Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #751 of 1087 Old 02-21-2014, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 36
The CW released a photo of the Suicide Squad that was hinted at a few episodes ago featuring the Bronze Tiger. I'm actually really surprised they did. I clicked the link thinking it harmless but there's a pretty big spoiler.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The Suicide Squad is: Bronze Tiger, Deadshot, Shrapnel, Lyla Michaels and.... Diggle!!!!!!

Here's a link. If you don't want to know who is on the baddie team, don't click. http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=115153
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 1087 Old 02-21-2014, 06:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Yeah I saw that too, but I don't think it means exactly what it shows. That's his big episode I think so I guess he might be there for a different reason.

post #753 of 1087 Old 02-21-2014, 06:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

To celebrate a million Facebook friends Amell made a behind the scenes video featuring himself, David Ramsey and Caty Lotz.

Thanks for the videos. I particularly enjoyed the comic con video. And to think it was recorded in Dallas and I'm only 40 minutes away in Fort Worth.

Duane
post #754 of 1087 Old 02-21-2014, 07:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeacock22 View Post

The CW released a photo of the Suicide Squad that was hinted at a few episodes ago featuring the Bronze Tiger. I'm actually really surprised they did. I clicked the link thinking it harmless but there's a pretty big spoiler.
The Suicide Squad is: Bronze Tiger, Deadshot, Shrapnel, Lyla Michaels and.... Diggle!!!!!!

Here's a link. If you don't want to know who is on the baddie team, don't click. http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=115153
why would Diggle be working with the man who killed his brother? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

pcm=potato
bitstream=patato
post #755 of 1087 Old 02-22-2014, 06:31 AM
AVS Special Member

I can only figure he's there undercover. There's nothing so awful as Diggle's brother getting killed that Ollie could do to make him truly switch sides.
post #756 of 1087 Old 02-22-2014, 07:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

^^^

Sounds plausible. It could be just a one-off deal for him.

post #757 of 1087 Old 02-22-2014, 08:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 552
Sure - he's either "undercover", or he's being blackmailed. The latter seems more likely. I can see where this plotline is going to go. Sounds like fun.
post #758 of 1087 Old 02-22-2014, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Without spoiling anything... in the comics, the Suicide Squad is like an early release program of sorts. They go after criminals that they think can do a dirty job and make a deal to reduce or eliminate their sentence IF they complete the job. it's "Suicide" Squad for a reason... they are sending the team into situations that are very dangerous, so the criminals are risking their lives... and not expected to survive... but if they do, and the job is done, then they get a break.

Every now and again, though, they have a non-criminal on the roster to reign people in if they feel they need it and to keep the team on-mission.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #759 of 1087 Old 02-22-2014, 10:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

it's "Suicide" Squad for a reason... they are sending the team into situations that are very dangerous, so the criminals are risking their lives... and not expected to survive...

Everyone in favor of Laurel joining the next mission say "aye". wink.gif

post #760 of 1087 Old 02-22-2014, 02:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Everyone in favor of Laurel joining the next mission say "aye". wink.gif

Well, she is currently unemployed and looking for a job....I'd say there's a good possibility. And when you add in the fact that she's good 'n pissed at her family and Ollie, that makes it even more likely. What else they gonna' do with the character?
post #761 of 1087 Old 02-24-2014, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

An intervention made of superheros, she sees the error of her ways, falls in love with Ollie again, they tease a relationship for half the season, she finds out his identity, and finally end up back together.
post #762 of 1087 Old 02-25-2014, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:

An intervention made of superheros, she sees the error of her ways, falls in love with Ollie again, they tease a relationship for half the season, she finds out his identity, and finally end up back together.

And takes over from the sister to become Black Canary! (or just Canary since the show is adverse to color IDs)

post #763 of 1087 Old 02-25-2014, 10:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

And then someone kills her to make Arrow mad and vengeancey again!

Double win.

post #764 of 1087 Old 02-26-2014, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

And then we discover posthumously that she was on the island all along and was actually the ring leader of the whole operation, leaving Ollie to mourn and question his entire existence.
post #765 of 1087 Old 02-26-2014, 08:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

And then we discover posthumously that she was on the island all along and was actually the ring leader of the whole operation, leaving Ollie to mourn and question his entire existence.

He'll just do some kind of insane workout and that'll get those endorphans flowing again. Now he can do dual-salmons with Sara! What fun!
post #766 of 1087 Old 02-27-2014, 01:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Guess I missed an episode. Anyway, Poor Felicity. Yes, people aren't gonna know a guy Oliver's height in a hood and now a blonde girl with curls. LOL #smh Finally, once again Laurel is useless... Oliver ur an idiot. lol...

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
post #767 of 1087 Old 02-27-2014, 05:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post

Guess I missed an episode. Anyway, Poor Felicity. Yes, people aren't gonna know a guy Oliver's height in a hood and now a blonde girl with curls. LOL #smh Finally, once again Laurel is useless... Oliver ur an idiot. lol...

But, but, but, they have masks on. confused.gif

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #768 of 1087 Old 02-27-2014, 09:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

But, but, but, they have masks on. confused.gif

masks that only cover ~30% of their face

pcm=potato
bitstream=patato
post #769 of 1087 Old 02-27-2014, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarm87 View Post

masks that only cover ~30% of their face

Better than just a pair of eyeglasses!

post #770 of 1087 Old 02-27-2014, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Part of why masks work on super-heroes is because most people really don't want to know the identity of the hero... the unknown is more magical than the known... People who REALLY want to find out, always find out the secret identities in the comics and the movies and TV shows... but frankly most people like the illusion, and thus don't look past the mask.

post #771 of 1087 Old 02-27-2014, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 59

Oliver's mask and hood would normally do the trick. However his chin structure and blondish beard stubble make his disguise about as effective as Clark Kent's eyeglasses. ;)

post #772 of 1087 Old 02-27-2014, 06:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Queen's disguise I can just about buy because he doesn't get too close, stays in shadow and uses his Darth Vader voice changer.

But Sara and her mask was definitely a Clark Kent moment. The blond wig does nothing to hide her face and she was in full light about three feet away from Quentin. Caty Lotz' chin dimple is easily one of her most recognizable features and I could pick her out of a vigilante lineup just based on that. It shouldn't be a problem for her father.

That scene would have played much better and funnier if Quentin had paused and gave a quizzical look when Canary came close, before carrying on. As if to say "wait a second, you look familiar ... nah, can't be." because then at least it would be a wink to the audience and an acknowledgement that her disguise is terrible and as they were walking away Queen could have said "don't get so close next time, he's not that blind."

Fun episode otherwise. An eye candy workout for the guys and ladies in the opening, plenty of exciting Arrow moments, Amell got a decent dramatic scene and Felicity was amusingly jealous. Excellent Slade-meeting cliffhanger too. Hey, and maybe Laurel can stop being such a dead weight from now on as well.

Also liked the island background to Sin. It was an unexpected twist for me. Boy, how fortunate was it that the pilot's daughter lives in Starling City? That worked out nicely. wink.gif

post #773 of 1087 Old 02-28-2014, 05:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I agree that Ollie's disguise is only one marginal step above Clark Kent's glasses. How did Quentin ever become a detective with such lousy observational skills? What would be cool is if Ollie worked a little harder on his disguise - say, by donning GA's trademark mustache & goatee whenever he goes out to fight crime! I really think they missed an opportunity there.

What would have been great is if Quentin had done a double-take on Black Canary's bust-bursting corset and said - You get right back to your lair and change into something more presentable, young lady. I'm still your father and you're not fighting crime in that!
post #774 of 1087 Old 02-28-2014, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

If this conversation is built around "Why didn't Quentin know it was his daughter"... the answer is simple.. he knows Sara is the Canary. He knew it from the beginning. He knows she is working with the Arrow. They covered this already in a previous episode.

post #775 of 1087 Old 02-28-2014, 10:50 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

Queen's disguise I can just about buy because he doesn't get too close, stays in shadow and uses his Darth Vader voice changer.

But Sara and her mask was definitely a Clark Kent moment. The blond wig does nothing to hide her face and she was in full light about three feet away from Quentin. Caty Lotz' chin dimple is easily one of her most recognizable features and I could pick her out of a vigilante lineup just based on that. It shouldn't be a problem for her father.

That scene would have played much better and funnier if Quentin had paused and gave a quizzical look when Canary came close, before carrying on. As if to say "wait a second, you look familiar ... nah, can't be." because then at least it would be a wink to the audience and an acknowledgement that her disguise is terrible and as they were walking away Queen could have said "don't get so close next time, he's not that blind."

Fun episode otherwise. An eye candy workout for the guys and ladies in the opening, plenty of exciting Arrow moments, Amell got a decent dramatic scene and Felicity was amusingly jealous. Excellent Slade-meeting cliffhanger too. Hey, and maybe Laurel can stop being such a dead weight from now on as well.

Also liked the island background to Sin. It was an unexpected twist for me. Boy, how fortunate was it that the pilot's daughter lives in Starling City? That worked out nicely. wink.gif
Quentin knows that Sara is the canary as she had to reveal it to him lasy year when the league attacked them in the clock tower. That was the same episode that she made him promise not to tell Laurel that she was still alive.
post #776 of 1087 Old 02-28-2014, 02:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

^^^^^

Aha! I completely forgot about that moment. I only remembered Sara revealing that she was alive in the street meet.

Officer Lance, I take back my criticism of your detecting skills. biggrin.gif

post #777 of 1087 Old 02-28-2014, 02:58 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Head shot of the Flash in uniform.
post #778 of 1087 Old 02-28-2014, 03:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

From the head up he looks good, the big question is does he still weigh 50lbs from the neck down?

post #779 of 1087 Old 02-28-2014, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

So far they seem to be doing a good job in bringing Flash to the screen... I like having confidence in something that I'm anticipating.

Arrow is just basically rock-solid so far too. Yeah, there are things to nitpick and gripe about with any show... but Arrow is consistently entertaining to me so far.

post #780 of 1087 Old 02-28-2014, 06:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

Arrow is just basically rock-solid so far too. Yeah, there are things to nitpick and gripe about with any show... but Arrow is consistently entertaining to me so far.

Case in point, the horrible speech Laurel gave to her sister at the end that went on far too long. Thankfully enough good occurred before that to offset it's clunky and overwrought symbolism.

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page