"Inside Comedy" on SHOHD 11PM Thursdays - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-01-2012, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Just in case you didn't know about this show, it's terrific. Heads up.

David Steinberg interviews comedians about their careers, in a very informal intimate personal environment. First episode was Don Rickles and Jerry Seinfeld. It was HILARIOUS!

Catch the last repeats tonight, or on SHO ON Demand.

But give it a shot.

Thursday nights at 11PM Eastern.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-12-2012, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Based on the fact that there have been no replies at all on this thread, I'm guessing nobody is watching.

YOUR LOSS!!!

This has been absolutely the most hilarious thing on TV in years. David Steinberg's interviewed the true geniuses of comedy, and I haven't stopped laughing.

Last week's show with Carl Reiner and Mel Brooks had some archival footage from the old live Sid Caeser shows. There was one scene where Carl Reiner does a takeoff on the old Ralph Edwards "This Is Your Life" show, where he came into the audience and picked a completely unsuspecting soul, whom they had secretly worked up an entire show researching.

Anyway, this time Carl Reiner played Ralph Edwards, the show was "This Is Your Story", and the unsuspecting soul was Sid Caeser... who once he realized that HE was the subject for the night freaked out and tried to get out of the theater. The ushers and production crew wouldn't let him, and they eventually all just lifted him up like an unwilling sack of beans and dragged him down the aisle kicking and screaming, and up to the stage. Absolute gold physical comedy. No words. All pantomime.

I WAS CRYING, I was laughing so hard. Absolutely screaming with laughter. Later I even tried to find some DVD's of this stuff to buy (but I don't think that particular footage is available), but struck out.

Anyway, if you haven't been watching this series, it's really been brilliant. Catch the Reiner/Brooks reruns this week. Incidentally, along with David Steinberg the other producer is Steve Carell. And Vance Degeneres is a co-producer.

This stuff is gold. You've missed Larry David, Jerry Seinfeld and Don Rickles, Billy Crystal and Martin Short and Brad Garrett, Steve Carell and Jane Lynch, Sarah Silverman and Gary Shandling, and in my opinion the one "dud" with Chris Rock.

And tune in, before it's over. For sure watch the Reiner/Brooks rerun episode from this week, before Thursday's new episode.

This Thursday is Ellen Degeneres and Tim Conway... which is episode #8 and might be the last for this season, if I read the SHO schedule correctly.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-12-2012, 09:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
10 episodes. 3/22 is Kathy Griffin and Steven Wright, and 3/29 is Robin Williams and Jonathan Winters. Quite the high note to end on.
post #4 of 4 Old 03-13-2012, 12:08 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The one with Chris Rock was good.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page