post #271 of 830 Old 01-17-2012, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by btinindy View Post

All the Niners have to do is get to Eli early in the game a few times and he will get happy feet like his Brother. Eli has no "chin" or mental toughness for that matter.

You clearly don't have a clue as to what your talking about. That statement doesn't hold any factual evidence at all. NONE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 830 Old 01-17-2012, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

I think Ravens would be the easier team to beat. Brady is coming in pretty dam strong. I can't stand the pats. So I wouldn't mind another match against them. I'd love to beat em. If we lost. I think I'd hate that more then losing to the Ravens.

True. Either way, we have to beat the 9ers first. They better focus on them.
post #273 of 830 Old 01-17-2012, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmichael2 View Post

True. Either way, we have to beat the 9ers first. They better focus on them.

I believe they have already beaten us once this year as well. Another rematch? As long as they don't get it all in there head. They should win no problem. Play like they have been playing. Don't suddenly go to crap like GB did.
post #274 of 830 Old 01-17-2012, 09:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

I believe they have already beaten us once this year as well. Another rematch? As long as they don't get it all in there head. They should win no problem. Play like they have been playing. Don't suddenly go to crap like GB did.

i'd like to have another HARBOWL. it would be fun to see brother against brother again. probably drive their parents nuts.
post #275 of 830 Old 01-17-2012, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rviele View Post

i'd like to have another HARBOWL. it would be fun to see brother against brother again. probably drive their parents nuts.

Hahaha. Very true.
post #276 of 830 Old 01-17-2012, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:

He made 1 nice play. Other then that he looked like a rookie the entire time. If they play anything like they did the saints. It would make it a dam easy win for us.

I'm a lifetime Jints fan but I think that the game is either teams to win or lose. The Niners barely beat the Giants but that was a much less capable version of the current Giants team. OTOH, the Niners have a primo defense that may stop the Giants' running game cold. It could come down to a turnover or a break in the 4th quarter. Alex Smith did play very well on Saturday but all of whoopla about the winning TD pass was based more on the situation than the pass itself. His best throw was the long pass to Vernon Davis down the sideline that set the winning play up. The ball was thrown perfectly and it represented a major advance for Alex in terms of his accuracy and mechanics, something that I suspect former QB Harbaugh has had an impact on. As far as the TD pass goes, it is really a throw that any good NFL QB with a upper tier tight end should make. It's a staple of many teams foremost among them the Patriots with those two beastly TEs. How many times have you seen a receiver run a quick slant to the post and get the ball right over the goal line? It 's very difficult to defend that if it's executed properly. It would be interesting to see if Alex could make the same throw that Eli did when he hit Manningham deep in the end zone on Sunday. He stood in the pocket and waited for his receiver to clear the second line of coverage before drilling the ball in perfectly. Alex may well be able to make that play but we just haven't seen it yet.
post #277 of 830 Old 01-17-2012, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 266
If the Saints had any defense at all we wouldn't be talking about the Niners. That last drive was abysmal (Alex Smith to Vernon Davis twice in the last minute? really Saints?) and I see that Gregg Williams, their DC, has already left for greener pastures.
post #278 of 830 Old 01-17-2012, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post

If the Saints had any defense at all we wouldn't be talking about the Niners. That last drive was abysmal (Alex Smith to Vernon Davis twice in the last minute? really Saints?) and I see that Gregg Williams, their DC, has already left for greener pastures.

And after the Saints' dismal coverage schemes in the 4th quarter on Saturday, Sean Payton should be glad that he's leaving.
post #279 of 830 Old 01-17-2012, 03:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:

That game against the saints was just sloppy and ugly. I don't think any giant's fan would worry about em.

Quote:

It should be a good game. Us Giant fans don't have to worry about the 9ers, but the Giants themselves better play their best game again. There are no easy teams left.

Quote:

And the giants are still going to win... Wind would be a factor or kicking. Which lucky us. Our kicker sucks azz anyway. We never win because of him.

Come Sunday. You'll see. The only people I think have a great chance or killing giants are PATS or RAVENS. 9ers aren't anything to worry about. IF they do manage to beat the giant's it would only give pats or ravens a sure win at the Super Bowl. Which my guess will be the pats. Even though I hate em.

Quote:

jukie and michael will be eating your words come sunday. i love the overconfidence. the niners are for real and they are no pushovers. both teams are extremely well coached. expect a close physical game that can go either way. giants have better offense, niners better defense and special teams. turnover advantage will probably decide the game.

neflixis our nemesis
post #280 of 830 Old 01-17-2012, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

turnover advantage will probably decide the game.

Don’t forget the abysmal officiating we’ve seen throughout the season. Even on replay they can’t get it right.

The Ravens should get their clock cleaned – they’re hanging by a thread.

The Texans QB reminded me of Rex Grossman. He threw into double and triple coverage on multiple occasions, and when that happens the outcome is usually not very good. If Schaub were in there I believe the outcome would have been different.

I’ll DVR the Gianst/49ers game. Tough game to call. The 49ers have been consistent all season; the Giants haven’t, but they are on a roll like they were a few years ago. All I know is my Skins were the last team to beat them.
post #281 of 830 Old 01-17-2012, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

jukie and michael will be eating your words come sunday. i love the overconfidence. the niners are for real and they are no pushovers. both teams are extremely well coached. expect a close physical game that can go either way. giants have better offense, niners better defense and special teams. turnover advantage will probably decide the game.

lol. Might want to edit your post now before Sunday. By then you'll realize just how wrong you were.
post #282 of 830 Old 01-17-2012, 03:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:

You clearly don't have a clue as to what your talking about. That statement doesn't hold any factual evidence at all. NONE.

Oh, now we are looking for "Factual evidence". Good comeback, especially in a thread titled like this one is.
post #283 of 830 Old 01-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Advanced Member

This is all BS in a vacuum, that is why they play the game. I have a bet with my neighbor and the loser gives up his team jersey for the other to burn in the street. Now that will be fun...or not fun.
post #284 of 830 Old 01-17-2012, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Oh, now we are looking for "Factual evidence". Good comeback, especially in a thread titled like this one is.

This threads names been changes at least 3x now. Either way. Your wrong.
post #285 of 830 Old 01-17-2012, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

lol. Might want to edit your post now before Sunday. By then you'll realize just how wrong you were.

or you will realize how wrong you are.

want to bet jerseys to burn in the street?

oops forgot, i don't have a niners jersey except my joe montan autographed one and that ain't going anywhere.

neflixis our nemesis
post #286 of 830 Old 01-17-2012, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

or you will realize how wrong you are.

want to bet jerseys to burn in the street?

oops forgot, i don't have a niners jersey except my joe montan autographed one and that ain't going anywhere.

Well. Mr confident. Might as well go big or go home. Clearly can't be to confident seeing as you see it as a risk to not bet lol.
post #287 of 830 Old 01-17-2012, 05:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

This threads names been changes at least 3x now. Either way. Your wrong.

Ohhhh. Another good one. Wow you are amazing at this trash talking.
post #288 of 830 Old 01-17-2012, 05:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Here is your superhero Eli in action

I remember how pathetic he looked over at the sideline and then proceeded to blame other players.

He whined about this about as much as he did when he got drafted and didn't want to play in San Diego. I think this video is the NFL Gods letting him know he is not bigger than the game.

And someone said ASmith looked like a rookie?
post #289 of 830 Old 01-17-2012, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 53
As I stated before in a previous thread. The team that DOES NOT turn the ball over wins the game. It depends on which Giants team shows up. I'm picking the 49ers as I have all year.
post #290 of 830 Old 01-17-2012, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Here is your superhero Eli in action

I remember how pathetic he looked over at the sideline and then proceeded to blame other players.

He whined about this about as much as he did when he got drafted and didn't want to play in San Diego. I think this video is the NFL Gods letting him know he is not bigger than the game.

And someone said ASmith looked like a rookie?

Keep crying and try to find whatever bs you can. Smith played like ass last game. If that's who we have to play. You'll lose. BADLY.

Man. I can tell you'll really be crying come Sunday. I'll ship you a box of tissues.
post #291 of 830 Old 01-17-2012, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ohhhh. Another good one. Wow you are amazing at this trash talking.

Nothing there was trash took noob. Threads title has been changed a few times.

Guess you can't just see the truth. Just like this next game.
post #292 of 830 Old 01-17-2012, 06:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well. Mr confident. Might as well go big or go home. Clearly can't be to confident seeing as you see it as a risk to not bet lol.

hell, i'd bet my kids before my montana jersey!

neflixis our nemesis
post #293 of 830 Old 01-17-2012, 06:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Nothing there was trash took noob. Threads title has been changed a few times.

Guess you can't just see the truth. Just like this next game.

I can tell this is really getting to you with all of the bad grammar and misspelling, so I will lay off. I was just having a little fun, I did not mean to get you so upset.
post #294 of 830 Old 01-17-2012, 08:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I can tell this is really getting to you with all of the bad grammar and misspelling, so I will lay off. I was just having a little fun, I did not mean to get you so upset.

lol. Trust me. It wasn't getting to me. Nothing wrong with a little bit of smack talk before a big game. That's what makes it so exciting! lol.

Most of my bad grammar and misspelling is because I'm typing on my phone. And it's a bitch to correct it so I just leave it.
post #295 of 830 Old 01-18-2012, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post

The 49ers have been consistent all season; the Giants haven't, but they are on a roll like they were a few years ago. All I know is my Skins were the last team to beat them.

The Giants defense was not healthy all season. Osi was out to start the season, then Tuck was out in the middle, then Boley was out. Their defense has been great since all three have been on the field along with Piere Paul. Offensively they've been fine all year in the passing game, but their running game has been spotty.
post #296 of 830 Old 01-18-2012, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Since you want to complain about officiating, the referees for the remaining playoff games have been announced at www.football-refs.com.

http://www.football-refs.com/nfl-ref...ffssuper-bowl/
post #297 of 830 Old 01-18-2012, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

Why would I be eating any words? I've been saying all along that the Giants better play their best game to win.
Oh, I see now. This is the trash talk thread. I forgot. My bad.
post #298 of 830 Old 01-18-2012, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Why would I be eating any words? I've been saying all along that the Giants better play their best game to win.
Oh, I see now. This is the trash talk thread. I forgot. My bad.

Hehehehe. But your right. We better bring it!
post #299 of 830 Old 01-18-2012, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by humdinger70 View Post

Since you want to complain about officiating, the referees for the remaining playoff games have been announced at www.football-refs.com.

http://www.football-refs.com/nfl-ref...ffssuper-bowl/

Ed Hochuli is doing the Giants/49ers game. He had a rough go early in the 2010 season but handled it with honesty and by and large is a very good ref. Anybody but Bill Leavy who should never be allowed to step onto an NFL playing field again.
post #300 of 830 Old 01-18-2012, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Whoever survives the NFC game on Sunday should hope that Baltimore knocks off New England. Bad defense or no, the Patriots are one very scary team right now and they are playing with vengeful intention epecially their ringleader Tom Brady. Whatever you think of Tim Tebow, the Denver defensive unit is not too shabby and Brady just decimated them. He's always played with a chip on his shoulder and that chip seems to be a lot bigger at the moment.
Closed Thread HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page