'The Voice' Season 2 on NBC HD - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 465 Old 01-05-2012, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 562
The sophmore season of what I consider to be the best singing competion on TV returns to NBC on February 5th, 2012 ..

http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 465 Old 01-05-2012, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 50
While I still think she is very HOT, I gotta say it.

Which will be bigger this time around, Christina's rack or her gut?
post #3 of 465 Old 01-05-2012, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

She was about perfect IMO last season .. but I think she has slimmed down some .. there is a 30 minute preview / last season recap where she looks a bit thinner ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #4 of 465 Old 01-05-2012, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Is Cee-Lo still in this? If so, I refuse to care any more than I already don't:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1178313.html
post #5 of 465 Old 01-05-2012, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwright84 View Post

Is Cee-Lo still in this? If so, I refuse to care any more than I already don't:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1178313.html

Yep, still in it ..

I don't think Lennon himself would have any problem with CeeLo's rendition ..

Uncle Willie

post #6 of 465 Old 01-05-2012, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Yep, still in it ..

I don't think Lennon himself would have any problem with CeeLo's rendition ..

I know, it's hilarious. All the poor offended people seem to forget what Lennon actually stood for. He would have embraced this.

Can't wait for the season to begin. Hopefully they've addressed all the weak points of season 1.
post #7 of 465 Old 01-06-2012, 06:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

I know, it's hilarious. All the poor offended people seem to forget what Lennon actually stood for. He would have embraced this.

Can't wait for the season to begin. Hopefully they've addressed all the weak points of season 1.

As long as it does not devolve into the charade called "X-Factor", I'll be happy ..

As I've said before, IMO, there is no better singing competion on the air, period .. 1st season warts and all .. and it's the mentors that make it that way .. their willingness to show real emotion, be real people ..

Uncle Willie

post #8 of 465 Old 01-06-2012, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Season 1's issues that I hope got addressed:

1) It felt kinda half-assed some of the time, like American Idol season 1.

2) It's not dramatic to constantly move the camera from the singer to their parents/wife/husband and back and forth over and over during the auditions. It's just distracting. Put the camera on the singer and leave the damn thing there unless it's to show a mentor reacting positively/negatively.

3) Needs to be on two nights a week

4)Do not drag out the battle-round weeks. They almost lost me there. Boring

5) The show was best when it was live. Don't fill the season with auditions and battles that are all clearly taped/staged/over-edited and then when it does go live cut 4 singers a night. That's just stupid. Give America a chance to actually feel something for these people

Stay integrated with iTunes and don't make the idiotic mistake that X Factor made by only submitting the 1.5 minute performances to iTunes. Who the hell wants to pay 99 cents for a 1.5 minute show performance? I can't believe all the stupid mistakes X Factor made, and Simon likes to tout himself as a genius. The way The Voice handled iTunes last season was brilliant. I hope that continues.
post #9 of 465 Old 01-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
NBC reveals advisors who will assist 'The Voice' musician coaches

Christina Aguilera will partner up with Lionel Richie and Jewel.

Adam Levine will team up with Alanis Morissette and Robin Thicke.

Blake Shelton will work with Miranda Lambert and Kelly Clarkson.

Cee Lo Green will be assisted by Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds and Ne-Yo.

The Voice -- will premiere on Sunday, February 5 at 10PM ET/PT following the Super Bowl and then begin airing in its regular Mondays 8PM ET/PT time period on February 6.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/n...ches-13016.php
post #10 of 465 Old 01-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:

Needs to be on two nights a week

First season of "The Voice" vs "X Factor USA":

The Voice: 11.51 million viewers, 4.5 rating (18-49) - 12 episodes
The X Factor: 10.93 million viewers, 3.6 rating (18-49) - 26 episodes

It's hard to believe that "X Factor" had more than double the episodes.
post #11 of 465 Old 01-06-2012, 09:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedrock View Post

First season of "The Voice" vs "X Factor USA":

The Voice: 11.51 million viewers, 4.5 rating (18-49) - 12 episodes
The X Factor: 10.93 million viewers, 3.6 rating (18-49) - 26 episodes

It's hard to believe that "X Factor" had more than double the episodes.

I also never would have guessed that The Voice would have beaten X Factor, but I'm glad it did. It's a better show.

Love Blake's "helpers". Kelly and Miranda are beautiful and talented.
post #12 of 465 Old 01-06-2012, 10:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 26
Robin Thicke- bah. Just a Marvin Gaye wannabe. I wonder who picks the "helpers"?

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #13 of 465 Old 01-07-2012, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedrock View Post

Christina Aguilera will partner up with Lionel Richie and Jewel.

I'd say that's a step up from last season.
post #14 of 465 Old 01-07-2012, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

I'd say that's a step up from last season.

I think the only person I recognized last season was Reba. I'd heard of Monica, but I couldnt point out a song of hers if I tried.
post #15 of 465 Old 01-09-2012, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Idol is premiering before The Voice, which I think is a big advantage as people tire of the format.

Is the post-Super Bowl slot a good idea? It will have big ratings, yes, but it will also be on much later than its regular 8pm Eastern slot. Might be a lot of people in the Eastern Time zone who won't see that premiere. How much of that post-Super Bowl audience will be around for the second episode the next day? It shouldn't matter for the West Coast audience, of course.
post #16 of 465 Old 01-09-2012, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarod M View Post

Idol is premiering before The Voice, which I think is a big advantage as people tire of the format.

What evidence do we have that people have tired of it? The Voice didnt better than expected and Idol did 20+ million last season. Rejecting X Factor was easy for many people since it was such a loud and unpleasant show.
post #17 of 465 Old 01-09-2012, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:

I think the pure number (of shows) water it down. Most aren't watching for great singing rather the reality aspect of winning. Does anyone really care about a half dozen different Miss USA winners in the same year? I certainly wouldn't tune into any of them for great singing... rather I'd turn on Diana Krall. I haven't added a Season Pass for Idol (yet) and I'm doubting I will... unless I can't find anything else to watch and even cutting the cord I'm pretty sure I'll find something.

I lost interest in The Voice so it's out too. I'm sure some will watch all or several of them although I can't see that happening all that long. At best they will find one and stick with it. However again with all of the watering down none will have the weight (interest) of the past.
post #18 of 465 Old 01-10-2012, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What evidence do we have that people have tired of it? The Voice didnt better than expected and Idol did 20+ million last season. Rejecting X Factor was easy for many people since it was such a loud and unpleasant show.

That is incredibly naive to say that people are not tired of it. Idol's ratings have fallen each season for the last several. The Voice began airing last year when the most recent season of Idol was winding down. How many people are going to prioritize both of these shows in their tv viewing each week?

The X Factor did not have IDOL type ratings beginning with the very first episode, before they had a chance to discover the "loud and unpleasant" aspect. Even if it wasn't "loud and unpleasant" ratings would hardly have grown to Idol proportions, especially with the frequent interruptions. The one advantage that X Factor has by airing in the fall is that it doesn't have to directly compete with another singing show.
post #19 of 465 Old 01-10-2012, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post

I think the pure number (of shows) water it down. Most aren't watching for great singing rather the reality aspect of winning. Does anyone really care about a half dozen different Miss USA winners in the same year? I certainly wouldn't tune into any of them for great singing... rather I'd turn on Diana Krall. I haven't added a Season Pass for Idol (yet) and I'm doubting I will... unless I can't find anything else to watch and even cutting the cord I'm pretty sure I'll find something.

I lost interest in The Voice so it's out too. I'm sure some will watch all or several of them although I can't see that happening all that long. At best they will find one and stick with it. However again with all of the watering down none will have the weight (interest) of the past.

No interest in watching Idol, as it won't even have the trainwreck aspect that made X Factor entertaining over the last few weeks. I'll give The Voice another chance, but my patience is running thin.
post #20 of 465 Old 01-10-2012, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That is incredibly naive to say that people are not tired of it. Idol's ratings have fallen each season for the last several. The Voice began airing last year when the most recent season of Idol was winding down. How many people are going to prioritize both of these shows in their tv viewing each week?

The X Factor did not have IDOL type ratings beginning with the very first episode, before they had a chance to discover the "loud and unpleasant" aspect. Even if it wasn't "loud and unpleasant" ratings would hardly have grown to Idol proportions, especially with the frequent interruptions. The one advantage that X Factor has by airing in the fall is that it doesn't have to directly compete with another singing show.

None of what you said is proof that America is sick of the format. Idol's numbers went up at the start of last season. If people didn't care for the format anymore they wouldnt have cared one bit about what the show looked like with Jennifer and Steven in and Simon out. And if they were burned out, they wouldnt have made The Voice a hit. If Idol and Voice are down significantly this season, I'll agree with you. X Factor not attracting viewers is because of when it aired. Idol's on at the best time of the year since being indoors is a more attractive proposition for the country than being outdoors.
post #21 of 465 Old 01-10-2012, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

None of what you said is proof that America is sick of the format. Idol's numbers went up at the start of last season. If people didn't care for the format anymore they wouldnt have cared one bit about what the show looked like with Jennifer and Steven in and Simon out. And if they were burned out, they wouldnt have made The Voice a hit. If Idol and Voice are down significantly this season, I'll agree with you. X Factor not attracting viewers is because of when it aired. Idol's on at the best time of the year since being indoors is a more attractive proposition for the country than being outdoors.

I said tired of the format. I'm not implying that these shows are facing imminent cancellation. The Voice might improve its ratings this year because I believe a lot of people did not watch the first season who might sample it this time around. It'll be tougher though with Idol on every week. Both shows should fall significantly after their debut weeks.
post #22 of 465 Old 01-10-2012, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Just seems like with lousy weather, no football, and no real competition on TV Idol can't help but do well. Will definitely be interesting to see if people make a choice between The Voice and Idol, or simply watch both since they're on different nights. But I think Voice eventually faces direct competition from Dancing With The Stars.
post #23 of 465 Old 01-10-2012, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

I have to say I don't really have any interest in AI these days .. and although all formats are similar, what I'm looking for is contestants that can sing and a panel that feels like it's real ..

X-Factor was as contrived as a show could be, IMO .. and I tried and tried to give it a chance .. if the producers want actors on the panel, then get some actors, because the lame attempts at tension, drama and reaction were just so bad on X-Factor it was unbearable to me .. I want to see some real emotion, not some half baked attempt at whatever ..

The Voice, on the other hand, at least IMO, had a great panel that just laid it all out every week .. and had some great singers as well ..

Seeing the previews for AI made me think they are rolling out Steven as the class buffoon this season, teasing with "What will he say next .. ? Will he be naughty or nice .. ??" .. which makes me believe Steven is being fed a stript .. or at the minimum, the off the wall comments we heard a few times last season are now not so spur of the moment ... come on Steve, you're better than that ..

Uncle Willie

post #24 of 465 Old 01-10-2012, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Haha, yeah but I can't help but love Steven. He's useless as a judge, but it's great seeing him get into a performance. They should encourage him to do that more often. Agreed about X Factor. Everything about that show turned out to be a train-wreck.

My biggest gripe with The Voice, and it hasn't changed this year, is that producers went out and found more failed singers/musicians that had chances before but are being given a 2nd, 3rd whatever shot on The Voice. I'd prefer it was more like Idol, but it doesn't bother me too much. The Voice's mentors/judges are pretty much why I tune in. And the format of the show is more compelling most of the time.
post #25 of 465 Old 01-11-2012, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Seeing the previews for AI made me think they are rolling out Steven as the class buffoon this season, teasing with "What will he say next .. ? Will he be naughty or nice .. ??" .. which makes me believe Steven is being fed a stript .. or at the minimum, the off the wall comments we heard a few times last season are now not so spur of the moment ... come on Steve, you're better than that ..

No he's not. Last season during the later weeks he was READING FROM NOTES. Obviously they were prepared beforehand. He did not handle the live tv situation well at all.
post #26 of 465 Old 01-12-2012, 05:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Looking forward to the return of this show.

Has anyone heard anything about the season 1 winner? Seems to of dropped off the planet.

post #27 of 465 Old 01-12-2012, 06:44 AM
AVS Special Member

He released his album in late November. Seems to be well-received on iTunes and Amazon, but based on sales rank alone it doesn't appear to have done much of anything.
post #28 of 465 Old 01-12-2012, 06:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Has anyone heard anything about the season 1 winner? Seems to of dropped off the planet.

This is a pretty good video available free on NBC ..

http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/video/t...-heard/1372718

Uncle Willie

post #29 of 465 Old 01-12-2012, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

http://www.amazon.com/Come-Through-Y...ag=dealnewscom

Uncle Willie

post #30 of 465 Old 01-12-2012, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

I don't know if ANYONE expected him to be a success as far as music sales. He already released two albums before The Voice. At 33 years old, he'll probably be lucky to sign a Vegas contract.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page