5Likes

post #901 of 1124 Old 04-20-2014, 01:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 372
This thread has now gone the full nerd.

If you are in the Game of Thrones thread you know exactly what that is. wink.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 1124 Old 04-20-2014, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Season 1 was best for me because the secret wasn't revealed and the main character had to kill, lie, do whatever it took to keep it that way. When it's well done, the effort to keep a secret is very satisfying to watch. You are always wondering if anybody will find out, who will and how.

Now it's routine and boring.

This is why I liked that show Dexter a lot because his secret wasn't revealed until much later into the show.
post #903 of 1124 Old 04-22-2014, 07:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 372
According to Stephen Amell this week is a big episode that may be series changing.

Uh oh, I'm picturing a Dead Canary and I'll be on plane and won't get to watch it until next week, so I'll have to avoid the internet.

post #904 of 1124 Old 04-23-2014, 09:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Not a good evening for the Queen family. I do'nt know what the point was in the overall story arc. I felt that character played an important part in a number of storylines.
post #905 of 1124 Old 04-23-2014, 10:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Nice of Slade to not waste a bullet.

He is an annoying adversary who could just kill Oliver a million times over but won't.

From an annoying quotient rating, I'm pretty sure he killed the wrong Queen.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #906 of 1124 Old 04-23-2014, 10:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

He is an annoying adversary who could just kill Oliver a million times over but won't.

Revenge is a dish best served cold. Hopefully Ollie returns the favor after they give Slade the cure. I doubt it though, because there is only 3 episodes left. Not enough time to make him fully suffer. Hopefully they wrap up this story line with this season.
post #907 of 1124 Old 04-23-2014, 10:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Slade said that one more must die before he kills Oliver. I assume he is referring to Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ollie's illegitimate child. Way to pull that out of nowhere this episode. Have they ever mentioned this "incident" before?

Three episodes seems insufficient to wrap up these story lines. Are they saving The Flash for next season?

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #908 of 1124 Old 04-24-2014, 10:18 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 37
I'm a little over all the teen angsty crap that everyone seems to go through repeatedly, but at least the last 5 minutes of the last episode redeemed the show a bit in my eyes. FYI, I think the Flash stuff has been booted the the spin-off (we won't see much if any Flash stuff on Arrow).
post #909 of 1124 Old 04-24-2014, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Since the earlier "Flash" appearance went well and they got a pilot greenlit, I gathered we would see no more Flash in Arrow after all this year... so they probably tweaked some things in the later episodes to account for that.

Not that I was rooting for death... but Moira made sense... and it gives them a way to bring Merlyn back AND have him work with Ollie against Slade. It just makes sense... common enemy and all that. Moira was clearly about to reveal that Merlyn was still alive when Slade attacked... you can be sure Merlyn keeps tabs wherever he is (on the run from Ras Al Ghul last we knew).

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #910 of 1124 Old 04-24-2014, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Wow! I'm surprised at the calloused response to the episode. I was shocked. SHOCKED! I always assumed the choice would be Thea and Sarah, or maybe even Laurel. Wheen Moira told Oliver she knew, I thought "huh", how they going to manage that going forward. And a niggling feeling that the scene was very sentimental. And then to set up the same choice for Oliver again! Dang! That was intense!
post #911 of 1124 Old 04-24-2014, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I hope Oliver is enraged enough to drop the "I am a tree-hugging, responsible vigilante who doesn't want to kill" crap and do what a vigilante does -- kill bad guys.
post #912 of 1124 Old 04-24-2014, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidt1 View Post

I hope Oliver is enraged enough to drop the "I am a tree-hugging, responsible vigilante who doesn't want to kill" crap and do what a vigilante does -- kill bad guys.

I have a feeling he will make an exception for Slade. Especially after last night.
post #913 of 1124 Old 04-24-2014, 10:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 323
As soon as we started doing Moira flashbacks, I had a bad feeling her time on the show was coming to a close. I didn't expect it to be this episode at first, but when Sara rode off instead of dying, Moira and Thea were the next logical choices. I was expecting Moira to have died in the car crash, but then Slade would have been really mad if that had happened. "Look what you did to my beautiful plan, Oliver! Now I can't make you choose who lives and dies! Do you have any idea how much time it took to set this up? Now I must find a new way to teach you the true meaning of suffering! Wait right there, while I go grab Laurel..."
post #914 of 1124 Old 04-25-2014, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

Since the earlier "Flash" appearance went well and they got a pilot greenlit, I gathered we would see no more Flash in Arrow after all this year... so they probably tweaked some things in the later episodes to account for that.

Not that I was rooting for death... but Moira made sense... and it gives them a way to bring Merlyn back AND have him work with Ollie against Slade. It just makes sense... common enemy and all that. Moira was clearly about to reveal that Merlyn was still alive when Slade attacked... you can be sure Merlyn keeps tabs wherever he is (on the run from Ras Al Ghul last we knew).

Yes, they announced last fall that the Flash was going straight to series and thus the "backdoor Flash pilot" they were going to do near the end of this season on Arrow was scratched and they did rewrote those episodes to take that into account.

Scott
post #915 of 1124 Old 04-25-2014, 11:33 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
Still enjoying the show, but two things have irritated me of late:

1) Thea's bitchy whining at Oliver and Moira. Yes, I get that she feels betrayed in a sense because she discovered everyone was lying to her, but there are times when she just needs to be slapped. That said, it'll most likely end now with her mother's death and Oliver suffering with her. She'll now be angry at the appropriate people.

2) Every episode Oliver's getting his arse kicked. I get that Deathstroke is more powerful than he is right now, but dang, throw Ollie a bone every now and then. Comparatively speaking, he's borderline wimpy this year, and as a "superhero" he's been basically useless. What good is it even being 'the Arrow' if everyone else is always getting the best of him? He was much more interesting when he was darker.
post #916 of 1124 Old 04-25-2014, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKlim View Post

Still enjoying the show, but two things have irritated me of late:

1) Thea's bitchy whining at Oliver and Moira. Yes, I get that she feels betrayed in a sense because she discovered everyone was lying to her, but there are times when she just needs to be slapped. That said, it'll most likely end now with her mother's death and Oliver suffering with her. She'll now be angry at the appropriate people.

2) Every episode Oliver's getting his arse kicked. I get that Deathstroke is more powerful than he is right now, but dang, throw Ollie a bone every now and then. Comparatively speaking, he's borderline wimpy this year, and as a "superhero" he's been basically useless. What good is it even being 'the Arrow' if everyone else is always getting the best of him? He was much more interesting when he was darker.

I doubt it. I think she will hold Oliver responsible for Moira's death because of Slade's beef with him. It's too easy to have her stop being a pain and to buddy up to Oliver again.

Agreed. He should have taken the good stuff that Slade is on so he is on a level playing field! Imagine the look on Slade's face when he realized Oliver was as strong as him. biggrin.gif
post #917 of 1124 Old 04-25-2014, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

I never understand the Thea-grief in these discussions. She had a lot thrown at her all of a sudden. Stuff that normal people would get time to deal with... and people are surprised she is reacting like a normal person and freaking out a little? Thea was having a reasonably even keel season until recently when everything was thrown at her. I say give her a break.

post #918 of 1124 Old 04-25-2014, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Maybe Ollie will even mirakuru up himself?
post #919 of 1124 Old 04-25-2014, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member

There's no guarantee he would even survive if he tried, so he's not going to do that. Besides, there's no way a supposed hero would stoop to the same level as the bad guys in order to win. I'm pretty sure that's a comic book no-no.
post #920 of 1124 Old 04-25-2014, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

There's no guarantee he would even survive if he tried, so he's not going to do that. Besides, there's no way a supposed hero would stoop to the same level as the bad guys in order to win. I'm pretty sure that's a comic book no-no.

I agree I doubt he would drug-up... but he has already "stooped" quite a bit. He killed a bunch of people in season one. He has been curbing that lately... but he has already stooped to the level of the bad guys more than once.

I wouldn't expect him to kill at will like he seemed to do in season one... but I also wouldn't expect him to let Slade get away if he had a chance to kill him unless something else was going on... like it was a choice between killing Slade or saving Laurel... he would save Laurel... but if it was kill Slade vs arrest him... at this point, I expect he would kill him.

post #921 of 1124 Old 04-25-2014, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member

I wouldn't call that stooping. I would call it doing what needs to be done. If Batman would stop being such a wimp and just shoot The Joker instead of putting him in an asylum that he somehow always manages to escape, Gotham would actually be safe for once. Of course, doing that would end the series, so Batman's not allowed to do that. rolleyes.gif
post #922 of 1124 Old 04-26-2014, 05:25 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post

I doubt it. I think she will hold Oliver responsible for Moira's death because of Slade's beef with him. It's too easy to have her stop being a pain and to buddy up to Oliver again.

True enough, I hadn't thought of that.
post #923 of 1124 Old 04-26-2014, 07:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 632
Thea's sole purpose in life seems to be feeling aggrieved. Somebody's always lying to her about something or other and if she didn't have her righteous indignation, well, what would she have? So no, I don't expect her to get all lovey/sisterly with Ollie again now that Moria's gone. Not when there are new levels of pouty to achieve!

So, before the end of the season, I figure these things have to happen:
1) Roy's got to get de-mirakaru'd so he can become a good-guy again. My bet is he'll be commanded to kill somebody on TeamArrow and his indomitable will will finally purge his system of the mirakaru and he'll become heroic again. Maybe even a "final sacrifice" to save Thea?
2) Sara has to die heroically at Slade's hands so Laurel can pick up the booby-squeezing bodice and become the Black Canary (disclaimer: I'm not happy about this - Caity Lotz fills out that costume nicely. And I'd miss her chin dimple.)
3) Ollie's knee has to make an Adrian Peterson-like recovery so he can mix it up in hand-to-hand combat with Slade. Or, his knee will prevent him from defeating Slade on his own, leaving the possibility open for a noble, self-sacrificing act by another character. Sara? (remember, you heard if first here)
4) Slade has to die. Duh.
5) Felicity and Diggle have to look concerned at the carnage going on around them. One of them will be threatened but saved.

My big questions: Will The Flash come to Ollie's aid in the BigShowdown with Slade? 'Cause that would be cool, give a good lead-in to the new series, and give Felicity something more to do than just look worried. Will we get any more Isle o' Doom™ flashbacks? (I loves me some Island flashbacks.)

And, lest we forget, Summer Glau is still out there and has been resurrected & miracaru'd. You know she's going to figure into the FinalShowdown somehow. More Summer is always a good thing.
post #924 of 1124 Old 04-26-2014, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Slade's next target will probably be Oliver's never-before-mentioned illegitimate kid.

post #925 of 1124 Old 04-26-2014, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Liked: 318
wow, just watched this week's episode. didn't see that one coming.

who's Slade going to pick off next? Sarah? Laurel? Thea? the obvious choice is Sarah since she was on the island but the writers probably have another surprise in mind but I can't imagine what else it will be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Sara has to die heroically at Slade's hands so Laurel can pick up the booby-squeezing bodice and become the Black Canary

is it confirmed that Laurel has to be this Black Canary? I never read Green Arrow comics so have no prior idea of the story or characters. I've just enjoyed the show on its own from the beginning. sort of like watching S1 & 2 of GoT w/o reading the books wink.gif (not the case now - I'm in the last book)

Steve
post #926 of 1124 Old 04-26-2014, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mmmmm. I think I disagree with points made in the above two posts. Flash will make his debut in his own series. We won't see him in Arrow. And I think bringing back to bear the fact Ollie has a kid will complicate the story more than is necessary. I think that flashback's sole purpose was to forewshadow the depths to which Moira would go to save her children, and that's all.
post #927 of 1124 Old 04-26-2014, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeacock22 View Post

I think bringing back to bear the fact Ollie has a kid will complicate the story more than is necessary. I think that flashback's sole purpose was to forewshadow the depths to which Moira would go to save her children, and that's all.

You're more optimistic than I am but I guess we'll see. Otherwise, who would it be? Sarah? She apparently is off to be with Ra's Al Ghul's daughter. Laurel (Dinah)? If they follow canon, she'll be Black Canary. Thea? With what she's been going through emotionally, it'd probably be too tragic for a CW show.

post #928 of 1124 Old 04-26-2014, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeacock22 View Post

And I think bringing back to bear the fact Ollie has a kid will complicate the story more than is necessary. I think that flashback's sole purpose was to forewshadow the depths to which Moira would go to save her children, and that's all.

IF so, then it would be horrible writing!

You never put stuff in a scene that has no purpose.

It was a flashback... nobody "saw" that... maybe Moira was "remembering" or whatever, but nobody outside of Moira (and us viewers) know what happened. So... it serves no purpose to further the story IF it never comes up again. Moira didn't tell Ollie, so he not only doesn't know about his kid... but nobody knows "what Moira was willing to do" for her kids. It's only an example if other people observe the example.

If it was just random backstory, then it didn't need to end with an illegitimate kid in the wind.

There's no reason for that flash back unless they plan to bring the kid into the show at some point. Whether that happens this season or next... you can be sure there is a kid coming to the show somehow.

post #929 of 1124 Old 04-26-2014, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post

Slade's next target will probably be Oliver's never-before-mentioned illegitimate kid.

I highly doubt this would happen. The only purpose of that flashback was to give Moira more background before killing her. Oliver doesn't even know that the child exists, so Slade can't use it to hurt him, which is the whole point of his vendetta. He would first have to tell Oliver that he has a kid, otherwise the kid's death would have no impact, and that doesn't make much sense. Slade has to go after one of the established characters.
post #930 of 1124 Old 04-27-2014, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

I highly doubt this would happen. The only purpose of that flashback was to give Moira more background before killing her. Oliver doesn't even know that the child exists, so Slade can't use it to hurt him, which is the whole point of his vendetta. He would first have to tell Oliver that he has a kid, otherwise the kid's death would have no impact, and that doesn't make much sense. Slade has to go after one of the established characters.

Just because Olliver doesn't know doesn't mean that Slade doesn't. He certainly has the wherewithal to do his homework. I have to agree with HDMe2...having the flashback included would otherwise be pointless. Of course, it's possible that the writers have other plans for that element.

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page