'American Idol' Season 11 on FOX HD - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 969 Old 04-12-2012, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 202
ha. I'm usually wrong about something once a month and it hasn't happened yet for April so...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 969 Old 04-12-2012, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Repeat after me: bye bye Hollie, Even the audience was absolutely quiet....

Bobby 

post #453 of 969 Old 04-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post

Repeat after me: bye bye Hollie, Even the audience was absolutely quiet....

I didn't think she was so bad, but the judges comments make me think she's on the chopping block next.
post #454 of 969 Old 04-12-2012, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post

I didn't think [Hollie] was so bad, but the judges comments make me think she's on the chopping block next.

Hollie has good enough technical chops, but she hasn't learned how to emote.

Being so young and seemingly having had a very sheltered life, I doubt she has any experiences to draw from for the emotions.

There's a lot of truth in the old stereotype that the best art comes from the worst experiences in life. And Hollie hasn't been there and done that yet.
post #455 of 969 Old 04-12-2012, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Omg!!!
post #456 of 969 Old 04-12-2012, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruelInventions View Post

ha. I'm usually wrong about something once a month and it hasn't happened yet for April so...

You were saying?

post #457 of 969 Old 04-12-2012, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Apparently America sees the same thing I see - Jessica is a major bore, and her voice isn't very appealing. Her save me song was painfully awful, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and let nerves be her excuse. Randy's claim that she's one of the best singers in America is a joke. One of the best was on that stage tonight though. Jennifer Hudson was great.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the results were a lie and they just did this for dramatic effect to use the save.
post #458 of 969 Old 04-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

I also wouldn't be surprised if the results were a lie and they just did this for dramatic effect to use the save.

Wow, there sure is a huge backlash on the internet for this being a staged set up. Bad acting from judges with terrible poker faces certainly didn't help sell it.
Quote:

The judges had a save in their back pocket that they HAVE to use either this week or next. There was a double elimination at Top 12 when Shannon Magrane was eliminated and Jermaine Jones DQ'd. Without a non-elimination week, Idol will have to shave a week off the schedule, and we know that can't happen.

post #459 of 969 Old 04-12-2012, 09:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedrock View Post

Wow, there sure is a huge backlash on the internet for this being a staged set up. Bad acting from judges with terrible poker faces certainly didn't help sell it.

I haven't watched the show yet, but the writeups indicate that Nigel told the judges about the result beforehand. Also it was leaked to TMZ before the show aired-Nigel had to be behind that leak, right?
post #460 of 969 Old 04-12-2012, 09:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Every time I watch this show, I realize why I quit watching it. The cheesy Disney like opening productions, to the lip sync performances. Its just really pathetic now, its not about finding an Idol, its about MONEY. Simon really was the only redeeming quality of the show, he was honest and told it like it was. At least I had respect for that, everything I watched tonight was a joke.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #461 of 969 Old 04-12-2012, 09:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

Every time I watch this show, I realize why I quit watching it. The cheesy Disney like opening productions, to the lip sync performances. Its just really pathetic now, its not about finding an Idol, its about MONEY. Simon really was the only redeeming quality of the show, he was honest and told it like it was. At least I had respect for that, everything I watched tonight was a joke.

Unfortunately the opening number wasnt lip-synched. It was the most off-key performance I think I've ever seen. Jessica was abysmal during it, which I point out because of the judges constantly calling her one of the best singers in the world. For someone that's the best, she sure does suck a lot.
post #462 of 969 Old 04-12-2012, 09:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Unfortunately the opening number wasnt lip-synched. It was the most off-key performance I think I've ever seen. Jessica was abysmal during it, which I point out because of the judges constantly calling her one of the best singers in the world. For someone that's the best, she sure does suck a lot.

The Hudson performance was lip synced, I turned off the opening performance after about 10 seconds. It was just so stupid to even watch.

post #463 of 969 Old 04-12-2012, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

The Hudson performance was lip synced, I turned off the opening performance after about 10 seconds. It was just so stupid to even watch.

The lead vocals were not. She was singing over a backing track, though, which isn't unusual at all.
post #464 of 969 Old 04-12-2012, 09:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The lead vocals were not. She was singing over a backing track, though, which isn't unusual at all.

Looked synced to me. Never the less, the judges just rushed the stage for the save, hahahahahaha, yeah so staged. Not saying they were wrong to save her though.

post #465 of 969 Old 04-12-2012, 10:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Just watched it-that was really embarrassing. The phony theatrics reek of desperation. The show has sunk to a new low, the week after it sunk to a new ratings low.
post #466 of 969 Old 04-12-2012, 10:16 PM
AVS Special Member

By the way, Randy, you have seen this before. Fantasia, LaToya London, and Jennifer Hudson were in the bottom 3.
post #467 of 969 Old 04-12-2012, 10:18 PM
AVS Special Member

It's funny that Steven gave it away 15 minutes before it even happened.

"We're going to save whoever it is."
post #468 of 969 Old 04-12-2012, 10:19 PM
AVS Special Member

I can see the ending already, the once at the end of her rope Jessica, fights back and wins the title. The crowd goes wild.

post #469 of 969 Old 04-12-2012, 10:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It's funny that Steven gave it away 15 minutes before it even happened.

"We're going to save whoever it is."

I bet they wouldn't of saved the blond chick.

post #470 of 969 Old 04-12-2012, 11:10 PM
AVS Special Member

You can say that Jessica needs more seasoning. But anyone who thinks that Jessica is not the best technical singer on this show, you have no clue about singing.
post #471 of 969 Old 04-12-2012, 11:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy View Post

You can say that Jessica needs more seasoning. But anyone who thinks that Jessica is not the best technical singer on this show, you have no clue about singing.

Who the heck wants a technical singer that can't emote or display a semblance of a personality? And for the record, Elise is as technical a singer as you get, AND she has a personality. I listened to Jessica tonight on the medley. She was awful. Is singing off-key technical? I listened to her sing Kelly Clarkson last night. Again, she was amazingly awful. I listened to her singing her save-me song tonight and it was terrible. Fortunately Jennifer cut her off, but then they made her sing it again...and it was just as dreadful.

Here's how you sing that song.
post #472 of 969 Old 04-12-2012, 11:34 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I don't usually like Jessica but her song this week was pretty awesome (the Stuttering song). She does always sound bad in the group songs though. And her save me song was terrible. This week was the only week I actually enjoyed her.

Jennifer Hudson was annoying to me, like usual, but I did like Ne-Yo. She just sounds LOUD. Too loud. Why is she screaming at me?

James Durbin's song actually wasn't bad. A lot of times when former contestants come back with their original songs it's awful. I figured he would be bad but I actually enjoyed it.

I just listened to Deborah Cox singing that song. Wow, much better. Jessica's horrible vibrato just butchers it.

Colton's falsetto was not good. Just gonna staaaaaand there and waaaaaaatch me cry. OMG enough.

If you've heard one Phil Phillip Phillips song you've heard them all. Not sure who likes him and why.

I think Elise's voice is just cool.
post #473 of 969 Old 04-13-2012, 05:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:

Apparently America sees the same thing I see - Jessica is a major bore, and her voice isn't very appealing. Her save me song was painfully awful, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and let nerves be her excuse. .

Agreed. It was so staged and Randy saying on stage shes is the best and vote for her, umm Randy what about the other contestants standing there. A bit unprofessional. and Randy saying this is the first time its happened in the 11 seasons, etc, etc. Umm no Randy this has happened before with the resulting Ryan asking a contestant to pick which groups is safe, leading to the same result.

"Although Jessica has a great voice (reminds me a lil of whittney Huston). She lacks personality. America wants to feel connected to the singer, she seems , conceited, deserving, withdrawn. The others support each other but she stands there like it"s in the bag. It's a turn off to someone watching her, she makes it difficult to cheer for her. She is sooo stoic she doesn't need Americas support."

Saw this comment elsewhere and totally agree. Hopefully the voters are pissed at the whole staged nature of what happened and place her in the bottom again.

Yes Holly wasn't the best, but this whole mess just left a bad taste in my mouth.
post #474 of 969 Old 04-13-2012, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 259
Everyone saying it happened before, no it really hasn't. Randy was referring to a singer of this quality being the one to be eliminatd. Randy thinks she is the best singer in America (according to him) the other seasons never had someone they thought that highly of being the one that would of been eliminated without the save.

I found J-Lo's comment disturbing, she whispered/said to Ryan that she was going to go sit down because she hates being on the stage. Really? Someone who performs on the stage all the time, someone who wears a dress so revealing it makes headlines, someone who dresses like that, and you are uncomfortable on stage? Really weird comment.

I thought James Durbins new song was OK, I loved the beat/music more then his singing.

Opening number sucked. So did Hudson's. Boring night overall.

post #475 of 969 Old 04-13-2012, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked: 707
Quote:

yep .. there are High School productions that would beat that by a long margin ..

I don't know how much more of this I can stand ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #476 of 969 Old 04-13-2012, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Everyone saying it happened before, no it really hasn't. Randy was referring to a singer of this quality being the one to be eliminatd. Randy thinks she is the best singer in America (according to him) the other seasons never had someone they thought that highly of being the one that would of been eliminated without the save.

How many seasons have you been watching this show? Do you really take Randy at his word at this point? He says the same BS every year, trying to be a hype machine for the show because he has very little insight. Once he lost the "dog pound," he had nothing else to talk about. Every year it's "the best group of contestants he's ever seen." And his comments last night were very similar to the Pia week last year. Pia was a much better "technical" singer than Jessica, though I'm sure Randy has already forgotten who she is.

The save didn't exist until season 8. Another example of a better singer than Jessica who was eliminated too early (top 9) was Mandisa, who actually has a decent professional career six years later.

By the way, did Randy actually say Jessica was the "best singer in America?" I heard him say Jessica was "one of the best singers in America." That is quite a difference.
post #477 of 969 Old 04-13-2012, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks to those group sings/duets, we have heard many examples where Jessica was not a very good technical singer. Not that "the best technical singer" description means anything on this show. To me it doesn't mean "best singer." Not even close.
post #478 of 969 Old 04-13-2012, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

There is no one who even comes close to her range, and no one else has the variety of timbre in their voice. If you have studied singing or have ever gotten singing lessons, you know that girl is the best singer here.

I love Elise and she has to most unique sound here and due to her age and experience, she uses her instrument better than anyone out there. But that does not mean that she is a better singer than Jessica.
post #479 of 969 Old 04-13-2012, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked: 707
Quote:

There is no one who even comes close to her range, and no one else has the variety of timbre in their voice. If you have studied singing or have ever gotten singing lessons, you know that girl is the best singer here.

Personal opinion .. that's like saying "This is the best speaker / best amp .. etc .. so she moves you .. not everyone is going to feel the same way .. you can defend your position forever, but you cannot make a statement like this and expect all to agree .. it's just not the nature of the beast ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #480 of 969 Old 04-13-2012, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

What's the point of being technical or having a great range if when you sing, you suck? Seriously, listen to her on any of the collaborations she's done. She's terrible. Idol has had tons of terrible singers in its history, so no biggie, but it becomes a big deal when that idiot Randy attempts to shame America for not voting for "one of the best voices in America". As if voice alone equals talent.
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page