"Veep" on HBO HD - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 156 Old 04-15-2013, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Garrett Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Stockton, CA USA
Posts: 1,602
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 75

Last night was golden. I would not be surprised to find VEEP to have the greatest number of funny lines per minute compared to the competition.

Garrett Adams is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 156 Old 04-21-2013, 07:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Young C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,892
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Tonight was golden as well biggrin.gif

All those nasty retorts are good stuff.
Young C is offline  
post #93 of 156 Old 04-21-2013, 09:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 1,947
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 120
"Daughter boarding" and "eyebrow crabs" made me spit liquid.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
daryl zero is online now  
post #94 of 156 Old 04-22-2013, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
fjames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Birthday crabs eek.gif The lines come so fast and furious with this show, I can barely keep up. This might become the only American show I have to use subtitles with.

Eve: I thought I was through getting involved with men who were trouble. Falling in love on a look. I can't look at you.

Mickey: You have perfection about you. Your eyes have music. Your heart's the best part of your body. And when you move, every man, woman and child is forced to watch.
fjames is offline  
post #95 of 156 Old 04-22-2013, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Young C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,892
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjames View Post

Birthday crabs eek.gifThe lines come so fast and furious with this show, I can barely keep up. This might become the only American show I have to use subtitles with.

You know, that's actually a good idea. I briefly thought that last night, glad to see somebody agrees.

I would like to see some .gifs from last night's episode.

From the season premier,
Young C is offline  
post #96 of 156 Old 04-22-2013, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 1,947
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjames View Post

Birthday crabs eek.gif The lines come so fast and furious with this show, I can barely keep up. This might become the only American show I have to use subtitles with.

I have to use subtitles for Happy Endings.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
daryl zero is online now  
post #97 of 156 Old 04-22-2013, 02:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 14,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjames View Post

Birthday crabs eek.gif The lines come so fast and furious with this show, I can barely keep up. This might become the only American show I have to use subtitles with.

I'm not ashamed to admit that when watching dialog rich shows, especially those in which the lines come at me fast and furiously, I customarily use subtitles. Veep is one of the shows that I usually watch with subtitles.
gwsat is offline  
post #98 of 156 Old 04-22-2013, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
fjames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I feel better now smile.gif Be nice to have an auto setting for this, be fun to see the stats, which shows were most likely to need them.

Eve: I thought I was through getting involved with men who were trouble. Falling in love on a look. I can't look at you.

Mickey: You have perfection about you. Your eyes have music. Your heart's the best part of your body. And when you move, every man, woman and child is forced to watch.
fjames is offline  
post #99 of 156 Old 04-28-2013, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Young C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,892
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Can't wait for tonight. Wouldn't mind having a single beer to enjoy for the show. Beer is bad for my stomach though rolleyes.gif ha
Young C is offline  
post #100 of 156 Old 04-29-2013, 05:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Young C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,892
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Awesome episode last night. The cast are such dorks! tongue.gif
Young C is offline  
post #101 of 156 Old 05-02-2013, 05:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Young C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,892
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Taken from the HOTP thread at the top of the "HDTV Programming" forum page biggrin.gif

TV Notes
'Veep' renewed for season 3
By James Hibberd, EW.com's 'Inside TV' Blog - May 1, 2013

HBO’s other Sunday night original series just got renewed.

And no, we’re not talking about the Game of Thrones repeat either, this is an entirely different program — Veep, which tends to get overlooked among all the hubbub stirred up by the network’s fantasy hit.

The political workplace comedy starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus will get a third round next year. The most recent episode of the show delivered 1.3 million viewers at 10:00 p.m. on Sunday, it’s largest audience of the season (probably didn’t hurt that the Veep‘s lead-in delivered a series high too, and you can probably guess which show we’re referring to).

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/01/veep-renewed-for-season-3/
Young C is offline  
post #102 of 156 Old 05-02-2013, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dougotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 2,274
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Taken from the HOTP thread at the top of the "HDTV Programming" forum page biggrin.gif

TV Notes
'Veep' renewed for season 3
By James Hibberd, EW.com's 'Inside TV' Blog - May 1, 2013

HBO’s other Sunday night original series just got renewed.

And no, we’re not talking about the Game of Thrones repeat either, this is an entirely different program — Veep, which tends to get overlooked among all the hubbub stirred up by the network’s fantasy hit.

The political workplace comedy starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus will get a third round next year. The most recent episode of the show delivered 1.3 million viewers at 10:00 p.m. on Sunday, it’s largest audience of the season (probably didn’t hurt that the Veep‘s lead-in delivered a series high too, and you can probably guess which show we’re referring to).

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/01/veep-renewed-for-season-3/

That's good news.

Nitpick: Even a professional magazine's blog can't afford someone to check the writer's grammar ("it's")?
dougotte is offline  
post #103 of 156 Old 05-02-2013, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
fjames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I'm glad they didn't procrasterbate about it.

Eve: I thought I was through getting involved with men who were trouble. Falling in love on a look. I can't look at you.

Mickey: You have perfection about you. Your eyes have music. Your heart's the best part of your body. And when you move, every man, woman and child is forced to watch.
fjames is offline  
post #104 of 156 Old 05-02-2013, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Young C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,892
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Young C is offline  
post #105 of 156 Old 05-05-2013, 07:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Young C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,892
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Good episode.
Young C is offline  
post #106 of 156 Old 05-06-2013, 03:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 1,947
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 120
The Selina memes were great.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
daryl zero is online now  
post #107 of 156 Old 05-06-2013, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
MSmith83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 54
This season is shaping up to be better than the first. Each episode flows smoothly and the 30 minutes is over before you know it.

I wonder if Mike will try to persuade Kent into buying his debt trap of a boat. biggrin.gif
MSmith83 is offline  
post #108 of 156 Old 05-06-2013, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Young C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,892
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83 View Post

This season is shaping up to be better than the first. Each episode flows smoothly and the 30 minutes is over before you know it.

I wonder if Mike will try to persuade Kent into buying his debt trap of a boat. biggrin.gif

I laughed, I did not think of that. Funny how Dan chimed in and spoke bout power boating. Kent gave him a blank stare and walked away eek.gif
Young C is offline  
post #109 of 156 Old 05-07-2013, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
flint350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Baltimore, Md.
Posts: 2,164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27

This season is a lot sharper in writing and a bit less broad.  I like it even better now.  Gotta watch those "meme-m'ams" though.


Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
flint350 is offline  
post #110 of 156 Old 05-13-2013, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Young C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,892
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Hilarious episode last night. Veep is my favorite in-season show right now.
Young C is offline  
post #111 of 156 Old 05-13-2013, 11:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 14,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Hilarious episode last night. Veep is my favorite in-season show right now.

Yeah, last night's episode it was really good. I thought the best line of the night and maybe of the series came from the PM's creepy Lothario husband, who in an earlier scene had groped Selina. At dinner with the PM, her husband, and several others, the husband said, "I love fish. Some men do not like the taste." He then looked directly at Selena and said, "I do," at which point Selena dropped her fork on her dinner plate. I thought that was a double entendre for the ages.smile.gif
gwsat is offline  
post #112 of 156 Old 05-14-2013, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dougotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 2,274
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Yeah, last night's episode it was really good. I thought the best line of the night and maybe of the series came from the PM's creepy Lothario husband, who in an earlier scene had groped Selina. At dinner with the PM, her husband, and several others, the husband said, "I love fish. Some men do not like the taste." He then looked directly at Selena and said, "I do," at which point Selena dropped her fork on her dinner plate. I thought that was a double entendre for the ages.smile.gif

That was Dave Foley, originally from The Kids in the Hall. I also thought the PM was very funny - glaring directly at Selena and challenging everything she said.

Oh, yeah, and the rude British journalist was hilarious.
dougotte is offline  
post #113 of 156 Old 05-14-2013, 07:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 14,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougotte View Post

That was Dave Foley, originally from The Kids in the Hall. I also thought the PM was very funny - glaring directly at Selena and challenging everything she said.

Oh, yeah, and the rude British journalist was hilarious.

I agree that the nasty Brit journalist and the PM herself were almost as funny as the PM's sleazeball husband. Thanks for the heads up about Dave Foley, who played the husband. There was lots of other great stuff in this week's show too.
gwsat is offline  
post #114 of 156 Old 05-14-2013, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
MSmith83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 54
That was the funniest episode yet. The Angry Birds clock really put it over the top.
MSmith83 is offline  
post #115 of 156 Old 05-14-2013, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Garrett Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Stockton, CA USA
Posts: 1,602
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83 View Post

That was the funniest episode yet. The Angry Birds clock really put it over the top.

 

It was so heavy I keep thinking she was going the drop it.

Garrett Adams is offline  
post #116 of 156 Old 05-20-2013, 05:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Young C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,892
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Awesome episode last night. Loved the ex-husband and Selina pretending to smile while fighting. Jonah's pickup lines were so trashy eek.gif
Young C is offline  
post #117 of 156 Old 05-20-2013, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
MSmith83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 54
The ending was great with an off camera Mike lusting over the carrot cake and talking about cutting it with his phone. Now that is a severe food addiction.
MSmith83 is offline  
post #118 of 156 Old 05-21-2013, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dougotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 2,274
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Awesome episode last night. Loved the ex-husband and Selina pretending to smile while fighting. Jonah's pickup lines were so trashy eek.gif

For some reason, I didn't think this episode was as funny as others this season. Maybe it was my mood. Anyway, the funniest part for me was when they made their daughter put on a fake smile in the restaurant. Her smile was hilarious.
dougotte is offline  
post #119 of 156 Old 05-21-2013, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dougotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 2,274
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83 View Post

The ending was great with an off camera Mike lusting over the carrot cake and talking about cutting it with his phone. Now that is a severe food addiction.

I was wondering who that was. I didn't recognize his voice, and we only saw his hand.
dougotte is offline  
post #120 of 156 Old 05-22-2013, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 1,947
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougotte View Post

For some reason, I didn't think this episode was as funny as others this season. Maybe it was my mood. Anyway, the funniest part for me was when they made their daughter put on a fake smile in the restaurant. Her smile was hilarious.

I thought it was the worst ep. This show has to be funny for it to work and it wasn't very funny.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
daryl zero is online now  
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off