Originally Posted by Charles R
Perhaps, it will stop people from posting nonstop about their ratings dropping.
So, you don't think this is a story worth reporting?
1. It was down 27% from last season's Thursday premiere.
2. Worse, it was down 20% from Wednesday night. So, no comeback due to people forgetting to watch it on Wednesday night.
3. It was beaten, or at best tied by The Big Bang Theory. And the ratings are only going to get worse, probably much worse after the auditions and with The Voice debuting soon. The story will continue.
3. Remember last year, and all of those people give credit to Jennifer and Lopez and Steven Tyler for the alleged gains/non-drop in ratings? Remember Simon Who? What are those people saying now?
4. What about those people who thought that having three (actually four including America's Got Talent) singing shows on tv wouldn't affect the ratings much?
5. How much is the ratings fall due to last year's Nashville Star? I doubt that I'm the only one who was turned off by move which allowed country music to dominate the show.
6. How many people were turned off by the incompetent judging, including the Pia fiasco where J-Lo and Randy Jackson had the gall to blame the audience for what happened, even though they were the ones who used the save on that girl with weak voice whose name is long forgotten?
7. How much are Fox and/or Simon Fuller regretting the raises that were given to J-Lo and Steven Tyler for this season? Huge raises for a huge drop in the ratings?