'American Idol' Season 11 on FOX HD - Page 33 - AVS Forum
First ... 31  32  33
HDTV Programming > 'American Idol' Season 11 on FOX HD
mgkdragn's Avatar mgkdragn 09:16 AM 09-19-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

Not sure why judges complain about doing the live shows. On The Voice that equates to two shows a week for about a month. The auditions and battlerounds are all filmed in the span of a day or two.

I'd guess the mentoring aspect, a touring schedule that requires both a rehersal phase as well as the traveling phase, they both mentioned working on their next albums, CeeLo has several other projects in the works, Xtinas got a young child .. and maybe they just want to get away from the show for a while ..

As we've mentioned before, CeeLo seems out of it some this season .. although I think he's got the best team going so far ..

I'm just guessing ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Jarod M's Avatar Jarod M 09:20 AM 09-19-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

I firmly believe the producers are not intentionally changing the panel .. the switch to a 2 season per year format prompted Xtina and CeeLo to initiate their own break and both have gone on record as coming back to the show .. Blake has flirted with the same ..
It's funny that the artists are more worried about being overexposed than the show's producers. So why not a 3rd The Voice during the summer? Better take advantage of the popularity of the show while they can!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/x-factor-american-idol-voice-mariah-carey-371466

More stupid analysis. I find it hard to believe that this season's X Factor ratings would be any different with or without Spears on the judging panel. Millions of dollars wasted.
mgkdragn's Avatar mgkdragn 07:15 AM 09-20-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarod M View Post

It's funny that the artists are more worried about being overexposed than the show's producers. So why not a 3rd The Voice during the summer? Better take advantage of the popularity of the show while they can!
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/x-factor-american-idol-voice-mariah-carey-371466
More stupid analysis. I find it hard to believe that this season's X Factor ratings would be any different with or without Spears on the judging panel. Millions of dollars wasted.

I don't think the hiatus has anything to do with overexposure .. and if the producers can sell commercial time, they'd run a show all year ..
barth2k's Avatar barth2k 11:13 AM 09-20-2012
I rather enjoy watching the 0.001% getting screwed by the 0.01%, so all you semi-has-beens of dubious talents, go get yours!
skyehill's Avatar skyehill 09:45 PM 10-02-2012
Nicki Minaj caught on video freaking out on Mariah during an audition taping session. X Factor and this mess only serve to make me appreciate The Voice. What the hell has happened to Idol?

squeakybirnbaum's Avatar squeakybirnbaum 10:56 PM 10-02-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

Nicki Minaj caught on video freaking out on Mariah during an audition taping session. X Factor and this mess only serve to make me appreciate The Voice. What the hell has happened to Idol?
I guess on the plus side that appeared to be real drama, as opposed to that crap on the X-Factor. But I'm sure they won't play that on the show. I wasn't a huge fan of The Voice because I think all 3 judges pick horrible people but the x-factor and ai are so bad now it looks pretty good.
Jarod M's Avatar Jarod M 08:37 AM 10-03-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeakybirnbaum View Post

I guess on the plus side that appeared to be real drama, as opposed to that crap on the X-Factor. But I'm sure they won't play that on the show. I wasn't a huge fan of The Voice because I think all 3 judges pick horrible people but the x-factor and ai are so bad now it looks pretty good.
If it was all that real she would have stormed off instead of remaining in her seat. This reeks of more forced drama from Nigel-you know, the guy who hires these people, and who I think is in the video with the back of his head to the conveniently placed camera. Why do you think TMZ had video of this "fight?" Because Nigel released it to them, just like the other "exclusives" Nigel has given to TMZ to try to draw attention to a desperate show.
skyehill's Avatar skyehill 01:04 PM 10-03-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarod M View Post

If it was all that real she would have stormed off instead of remaining in her seat. This reeks of more forced drama from Nigel-you know, the guy who hires these people, and who I think is in the video with the back of his head to the conveniently placed camera. Why do you think TMZ had video of this "fight?" Because Nigel released it to them, just like the other "exclusives" Nigel has given to TMZ to try to draw attention to a desperate show.

That's definitely Nigel. And yes, it's definitely Nigel's warped way of producing a show. So fake.
jandron's Avatar jandron 02:19 PM 10-03-2012
I think I'm done with Idol, and I say that as a faithful watcher since season two. I don't like watching train wrecks, and this has all the makings of one.
First ... 31  32  33

Up
Mobile  Desktop