"Arrow" on The CW HD - Page 28 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #811 of 1073 Old 03-07-2014, 02:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 247
It's realistic for Slade to blame Oliver, but I think Oliver is being too hard on himself. He acts like he told Ivo to shoot Shado over Sara, but the situation would have easily played out in reverse if Ivo had pointed his gun in the other direction.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 1073 Old 03-07-2014, 04:12 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

This whole Slade thinks Oliver deserves to suffer and die is typical bad comic book stuff. Evo was the bad guy and it isn't Oliver's fault the guy gave him 5 seconds to decide.

I'm with you. I don't buy the whole Slade thing. Anyone who's reasonably rational would realize a) Oliver was put in a no-win situation, b) they've been under serious duress while one the island, and c) Ivo is clearly a manipulator.

Slade isn't acting maniacal right now - so he's at least partly sane. I don't understand/buy his motivation to hurt Oliver at all. Maybe it'll be revealed more later in the season? But I doubt it. This is the weakest thing about the story so far. Also, Manu Bennett shouldn't be dressed up in a fancy suit. he should be naked and killing people (see: Spartacus, Blood & Sand).
post #813 of 1073 Old 03-07-2014, 07:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

In real life... if a bad guy takes a hostage... and the hostage negotiator is talking to the bad guy and the discussion goes wrong and the bad guy kills his hostage... a LOT of people in real life blame the police and hostage negotiator in that scenario.

Wow, you just described the plot for last week's episode of Hawaii Five-0.
post #814 of 1073 Old 03-08-2014, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambe View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

This whole Slade thinks Oliver deserves to suffer and die is typical bad comic book stuff. Evo was the bad guy and it isn't Oliver's fault the guy gave him 5 seconds to decide.

I'm with you. I don't buy the whole Slade thing. Anyone who's reasonably rational would realize a) Oliver was put in a no-win situation, b) they've been under serious duress while one the island, and c) Ivo is clearly a manipulator.

Slade isn't acting maniacal right now - so he's at least partly sane. I don't understand/buy his motivation to hurt Oliver at all. Maybe it'll be revealed more later in the season? But I doubt it. This is the weakest thing about the story so far. Also, Manu Bennett shouldn't be dressed up in a fancy suit. he should be naked and killing people (see: Spartacus, Blood & Sand).
I think you have to chalk up Slade's actions and hostility towards Ollie due to the drug. The drug changed his personality, which isn't that far of a stretch.
post #815 of 1073 Old 03-08-2014, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuaneAA View Post

Wow, you just described the plot for last week's episode of Hawaii Five-0.

Dah dah dah dah dah dah... dah dah dah dah dah...

Or something to that effect smile.gif

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #816 of 1073 Old 03-10-2014, 08:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
How that show is still on is beyond me...

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
post #817 of 1073 Old 03-11-2014, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
Because it's freaking awesome!
post #818 of 1073 Old 03-11-2014, 05:25 PM
Advanced Member

I still think Hawaii Five-O is one of the prettiest show to watch with all the outdoor Hawaiian scenes. However I'll admit the McGarrett/Danno patter has never grown on me.
post #819 of 1073 Old 03-11-2014, 08:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 310
So if you look online you can see the new Flash suit. Yes, it does look good in the promotional shots but in the set pictures it looks like Gustin is wearing baggy Flash-themed pajamas.

He really, really needs to bulk up.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

post #820 of 1073 Old 03-11-2014, 08:16 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

So if you look online you can see the new Flash suit. Yes, it does look good in the promotional shots but in the set pictures it looks like Gustin is wearing baggy Flash-themed pajamas.

That looks downright terrible, I suspect there's going to be a lot of CGI work bulking him up.
post #821 of 1073 Old 03-11-2014, 10:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

That looks downright terrible, I suspect there's going to be a lot of CGI work bulking him up.

I never thought the Flash was an overly muscular character like Superman. He's super fast, not super strong. I guess Flash started looking beefy after the television series had him in the bulked up suit. As for the new outfit, it does look like baggy pajamas.
post #822 of 1073 Old 03-12-2014, 08:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I'm not saying Gustin has to go WWE levels of muscle, but he really needs to fill out a skin tight suit better than he is. Compared to David Ramsey or Manu Bennet I don't think Amell is overly buffed. He's just toned. Gustin needs to be reaching that level because he still looks like a nerd in a cosplay outfit. Not someone who is capable of performing superhuman feats of agility or speed.

post #823 of 1073 Old 03-12-2014, 08:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 506
Quote:

I'm not saying Gustin has to go WWE levels of muscle, but he really needs to fill out a skin tight suit better than he is. Compared to David Ramsey or Manu Bennet I don't think Amell is overly buffed. He's just toned. Gustin needs to be reaching that level because he still looks like a nerd in a cosplay outfit. Not someone who is capable of performing superhuman feats of agility or speed.

Agreed. He was an odd choice to play a superhero in the first place, IMO. He just doesn't look the part. What, have they run out of buff Australians for U.S. television series already?
post #824 of 1073 Old 03-12-2014, 08:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Well Gustin definitely has the scientist angle down, but even Tobey Maguire went from nerdy photographer to pumped-Spidey using the power of genetically-enhanced spider CGI. Barry needs to start drinking some protein shakes.

post #825 of 1073 Old 03-12-2014, 08:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Well Gustin definitely has the scientist angle down, but even Tobey Maguire went from nerdy photographer to pumped-Spidey using the power of genetically-enhanced spider CGI. Barry needs to start drinking some protein shakes.

There are faster ways. Hook him up with Sly. wink.gif
post #826 of 1073 Old 03-12-2014, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

Not on a CW series budget, there isn't.
post #827 of 1073 Old 03-12-2014, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:

Usain Bolt aside, the fastest runners in the world aren't known for their bulk and big muscles. They are usually very lean. And the more running they do, the leaner they are (compare sprinters to marathoners) I have no problem with the actor's physical stature. In fact, it makes the show more believable to me. I'm tired of seeing every TV super hero looking like a wrestler. The character's super power is SPEED, not STRENGTH. The problem with that photo isn't the actor's lack of big 'super hero' muscles. It's that the costume design wasn't well designed for the actor's body type.
mike1812 likes this.
post #828 of 1073 Old 03-12-2014, 09:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Disagree. It's a comic book character. In the comics, the Flash is as muscled up as any other superhero. Along with super-voluptuous, super-sexy super-heroines, it's what the geekosphere expects. Look at Black Canary's outfit. It squeezes and pushes every last possible ounce of cleavage out of Caity Lotz's lithe frame. Bravo! tongue.gif
post #829 of 1073 Old 03-12-2014, 09:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:

its probably a "phase 1" suit; he has super speed, a tighter uniform may look cooler but it will probably chafe like a mother, there will most likely be a redesign later. remember CSU techs don't really make as much money as the head of a multinational conglomerate.

pcm=potato
bitstream=patato
post #830 of 1073 Old 03-12-2014, 09:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

One word: spandex.
post #831 of 1073 Old 03-12-2014, 09:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfxproducer View Post

Usain Bolt aside, the fastest runners in the world aren't known for their bulk and big muscles. They are usually very lean. And the more running they do, the leaner they are (compare sprinters to marathoners) I have no problem with the actor's physical stature. In fact, it makes the show more believable to me. I'm tired of seeing every TV super hero looking like a wrestler.

And that is exactly the point I was making. He doesn't have to look like a wrestler but he has to look like someone who isn't a cubicle nerd unless he's planning to guest star in a remake of The Greatest American Hero. Hollywood is full of actors who have muscle but are not Terry Crews or Dwayne Johnson. That's the least Gustin should be bringing to the table if he's playing a superhero. Nobody would accuse Matt Damon of being a wrestler but when the role requires it he gets into shape.

That's the point of being super. Otherwise it's Kick-Ass. Of course if the Flash show is a comedy then having some Kick-Ass or Chuck-esque nerd playing a hero would fit the bill, but I have a feeling it's not supposed to be.

Now these guys, these guys look like they can run and kick your ass at the same time ... wink.gif

post #832 of 1073 Old 03-12-2014, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Does he need to bulk up OR do they need to get him a costume that actually fits?

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #833 of 1073 Old 03-12-2014, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
Wow that really does not look good in context; way to baggy on him. The press release photo was much more convincing. Wouldn't Flash want skin tight for aerodynamics? God forbid our superhero have a moment like the US Olympic speed skating team! o_O

So yes, let's hope this is a "prototype" moment in his suit development.
post #834 of 1073 Old 03-12-2014, 06:09 PM
Advanced Member

I think the first time Felicity sees him in this suit, she will take care of things.

Duane
post #835 of 1073 Old 03-12-2014, 06:26 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 301
On the subject of super-hero uniforms,

INSIDE THE EVOLUTION OF SUPERMAN'S LOOK
Phantom Stranger likes this.
post #836 of 1073 Old 03-12-2014, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 75
I like the costume, for the most part. It looks a little too busy in the legs and somewhat uncomfortable to run in, but we'll see how it looks in motion. I love the wing tips on his heads and retaining the symbol on his chest.
post #837 of 1073 Old 03-19-2014, 06:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Suicide Squad did not live up the hype for me. I thought it was cool that they were bringing back some lesser used characters (even Ben Browder returned) but then Shrapnel was barely there before he was killed off screen. Sure, he's a bit lame anyway but even Tiger got almost nothing to do (he literally fell down and stabbed someone in the back) and there were no big action sequences except for the ending.

Which was one of the worst examples of an airstrike since Burn Notice blew up a minivan in the street using a jet fighter!

Why they had a "stealth" drone chasing a truck at ground level through the streets was silly enough but then they described a Hellfire missile being capable of destroying the mansion but when it exploded it was no bigger than the usual car explosion. Not only that but isn't a Hellfire an anti-armor weapon designed to kill tanks? Sure it might be able to wreck the house but how would it take out the toxin in the reinforced underground bunker? Very poor planning there ARGUS.

The episode should have aimed lower in concept and budget and used more hand-to-hand or saved most of the Diggle relationship stuff for an episode with fewer characters.

Not nearly enough Deathstroke, or even Harley Quinn!

post #838 of 1073 Old 03-19-2014, 09:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Terrible episode, waste of talent. It lost my attention to a solitaire game on my ipad a few minutes in. I'd look up occasionally, but the whole thing was stupid, especially the drone. It should have simply lock onto the position and not followed dead eye around.
post #839 of 1073 Old 03-20-2014, 08:59 AM

Liked: 12
Ah! I wondered if that was Harley Quinn. It was so quick! I agree with Vision. This should have been a two parter at best.
post #840 of 1073 Old 03-20-2014, 09:09 AM

Liked: 30
Once again Arrow has a good setup but can't pull off the execution (just like the clock maker episode a few eps back - GREAT trailer, average episode).

Next time you're being chased by a missile-firing drone, just rent a van!
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page