he diverged from it with Erin and RaeLynn, then why did he use that excuse for getting rid of Jordis who I personally think was one of his best?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 465 Old 04-20-2012, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

Well, that's pretty lame (both Bieber and his faulty criteria).

If he diverged from it with Erin and RaeLynn, then why did he use that excuse for getting rid of Jordis who I personally think was one of his best?

I think she made it easy on him by not being that great except for the Save-me song. She probably wasn't receiving much voting interest either.
post #333 of 465 Old 04-20-2012, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I think she made it easy on him by not being that great except for the Save-me song. She probably wasn't receiving much voting interest either.

Once again I guess this shows that my musical interests are far removed from the masses that watch this show. IMO, Jordis was WAY better than Lindsey or RaeLynn (yes, I know, different teams).
post #334 of 465 Old 04-21-2012, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 522
Last night, I had the urge to revisit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 25th concert .. and as this part played, I could not help but wonder if she would have made it into any competion show today ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HW7V1F6c2g

I'd sure like to think so ..

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

post #335 of 465 Old 04-21-2012, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoatLantern View Post

The timing was thrown off to accomodate the dead air that Bieber brought. Both my wife and looked at each other after the whole Beiber thing and said "what the hell was that for" it served no purpose but to promote Bieber and give a small ratings spike to the tweenies. This show is starting to lose me...

When he went to greet the judge, Christina looked so disinterested with him.

post #336 of 465 Old 04-22-2012, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Last night, I had the urge to revisit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 25th concert .. and as this part played, I could not help but wonder if she would have made it into any competion show today ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HW7V1F6c2g

I'd sure like to think so ..

I often think that about a lot of huge artists.

I mean seriously, could you see Dylan or Springsteen ever winning one of these things with their raspy voices?
post #337 of 465 Old 04-23-2012, 09:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Except for Jamar and Juliet, I did a whole lot of fast-forwarding tonight. Ceelo and Adam have really bad teams overall, but I think Ceelo's final two will be Jamar and Juliet, which are the strongest duo. Why the hell are they trying to make Adam's fat singer look like Adele? In the taped video, no wig. Then live she has a big ugly wig on that does nothing to flatter her. Lame. Judges were the best part of the show tonight.
post #338 of 465 Old 04-23-2012, 10:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
They have just started out first season of The Voice in Aus and i am already bored with it.

Seams to many professional singers get on these shows and all sound the same.

Australian idol was cancelled a few years back for lack of interest, we still have X Factor but i prefer Australia's got Talent at least it is a mix of talent and not just singing.
post #339 of 465 Old 04-23-2012, 11:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I thought 80% of the singers tonight were quite strong, I guessed early on that Pip and James would be gone, both were the weakest on their teams. I thought tonight's group was much stronger than last weeks.
post #340 of 465 Old 04-24-2012, 06:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post

I thought 80% of the singers tonight were quite strong, I guessed early on that Pip and James would be gone, both were the weakest on their teams. I thought tonight's group was much stronger than last weeks.

Pretty much my take .. and early on, did CeeLo fart .. ?? I mean with all the laughing and fan waving going on, that's kinda what it seemed like .. and CeeLo seemed a bit flustered ..

Glad to se Pip go .. never understood why he made it so far .. James was a one trick pony .. always the same delivery .. seemed like a nice guy ..

The lounge is a waste of time ..

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

post #341 of 465 Old 04-24-2012, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Agreed about the lounge. Remember when Idol used to do that crap back in the early years? Yep, sucked then too. And yeah, Ceelo was farting. He said so early on, "Sorry, I've got gas!" I thought it was funny, especially when Christina used her hand-fan to protect herself.

It was no mystery to me who the judges would kick off last night, as opposed to last week when I had no idea who Blake or Christina would boot. I guess that means overall they had stronger teams. I like Ceelo's team the best now though (as long as America and Ceelo do the right thing and keep Juliet and Jamar). Juliet looked beautiful last night with her hair pulled off her face/eyes.
post #342 of 465 Old 04-24-2012, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

I'm still on Team CeeLo for the win .. I don't think Jamars performance last night was as good as the Lenny Kravitz tune he did a couple weeks ago ..

I am absolutely taken with Juliet .. she reminds me of a Janis Joplin / Stevie Nicks / Pat Benatar / Joan Jett / hybrid .. Juliet should take it this season, I hope .. however, the wings need to go ..

Felt like Xtina was a bit snarky with Tony Lucca although not as bad as before .. I don't know what her problem is with him .. maybe they had something going during the MM Club days .. ??

I'm thinking :

1) Juliet for the win
2) Tony Lucca runner up

post #343 of 465 Old 04-24-2012, 07:01 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

The lounge is a waste of time ..

The funniest thing all season was a few weeks ago when Adam was in the lounge and said that he hated the vibe in there, couldn't wait to get out.
post #344 of 465 Old 04-24-2012, 10:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
Off topic comments removed.

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

post #345 of 465 Old 04-24-2012, 10:38 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
I was surprised to see the show go with the "swinging trapeze guy" this week after the "guitar players on stilts" distraction was received so badly last week. It shows that the producers are not learning from their mistakes at all.

It could be a pretty unpredictable show tonight based on what we saw last Tuesday.
post #346 of 465 Old 04-26-2012, 07:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Good choices on who stayed and who went. I personally still don't get the appeal of Juliet. She still screams too much when it's not needed and then when she tones it back and actually has to sing, her voice isn't that good IMO. I really want to like her because I always root for the rockers, but she just isn't doing it for me.

So, now that the final two per team are set, who do you think is moving on to the finals from each team?

Team Adam: Tony Lucca and Katrina Parker
Team Blake: Jermaine Paul and Erin Willett
Team Ceelo: Jamar Rogers and Juliet Simms
Team Christina: Chris Mann and Lindsey Pavao

My guesses are Tony Lucca, Jermaine Paul, Jamar Rogers, and Lindsey Pavao.

To me the closest is Chris Mann vs Lindsey Pavao and I personally would pick Chris, but considering how those who watch this show think that Lindsey and her style (i.e. Dia Frampton) are so great, I have a feeling they'll choose her to move on.

So, if I had to pick a winner of the four I chose, I think Jamar is a great performer, but if Tony can pull out another WOW performance like he did with Britney Spears' song, then he may win it all.
post #347 of 465 Old 04-26-2012, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Jamar, Jermaine, Tony, and Lindsey, because I got the impression last week that Christina was pissed about America saving Chris. If she wants Lindsey she can rig the voting so that Americas vote doesn't count.
post #348 of 465 Old 04-26-2012, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

For now, I'm sticking with my earlier picks :

1) Juliet for the win
2) Tony Lucca runner up

I did not think Jamar did that well with the Bon Jovi tune ..

Jermaine I'm really on the fence with ..

My picks are based on who I think will get the votes as well as my personal opinion ..

Juliet is really not the best "vocalist" .. however, to me, she more than makes up for that with her emotion and stage command .. I know that goes against picking "The Voice" ...

post #349 of 465 Old 04-26-2012, 11:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

If she wants Lindsey she can rig the voting so that Americas vote doesn't count.

I have not heard if they are going to use that judge/audience split vote system again in the semi-finals this season. If so, then the judges still have a lot of power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki from last season View Post

..the Final Four were announced based on a mix of public vote and voting of coaches. Both carried equal weight of 100 points for a total of 200 points. The coaches delivered their points in closed envelopes at the end of the live semi-final round. After counting of the public votes and adding the coaches' points, the finalist were determined.

I think that Tony Lucca has to be the front runner now. Juliet Simms and Chris Mann both seem highly overrated to me.
post #350 of 465 Old 04-27-2012, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

At this point, the decision should be taken completely out of the judges hands and left to America's choice. That's just my 2 cents.
post #351 of 465 Old 05-01-2012, 07:44 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 27
No comments on last nights show yet?
I thought everyone really stepped it up! Much better than the last few weeks.
post #352 of 465 Old 05-01-2012, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

It's getting more and more obvious that Xtina has some ill will toward Tony .. she seems to be doing everything she can to keep him from winning ..

post #353 of 465 Old 05-01-2012, 08:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post

I thought everyone really stepped it up! Much better than the last few weeks.

I agree. They should have been doing more weeks of shows like last night, and been eliminating just one or two people a show, instead of four or more at a time.

It's hard to predict who will go home tonight, other than the home voters tend to vote for guys.
post #354 of 465 Old 05-01-2012, 08:05 AM

I thought Tony and Juliet rocked the house last night. Be interesting to see what America likes for the finals.
post #355 of 465 Old 05-01-2012, 08:36 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Interesting show last night. Yep, Xtina clearly is doing everything to take Tony out, short of hiring a hit man!

I was mostly excited about last night's performances. The "home voters pick males" comment above seemed timely from my point of view. In past shows, I've favored the female singers, but not last night - the men clearly blew them away. Erin just doesn't do it for me - she doesn't enunciate! And Jermaine singing Journey. . .well, that was just awesome! Never have liked Lindsey (I ffwded through her performance), and for some reason, I felt Katrina's performance last night wasn't good enough to beat Tony - I would buy an album of Tony's if it was centered around last night's style of music/performance (which sucks because I've liked Katrina's prior performances).

The real problem comes down to Jamar vs. Juliet. I want so badly to like Juliet, and I have enjoyed her past performances, but I found myself hitting ffwd on her performance last night. Maybe it was the song choice I hated, maybe it's that little thing with her voice that grates on me occasionally, I don't know. Jamar, on the other hand, could record "Sittin' on the Toilet" (do a Youtube search for that, um, "gem") and I'd buy the album! The man has a voice! Maybe THE Voice!

And thank you Cee-Lo for putting those young-uns in their place - that was a Roberta Flack original, Lauren Hill just remade the song!

So what do you think? Based on last night, I'm betting Tony, Chris, Jermaine, and Juliet, and I think either Jermaine or Juliet will win it.
post #356 of 465 Old 05-01-2012, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by osu1991 View Post

I thought Tony and Juliet rocked the house last night. Be interesting to see what America likes for the finals.

I'm sticking with my earlier posts ..

Juliet for the win
Tony for runner up ..

Xtina may have actually helped him by driving a few sympathy votes his way ..

Juliet just lays it all out .. emotionally, she delivers like none other this season, IMO .. when they revealed she would be doing that James Brown tune, I had my doubts, but she nailed it .. channeling Janis Joplin

And yes .. I kept thinking .. hey, it's Roberta Flack folks ..

post #357 of 465 Old 05-01-2012, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Based on iTunes sales/ratings Juliet owned last night. She's about 1000 ratings ahead of the 2nd highest person. Her awesome performance clearly resonated with the masses. I love Jamar, and his story, but damn it would be hard to pick him over Juliet based on last night. Team Ceelo is the strongest. Blakes team got the fewest and lowest ratings with Jermaine easily besting Erin. Lindsey once again is getting great ratings.

Personally I'd choose:

Tony over Katrina. She was weak. Christina helped Tony by pointing out how much more Katrina should have done.

Juliet over Jamar - She was far and away the best last night. And better than anything I've seen on these shows in a long time.

Chris Mann over Lindsey - I don't think either stand a chance of winning, but I'm already tired of her quiet style of singing

Jermaine easily over Erin - She does nothing for me, and he's a great singer.
post #358 of 465 Old 05-01-2012, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Based on iTunes sales/ratings Juliet owned last night. She's about 1000 ratings ahead of the 2nd highest person. Her awesome performance clearly resonated with the masses. I love Jamar, and his story, but damn it would be hard to pick him over Juliet based on last night. Team Ceelo is the strongest. Blakes team got the fewest and lowest ratings with Jermaine easily besting Erin. Lindsey once again is getting great ratings.

Personally I'd choose:

Tony over Katrina. She was weak. Christina helped Tony by pointing out how much more Katrina should have done.

Juliet over Jamar - She was far and away the best last night. And better than anything I've seen on these shows in a long time.

Chris Mann over Lindsey - I don't think either stand a chance of winning, but I'm already tired of her quiet style of singing

Jermaine easily over Erin - She does nothing for me, and he's a great singer.

We are on the same wavelength ... tonight should be interesting .. and although Adam can get a bit long winded, he seems to really, really be into it ... as well, I honestly believe CeeLo is very much emotionally involved .. the panel is doing a great job this season ..

post #359 of 465 Old 05-01-2012, 11:22 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqw5F...ure=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-Qdj...ure=plpp_video

Same song, two vastly different performances, but both good.

Juliet Simms The Voice US and Karise Eden The Voice Australia
post #360 of 465 Old 05-01-2012, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quite an eclectic group of judges there in Australia. I like it. The reason this show works so well is that the quality of judges is unmatched, and the format allows them to shine.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page