Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 53 Old 04-08-2012, 01:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Surprise.

Given how many times Carradine said "Paul's a traitor" and Paul not shooting at his pursuers I expect he won't be, so I'm more in favor of Paul being a good guy who is deep deep undercover.

Part of me is also expecting the mansion holding the son to be a safe house that Paul operates while he tracks down the real bad guys deep within the CIA.

Long shot soapy twist would be that the young girl is Paul's daughter from another cover identity long ago. That would be be quite funny considering how she tried to fake seduce Michael a few episodes back.

The Richard Castle shout out was the best part of the episode for me although Bean surviving an onscreen death was probably a career highlight for him.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 53 Old 04-08-2012, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Surprise.

Given how many times Carradine said "Paul's a traitor" and Paul not shooting at his pursuers I expect he won't be, so I'm more in favor of Paul being a good guy who is deep deep undercover.

Part of me is also expecting the mansion holding the son to be a safe house that Paul operates while he tracks down the real bad guys deep within the CIA.

Long shot soapy twist would be that the young girl is Paul's daughter from another cover identity long ago. That would be be quite funny considering how she tried to fake seduce Michael a few episodes back.

The Richard Castle shout out was the best part of the episode for me although Bean surviving an onscreen death was probably a career highlight for him.

Well....you were right about Bean being alive, but it will really be a stretch if he's "deep, deep undercover." If this turns out to be the case, then he deserves all the awards the CIA can manufacture for being willing to leave the wife and son that he loved. That is what I call commitment with a capital "C!" (Of course he could be, as you intimated earlier, miffed at his wife after finding out about her affair in Italy, but that wouldn't negate the feelings he had for his son.)

I did NOT enjoy the last episode nearly as much as the previous two. It lacked action (with the exception of the 10,000 yard dash between Judd and Bean) and the chemistry between Carradine and Judd is terrible, especially considering their past where he was the father figure she never had.

Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD....Pioneer Elite BDP-05....Onkyo TX-NR717

Cambridge Soundworks MC305 Fronts & Center...Cambridge Soundworks Ambiance Surrounds....SVS PC12-NSD
post #33 of 53 Old 04-08-2012, 03:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djoberg View Post

Well....you were right about Bean being alive, but it will really be a stretch if he's "deep, deep undercover." If this turns out to be the case, then he deserves all the awards the CIA can manufacture for being willing to leave the wife and son that he loved.

But if he did it to save his family then it would work. Same reason he could have for taking his own son. Keep him isolated so the real bad guys can't use him as leverage. There'll be no awards if the bad guys are the mysterious 7th floor CIA management, as is usually the case. The fact they want to keep the investigation running as soon as Paul reappeared would lead me to believe he faked his death to get away from them.

The show seem to be tryin to force everything into a twist to the point where the more insistent the show is about elments of the plot the more likely I am to believe the reverse is true.

The moment Rebecca said she was an orphan my mind also went to the old spy cliche of the parents being covert agents too, so that can be another surprise twist. Not many episodes left to play out that angle really though. I'm just glad they didn't drag out the fact Paul wasnt dead to a finale moment.

post #34 of 53 Old 04-08-2012, 06:27 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypb View Post

Couldn't believe that Bean would be killed off so quickly if he was in the credits

The credits is not a good judge of character.

It all depends on the show and the actor's contract. For example, in The Secret Circle the grandma is only in the main credits when she appears on screen, even being bumped down a slot in the second half of the season. In One Tree Hill, James Lafferty is only listed in the episodes that he appears in and has top billing when he does. But. Paul Johansson's is listed throughout the season, even though he died before the end of the series.

But, Bean is constantly in the series via flashbacks, which would keep his name in the main credits.

That said, you knew something was up with Henry's wife in Ringer, because she was only listed as a guest star.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #35 of 53 Old 04-08-2012, 06:36 PM
AVS Club Gold

Something tells me that there is lots of money involved.

"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #36 of 53 Old 04-09-2012, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Surprise.

If the son is in a safe house, then why did they have that brief scene with the guy who told the snipers that if the boy tries to escape again, they should take out a knee? I thought that was deliberately shown to prove to us that he IS in mortal danger.

Any thoughts on the girl and the syringe? Is she a diabetic, or a drug addict?

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #37 of 53 Old 04-09-2012, 01:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post

If the son is in a safe house, then why did they have that brief scene with the guy who told the snipers that if the boy tries to escape again, they should take out a knee? I thought that was deliberately shown to prove to us that he IS in mortal danger.

This past episode the son realized that he's not in any physical danger, so it might all be pretense just to keep him there without betraying the fact his father is still alive, who for plot purposes can only do his thing if the bad guys think he is still dead.

Did they reveal that the girl was never beaten? I expect that was all faked too.

post #38 of 53 Old 04-09-2012, 03:46 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Diabetic.

Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #39 of 53 Old 04-11-2012, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by djoberg View Post

the chemistry between Carradine and Judd is terrible, especially considering their past where he was the father figure she never had.

I thought that went rather well. She has been completely blocking him out for a decade. She definitely warmed up after her husband reappeared. Seemed reasonable.

Here's my current line of thought:
Paul disappears to protect his family from...whatever. The bad guys have been watching Rebecca for the entire time, as we know, but they never did anything. So, they seem to be after him specifically. Then he starts showing up at his son's events, and they finally noticed for sure that he is still alive. And escalated back to whatever was going on a decade ago, by kidnapping Michael.

Paul's been under cover for himself, not the CIA. (maybe I've just seen this meme too often, though)

Quote:

Well, a knee isn't exactly mortal danger.

Diabetic. Doubt they'd supply the illegal stuff for a long time.
post #40 of 53 Old 04-11-2012, 09:46 PM
AVS Club Gold

According to Ashley Judd on tonight's Jimmy Kimmel LIve, there are no green screens used.

Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #41 of 53 Old 05-18-2012, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Surprised to see that there've been no posts on this thread in over a month. I finally got around to watching all the episodes on my DVR and watched the finale.

Poor Becca. I rolled my eyes as soon as I saw that "one week later" they were still in Prague......so much for finding out what syndicate/criminal group/government agency took her!

post #42 of 53 Old 05-18-2012, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 50
After they got Michael back and killed Martin, I figured this was just planned on being a one and done season. Now it's obvious they want to keep this going, but I'm not gonna waste my time.

It was okay for what it was, but I'm not gonna watch another season of this again.
post #43 of 53 Old 05-18-2012, 09:02 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
You won't have to worry about it - Missing was cancelled.
post #44 of 53 Old 05-18-2012, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

After they got Michael back and killed Martin, I figured this was just planned on being a one and done season. Now it's obvious they want to keep this going, but I'm not gonna waste my time.

It was okay for what it was, but I'm not gonna watch another season of this again.

It was canceled anyway so you don't have a THING to worry about!
post #45 of 53 Old 05-18-2012, 09:05 AM

Liked: 10
ABC should have had 2 endings for the show..one assuming the show was to continue and the other if the show was cancelled. There was no conclusion but only that Becca is now missing. Season was a waste of time since there was no conclusion.
post #46 of 53 Old 05-18-2012, 09:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I liked the show, it was beautifully shot in Europe, and Becca did get her kid, and Husband back. I still don't understand that "time lapse".
Pretty aggressive torture scene last night, btw, who is the hot, dark hair CIA "traiter"....
post #47 of 53 Old 05-18-2012, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 100
I liked the show too because the European settings and flare. Not your usual contrived American TV.
post #48 of 53 Old 05-19-2012, 10:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 102
They spent all that additional $$ on shooting over there for a very short series. What a waste.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #49 of 53 Old 05-20-2012, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Although the European shots were gorgeous, I wonder how much was actually shot there. Of course, the long shots showing architecture were real, but could have been canned, or at least were shot by a local 2nd unit. Some of the longer shots showing the actors appear to have been real. However, all of the interiors and most of the medium shots were done in a studio or w/ green screen backdrops.

Doug
post #50 of 53 Old 05-20-2012, 10:20 AM

Liked: 16
Gonna miss the show,seems like what few I look forward to watching get canned

JERRY
post #51 of 53 Old 05-20-2012, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Really liked the show. The ending seemed to be odd. Where did she go?

Philip
post #52 of 53 Old 05-20-2012, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I really enjoyed this show. The pacing and highly entertaining, tho' mostly foreseeable twists made it run like a Robert Ludlum novel. Instead of Jason Bourne we got Rebecca with similar abilities.

A fair amount of my enjoyment lay in the fact we just visited Prague and Vienna last fall and the scenes there brought back fond recollections. Hate to see the show go away if for just its travelogue aspect.

That torture scene, especially 'Becca's description of what she would do, surprised me for the 8 o'clock slot. That was pretty intense.
post #53 of 53 Old 05-22-2012, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgefamus View Post

That torture scene, especially 'Becca's description of what she would do, surprised me for the 8 o'clock slot. That was pretty intense.

Guess "enhanced" methods work. Who knew?

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page