Smash on NBC HDTV - Page 14 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #391 of 397 Old 05-28-2013, 10:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
One of the best series ending shows I have seen. Especially the finale. Very clever
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 397 Old 05-29-2013, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Whitford View Post

One of the best series ending shows I have seen. Especially the finale. Very clever

Methinks you're in the minority on this.
post #393 of 397 Old 05-29-2013, 09:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

The young dancing girls in Bunheads were talented but there was too little of them dancing, way to much of them reciting lines of soapy dialog, and almost none of Sutton Foster doing what she does best, singing and dancing. Bottom line, Sutton Foster, one of the great musical theater talents of our day, was wasted, wasted, wasted.
We depart company on this one. I really like Bunheads and was pleased that it has been renewed. You gotta admit that the rapid fire exchanges between Foster and the great Kelly Bishop were just too funny.
post #394 of 397 Old 05-30-2013, 06:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981 View Post

We depart company on this one. I really like Bunheads and was pleased that it has been renewed. You gotta admit that the rapid fire exchanges between Foster and the great Kelly Bishop were just too funny.

Bunheads was renewed? Holy cow! I would have bet the house that would never happen. As noted in an earlier post, my problem with the show was that Sutton Foster, probably the premiere Triple Threat (singing, dancing, and acting) musical theater actress of the age, was utterly wasted in a show that was nothing but fluffy, ABC Family sitcom, silliness.
post #395 of 397 Old 05-30-2013, 07:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I poked around on Google yesterday, and just checked now, and I can see no indication that Bunheads has been either renewed or cancelled. One article mentioned in passing they were glad there was a season two, but season two was just the second half of season one.

CW Hinkle
post #396 of 397 Old 05-30-2013, 08:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaded Dogfood View Post

I poked around on Google yesterday, and just checked now, and I can see no indication that Bunheads has been either renewed or cancelled. One article mentioned in passing they were glad there was a season two, but season two was just the second half of season one.

It occurs to me that I may have been too harsh in my assessment of Bunheads. I dropped the show in frustration because the awesome musical talents of Sutton Foster were largely wasted. That said, Foster is a fine comedic actress, as is the actress who played her mother in law on the show. The bottom line for me was that the only reason I decided to watch the show was to enjoy Foster's singing and dancing. When I realized there would be hardly any of that the show became just one more teenage angst sitcom, a genre that doesn't appeal to me, and I cancelled my season pass. By the way, my daughter, another Sutton Foster fan, did the same thing for the same reasons.
post #397 of 397 Old 05-30-2013, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaded Dogfood View Post

Well, that puts Bunheads further along than most of the dogs that ABC Network puts on. Some of them don't make it past the second commercial break tongue.gif
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page