"Arrow" on The CW HD - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #271 of 1087 Old 02-10-2013, 09:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Great episode I was wondering when Oliver would finally figure out his mother was involved. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
If you look at the trailer for next week and slow it down it looks like there is someone else with Diggle trying to save Oliver's life. They really tried to hide it and even distorted her voice but I think it is our favorite IT person Felicity, I guess they wont need any more bad excuses after next week.

You can never judge a show by its pilot episode or the half season following it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 1087 Old 02-10-2013, 10:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 269
I don't think you need to put that in a spoiler, since the preview for this week's episode has already aired.

I was wondering who it was as well, but I figured it was one of those instances of the trailer being manipulative and taking things out of context to misconstrue the episode's events. The line might be from a different scene entirely, but I hope you're right.
post #273 of 1087 Old 02-11-2013, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 150
post #274 of 1087 Old 02-11-2013, 08:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Oh snap! Mama is in deep dodo, $@#% just got real ninja!

Love seeing Manu!

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
post #275 of 1087 Old 02-12-2013, 04:22 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

I don't think you need to put that in a spoiler, since the preview for this week's episode has already aired.

I was wondering who it was as well, but I figured it was one of those instances of the trailer being manipulative and taking things out of context to misconstrue the episode's events. The line might be from a different scene entirely, but I hope you're right.

Your probably right but I put it in spoilers because I just hate it when fan theories turn out to be true and ruin the reveal on the show.

You can never judge a show by its pilot episode or the half season following it.
post #276 of 1087 Old 02-13-2013, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by chestnu1 View Post

Your probably right but I put it in spoilers because I just hate it when fan theories turn out to be true and ruin the reveal on the show.

And good on you for being careful.

Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
post #277 of 1087 Old 02-13-2013, 07:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 552
I concur with Ray on that. Since networks have eliminated the commercial break between shows at the top of the hour, the previews run right at the very end of the hour on most series. My DVR through TWC always cuts off the recording before the end of the previews. I only get about 59 1/2 minutes of recording per hour - a weird bug in the Navigator software I suppose (one of many). And I can't extend the recording by a minute because it then overlaps the top of the hour by a few seconds and that fracks up other recordings that may start on the hour and leads to potential conflicts.

So I've basically quit watching previews and appreciate it when people don't discuss them in show threads. Like cutting out sugar and fat in your diet, it sucks at first but after awhile you're healthier and feel better, and you don't miss them anymore. smile.gif
post #278 of 1087 Old 02-14-2013, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 26
Holy flashbacks Batman!!!! Another great episode. We get to learn a bit more about how Ollie learned his craft and his relationship between Slade and him. "Billy Greenfield" (was that it?) World's worst name for a comic book villian.biggrin.gif

And of course the (fantastically beautiful) geeky girl comes into the fold.

Lastly...What does that tattoo mean?

To be continued...

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #279 of 1087 Old 02-15-2013, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22

And the "scooby gang" grows.  Also nice to see that Felicity was elevated to main character status for season 2.  Sweeeet!   Also, she does *not* need to take the glasses off and let the hair down to be hot.  She is super hot as it is.  Hot chicks in glasses is the thing now anyway.  :)

Fantastic episode.  More and more Arrow is one of those shows where it's over and you're like....what?  it's over already?  Really love this show.

Scott
post #280 of 1087 Old 02-15-2013, 07:57 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

Holy flashbacks Batman!!!! Another great episode. We get to learn a bit more about how Ollie learned his craft and his relationship between Slade and him. "Billy Greenfield" (was that it?) World's worst name for a comic book villian.biggrin.gif

And of course the (fantastically beautiful) geeky girl comes into the fold.

Lastly...What does that tattoo mean?

To be continued...

Billy Wintergreen.
post #281 of 1087 Old 02-15-2013, 08:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 552
Now we know that Slade's partner, Billy Wintergreen, was killed by Slade (in classic Spartacus style - blade through the eye!). So where does that put Malcolm Merlyn (Capn' Jack's character) in Ollie's backstory? I was under the impression Merlyn was the masked assassin (Deathstroke) back on the Island of Doom -- apparently not. confused.gif
post #282 of 1087 Old 02-15-2013, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Now we know that Slade's partner, Billy Wintergreen, was killed by Slade (in classic Spartacus style - blade through the eye!). So where does that put Malcolm Merlyn (Capn' Jack's character) in Ollie's backstory? I was under the impression Merlyn was the masked assassin (Deathstroke) back on the Island of Doom -- apparently not. confused.gif

They've never hinted at that in the show, just fan speculation.  Capt Jack is "Black Arrow" as shown a few episodes ago when he nearly killed Ollie.

Scott
post #283 of 1087 Old 02-15-2013, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member

It was a good episode up til the crime lab blood analysis wipe. 1. Blood evidence from the hood not a rush job?? 2. Just cuz it's ordered destroyed doesn't mean a human isn't involved and put 2 + 2 together...

I'm a bit disappointed in felicity. I want her to stick around more.

post #284 of 1087 Old 02-17-2013, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post

I'm a bit disappointed in felicity. I want her to stick around more.

In what way?  She's been promoted to full time cast member for season 2 so I think she'll be around.  :)

Scott
post #285 of 1087 Old 02-17-2013, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Whenever someone offers to join the scooby gang only until a particular objective has been accomplished, you know that person is going to end up staying on permanently.
post #286 of 1087 Old 02-17-2013, 05:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Hopefully.

post #287 of 1087 Old 02-21-2013, 09:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 346
A woefully poor episode this week. Cliches everywhere and so many wafer-thin stories that the sum of it's parts barely made a whole. Apart from a couple of amusing moments about dating and a chase sequence this episode was tanking by the end,

I'm glad they appeared to redact the confession from the Thea's story because the confession scene was so badly acted and written, my eyes wouldn't stop rolling. It was so bad I was hoping that it was a con attempt but they played that scene so sincerely that the payoff came too late.

Dodger? Not even worth James Callis turning up. The bomb collar thing was just another hokey element at this point and the way Queen solved the problem with a flechette (or didn't, Queen still didn't have the code) was such a weak resolution it was as if the writer was typing that scene 30 seconds before deadline. Waste of a character.

Hey whaddya know! Felicity is a hottie when she's at a gala event in a sparkly dress and with her hair pulled down from the smarty librarian-bun! Who would have guessed? And to reinforce that butterfly transformation they even made her take off the (designer) nerd rims. rolleyes.gif

post #288 of 1087 Old 02-21-2013, 09:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Last week's island episode spoiled me. I think the show would actually be more compelling if it just spent all its time telling the story of what happened to Oliver on the island. Those moments are better than the "villain of the week" filler that defines too many of the episodes set in the present.
post #289 of 1087 Old 02-21-2013, 09:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Yeah the island stuff has a lot potential, not least of which it gets away from the CW template.

But I really hate the bad wig he's forced to wear. I hope he cuts it off soon. Surely one of those soldiers has a razor he can steal.

post #290 of 1087 Old 02-22-2013, 03:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:

Last week's island episode spoiled me. I think the show would actually be more compelling if it just spent all its time telling the story of what happened to Oliver on the island. Those moments are better than the "villain of the week" filler that defines too many of the episodes set in the present.

Those island flashbacks are way more interesting to us then the regular story line (except for his God awful wig they make him wear on the island).

post #291 of 1087 Old 02-22-2013, 05:44 AM
AVS Special Member

I actually enjoyed the episode.  Obviously though it was a "set up" type episodes for the rest of the season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Hey whaddya know! Felicity is a hottie when she's at a gala event in a sparkly dress and with her hair pulled down from the smarty librarian-bun! Who would have guessed? And to reinforce that butterfly transformation they even made her take off the (designer) nerd rims. rolleyes.gif

Frankly she is plenty hot as it is with the glasses and pony tail.  I think she's hotter that way.  :)

Scott
post #292 of 1087 Old 02-22-2013, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Interested to see where they go with Roy Harper given the sister's nickname.

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

post #293 of 1087 Old 02-22-2013, 07:06 AM

Liked: 12
Well considering that he's going by the name ARSENAL now in the comics, I think Speedy is safe. But the girl hostage in the 2/13 episode was called SHADO (another character from the pre 52 GA comics). I am more interested in what they do with her.
post #294 of 1087 Old 02-22-2013, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
The question is which one of them becomes a sidekick, if either.

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

post #295 of 1087 Old 02-22-2013, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:

Yes and no. I'm already tired of the cycle of captured-escape-recaptured on the island. If the story sticks with him evading capture and training, that would be interesting. But the actor who plays the leader on the island is T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E, and I think the show comes to a standstill whenever he is on the screen with Oliver. Plus, they really need to give us the real background on why all those soldiers are on the island in the first place. Clearly its not just to capture all the old prisoners or whatever they said in an earlier episode.. Let us know why they are really there, so the story can be about Oliver on the island thwarting that plan, instead of Oliver on the island getting captured all the time.

So what are the odds that the guy on the other end of the phone call to Captain Terrible was Captain Jack?
post #296 of 1087 Old 02-22-2013, 10:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonscott87 View Post

Frankly she is plenty hot as it is with the glasses and pony tail.  I think she's hotter that way.  smile.gif

No you're wrong! On the CW you can only be hot if you don't wear glasses. Even if they are cool designer frames that are in vogue, the have to come off for a girl to enter the ranks of attractive socially-acceptable cool girl. wink.gif

Of course if Felicity really was a tech geek, she would be wearing a pair of Gunnar Optiks. biggrin.gif

post #297 of 1087 Old 02-25-2013, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

If you don't want Felicity I'll GLADLY take her.

Nice seeing the Chick from True Blood too.

This show has by far out done my expectations. Here's to it continuing.

post #298 of 1087 Old 02-28-2013, 01:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Wow... Felicity DOES NOT have a chest. lol

Tommy is a dick, but we already knew that...

Every encounter with a female for Oliver is AWKWARD. lol...

post #299 of 1087 Old 02-28-2013, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I'm getting vibes from the original Spiderman, with the green goblin - if I recall correctly. Not sure we need to go there again, even for graphic novels it's a very overused plot device. Best buddies become sworn enemies, come on writers be more original.
post #300 of 1087 Old 02-28-2013, 09:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad they didn't kill off John Barrowman! And now we have RIVER SONG!!!!!!!!!

"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud." - C.G.Jung

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page